Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 8, 2019 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
More koto practicing this episode.

I hope the club can keep their spirits high with the competition they're going to face. Seems Summer time also hits this show's season. Also important for these characters to improve their relationship with each other.

Jun 8, 2019 10:13 AM

Apr 2010
Well looks like Kouta still needs to get the feeling for the rhythm but he seems to understand the basic now.
The question is will he improve enough to perform well at the tournament.

Houzuki seems to be changing with her personality and for the better at that.
Jun 8, 2019 11:28 AM

Apr 2016
Kouta got obliterated in this episode ... but the power of friendship knows no limits! Also i knew it, the teacher isn't green when comes to music.
Jun 8, 2019 11:33 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Now with a clear goal in mind its nice to see the club members show some focus. Though it sure uncovered quite the problems within the club though lol. Its nice to see Hiro actually be so proactive after realising the importance of bonds. The role of VP really suits her. Takezou standing up to the teacher was also nice to see. Being able to pick up how to play a piece after watching it only once was quite impressive of Chika. While proving quite the scare the reunion scene was equally amusing and hearwarming not just for Chika and co but also for Hiro as well. Despite his laid back nature its nice to see the teacher decide to chip in and help Kota with his problem. An excellent ep that did well in showing not just how determined the club is at reaching the nationals by showing their determined efforts to improve but also show the increasing level of unity within the club as they both identify and work to improve the weaknesses that they find within both their personalities and their skills while remaining focused on the goal.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2019 12:32 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

It looks like they cut out Kurusu's uncle completely, I'm a little disappointed by that since he has some nice dialogue with Suzuka and he reflects on Kurusu's current state compared to before. Would've been nice to see but oh well I guess.

More Chika x Satowa is always great. :)
Jun 8, 2019 12:45 PM

Nov 2018
Chikas a great friend
Jun 8, 2019 1:08 PM
Sep 2015
I don't know why but Takinami sensei (club's adviser) and Tetsuki (Chika's best friend outside the club) give me the same aura.
Jun 8, 2019 1:23 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Kurusu is such a cinnamon roll, i'm so glad she has found happiness in this group of people.

I always wanted the focus on Kota, he comes off as the most lovable person in the group to me and seeing how he dealt with the situation was nice. The show really makes it a point to resolve a possible drama almost immediately and make it uplifting and happy.

Takezou finally shows that he can be determined and that possibly impressed the Sensei.

I could go on and on about the shining character moments, they are everywhere.
Jun 8, 2019 2:01 PM

Jul 2015
It's great how everyone supports each other and work together to improve as a group to make up for each others flaws. Also sensei never seemed like a bad person to me at least, he can be harsh but that also seemed that was his way of testing the group's resolve especially Kurata as the club leader.
terminador_2397Jun 8, 2019 2:09 PM
Jun 8, 2019 2:10 PM

May 2016
Chika is so damn cool like always.
Glad Kota and others getting more developments.
Jun 8, 2019 3:23 PM

Oct 2017
I just love how every each episode is full of emotions!
The Young Noble of the Field is currently watching - Diamond no Ace: Act II
Misugi-kun is also reading - Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Jun 8, 2019 4:26 PM

Sep 2011
Another really good, and wholesome episode, I can only hope this will keep up being this good, I love fiction that can make me feel emotion. Kudou and Houzuki continue to have great moments, I loved how he gave her that treat she never had before, and how he asked her to show him how to play that part in the piece. They were so close, and watching the movement of her hands twice was enough for him to master it by himself. He really has a gift.

Then there's Takezou, who isn't "playing around" anymore, and was pretty clear with his advisor, who is turning out to be a better person than what I thought at first, in a nice and gradual way too. It seems that despite what he said, he does have some experience with music, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to help Kouta with his problem with ease like that. And there's Kurusu too, I thought I wouldn't like her at all, but her concern for Kouta was and felt genuine, she is a good girl.

Then finally Kouta. I'm so happy the trio is finally getting more fleshed out, he was pretty much the star this time. I felt so bad watching him struggling like that. He must have been really hurt, thinking that he would lose his place, that they would give up on him. It's terrible to feel like you are slowing others down, and I really thought he ran away home, I don't know him as well as Saneyasu after all. But he didn't. He was just trying to get better so he wouldn't be left behind, and this is admirable, poignant, and beautiful. Can't wait to hear them all in harmony.
Jun 8, 2019 6:12 PM

May 2014
Someone please tell me we get a Takinami sensei backstory soon! I don’t believe the whole “I don’t/have never played an instrument” line lol
Oscar and Andre deserved better
Jun 8, 2019 7:34 PM

May 2013
The power of friendship is strong in this one.
Jun 8, 2019 8:44 PM
Jul 2018
Character's so endearing... but the animation is not making this show best it deserved. Its getting less detail on each new episodes :(
Jun 8, 2019 8:46 PM
Apr 2015
SkyDrop said:
Character's so endearing... but the animation is not making this show best it deserved. Its getting less detail on each new episodes :(

I wish season 2 will be better
Jun 8, 2019 9:22 PM
Nov 2010
AnimeZ0id said:
Someone please tell me we get a Takinami sensei backstory soon! I don’t believe the whole “I don’t/have never played an instrument” line lol

You'll get his backstory eventually - but not soon. They'll probably hint at it more at the end of this season, and you'll find out even more next season. But the anime, even by the end of the second season, won't likely reach the point where his story is truly fleshed out and you fully understand him and his motivations.
Jun 8, 2019 10:00 PM

May 2014
7godeohs said:
AnimeZ0id said:

You'll get his backstory eventually - but not soon. They'll probably hint at it more at the end of this season, and you'll find out even more next season. But the anime, even by the end of the second season, won't likely reach the point where his story is truly fleshed out and you fully understand him and his motivations.

Looks like I’ll be reading the manga lol
Oscar and Andre deserved better
Jun 8, 2019 10:05 PM
Jan 2017
is the teacher some sort of a koto genius ?
Jun 8, 2019 10:42 PM

Mar 2019
Another great episode, love my Sunday's watching this show.
Jun 9, 2019 1:45 AM

Jul 2017
Yay, more Koto training! And preparations for the nationals.

The momentary face of Takezo facing Takinami-sensei is scary for sure. And a training camp is in store!

This time, character development's on the off-tempo Kota Mizuhara. Being a "friend" to Chika and Tetsuki (along with the duo Sane and Mittsu), I understand his ambition to help Chika in his goals when he realize that his playing isn't up to par. He is the type whom HAS to be slow to be able to catch up. And Takinami-sensei FINALLY sees the worth in investing into others.

It's episode 10/13 of 26, but still feels like we're just getting started! Can feel it coming :)
Jun 9, 2019 3:17 AM

Jan 2018
the depth of this episode is damn captivating. It just goes to show how can something little can change the person's mindset into a completely 180. none one will be happy 24/7 like Koto. each one has their ups and downs but they strive to do their best at. what a magnificent episode truly this was
Jun 9, 2019 5:23 AM

Nov 2016
I loved the resolve Kuruta showed while facing Takinami-sensei.

And nice episode, a trainings camp is always a good stage to display interesting character dynamics, drama and to strengthen the bond between the cast.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 9, 2019 6:04 AM

Mar 2017
I got diabetes just watching this episode ❤

Kota is the purest soul ever, so sweet and bright. Most people would have seen how much they failed and give up but it just made Kota wanna try harder and that takes a special kind of person to do that!

I'm glad the adviser is FINALLY doing his job. I get that he wanted to be low key in his role but damn... try giving a few fucks haha
Jun 9, 2019 6:37 AM

May 2015
Ah, these twists that you know are coming and there couldn't be any other way but it's still so heartwarming, everyone was worried he'd quit but he just wanted to try harder. I'm glad it turned out that way, also, nice to see some more details about supporting characters.
Jun 9, 2019 7:01 AM

Aug 2013
More Koto practice in this episode.

Looking likes Kouta needs to practice more.

Jun 9, 2019 2:50 PM

Dec 2012
This really was a great and heartwarming episode!
It's also getting intriguing w/ the sensei~!
Jun 9, 2019 4:19 PM

Feb 2015
phantomfandom said:
I don't know why but Takinami sensei (club's adviser) and Tetsuki (Chika's best friend outside the club) give me the same aura.

I thought exactly the same after watching the last episode! Its like they know many things but don't show it much. And i think both characters deserve more time on screen. I' d love to see their stories in more detail..
Jun 9, 2019 4:35 PM

Nov 2011
The character development in this anime has been so good. Especially Kuruta's. First when he told Sensei to just quit because he wasn't as committed as the club. So good SO GOOD. I was so happy he put Sensei in his place right there.

The second was when he pulled Kurusu back when she went to look for Kouta. My man! So good.

Then the relationship between Kudo and Hozuki just continue to grow. When he gave her that Soda thing...hell yes. Then just them being rivals is so good.

Hozuki not wanting to leave the club either. So good.

We even got Kouta development.

Kurusu has grown on me as well.

This is turning out to be better then I anticipated.

Also the girls in the bath. 10/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 9, 2019 6:29 PM
Mar 2015
Lets all go to camp and work hard Everything will work out ,right
Jun 9, 2019 9:52 PM

Mar 2016
This anime really reminds me of a manga called 'Shounen Note' whenever the teacher shows up.

The fat guy has a weird voice. Why don't people voice fat people normally? I used to be fat, but I am not anymore, and I am sure my voice hasn't changed at all. My sisters used to be quite thin, and now they're both quite fat, yet neither of their voices have changed.
Jun 10, 2019 6:40 AM

Aug 2018
I swear every episode are getting better and better especially in character development.Like i didnt care the other 3 (aside from chika, kurusu, takezou and satowa) in previous eps but as the story progresses im starting to like them also thats how great this anime, also the sensei starting to get involve in the club.

I love every satowa and hiro scenes they are ma most fav girls this season

Cant wait for next ep im always hype every sunday waiting for this anime sadly it only have 3 episodes left gonna miss this great anime for sure : (
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jun 10, 2019 1:27 PM

May 2018
Is it jaz me or Chika and Satowa actually like each other, though, they're more like the more they hate each other the more they like each other.

Look like Kota finds it hard to catch up, so he decide to practice hard...... too bad he has to make a lotta people worry.
Jun 10, 2019 5:23 PM

Oct 2012
This suddenly became one of my favorite anime from this season. It finally got to the heartwarming part I was expecting so much. Honestly, I LOVE Kurusu and Kota! I identify with both of them so much. And my ship Kurusu x Takezo is only getting better and better NGHHHH. Chika x Hozuki is growing on me~ they're obviously going to be together lol Aaaah~ great episode.
Jun 11, 2019 12:56 PM
Feb 2019
Training camp!
This one was centered on Kota, and it was really good, the guy who always shows a happy face but secretly is afraid of making the others go back, it was really satisfying to see one from the trio getting developed, I hope the others get the same treatment; I also loved how through this situation with Kota we saw how united they're now, a beautiful group of friends; some development for Kurusu, Takinami-sensei and Takezo in this episode too, which is always thankfully to see; last but not least, Chika x Satowa moments are priceless, pure gold as ever, their relationship has a subtle but strong development, I'm a fan of this love-hate relation between them.
Jun 12, 2019 6:00 AM
Jan 2019
Ahhh! Kota is a good boy: 'v. I underestimated it, I thought he would go home and leave the club. But no, he goes ahead, struggling and trying to give the best of himself. It is admirable 😁.
The atmosphere among the members of the Koto Club has improved a lot, now everyone is supported and complemented in difficult times. They encourage each other, I love that ❤.

"I will try harder, please do not give up on me, I want to be with you" -Kota-
"It's not about giving up or not, I do not want you to be by our side" -Kudo- ... That's what I call true friendship.

I was surprised to see the Koto Club counselor advise Kota. Maybe it's not as hard as I grew up ... or maybe you're afraid of losing your job as an xD counselor. Takezo did it well 😁👌.

"Once the sound and rhythm are in your body, they are yours."
Jun 12, 2019 6:17 AM
Mar 2012
Takezou the man, his sometimes savage remarks this time sets the reluctant advisor on the right track. His courage & pres-level are just amazing. Advisor finally did an insightful 'upbeat' training with Kouta.
Less but both ships had a few moments, with the nice painterly stills.
Kurusu eagerly teaching Kouta was a nice relationship build up. This show's quite able to take their side characters & realistically have Kouta develop thru this panic misunderstanding, all while showing how strong everyone's friendship become.
Oh yes ponytails.
Jun 13, 2019 3:36 AM
Jul 2018
Chika and Satowa.

Male - female rivalry is such a refreshing thing to see.
It's usually between two males or two females.
This is quite nice for a change.
Jun 13, 2019 10:34 PM

Oct 2008
so this time a new pair has formed? we now ship Kurusu x Kouta???
4/5.

Jun 14, 2019 12:40 AM

Jul 2009
This is my first post in 9 years..lol

Well i only can say Hozuki with her tied hair is cute
Jun 15, 2019 10:33 PM

Dec 2014
I really like focus on characters in this series...I wish people were this hones in real life
Jun 30, 2019 12:17 AM

Jul 2016
Takezou giving no shit about the club advisor being a lazy ass was just nice and satisfying at the same time. I like that his conviction from the previous episode is still as strong as ever.

Good episode overall but it felt bit overdramatic with how they made Kouta looks like he was actually running away when he was just looking for a quiet place to practice alone.

That aside, I liked how the situation was solved and so far, I'm really enjoying this sense of unity the group is developing.
Jul 5, 2019 11:16 AM
Apr 2016
Training camp! That's classic for sports anime. A lot of drama this episode, revolving around a pretty forgettable character. Boring episode.
Aug 19, 2019 9:30 AM

Dec 2016
I'm glad Kouta got the help he needed, can't be letting one of our boys get too far behind the rest!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 18, 2019 11:01 PM

Mar 2018
Yup now Kota's trouble was resolved too.
Good to see those 3 getting more spotlight tho
Especially Kota doesn't feel like some fill-in-character now

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 16, 2019 5:57 PM

Apr 2012
Yo Kouta and Sarusu, let's go.
Oct 28, 2019 7:59 AM

Apr 2018
Hiro crying is lowkey adorable lmao. Good thing that they are supportive for Kota which is nice
Dec 29, 2019 7:13 PM

Aug 2017
Chika biceps ❤️❤️❤️

I didn't care about Kouta drama so its ok, I guess.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 6, 2020 9:12 AM

Jul 2015
Until now the three stooges from the club were more like support characters so it is nice to see more of them and know that even they have struggles like Kota this episode not being as quick as his fellow peers on learning the koto.

May 16, 2020 6:29 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So kota suffers of a lack of self-confidence... great conclusion for this episode, I went from hating Hiro to loving her, she is just so cute
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2019

126 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 9, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2019

59 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 9, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2019

47 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 9, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2019

54 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 3, 2:34 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2019

64 by Alex_TheForest »»
Feb 24, 3:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.