Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 8, 2019 7:07 PM

Nov 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I really hate what they did to Kuma. We never really saw his kind side, except for all what he did for the Strawhats, but that alone and the fact how dearly Sabo is thinking of him proves how great he was.

Got goosebumps at the end when Sabo and the others showed their resolve, also perfect OST, Overtaken is always hype inducing.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 8, 2019 7:27 PM
Apr 2016
Well, seems like Sabo did a good job infiltrating and taking pictures of that palace. Poor Kuma, he's a literal mess now... It's nice to see Bonney again, seems that just like Revolutionary Army, she's as well infiltrating the celestial dragon lands.

This smile will give me nightmares though, lmao.
Jun 8, 2019 7:33 PM

Apr 2014
Man this is way too messed up of what they did to Kuma. They will regret this! Sabo and the revolutionary army is to make sure of it!
Jun 8, 2019 7:39 PM

Feb 2010
Jewelry Bonney for Straw Hat? I'm down for that!
Jun 8, 2019 8:15 PM

Sep 2013
Oof I want to vent out my frustration too this is fucked up what they did to Kuma.
I'm looking forward to the day when Sabo & the revolutionary army will fuck them over.
Jun 8, 2019 8:27 PM
Jan 2019
Jewelry Bonney look like the queen? don't expect that coming. poor Kuma being slave to those bastard the frustration is on high level
Jun 8, 2019 8:43 PM

Oct 2015
Charlos just can't stay out of trouble!

Kuma's backstory was very touching, especially the way he has saved the straw hats numerous times. As for Emperio Ivankov, I would remember that "Face" no matter what happens to my memories, it is such an unforgettable face. Kuma must be really fried not remember it!

Thriller bark arc was one of Zoro's greatest arc ever, that moment was my favorite.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 8, 2019 9:05 PM

Jul 2016
Bonney to be Kumas daughter? Wife?
Jun 8, 2019 9:40 PM

Jul 2007
Reverie is a critical event in the one piece story line and truth be told, even the manga readers have not experienced it all yet. This small little intermission before wano is mostly just a tease to what the actual reverie arc will bring. Namely the showdown between the revolutionary army and celestial dragons.

In any case next week is the last episode of this tiny intermission with a huge revelation before we start wano proper. So get ready people and wano arc is going to be amazing. We still have 2 more additional episodes beyond the end of this little arc, so i wonder what they will be? Tie-in to the film maybe or possibly more cover stories with the grand fleet. I guess will see.

Jun 9, 2019 12:04 AM

Jul 2015
We've reached 888.
Too bad Carlos survived again after getting hit, he is stronger than I thought.
Nice to see an announcement at the end of the episode of when the Wano arc will start.

Jun 9, 2019 3:07 AM

May 2016
Sad to see my ex favourite Shichibukai as a slave
Jun 9, 2019 3:18 AM

Feb 2014
I like to believe Kuma helped the Straw Hats escape that day because of Zoro's resolve against Kuma the first time they met. FeelsBadMan

Jun 9, 2019 3:21 AM

Oct 2017
Please God, don't tell me that Wano Arc will be CGI. 'Cause that's what it looked like in the teaser.
Jun 9, 2019 4:39 AM

Feb 2013
I hope there's a way to save Kuma, maybe Vegapunk can "fix" him.
Jun 9, 2019 6:53 AM

Jul 2007
hiddentechnique said:
Please God, don't tell me that Wano Arc will be CGI. 'Cause that's what it looked like in the teaser.

What? Dude thats cell shading, not CGI lol. and yes wano kuni will have a bit of a picturistic painting style to its art and backgrounds cause oda created the wano arc to resemble Japanese kabuki theater and is influenced by many folklore plays and naratives like tale of the bamboo cutter, Kintaro and momotaro among others. It is going to be quite interesting.

Jun 9, 2019 7:10 AM
Sep 2018
hiddentechnique said:
I don't know where you saw CGI in the teaser. I ensure you that it was all hand drawn. The artsyle is just diffrent. Same goes for the animation. Its because they have changed the director, which I think is truly for the better!
Jun 9, 2019 8:34 AM

Dec 2013
What they did to Kuma really was cruel.

Bonney also arriving at Mariejois was unexpected.
Jun 9, 2019 9:56 AM

May 2014
So it has finally begun, the revolutionary army make first move best part is Sabo infiltration of holy land Marijoa

I'm curious to see what role Bonney is going to play and how exactly is she related / connected with Kuma
Jun 9, 2019 10:50 AM

Oct 2015
That was 1/3 of a chapter. I forgot a few things about Kuma, so it was good seeing some flashbacks about him.

Wano arc is coming on 7th of July.

I don't know how it'll feel to see the end of this arc for people who haven't read the manga, but I hope the stretching, and the events happening somewhat out of order won't change much of the impact.
They better make the Wano arc with the best quality possible!
Jun 9, 2019 12:29 PM

Jul 2008
Man you have got to hate those piece of shit celestial dragons...kill them all Sabo.
Jun 9, 2019 9:20 PM
May 2018
Did they change the voice actor of Jewelry Bonney?! It sounds different to me!
Jun 9, 2019 10:56 PM

Feb 2015
Sabo infiltrated to Mary Geoise to take photos, and escaping from some soldiers, he found out that Kuma (PX-0) was being used as a slave by the world nobles, Sabo angered, but Karasu and Morley stopped him. An old queen took advantage of Charlo’s situation and infiltrated to the Domain of the Gods, revealing later that she’s Bonney.

More interesting stuff happening, we still don’t really know Kuma’s intentions. Is Bonney related to Kuma?
Jun 10, 2019 4:54 AM
Jul 2018
I remember the absolute rage I felt when I read the Manga chapter of Kuma's situation. :/ Hopefully Sabo will kick their asses
Jun 10, 2019 8:58 AM

Apr 2013
Didn't expect to see Bonney there, wonder how she's connected to all of this? Apparently she has some connection to Kuma, maybe she's from the same country?
Jun 10, 2019 10:02 AM

Oct 2017
Endless fillers. More and more flashbacks.Plz stop this toei.
Jun 10, 2019 10:51 AM

Dec 2014
ok like very sad for kuma...I hope he gets redemption
Jun 10, 2019 8:25 PM
Sep 2018
AbrarFyioz said:

Lets just hope that the reverie arc is just sacrificed for the wano arc .
Jun 10, 2019 8:46 PM

Oct 2017
beanie_weeny said:
AbrarFyioz said:

Lets just hope that the reverie arc is just sacrificed for the wano arc .

Well the trailer for the wano arc was great so im hoping the same. But im still pissed for ruining an entire arc and luffys 5th yonko moment with filler flashbacks.
Jun 11, 2019 2:30 AM

Mar 2015
Really looking forward to seeing Kuma freed.

Oo Bonney appears
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 11, 2019 7:39 PM

Jul 2013
Poor Kuma. I can understand how Sabo must feel even if we never saw this "other" side of Kuma. Just the smile of him was something totally unexpected. Speaking of unexpected things, why is Bonney there? I really want to know what her relationship to Kuma is.

Sabo and Co. will also make their move soon. I want to see Dragon in action so badly.

Also crazy to think that we're already at episode 888. :o

Jun 12, 2019 6:02 AM
Jan 2019
It was an episode, let's say it ... sad and with surprises. I feel a lot of sadness and great respect for Bartolomew Kuma. He was a great man ... and now he is a machine that has lost his humanity 😟.

We go in parts:
1.Jewelry Bonney. Why does he infiltrate Mariejois? Is she really Queen of the Sorbet Kingdom? Do you have any connection with Kuma ?. That girl is very sexy, ok that was more 😅. Seeing her cry, I was very surprised. Did the Tenryubito make her suffer?
2. Bartolomew Kuma, it's very sad to see him in that state. As Franky said "Bartolomew Kuma ended up being one of our greatest allies". And it's true, he let live and saved the Straw Hats. It broke my heart to see Kuma smile in the memories of Sabo :( "The Gentle Kuma".
I was too surprised to learn that Kuma was the former King of the Sorbet Kingdom.
King, Pirate, Revolutionary, Shichibukai and Slave. WOW! His life has been hard.
3.Sabo, that man is not careful in what he does. Destroyed the wall of a building as if nothing. LOL 😂. But after seeing Kuma in that sorry state, he will take on this mission with much more seriousness "Making mistakes is not an option, it's succeeding or dying!" Destroy everything!
Damn Tenryubitos! I hate them! They are the scum of that world!

IN 3 WEEKS THE ARCH OF WANOKUNI BEGINS, GREAT!
Jun 13, 2019 8:38 AM

May 2014
I am amazed how less flashbacks there were in this ep. I was expecting much more flashbacks. But that's a good thing. Poor Kuma being treated like that. Someone need to punch Charlos father. He is even more annoying than his son. We would see an epic fight there, but I suppose we don't want to spoil the fun yet. Oda really trolled me there. For a moment I thought "mother" was still "alive" (true it wasn't her, but looked very like her, hahaha). Interesting to see Jewelry Bonney here again. Long time no see with that girl. Here we all thought it was because Whitebeard/Ace's death she was upset over. Who would thought it may have been over Kuma's "death".
Jun 13, 2019 8:45 AM

May 2014
Tiagura said:
Did they change the voice actor of Jewelry Bonney?! It sounds different to me!

Not according to Mal
Jun 14, 2019 5:00 AM
Jan 2016
Funny how all the flashbacks animation and art looked much better back then, shame on you toei.
Jun 20, 2019 9:17 AM

Mar 2016
This ep is filled with almost full of new content! Finally...

Oof, that takedown is sick! I just love Sabo's haki claws!

Fujitora talking to the 2 kings who got their countries almost completely taken over by a sichibukai is a good sign. Imagine if he ended up supporting the Revolutionary Army, that'll be interesting...

I wonder how Kuma, a king and a former revolutionary get into this situation in the first place. My guess is that he's cornered and forced to surrender becoming Vegapunk's guinea pig, then casted out since Vegapunk has successfully replicated him in form of the other PXs models. I wonder how Kuma and Bonney is related though, besides being from the same Kingdom.

At this point, I've already seen the pv of Wano arc. I heard that they got a new animation director or something which is why it looks better than the average animations/visuals.
7/7/2019 That's when the anime reaches the Wano arc...
ShadowkillZJun 20, 2019 9:21 AM
Jun 20, 2019 9:18 AM

Oct 2018
Sabo showing how badass he can be.~

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Jun 21, 2019 10:33 AM

May 2016
Sabo is what a great example of a real man.

Kuma did so much for Straw hats that's worth risking their life to save him.
Jul 6, 2019 12:06 AM
Jun 2015
Seeing Kuma reduced to a mere slave was sad. Still don't know why he helped the Strawhats in the past. What was his motive?
Aug 2, 2019 4:43 AM

Jul 2013
If rescuing Kuma really is the reason why Sabo and his gang are there, then they sure took their sweet time.
Sep 12, 2019 6:26 AM

Nov 2015
A mystery that kept me going for years… what happened to Kuma, why did he became full cyborg, why is he working for the government while he is in the revolutionary army…. The topic around Kuma has been quiet for years really shocked what happened to him (and shocked that we suddenly saw him i totally didnt expected him in this scene. I couldnt believe it.
Jan 24, 2020 5:22 PM
Jul 2018
Kuma's actions always have been shrouded in mystery. Why did he agree to become a modified weapon for the government? Why did he help the Strawhats on numerous occasions despite being ordered to annihilate them? His past appearances portrayed him as an emotionless soon to be machine, strong, honorable, and merciful. And with how Sabo was speaking highly of him, he was kind and gentle just like his bright smile. To see him treated like that, like trash, sure is disheartening and sad. Hopefully, the Celestial Dragons would get what's coming for them.

And it appears Bonnie has some kind of connection with Kuma? To the point where she was reduced to tears? That's interesting.
Jul 13, 2020 7:43 AM
Dec 2014
I'm tired of those flashbacks,I skipped this one and won't watch any other flashback.Each episode there's only 1 or 2 interesting details which is nothing for a whole episode.They totally ruined the arc.
Only important details on this episode is Kuma being a previous king and Jewelry Bonney infiltration.
Aug 25, 2020 2:41 PM

Jun 2016
Bonney has joined the infiltration as she's always had emotional outbursts when facing the government as seen when she cried during Marineford and that may mean we'll finally get to know her better. Our favorite Don Quixote celestial dragon is continuing to stick his neck out and give our boys power to fight back. It seems Fujitora is making further moves to disband the warlord system. But most interestingly Kuma…

I think Kuma is one of the coolest characters in One Piece. His introduction in Thriller Bark is my favourite moments and curveballs Oda has ever thrown, spontaneously arriving and scaring the hell out of everyone as the true and secret final boss. But his rescue in Sabaody also facilitated one of the best and horrifying scenes in One Piece as well. This is not to say that he is one of the best written characters because we don't know much about him. He is completely mysterious, an agent of action above all else. But nonetheless, it hurts to see the noble Kuma turned into this 'invincible slave' to be rented as a warning.

A childish part of my heart has the hope that he's actually alright. That he and Vegapunk are playing the long con and his personality can be salvaged, or hell, maybe he's playing an act and he's still in there fooling everyone! This goes in line with the trojan horse theory, Vegapunk and Kuma worked together to make an army to overthrow the government when necessary, but alternatively one could imagine that he sacrificed himself truly for his cause.

I wonder if we're going to see psycho Sabo again, we saw him go pretty insane as he tried to crush Bastille's head like an egg. When against oppressors and government dogs, I have the feeling he takes some pleasure in enacting his cruel justice, but we've only seen that once so I look forward to seeing if it comes out again.
Aug 22, 2021 10:28 PM

Sep 2015
Mjosgard does not even have slaves as well? Interesting, and it was weird seeing a scene where Kuma smiled from Sabos flashback memory.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Aug 26, 2021 5:16 AM

Jun 2019
Poor Kuma... I felt so bad for him. :'( I hope he gets rescued soon.
Sep 25, 2021 6:39 AM
May 2012
Nice to see Kuma again but it is just so sad what happened to him. Great 888 episode though.
Jan 24, 2022 1:46 AM

May 2016
It's heartbreaking to see Kuma in such a state. I guess that the only silver lining to this is that he's become emotionless robot which spared him from feeling all the humiliation and pain he's been going through.

If Jewelry's the Queen of the Sorbet Kingdom, does that mean that she's either Kuma's wife or daughter? Bruh.

May 27, 2022 1:11 AM

Dec 2012
I had a sinking feeling when I saw Charles riding the slave that hurt Shirahoshi earlier. To think it foreshadowed only moments later to such a grotesque display of Kuma. After seeing that brief smile from Sabo's memory, I'm definitely interested in learning more about Kuma's past and how he could be seen as both tyrannical and gentle.
Aug 5, 2022 3:39 PM

Jan 2021
The thing is why did Kuma let them do this to him I don’t see the benefit even if they were threatening him in some way he has the whole revolutionary army to back him up he was even a king himself I’m sure there’s a great reason for what he did but ya and we need more of Bonny and her closeup transformations
Aug 20, 2022 4:50 PM

Dec 2018
unbelievably slooooooooow. it's nice to see some of our old friends again but holy cow. lets get on with it. i'm not even sure where we are anymore in time. at least the end was good.
StateofOhayoAug 20, 2022 5:05 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion

phantom346 - Yesterday

7 by ashutosh_thakur »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 345 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Darkreaper70 - Mar 2, 2008

52 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 minutes ago

» Does luffy's future sight only uses for wano and abandon after that?

Jannie7 - Today

7 by Manta130 »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 344 Discussion

Harout - Feb 25, 2008

46 by gannoncannon55 »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 134 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VARIAchan - Dec 20, 2009

55 by Bulbasaura »»
47 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.