Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2019 7:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mitsuki is actually starting to get real creepy now...

On the other hand, I guess it's kinda cute to see Mio and Takuya continously growing closer every episode in this arc. Plus, the two of them working together is better than solo. That Mitsuki headshot though.
Jun 11, 2019 8:34 AM
Jan 2014
So first was ayumi and kaori then mio and mitsuki next will problably be ichijo and hatano
Jun 11, 2019 8:35 AM
Jan 2018
You know how people have been comparing this to Steins;Gate all the time?

Let's step it up.

COMMENCE THE CLANNAD COMPARISONS!

So in Clannad, after completing a route Tomoya is rewarded with a tiny glowing orb, and upon collecting them all a special route (After Story) is unlocked. But guess what?

Well CLANNAD TOOK THIS FROM YU-NO.

It's easy to miss/forget in the anime, but in episode 1 the dad's letter told Takuya to gather all the remaining orbs for the Reflector Device and THEN go to the mountain. None of these paths were the one Takuya "belongs to", causing Chaos Correction to loop him back to the start. Only now did he get his first orb in the anime, and the goal (gather orbs) is more clear. The question is, what happens then?...

Mind blown yet? By now you guys should slowly begin to understand just how influential this VN is. YU-NO, to my knowledge, invented this specific kind of story structure; multi-route-to-unlock-the-ending VNs like Clannad and Zero Escape try to reuse this structure and come up with their own new plot that fits, whereas the plot IS the structure in YU-NO. This is such an iconic aspect of YU-NO that the timeline map is heavily featured in the OP and ED.
Jun 11, 2019 8:39 AM

Aug 2013
Mitsuki ended up killing herself.

Seems like Takuya has to restart from the beginning.

Jun 11, 2019 9:15 AM

Oct 2017
I'm so hyped for the remastered VN.
Jun 11, 2019 9:35 AM

Jan 2014
Rongmario said:
same...This story is super interesting and characters are fun... Assuming MCs weird jokes, dialogues sometimes feeling sloppy and timing of fanservice scenes feel bad becase of the adaptation the VN might be something amazing... Hopefully VN will happen sometime soon...
Jun 11, 2019 10:00 AM
Jul 2018
Confusing, interesting I like it.
Jun 11, 2019 10:26 AM

Feb 2019
I didn't expect Takuya to be reset this quickly.

So, does he reset to the beginning of it all in his own universe and timeline? Does he skip to another universe at the beginning of the timeline. Do the things he does in one universe affect what happens in the other universes? He declined to use the reflector device to save Mitsuki until he got Mio out of the cave, because he wasn't sure what would happen to her in that universe if he left to go save Mitsuki...so now that he is resetting, does that mean the Mitsuki of that universe and timeline remains dead?

The way his father spoke, Ryuzoji isn't even human....he called him a "thing".

I would have worried that destroying the device under the mountain would render the reflector device useless though.

I was kind of surprised that Takuya hesitated at all to go back and save Mitsuki. I can only guess it was because Mio's life was on the line this time too, not just his own.

I guess even with moments of clarity, Mitsuki couldn't break free of Ryuzoji's hypnosis
Jun 11, 2019 11:13 AM

Oct 2017
LoneWizzy said:
Hopefully VN will happen sometime soon...

October the 2nd for it to come out on steam, and 18+ patch will probably come within the month too.
Jun 11, 2019 11:18 AM
Jan 2018
Rongmario said:
LoneWizzy said:

October the 2nd for it to come out on steam, and 18+ patch will probably come within the month too.
18+ patch? Doubtful. The remake was made for consoles first as an H-scene free release.
Jun 11, 2019 1:25 PM

May 2018
Well that ends the Mio and Mitsuki arc, so what's next the Kanna and Kaori arc??/
Jun 11, 2019 2:02 PM

May 2017
In case you were wondering how the sword was able to take out that tower...

A metal sword, despite its age, is still metal, and conducts electricity. Throwing the sword and getting it lodged into the tower created a sort of "lightning rod" to which the lightning was attracted. Lightning struck the sword and traveled through it, hitting the tower and causing it to short-circuit.

And this is how a sword can destroy a tower!
Jun 11, 2019 2:06 PM

Aug 2013
Rongmario said:
LoneWizzy said:

There is no 18+/adult version of the remake.
Also, it'll be translated by Spike Chunsoft which means nothing but trash.
Just get the original fan translated version.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 11, 2019 3:27 PM

Jan 2014
rsc-pl said:
Rongmario said:

There is no 18+/adult version of the remake.
Also, it'll be translated by Spike Chunsoft which means nothing but trash.
Just get the original fan translated version.
I have no interest in old artstyle and yeah confirmed remake is censored which makes me %50 less likely to read this VN RIP...
Jun 11, 2019 3:29 PM

Sep 2015
Let's complain that it is not an 18+ version is silly, it's crap like most of the 18+ content in eroges. And it is normal in absolutely all the novels that come out on consoles, the remake of Tears To Tiara(Utawarerumono) does not include any of that and simply improved the whole.
Jun 11, 2019 5:04 PM

Oct 2012
Good episode, full of action and very well paced. Was bit down that there was no romance in the end and that Yuuki was able to apologize in such horrible way (felt bit anticlimatic with how Takuya casually disappeared after that but everything before was great and Mitsuki's death was brutal.

So it seems like the next route is Eriko/Mitsuki's one... that white coat made it obvious.
It's almost given now that there will be at least 16 episodes or so before he collects all the stones - and that Kanna will be the last route.

Also, after 13th episode there will be slight delay for summer season, moving new episodes to Thursday instead of Tuesday. I believe they leave the last route of this arc for the begining of the next quartal.
Jun 11, 2019 10:45 PM

May 2015
Sensei died in the most cliche way possible.
Even with that, the episode wasn't that bad.
Jun 12, 2019 4:29 AM
Feb 2009
so he's back to the start again
Jun 12, 2019 8:01 AM

Aug 2013
as anime watcher only with 0 knowledge about the source material, I really enjoy this series
really hype for the remastered VN, or I just gonna play the original one
Jun 12, 2019 8:26 AM

Oct 2012
Fine episode but the real question is how did Takuya get so good at throwing swords? Were there some time resets we missed? No way you could do that on your first try.
Jun 12, 2019 8:53 AM

Jun 2011
Another great and thrilling episode!! Loved it.
Also the ost was great. Was it the ost from the VN? Sounded kinda.. vn-like?
Anyway, can't wait for the next ep, I like this series more and more
Jun 12, 2019 8:57 AM

Aug 2018
Very good episode but there's only a negative element to point : dude, the sword was rusty as fuck, you can't get it out of the rock by touching the sharpened part...

And then, I wish we knew how to make solid weapons like that, 'cause it didn't break after they pulled a stone door AND a big rock... despite being thousands years old lmao

Anyway, it's great to advance as Takuya does : we learn a bit more after each time he travels from worlds to worlds. I'm actually to see how he will act with Mio & Mitsuki, now that he is aware one loves him & the other one is being hypnotised.
Jun 13, 2019 2:42 PM

Jan 2017
I can't lie, I laughed out loud at her wigging herself and then immediately being smooshed by a boulder body pillow.
Mendokusai
Jun 13, 2019 4:28 PM

May 2017
modboy said:
Fine episode but the real question is how did Takuya get so good at throwing swords? Were there some time resets we missed? No way you could do that on your first try.

I can't remember if they mentioned it in the anime (I think they did in passing) but he was a member of the school's sword club.
Signature:
I prefer comedies, horror, hentai, and combinations of such. Anime with a lack of fan service is a disservice.
Jun 14, 2019 10:08 PM

Feb 2018
Oh no Mitsuki died. In the end they survived but Mio didn't seem to remember the kiss Takuya gave.
Jun 16, 2019 7:40 AM
Jan 2019
Many things to say:
1. The Lightning Tower that dates approximately 8,000 years ago. What?!.
2. The teacher died. Damn Ryuzoji!
3.And Takuya vanished again on the road in a world of parallel events
Jun 26, 2019 5:05 AM

Mar 2019
Gotta love the convenient plot rope with notches in it lying around to help them get out so quickly xD
Jul 25, 2019 11:46 AM
May 2016
Rongmario said:
What is remastered VN?
Jul 25, 2019 11:57 AM
Jan 2018
MONKEY_D_NARUTO said:
Rongmario said:
What is remastered VN?
VN = visual novel

The remastered version is soon coming to Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/912450/YUNO_A_girl_who_chants_love_at_the_bound_of_this_world/
Jul 25, 2019 12:03 PM
May 2016
Laukku said:
MONKEY_D_NARUTO said:
What is remastered VN?
VN = visual novel

The remastered version is soon coming to Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/912450/YUNO_A_girl_who_chants_love_at_the_bound_of_this_world/
Thanks for the information!
Nov 13, 2019 12:08 PM

Jul 2015
Yuki: "I won't die until I've apologized to Shimazu-san!"

People who have seen last episode: (x) doubt

Aug 19, 2021 4:11 AM

Aug 2017
Well, Mitsuki killed herself but now Takuya has more information to start again.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 21, 2021 7:17 PM
Jul 2021
HOW did she magically find a way down, under the water after falling and MAGICALLY getting through to where they just had to pry the doors to get in. Also not wanting to go for the device even though he's used it liker fot 3 THOUSAND times, even for shit as stupid as math tests. But he won't save the girl he loved! Also can someone explain to me WHAT the point of escaping JUST to hit the button on the outside? If you are resetting time anyway, then why did you have to leave?
DKDiabloLichtAug 21, 2021 7:23 PM
Oct 24, 2022 11:13 PM

Nov 2013
This would be a better series without the sudden lecherous behavior of the MC. Those gags detract from an otherwise interesting story.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2019

137 by RepeaterSiroop »»
Feb 16, 12:25 PM

» About Hatano Kanna (Spoilers)

ginchan789 - Apr 10, 2019

42 by RyuuanLinke »»
Feb 7, 11:09 AM

» This anime is underrated

saikyozero - Apr 1, 2023

8 by ShivamLH »»
Jan 18, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

87 by Ara-Ara_Oneesan »»
Jan 13, 2:27 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2019

245 by alana_alexander »»
May 31, 2023 5:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.