Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: How does Shield Hero compare to Re:Zero? Shield Hero is ...

Jun 13, 8:22 AM
Raphtaliamal said:
killuaxgon said:
Shield Hero is one of the best isekai imo along with Re:Zero and Slime

Spice & Wolf and Made in Abyss are not isekai
Lol, the isekai anime is the same as carrying the fantasy genre, which is different only the theme of the storyline, where everyone is called into the game or virtual world, as well as spice and wolf are essentially the same about fantasy, this is not a story about the modern era or logical things, it's all the same about magic and the supernatural, that's isekai
nope, Isekai is not always about fantasy, I can find a lot of Isekai novel that had zero fantasy in it. So Isekai =/= fantasy.

Jun 13, 9:27 AM

Jfs_ said:
Raphtaliamal said:
Lol, the isekai anime is the same as carrying the fantasy genre, which is different only the theme of the storyline, where everyone is called into the game or virtual world, as well as spice and wolf are essentially the same about fantasy
nope, Isekai is not always about fantasy, I can find a lot of Isekai novel that had zero fantasy in it. So Isekai =/= fantasy.

I've commented on these topics earlier, check out
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1786592&show=0#msg57791763
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1786735&show=0#msg57792078

Jun 13, 10:11 AM
Raphtaliamal said:
killuaxgon said:
Shield Hero is one of the best isekai imo along with Re:Zero and Slime

Spice & Wolf and Made in Abyss are not isekai
Lol, the isekai anime is the same as carrying the fantasy genre, which is different only the theme of the storyline, where everyone is called into the game or virtual world, as well as spice and wolf are essentially the same about fantasy, this is not a story about the modern era or logical things, it's all the same about magic and the supernatural, that's isekai

just because a series has magic and supernatural and isn't set in the morden era doesn't make it an isekai , besides isekai isn't even a real genre its a sub genre that combines with another one or a setting

Jun 26, 10:40 AM

I'll be impressed if Shield Hero is worse than Re:Zero, and from what I've heard, it sounds like a close race of what might piss me off and waste its concept for shock value and becoming like every other isekai more.
"Anti-elitists" are the true elitists of this community. They're the kind of people that remind me that the elitist stereotype they perpetuate basically doesn't exist, and those who use it to scapegoat embody practically every trait they put into the stereotype, as they sit in their ivory tower looking down at and attacking people they disagree with because they're being negative on a show they like, and their favorites list is comprised of at least one non-mainstream classic, all the while cowering at the idea of those people giving them a taste of their own medicine. Also, objectivity in art is relative, therefore arguable, not nonexistent.

Jun 26, 12:52 PM

My opinion:

Shield hero(manga+anime) = Zero no Tsukaima = Arifureta (manga) <<< SAO = Slime(anime) << Overlord = Made in Abyss < Gate < Youjo Senki = Grimgar < NGNL < Danmachi = Konosuba = Re:zero <<< Kyousou Giga

Jun 26, 1:19 PM
Boring plots after rape accusation arc, dumb characters to make the MC better, shallow cliche villains, that even shounens villains from Hero Academia is much better than from Edge Hero. Undying cliche lazy writing RPG mechanics. Loli and formerly loli fighting for Edge hero's attention to appeal the weeb and edge to appeal the angsty teenage emo. Best isekai yeah better than ReZero yeah

Jun 26, 1:32 PM
Otherworldly

just look for arc comparison . This show best arc is the first one, and get weaker after that. But Re:zero best arc is yey to come ( s2 )

Jun 26, 5:03 PM
In terms of themes, ReZero > Tate no Yuusha.
For Chara development, especially ReZero, it is not much different from Tate no Yuusha.
Honestly I prefer Naofumi than Subaru, Subaru is too annoying and made to fall into the same hole all the time.
To focus on the story, Tate no Yuusha > ReZero.
Tate no Yuusha has a clear plot and focus at the main story which is as hero to save the World and not too many fillers. ReZero I think the story is too broad and the main story is not very clear.

To Isekai or Fantasy Made in Abbys > Youjo Senki > Konosuba > Overload = Tensura = NGNL > ReZero = Tate no Yuusha > Danmachi = SAO = Log Horizon
The othets Isekai are trash 😂

Jun 26, 9:58 PM
Of course is worse, i gave a 7/10 at tate no yusha

I enjoyed more re: zero in air than tate no yusha

Jun 26, 10:08 PM
ThatShiny_Hex said:
inim said:

Youjo Senki = Danmachi < Re:Zero < Shield Hero = No Game No Life < Spice & Wolf < Made in Abyss

Your mileage certainly will differ and I love to hear about it.

Made in Abyss <<<<<< NGNL = Sheild Bro < Youjo Senki < Spice and Wolf = Re:Zero in my opinion

For me the worse is shield hero < danmachi < Overlord = tanya the evil < Re: Zero = NGNL = made in abyss < Konosuba < FMAB < hunterxhunter 2011 = Shingeki no Kyojin.

Jun 26, 10:14 PM

Shield Hero is rather bottom of the barrel compared to most of the shows you mentioned. Overhyped as being "different from other isekai" with a promising start that continuously declined from then on. It's nothing special if not just an average anime.

From best to worst

No Game No Life > Made in Abyss > Spice & Wolf > Re:Zero > Youjo Senki > Shield Hero > Danmachi

Jun 26, 10:19 PM

From best to worst

Re Zero> Youjo Senki > Made in Abyss > Danmachi >Spice & Wolf > Shield Hero > No Game No Life

This is the correct ranking

Jun 26, 10:23 PM
tuanguyen said:
tfw you post this in ShieldHero forum and look at the result. Nothing more to say xD
really true +50% have voted than is worse, i did it too.

Jun 26, 11:00 PM

Edge Hero << Loli military anime < That dungeon something harem anime < School Days < Re:ZeroDeaths = No Ecchi No Life < Spice and Holo << Small children in Abyss
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, atleast should be sweet........ " - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)

Jun 26, 11:01 PM

It's almost as good as Re:Zero. It has enough quality to be in Isekai Quartet (Quintet) with Re:Zero, Konosuba, Overlord, and Saga of Tanya the Evil.
Better than other seasonal isekai like Wise Man's Grandchild, Smartphone, No Game No Life, Slime, Gate, How not to summon a Demon Lord, etc.

Jun 27, 2:58 AM

Rezero is superior.

Jun 27, 7:17 PM

Shield Hero is not only the worst isekai I've ever watched, it's also the worst fantasy show I've ever watched.

So yeah, I like ReZero more.

Jun 27, 7:30 PM
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴

Oh, easily worst than Re:Zero.

Jun 28, 1:24 AM
Shield hero is good, but just good. The story is interesting and entertaining but it has a lot of flaws too. It's certainly not the best but it does have that "shield can't attack" unique gimmick which made things interesting (especially with the WN where all his "attacks" has very serious consequences and limitations). As expected most people think it's ranked around the middle of the other fantasy and isekai which is its correct ranking imo. This is coming from me who read the WN/LN/Manga versions of the story.

Jun 28, 7:54 AM

I don't think this poll went how OP expected lol

Of course re zero is better, even with its own flaws (mostly from being chained to the isekai genre).

Jun 28, 8:14 AM

dc22 said:
I don't think this poll went how OP expected lol
OP has no expectations, I was just curious. The coarse result of 40% "better or equal", 50% "worse" and 10% "don't know" is actually more in favor of SH than I expected, and it's stable in that proportion almost from the start, which means I don't think it's manipulated.

Jun 28, 8:40 AM

Re:Zero has Emilia-tan. So R:0 > Shieldbro.

▲ ▲

«REVs»
«NP Games»
«Male/Female»
«Favorites (+Awards)»
"I am not a friend of justice. I am an enemy of evil."

Jun 28, 8:54 AM
Sheild Hero =Very Good
Re:Zero = Great

I love both, but Re;Zero is better out of the two

Jun 28, 1:07 PM

Though both Isekai Re:Zero and Shield Hero seem way vastly different to compare that well with one another.

I will say that at least Shield Hero didn't have a protagonist that was trash for about 90% of the show with few redeeming episodes.
Touch me, you filthy casual~

Jun 28, 1:59 PM

"... better than Re:Zero. (your vote)"

I don't like ReZero's characters a lot. I also don't like time travel theme.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!

Jun 28, 2:08 PM
ranking isekai best to worst
1st Konosuba the best Isekai
2nd Slime really good
3rd Devile is a part-timer amazing
4th Mondiaji-tashi good but need more seasons
5 yojo senkai / overlord average
6 re zero / shield hero bad isekai

and the worst Isekai goes for the (imouto/Loli incest simulator) No Game No Life .

Jun 28, 8:35 PM

that's ISEKAI COMMON SENSE for you

first arc show their despair and struggles, then they learned to become stronger, it back to generic harem fantasy setting.

I have no complaints. At least, there are anime for me to watch. hehe

Jun 28, 8:51 PM

"...worse than Re:zero - 55%"
It was 50% before and its still increasing lol. I'm sure the % would've been even higher by now except for the fact that SH is a very recent anime.
But yeah, SH became kinda boring after ep 4. Ep25 was okay but the episodes in between were meh at best.

Jun 28, 8:59 PM

I drop it after watching 8 episodes. Does it get any better? Anyway, here's how I rank all the isekais I watch as far as I can remember.

1. Juuni Kokuki
2. Digimon Adventure
3. Re:Zero
4. Overlord
5. KonoSuba
6. Tensei Shitara
7. Youjo Senki
7. NGNL
8. Shield Hero
9. Log Horizon
Modified by Gorochu, Jun 28, 10:13 PM

Jun 28, 9:36 PM

Issmail22Lawfy said:
2nd Slime really good

and the worst Isekai goes for the (imouto/Loli incest simulator) No Game No Life .

Have you heard of Twelve Kingdoms? It's an Isekai but way better. I never watched it myself but I got recommended for it and heard it is pretty good.

Jun 29, 5:21 AM
Artifiyings said:
Issmail22Lawfy said:
2nd Slime really good

Have you heard of Twelve Kingdoms? It's an Isekai but way better. I never watched it myself but I got recommended for it and heard it is pretty good.

No i never heard of it , but i'm gonna google it now and see .
i'm not sure if i'm going to watch it because i have so many Other isekai that i want to watch.
Modified by Issmail22Lawfy, Jun 29, 5:31 AM

Jun 29, 9:23 AM

Issmail22Lawfy said:
Artifiyings said:
No i never heard of it , but i'm gonna google it now and see. I'm not sure if i'm going to watch it because i have so many Other isekai that i want to watch.
Haven't watched it either, but this is what a experienced MAL-friend and fellow fantasy lover recommended for the epic/high fantasy genre in anime.

"Twelve Kingdoms" (Juuni Kokuki) is fairly long, but it ends abruptly without conclusion or sequel, while the arcs get weaker towards the end. However, the first 13 episodes arc is about the best high fantasy anime has to offer. So watch 13 and drop the rest.

Another frequently recommended high fantasy anime which is self-contained and a 26 episodes long is "Guardian of the Spirit" (Seirei no Moribito). He said it's only slightly inferior to Twelve Kingdoms.

Jun 29, 12:19 PM
inim said:
Issmail22Lawfy said:
No i never heard of it , but i'm gonna google it now and see. I'm not sure if i'm going to watch it because i have so many Other isekai that i want to watch.
Haven't watched it either, but this is what a experienced MAL-friend and fellow fantasy lover recommended for the epic/high fantasy genre in anime.

"Twelve Kingdoms" (Juuni Kokuki) is fairly long, but it ends abruptly without conclusion or sequel, while the arcs get weaker towards the end. However, the first 13 episodes arc is about the best high fantasy anime has to offer. So watch 13 and drop the rest.

Another frequently recommended high fantasy anime which is self-contained and a 26 episodes long is "Guardian of the Spirit" (Seirei no Moribito). He said it's only slightly inferior to Twelve Kingdoms.

Oh thanks for the warning , it would be i waste of time to watch 45 episodes for an opened ending .
I will avoid this one .

About seirie no moribito it's sound like a good anime . maybe i'll watch it if i have time

Pages (2) « 1 [2]