New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 13, 2019 8:22 AM

Apr 2018
Raphtaliamal said:
killuaxgon said:
Shield Hero is one of the best isekai imo along with Re:Zero and Slime

Spice & Wolf and Made in Abyss are not isekai
Lol, the isekai anime is the same as carrying the fantasy genre, which is different only the theme of the storyline, where everyone is called into the game or virtual world, as well as spice and wolf are essentially the same about fantasy, this is not a story about the modern era or logical things, it's all the same about magic and the supernatural, that's isekai
nope, Isekai is not always about fantasy, I can find a lot of Isekai novel that had zero fantasy in it. So Isekai =/= fantasy.
Jun 13, 2019 9:27 AM

Apr 2019
Jfs_ said:
Raphtaliamal said:
Lol, the isekai anime is the same as carrying the fantasy genre, which is different only the theme of the storyline, where everyone is called into the game or virtual world, as well as spice and wolf are essentially the same about fantasy
nope, Isekai is not always about fantasy, I can find a lot of Isekai novel that had zero fantasy in it. So Isekai =/= fantasy.

I've commented on these topics earlier, check out
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1786592&show=0#msg57791763
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1786735&show=0#msg57792078

Jun 13, 2019 10:11 AM
Jan 2018
Raphtaliamal said:
killuaxgon said:
Shield Hero is one of the best isekai imo along with Re:Zero and Slime

Spice & Wolf and Made in Abyss are not isekai
Lol, the isekai anime is the same as carrying the fantasy genre, which is different only the theme of the storyline, where everyone is called into the game or virtual world, as well as spice and wolf are essentially the same about fantasy, this is not a story about the modern era or logical things, it's all the same about magic and the supernatural, that's isekai

just because a series has magic and supernatural and isn't set in the morden era doesn't make it an isekai , besides isekai isn't even a real genre its a sub genre that combines with another one or a setting
Jun 26, 2019 10:40 AM

Apr 2016
I'll be impressed if Shield Hero is worse than Re:Zero, and from what I've heard, it sounds like a close race of what might piss me off and waste its concept for shock value and becoming like every other isekai more.
Jun 26, 2019 12:52 PM

Jun 2014
My opinion:

Shield hero(manga+anime) = Zero no Tsukaima = Arifureta (manga) <<< SAO = Slime(anime) << Overlord = Made in Abyss < Gate < Youjo Senki = Grimgar < NGNL < Danmachi = Konosuba = Re:zero <<< Kyousou Giga

Jun 26, 2019 1:19 PM

Oct 2018
Boring plots after rape accusation arc, dumb characters to make the MC better, shallow cliche villains, that even shounens villains from Hero Academia is much better than from Edge Hero. Undying cliche lazy writing RPG mechanics. Loli and formerly loli fighting for Edge hero's attention to appeal the weeb and edge to appeal the angsty teenage emo. Best isekai yeah better than ReZero yeah
Jun 26, 2019 1:32 PM

Oct 2015
just look for arc comparison . This show best arc is the first one, and get weaker after that. But Re:zero best arc is yey to come ( s2 )
Jun 26, 2019 5:03 PM
Jun 2016
In terms of themes, ReZero > Tate no Yuusha.
For Chara development, especially ReZero, it is not much different from Tate no Yuusha.
Honestly I prefer Naofumi than Subaru, Subaru is too annoying and made to fall into the same hole all the time.
To focus on the story, Tate no Yuusha > ReZero.
Tate no Yuusha has a clear plot and focus at the main story which is as hero to save the World and not too many fillers. ReZero I think the story is too broad and the main story is not very clear.

To Isekai or Fantasy Made in Abbys > Youjo Senki > Konosuba > Overload = Tensura = NGNL > ReZero = Tate no Yuusha > Danmachi = SAO = Log Horizon
The othets Isekai are trash 😂
Jun 26, 2019 9:58 PM
Jun 2017
Of course is worse, i gave a 7/10 at tate no yusha

I enjoyed more re: zero in air than tate no yusha
Jun 26, 2019 10:08 PM
Jun 2017
ThatShiny_Hex said:
inim said:

Youjo Senki = Danmachi < Re:Zero < Shield Hero = No Game No Life < Spice & Wolf < Made in Abyss

Your mileage certainly will differ and I love to hear about it.

Made in Abyss <<<<<< NGNL = Sheild Bro < Youjo Senki < Spice and Wolf = Re:Zero in my opinion

For me the worse is shield hero < danmachi < Overlord = tanya the evil < Re: Zero = NGNL = made in abyss < Konosuba < FMAB < hunterxhunter 2011 = Shingeki no Kyojin.
Jun 26, 2019 10:14 PM

Oct 2015
Shield Hero is rather bottom of the barrel compared to most of the shows you mentioned. Overhyped as being "different from other isekai" with a promising start that continuously declined from then on. It's nothing special if not just an average anime.

From best to worst

No Game No Life > Made in Abyss > Spice & Wolf > Re:Zero > Youjo Senki > Shield Hero > Danmachi
Jun 26, 2019 10:19 PM

Jan 2014
From best to worst

Re Zero> Youjo Senki > Made in Abyss > Danmachi >Spice & Wolf > Shield Hero > No Game No Life

This is the correct ranking
Jun 26, 2019 10:23 PM
Jun 2017
tuanguyen said:
tfw you post this in ShieldHero forum and look at the result. Nothing more to say xD
really true +50% have voted than is worse, i did it too.
Jun 26, 2019 11:00 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Edge Hero << Loli military anime < That dungeon something harem anime < School Days < Re:ZeroDeaths = No Ecchi No Life < Spice and Holo << Small children in Abyss
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jun 26, 2019 11:01 PM

May 2015
It's almost as good as Re:Zero. It has enough quality to be in Isekai Quartet (Quintet) with Re:Zero, Konosuba, Overlord, and Saga of Tanya the Evil.
Better than other seasonal isekai like Wise Man's Grandchild, Smartphone, No Game No Life, Slime, Gate, How not to summon a Demon Lord, etc.
Jun 27, 2019 2:58 AM

Nov 2018
Rezero is superior.
Jun 27, 2019 7:17 PM

Apr 2012
Shield Hero is not only the worst isekai I've ever watched, it's also the worst fantasy show I've ever watched.

So yeah, I like ReZero more.
Jun 27, 2019 7:30 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Oh, easily worst than Re:Zero.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jun 28, 2019 1:24 AM
Dec 2014
Shield hero is good, but just good. The story is interesting and entertaining but it has a lot of flaws too. It's certainly not the best but it does have that "shield can't attack" unique gimmick which made things interesting (especially with the WN where all his "attacks" has very serious consequences and limitations). As expected most people think it's ranked around the middle of the other fantasy and isekai which is its correct ranking imo. This is coming from me who read the WN/LN/Manga versions of the story.
Jun 28, 2019 7:54 AM

Oct 2013
I don't think this poll went how OP expected lol

Of course re zero is better, even with its own flaws (mostly from being chained to the isekai genre).
Jun 28, 2019 8:14 AM

Apr 2019
dc22 said:
I don't think this poll went how OP expected lol
OP has no expectations, I was just curious. The coarse result of 40% "better or equal", 50% "worse" and 10% "don't know" is actually more in favor of SH than I expected, and it's stable in that proportion almost from the start, which means I don't think it's manipulated.

Jun 28, 2019 8:40 AM
Jul 2018
Re:Zero has Emilia-tan. So R:0 > Shieldbro.
Jun 28, 2019 8:54 AM

May 2012
Sheild Hero =Very Good
Re:Zero = Great

I love both, but Re;Zero is better out of the two
Jun 28, 2019 1:07 PM

Nov 2011
Though both Isekai Re:Zero and Shield Hero seem way vastly different to compare that well with one another.

I will say that at least Shield Hero didn't have a protagonist that was trash for about 90% of the show with few redeeming episodes.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jun 28, 2019 1:59 PM

Jul 2012
"... better than Re:Zero. (your vote)"

I don't like ReZero's characters a lot. I also don't like time travel theme.
Jun 28, 2019 2:08 PM
Dec 2017
ranking isekai best to worst
1st Konosuba the best Isekai
2nd Slime really good
3rd Devile is a part-timer amazing
4th Mondiaji-tashi good but need more seasons
5 yojo senkai / overlord average
6 re zero / shield hero bad isekai

and the worst Isekai goes for the (imouto/Loli incest simulator) No Game No Life .
Jun 28, 2019 8:35 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
that's ISEKAI COMMON SENSE for you

first arc show their despair and struggles, then they learned to become stronger, it back to generic harem fantasy setting.

I have no complaints. At least, there are anime for me to watch. hehe
Jun 28, 2019 8:51 PM

Sep 2016
"...worse than Re:zero - 55%"
It was 50% before and its still increasing lol. I'm sure the % would've been even higher by now except for the fact that SH is a very recent anime.
But yeah, SH became kinda boring after ep 4. Ep25 was okay but the episodes in between were meh at best.
Jun 28, 2019 8:59 PM

May 2018
I drop it after watching 8 episodes. Does it get any better? Anyway, here's how I rank all the isekais I watch as far as I can remember.

1. Juuni Kokuki
2. Digimon Adventure
3. Re:Zero
4. Overlord
5. KonoSuba
6. Tensei Shitara
7. Youjo Senki
7. NGNL
8. Shield Hero
9. Log Horizon
Papa_ScorchJun 28, 2019 10:13 PM
Jun 28, 2019 9:36 PM

Feb 2016
Issmail22Lawfy said:
2nd Slime really good

and the worst Isekai goes for the (imouto/Loli incest simulator) No Game No Life .

Have you heard of Twelve Kingdoms? It's an Isekai but way better. I never watched it myself but I got recommended for it and heard it is pretty good.
Jun 29, 2019 5:21 AM
Dec 2017
Artifiyings said:
Issmail22Lawfy said:
2nd Slime really good

Have you heard of Twelve Kingdoms? It's an Isekai but way better. I never watched it myself but I got recommended for it and heard it is pretty good.

No i never heard of it , but i'm gonna google it now and see .
i'm not sure if i'm going to watch it because i have so many Other isekai that i want to watch.
AquaBlue-samaJun 29, 2019 5:31 AM
Jun 29, 2019 9:23 AM

Apr 2019
Issmail22Lawfy said:
Artifiyings said:
No i never heard of it , but i'm gonna google it now and see. I'm not sure if i'm going to watch it because i have so many Other isekai that i want to watch.
Haven't watched it either, but this is what a experienced MAL-friend and fellow fantasy lover recommended for the epic/high fantasy genre in anime.

"Twelve Kingdoms" (Juuni Kokuki) is fairly long, but it ends abruptly without conclusion or sequel, while the arcs get weaker towards the end. However, the first 13 episodes arc is about the best high fantasy anime has to offer. So watch 13 and drop the rest.

Another frequently recommended high fantasy anime which is self-contained and a 26 episodes long is "Guardian of the Spirit" (Seirei no Moribito). He said it's only slightly inferior to Twelve Kingdoms.

Jun 29, 2019 12:19 PM
Dec 2017
inim said:
Issmail22Lawfy said:
No i never heard of it , but i'm gonna google it now and see. I'm not sure if i'm going to watch it because i have so many Other isekai that i want to watch.
Haven't watched it either, but this is what a experienced MAL-friend and fellow fantasy lover recommended for the epic/high fantasy genre in anime.

"Twelve Kingdoms" (Juuni Kokuki) is fairly long, but it ends abruptly without conclusion or sequel, while the arcs get weaker towards the end. However, the first 13 episodes arc is about the best high fantasy anime has to offer. So watch 13 and drop the rest.

Another frequently recommended high fantasy anime which is self-contained and a 26 episodes long is "Guardian of the Spirit" (Seirei no Moribito). He said it's only slightly inferior to Twelve Kingdoms.

Oh thanks for the warning , it would be i waste of time to watch 45 episodes for an opened ending .
I will avoid this one .

About seirie no moribito it's sound like a good anime . maybe i'll watch it if i have time
Sep 12, 2019 12:07 PM

Apr 2013
The crossover of ALL Isekai in ISEKAI QUARTET > All Isekai series.....
Sep 16, 2020 7:00 AM

Jan 2019
Combine 50 Shield Hero anime and they can't still even close to

Re:Zero.

You guys maybe forget how amazing masterpiece Re:Zero was but Season 2 going to remind you.

Looking for better series than Re:Zero
Sep 28, 2020 4:13 AM

Mar 2020
Comparing sheild hero with re zero honestly it an insult to even compare re zero with sheild hero. Re zero outclasses sheild hero in every category and never loses its quality. Its not some generic isekai and has tgriller with fantasy. And people who think subaru can just fix e everything dont really know alot about him He dies everytime and his death is not decent in any way. He had mental damage as well. He was onece eaten alive as for the annoying part he had a psychological problem which is revealed now It has mystery and you cant predict the show. Frankly its a million times better then sheild heroand i have read the novels(sheild hero) upto13 volumes. And dropped it. The story just keeps On getting worse. Re zero improves with every arc. Re zero has better characters much much better female cast who does nt fall for the mc with out a reason theydo but not like the way its potrayed sheild hero is plain simple and the way they bested glass was sdisappointing
Oct 23, 2020 11:56 AM
Sep 2020
Are you insluting rezero ?
Nov 11, 2020 12:04 AM
Nov 2020
327 people voted worse than re:zero..... I gain hope on humanity.
Dec 1, 2020 10:41 AM
Nov 2011
Re:Zero was pure trash. I loved the shield hero anime. Zero was a complete waste of my time and I spent each episode pulling my hair out...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2019

194 by Vinnicivs »»
Feb 24, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2019

543 by Addisonchim »»
Feb 19, 10:13 AM

» so why does he keep enslaving girls? ( 1 2 )

Nyron - Feb 5

97 by Frogdude59 »»
Feb 9, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2019

297 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 3, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2019

439 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 3, 8:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.