Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 10, 2019 7:44 AM

Feb 2019
I'm stuck between a few choices but I'd also love to see what the community thinks I should watch. If you have something that you deem fantastic I would also love to hear what it is!
Jun 10, 2019 7:45 AM

Jul 2013
If you don't watch and love Angel Beats!, you're dead to me
Jun 10, 2019 7:49 AM

Dec 2017
If you want to watch shonen then go for hunter x hunter.
If you want romantic comedy which is fresh then go for kaguya sama.
If you want light hearted show which can cure depression then go for yuru yuri or yuru camp.
If you want perverted comedy then go for boku wa tomodachi ga sukanai.

I would recommend hunter x hunter the most.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Jun 10, 2019 7:52 AM
Jul 2018
Watch I want to eat your pancreas if you like sad stuff,Kaguya sama if you like romcoms and probably Iron Blooded Orphans if you like action
Jun 10, 2019 7:58 AM

Feb 2019
Mob Psycho 100 and Violet Evergarden

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Jun 10, 2019 7:58 AM

Dec 2014
Code Geass S2, K-ON, Nanatsu no Taizai, Steins;Gate, Hunter x Hunter.
Jun 10, 2019 8:05 AM

Apr 2019
Chuunibyou is seriously great.

Yuru Yuri has an OVA coming out this year and it's also great.

Bloom Into You is one of my favorite yuri romances.

Any of those will do.
moe_samaJun 10, 2019 8:09 AM

大好き "I just want to be an ancient demigod loli"
Jun 10, 2019 8:09 AM

May 2019
Watch Psycho Pass. It is one of the best psychological anime.
Don't be a self pretentious that is the most gayest thing ever
English Dubs are better than subs
You all have anime profile pic so you opinion doesn't count
Your Waifu is trash
Cory in the house is the best anime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFQQALduhzA
Japanese are one of the most xenophobic nations
My Anime List looks like a website from 1990s
Jun 10, 2019 8:36 AM
Jul 2018
Well, since you favourited Bunny Girl Senpai, I'm assuming you enjoyed the banter and the weird sciency stuff, both of which Steins;Gate excels in. They also share a smartass female character, a sister-ish character with whom the MC might have a co-dependent relationship, the MC moving from girl to girl across arcs, and scenes towards the end where you want to cry along with the MC. So yeah, what are you waiting for?
Jun 10, 2019 9:12 AM

Nov 2018
if you want to watch an amazing movie, then go watch Koe no Katachi; for a TV I can only tell you that Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!, Yamada-kun to 7-nin and Zero no Tsukaima are very enjoyable and Trinity Seven is good too, Tokyo Ghoul and Shokugeki no Souma are masterpieces of their own class

if you want a recommendation I'd recommend them like this (1st is the best):
  1. Tokyo Ghoul
  2. Koe no Katachi
  3. Shokugeki no Souma
  4. Zero no Tsukaima

the rest depends on what you like, Chuunibyou is a bit more fantasy and also needs a bit more fantasy from you to think it's funny, sadly I felt like it got worse; Trinity Seven is more of an ecchi-fantasy show and the story is meh but at least it got some action; Yamada-kun to 7-nin is funny, especially because of the main character
Jun 10, 2019 9:18 AM

Oct 2014
@Futz_, if going by your favorites list you definitely seem to be one in favor of getting deep in your feels with drama. I recommend from your PTW: Steins;Gate, A Silent Voice, Violet Evergarden, Re:Zero, and Clannad + AS (which i haven't seen but is always at the top of every list about feels and drama).

I don't believe in the Devil.
You should. He believes in you.
Jun 10, 2019 9:20 AM

Jul 2015
Check what genre you haven't watched for the longest time and go for it.

Jun 10, 2019 9:23 AM

Jan 2018
Pick one :
Code Geass ; Re:ZERO ; Yahari ; JOJO
Jun 10, 2019 10:07 AM

Jun 2019
The only series I have seen on there is Yuru Camp.

I enjoyed it, but you have to be in the proper state of mind. First of all, you have to be a Slice of Life fan. Second, even as far as SoL goes there are no big dramatic sequences mixed in. It's very tranquil and relaxing; comforting even. So if you're looking for something that is more of a sensory experience where you feel transported to the campire and you can sit and unwind with the characters, this is the right choice. It's very easy watching and is only one short season, but a second season has already been announced for, I believe, 2020.
Jun 10, 2019 10:13 AM

Nov 2007
All the KyoAni stuff. They are the best.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 10, 2019 10:25 AM

Apr 2019
Here:
Guilty Crown, Code Geass, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Hyouka, Noragami, Psycho-Pass, Steins;Gate, Zankyou no Terror, Akame ga Kill, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun.
Jun 10, 2019 10:26 AM
Oct 2018
Either: Code Geass season 2, Angel Beats!, AnoHana, Blue Exorcist, Gabriel DropOut, Kill la Kill, Kokoro Connect, Violet Evergarden, or Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches
i think i've had enough
Jun 10, 2019 1:32 PM

Nov 2015
Death Parade or Blue Exorcist. Those are some of my favorites that I saw on your list
Jun 10, 2019 1:44 PM
Feb 2017
Toradora!, Kaguya-sama, Koe no Katachi, Steins;Gate and Mob Psycho 100 II are my reccomendations. Choose from any of them, they're all good (Todadora! is my favorite of all time).
Jun 10, 2019 2:25 PM

May 2014
Mob Psycho 100 season 2 is the best anime on the list by far.
Jun 10, 2019 2:30 PM

Jun 2012
Grand Blue is from the same author as Baka to Test and is genuinely one of the funniest manga I've read alongside Hinamatsuri and Angel Densetsu. The anime adaptation does a decent job of it but I would strongly recommend the manga instead.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Jun 10, 2019 2:43 PM

May 2009
Futz_ said:
If you have something that you deem fantastic I would also love to hear what it is!
Here are some shows I quite like that basically no one here except me ever mentions. I've purposely picked obscure stuff that you might not have heard of.

some sci-fi shows

* Kiddy Grade
* Stratos 4
* Rocket Girls
* Soukou no Strain
* Beatless

some fantasy shows

* The Tower of Druaga
* Chaika the Coffin Princess
* Vivid Strike (though this is part of the more well-known Nanoha series)

some shows in modern-ish settings

* Four Rhythm Across the Blue
* Moyashimon
* Umi Monogatari (has elements of fantasy)

a show in a fictional-historical setting

* Allison & Lillia
GlennMagusHarveyJun 10, 2019 2:46 PM
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Jun 10, 2019 2:49 PM

Aug 2017
Toradora or Anohana, two of my favourite series.
Jun 10, 2019 2:53 PM
Nov 2017
Knowing in your list, you never watch steins gate. I don't know you will like it or not, knowing that it seems like you never wath slow paced anime. But, if you passion enough, Steins gate is a good anime for you. Trust me! It will be more good and good. Maybe at least you have to watch the first 12 episodes, and then it will really get tense, and one of the most geeatest anime.

Your rating for shonen is not really that big, so I'm guessing you don't really like shonen, maybe? But if you want to watch them, try to watch Hunter x Hunter. That is a good anime shonen.

If you want something unique, try SNK. It's actually seinen, but the character is so shonen, which what makes it unique. Like if you want to know what will happens to a shonen boy where he goes to a seinen world or some sh*t.

Maybe for slice of life Love Life kind of thing, you will enjoy Suzumiya Haruhi, I guess? I don't know, it's not similar at all, but I'm really sure you will enjoy it. I don't know.

If you're young, a romance like your name and koe no katachi will be a good choice for you. But for me (well I'm not thst old, but I'm not a teenager anymore), 5cm per second maybe will make you enjoy it more, knowing it is more deep.
Jun 10, 2019 2:55 PM

May 2009
@Futz_ specifically from your PTW, here are my suggestions:

* Angel Beats! - modern setting with fantasy elements, as it's set in an afterlife. some comedy with underlying drama. can be very emotional.

* Gabriel DropOut - modern setting slice-of-life comedy, about angels who aren't all that angelic, and demons who aren't all that demonic. The source of my current forum avatar.

* Gakusen Toshi Asterisk / The Asterisk War - magitech battle school harem show in a modern/sci-fi setting. Make sure you watch both seasons of it; the characterization is bumpy early on but the storyline gets more substantial and interesting later on, involving setting elements and such.

* Koe no Katachi / A Silent Voice - an excellent movie. modern-day Japanese school setting, drama. The story of the emotional journeys of a cast of characters centered around a deaf girl.

* Plastic Memories - modern setting with sci-fi elements, specifically human-like androids. explores some philosophical/emotional questions about end-of-life considerations. drama with comedy and romance elements.

Also since you have Asterisk War on here I should also suggest Absolute Duo. The basic premise is similar -- magical battle school setting, with some harem elements. But the show goes in a different direction, and has excellent music -- enough to upstage the already great music of Rasmus Faber in Asterisk War.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Jun 10, 2019 3:09 PM

Aug 2018
Boku dake ga Inai Machi
Fate/Zero
Golden Time
Konosuba
Re:Zero
Steins;Gate

Damn your PTW is a gold mine

"I want to show that woman the true Yoshikage Kira. I want her to hear how I feel deep inside. That I want to take your slender neck into these hands and strangle you to death."

Jun 10, 2019 3:09 PM

Apr 2018
Well, i see that you have Kill la Kill and Madoka Magica on your PTW list. Considering that those 2 are in my personal Top 10, i'd vouch for them.
Jun 10, 2019 3:11 PM
Sep 2018
thevagus said:
If you want to watch shonen then go for hunter x hunter.
If you want romantic comedy which is fresh then go for kaguya sama.
If you want light hearted show which can cure depression then go for yuru yuri or yuru camp.
If you want perverted comedy then go for boku wa tomodachi ga sukanai.

I would recommend hunter x hunter the most.

HxH i wouldn't recommend that at all same trash level as fairy tail and naruto
Jun 10, 2019 3:12 PM

Dec 2017
Steins;Gate is the obvious choice.
Jun 10, 2019 3:35 PM

May 2009
Jun 10, 2019 4:30 PM

Jul 2016
Madoka Magica and Mob season 2 are the best ones on your list.
Jun 10, 2019 5:32 PM
Apr 2016
I know I gave you a lot of suggestions, but any of these from your PTW List would be good to start, imo.
Boku dake ga Inai Machi
Death Parade
Gakkougurashi!
Grand Blue
K-On!
Koe no Katachi
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica (At least watch until episode 3 before judging it)
Non Non Biyori
Re Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
Sora yori mo Tooi Basho
Steins; Gate (Some people don't like it until episode 10 or 11 and then think it gets good, but I liked the whole thing)
Toradora
Yuru Camp

Jun 11, 2019 10:19 AM

Nov 2014
@Futz_ Okay, first of all, cool design you have, i really like it

And will recomend you to watch

Akatsuki no Yona
Elfen Lied
Fate/Zero
Kill la Kill
Log Horizon
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Steins; Gate
Violet Evergarden

Also give it a shot to the Fruits Basket anime made in 2001

More topics from this board

» Looking for any recommendations really

TabonyBoy - Apr 16

13 by windyshadow »»
1 hour ago

» I find it absolutely absurd I can’t find a manga with gay marriage legalized

isseixkoneko - 1 hour ago

0 by isseixkoneko »»
1 hour ago

» Recommend me an anime based on my favorites!

iamnottesslol - Apr 21

11 by windyshadow »»
5 hours ago

» Anime recommendations please

MeZaDefined - Yesterday

1 by Zarutaku »»
7 hours ago

» Anime that have all female guilds/clubs/groups/living places, etc

GakutoDeathGlare - Yesterday

6 by Zarutaku »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.