Forum Settings
Forums

When do you think the isekai genre will die out/end

New
Jun 7, 2019 11:23 AM
May 2019
When do you think isekai will be dead, When will they stop producing isekai anime.
Next season we have four ISEKAI!
Four isekai is a waste of animation, and a waste of time... well.. even one isekai is a waste of time.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 7, 2019 11:27 AM

Oct 2014
Hopefully, never. I wouldn't dare stifle on creativity by hoping for the doom of a part of it that i don't like.

I don't believe in the Devil.
You should. He believes in you.
Jun 7, 2019 11:29 AM

May 2013
Man, you are really bored aren't you?
Truly a Divine Comedy
Jun 7, 2019 11:31 AM

Mar 2015
Never, the possibilities of Isekai anime are basically endless. Add to that their popularity and you're looking at a very long living genre.
Jun 7, 2019 11:32 AM
May 2019
KreatorX said:

Yes, yes I am.
I’ve seen a lot of isekai and most of the time there the same.
The only isekai anime that I like is shield hero, and konosuba. Maybe slime as well
Jun 7, 2019 11:34 AM

May 2013
Imreallybored1 said:
KreatorX said:

Yes, yes I am.
The only isekai anime that I like is shield hero, and konosuba. Maybe slime as well

You should perhaps experiment with your tastes more instead of watching a lot of isekai anime :P
Truly a Divine Comedy
Jun 7, 2019 11:34 AM
Apr 2018
well i dont think it wil ever end........literally yesterday i heard that either funimation or crunchyroll will start releasing 1 isekai anime per anime season....and that's only one licensor/producer company in japan.....so we have to expect a lot more to be coming.......personally i enjoy isekai genre alot i love that shit and i have so much fun watching it.....alot of isekai content bring money...in hundreds of thousands/millions of yens so it's never going to end
Jun 7, 2019 11:37 AM

Jul 2016
When it stops being profitable. Which I really can't see any time soon.
Jun 7, 2019 11:38 AM

Oct 2018
It appeals to an audience too large for it to ever die out.~

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Jun 7, 2019 11:39 AM

Oct 2014
Imreallybored1 said:
KreatorX said:

Yes, yes I am.
It's the same with every genre, most will feel homogeneous, your particular gripe with Isekai is unfounded when you think about this and understand that, relative to other genres, the real birth of the Isekai genre is still new to the medium. Other genres have had many more decades across various mediums to make standouts you can pick up at any time you want since they've been complete for decades.

Jun 7, 2019 11:46 AM

Mar 2018
I was amazed by how much shitty isekai anime get made too, even just this year there are so many. I don't mind as long as I get to at least enjoy one, unfortunately Shield Hero, the most hyped one, looked like it had potential but after 5 episodes it became clear it wasn't going to try anything other than being complete garbage. I think something like Gate could work if it doesn't go full harem fanservice mode and disregards everything that made it interesting to normal functional human beings
poop
Jun 7, 2019 11:47 AM

Apr 2017
Imreallybored1 said:

Four isekai is a waste of animation, and a waste of time... well.. even one isekai is a waste of time.

Congratulations, you have just lost the right of liberty of expression! /s

still no fam, just no. Don't you even dare saying that a work is just a waste of animation and time, just don't.
Jun 7, 2019 11:48 AM

Oct 2017
It won't die out just like real robot anime haven't died out despite being incredibly important in the industry back in the day. Lose relevance probably eventually as for when who knows? The reason they get made is the market demands them. People complain about why certain anime gets made only ignoring the fact the anime/manga/LN industry is just feeding what the audience wants. So that audience has to get tired of them which will probably happen eventually but who knows when? I thought Superhero movies would have overstayed their welcome in Western film but they seem to be doing more popular than ever (got to see what will happen after End Game). Also many isekai can be good Saga of Tanya the Evil for instance.
BilboBaggins365Jun 7, 2019 11:51 AM
Jun 7, 2019 11:48 AM
Jul 2018
Imreallybored1 said:
KreatorX said:

Yes, yes I am.

You have no game no life in your favourites as well as asuna.

People like you who pretend they don't like isekai yet contintue to watch them is part of the reason it will never end.
Jun 7, 2019 11:53 AM

Apr 2017
As long as they make money there will be more Isekai. When audience get bored to death, they will start to produce less of them. And I think that's how it should be too. Just because I don't like it (in general, there are some good ones), I won't wish to break it for those who like them. And there is of course still some probability of those good ones, for which I can bear with the bad ones too.

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
May 2019
I do experiment with my taste, what makes you think I don’t

Jun 2017
When a new generation that don't care about them comes AKA never
Jun 7, 2019 11:56 AM
May 2019
Jese23 said:
Imreallybored1 said:

Yes, yes I am.

People like you who pretend they don't like isekai yet contintue to watch them is part of the reason it will never end.

Sao is not an isekai, there in the same fucking world, you dumb shit 🤣.
Forgot to mention no game no life.
Jun 7, 2019 11:59 AM

Oct 2014
Imreallybored1 said:
Jese23 said:

Sao is not an isekai, there in the same fucking world, you dumb shit 🤣.
Forgot to mention no game no life.
Isekai literally means "different world", the virtual world is included in that.

Jun 7, 2019 12:02 PM
May 2019
That’s like saying if I use PlayStation vr, I’m transporting myself into a different world.
Bro, your actually cancer
Jun 7, 2019 12:03 PM

Mar 2018
Imreallybored1 said:
That’s like saying if I use PlayStation vr, I’m transporting myself into a different world.

Do you get stuck in your fucking playstation vr? That's hilarious how retarded are you
poop
Jun 7, 2019 12:04 PM

May 2017
Don't worry it will never die, it can became less popular but it will always be amongst more popular categories
Jun 7, 2019 12:05 PM
May 2019
They only get stuck in the game for a quarter of the anime.
The rest there not stuck in the game
Jun 7, 2019 12:06 PM

Oct 2014
Imreallybored1 said:
If it was under the same circumstances and technology as the first arc in SAO, it would be, considering the virtual world becomes the new real one. Log Horizon is also just as much an Isekai as anything else.

Jun 7, 2019 12:07 PM
May 2019
Even if you are stuck in a game. It’s not another world. Your still on your bed with a virtual headset on.
Jun 7, 2019 12:08 PM

Oct 2014
Imreallybored1 said:
Even if you are stuck in a game. It’s not another world. Your still on your bed with a virtual headset on.
It really isn't up to you, or does it matter what you choose to believe, but the virtual world is included as another world.

Jun 7, 2019 12:10 PM
May 2019
Lunilah said:
Imreallybored1 said:
It really isn't up to you, or does it matter what you choose to believe, but the virtual world is included as another world.

Your still in the same world. You just have a screen in front of your face
Jun 7, 2019 12:10 PM
Oct 2018
isekai genre have to trait to descend easily by time , its better when there are limited episodes with whatever content,plot, way of designing twist and turns fights they have because in the end matter is.. how interesting story was!..
and end of genre is not justice,they just need better writing instead of imitating lol
Jun 7, 2019 12:31 PM

Jul 2017
never
most isekai have identical plots and characters whatsoever but there are ones that i enjoy
Jun 7, 2019 12:32 PM

May 2009
Imreallybored1 said:
When do you think isekai will be dead, When will they stop producing isekai anime.
Next season we have four ISEKAI!
Why will the existence of four isekai shows affect everything else for you?

If you don't like them, don't watch them.

If you hate the entire season for some unreasonable whatever, then watch some of the fifty million other shows in existence. Or get a more entertaining hobby.

Simple.

KreatorX said:
OP sure is.

Imreallybored1 said:
KreatorX said:

Yes, yes I am.
If you call them the same then you clearly haven't noticed the differences. Also the genre probably just isn't your thing so why do you keep watching it? You're just torturing yourself then blaming it on something external, if that's what you're doing.

Honestly your complaint makes more sense if you've actually watched like thousands of series but you've only watched 124 series, according to your profile. There are literally thousands of other series to choose from, so you can quite safely ignore what you don't like and find something better. Don't slavishly stick to whatever's airing.
GlennMagusHarveyJun 7, 2019 12:35 PM
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Jun 7, 2019 12:43 PM

Jul 2015
Imreallybored1 said:
Lunilah said:

Your still in the same world. You just have a screen in front of your face

I want to deny that SAO is an isekai but it is
i am the ultimate one piece fanboy
Jun 7, 2019 12:44 PM

Dec 2016
You legit have 3 isekai in your favorites... Lol.. Isekai genre prob won't end anytime soon at least, there is still a lot more isekai lns to adapt, and more will be created in the mean time
Jun 7, 2019 12:46 PM

Oct 2014
Chtholly39 said:
You legit have 3 isekai in your favorites... Lol.. Isekai genre prob won't end anytime soon at least, there is still a lot more isekai lns to adapt, and more will be created in the mean time
It's more accurate to say that the prevailing genre of choice for him, going by his favorites, is in fact Isekai.

Jun 7, 2019 12:46 PM

Jan 2013
Imreallybored1 said:
KreatorX said:

Yes, yes I am.
>i've seen a lot of isekai
Name me at least 5 that weren't made in the 2000s.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jun 7, 2019 12:49 PM

Sep 2014
Why would it die out? It's been in anime since AT LEAST 80s and in fiction/fantasy for CENTURIES. It being a big trend in anime right now is probably only temporary, but the very idea will not just disappear.

And what's your problem with isekai anyway? considering you have 3 modern ones in your favourites, one is even currently airing, I can't understand why would you be frustrated with it
Jun 7, 2019 1:06 PM

Jul 2017
Don't worry it won't die, we will forever be blessed :)

Jun 7, 2019 1:07 PM

Jan 2013
IPSIA said:
Cabron said:
>i've seen a lot of isekai
Name me at least 5 that weren't made in the 2000s.
Yeah, the op is gonna probably google e'm for sure.
Haha true.
But it doesn't really matter, I'll be able to tell.

Jun 7, 2019 1:09 PM

Oct 2017
when all of generation z is deceased
Jun 7, 2019 1:15 PM
Jul 2018
Chtholly39 said:

As well as Rimuru and Asuna in his favourite characters
Jun 7, 2019 1:17 PM

Oct 2017
Probably when the general viewership of anime is not from 10~16 as majority anymore,
Jun 7, 2019 1:18 PM
May 2019
Jese23 said:
Chtholly39 said:

Bro, I said I like them isekai, I never said all isekai suck.
And just because I like them characters doesn’t necessarily mean I like the anime.
Jun 7, 2019 1:19 PM

Oct 2017
Orryx said:
Never, the possibilities of Isekai anime are basically endless. Add to that their popularity and you're looking at a very long living genre.

I find it ironic.
Endless possibility, yet 95% of unimaginative/ copy paste medieval RPG isekai setting.
Are those authors REALLY that unimaginative?

I find isekai genre something of many untalented/ unimaginative authors use it as a shortcut/ cheat to get famous without being deserving enough.
Ventus_SJun 7, 2019 1:23 PM
Jun 7, 2019 1:23 PM

Dec 2012
Basic high school economics and supply and demand says the supply stops only when the Japanese stop buying all the manga, light novels, and anime from that sub-genre and there is no demand for it.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jun 7, 2019 1:24 PM

Oct 2014
Imreallybored1 said:
The former is true, but the latter...

Imreallybored1 said:

Jun 7, 2019 1:26 PM

Jan 2013
Imreallybored1 said:
Jese23 said:

And just because I like them characters doesn’t necessarily mean I like the anime.
Bro, that's not what you originally meant.

Jun 7, 2019 1:30 PM

Mar 2017
I don't think the isekai genre will ever die out. Personally if you aren't into a certain type of series, you don't have to watch them as no one should force you into doing so.
Jun 7, 2019 1:53 PM
Aug 2018
Just don’t watch any isekai anime it’s not like your forced to
Jun 7, 2019 1:58 PM
May 2019
I never said I was forced to.
What makes you think I was forced to
Jun 7, 2019 2:30 PM

May 2009
Imreallybored1 said:
I never said I was forced to.
What makes you think I was forced to
If you didn't force yourself to watch shows you don't like, then why would the existence of shows that you don't watch, bother you?
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Jun 7, 2019 5:52 PM

Jun 2019
Nah they won't and I believe they will gradually improve.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» something you dislike about your favorite character

Kenzolo-folk - Apr 22

28 by Gator »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - Apr 22

32 by Ratris_Decision »»
3 minutes ago

» Why are most current goblins green?

Absurdo_N - 10 hours ago

18 by Gator »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » What position do you watch anime in?

Spunkert - Apr 23

21 by Rakish97 »»
6 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst ( 1 2 )

EastIndiaCompany - Apr 23

62 by Gator »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.