Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bungo Stray Dogs
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 7, 2019 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, this is quite a thrilling episode with the two sides hoping to save their own boss.

Action also looked sharp. However, I think what made the episode stand out is how far both sides are willing to go with their goals. Oh and it's cool to see Lucy back too especially from that other world. Neat to also see Kyouka fighting again with her own rival.

Jun 7, 2019 6:56 AM

Nov 2007
The group left one member to face the enemies while driving their boss away. It was illusion.

Finding out a criminal in poor area, w. kids? Even girl w. grenades on her neck. Hosoya-san's character facing her and the enemy from the OVA w. Ishida-san's character (Showing scenes from OVA)? She's been controllded by that enemy. He failed to save her this time.

The criminal hearing different thing, huh. Another report of a Russian guy w. ability, which is another dummy.

Using his sister to be a spy. That guy who was caught by the enemy against three members, then had a chance to run away. Then facing that lady w. the same ability w. the girl except the soul is red. That girl w. the soul in blue to the rescue. They were saved because the lady still cares about the girl.

Hanazawa-san's character is tending the boss in her space. The boss not wishing them to fight the enemy (probably means to fight the real enemy: Ishida-san's character?).
tsubasaloverJun 7, 2019 8:01 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 7, 2019 8:00 AM

Apr 2016
And this is why you never anger a siscon.
Jun 7, 2019 8:35 AM

Jul 2017
No words for this episode, it was just simply fantastic. The party is just getting started! Can't wait to see how this clash between the Association and Port Mafia will develop, most of the side characters will be getting a spotlight in the next episodes i believe, and Fyodor is still as mysterious as ever!
Jun 7, 2019 8:46 AM

Oct 2018
I would've loved some more fighting, but a good episode none the less.
【🇳​🇪​🇼​ 🇵​🇷​🇴​🇫​🇮​🇱​🇪​ 🇩​🇪​🇸​🇮​🇬​🇳​】

I accept all friend requests! - Feel free to add me!

Jun 7, 2019 9:36 AM

Jul 2014
I liked how they were basically outsmarting each other step by step.
Gotta say the cliffhanger they left on the prev ep didn't really pay-off, I had a feeling those were illusions as they had Ranpo think of a way out of a situation where people will die so I was expecting something of equal level in terms of what they left us with, not disappointing but I wanted more.
Jun 7, 2019 9:37 AM

Nov 2016
Damn, so much stuff is going, there's almost no time to catch your breath.

Really loving it how this season has shaped up.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 7, 2019 9:58 AM

Jul 2013
Tanizaki almost got killed, but gotta admit this is the most badass he has got in the series so far. Thank God Kyouka was nearby.
Also RIP suicidal little girl. Your death is probably the darkest thing the show has shown so far (not counting Atsushi's experiences in the orphanage).
Jun 7, 2019 10:17 AM

Feb 2016
Fyodor wants to see the world burn it seems. Damn, this episode maintained me at the edge of my seat. RIP that little girl, that hit me real hard ;_;
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jun 7, 2019 10:22 AM

Apr 2019
Very good episode I really liked the mind games between the groups and the spotlight side characters got.
Jun 7, 2019 10:29 AM
Apr 2019
Daaaaaamn , Fyodor is this season's favorite antagonist in my opinion, like he has this vibe of old classic anime villains who just want to turn the world upside down , i know there is more to it , but damn ma guy playing Cello while peole die !!
I loved the confrontation between tanizaki and The Black Lizard , don't mess with naomi !
Jun 7, 2019 10:30 AM

Jan 2013
What a nice necklace that one kid had.
Jun 7, 2019 10:54 AM

Mar 2017
BEST. EPISODE. SO. FAR! That was so epic! Tanizaki was so damn cool this ep and Kyouka too, playing the hero!

Honestly, i have no idea how the Armed Detective Agency is gonna win this though; they're literally trying to outsmart an evil version of Dazai WITHOUT Dazai whilst also trying not to get killed by The Port Mafia!
I'm impressed with Fyodor though; he managed to destroy the little bit of good will between the Armed Detective Agency and Port Mafia in a matter of hours... that takes mad skill.
Jun 7, 2019 11:22 AM

Apr 2016
Damn, what a heavy episode that was. So, Fyodor managed to outsmart Mori and Ranpo, who are two of the smartest characters in the series, make the Port Mafia and Agency fight each other and put Dazai in a hospital. At this point he has pretty much has solidified himself as a genuine threat to both groups and one that shouldn't be taken lightly. Of course, that's pretty much to be expected from the best villain in the series, and one of the best villains to come out of anime and manga in the past 5 years or so, if not more.

Seems like Fyodor has taken and interest in Kunikida and now wants to psychologically torture him. I must say though, I really feel sorry for Kunikida. His ideals have always been mocked by people like Dazai, Katsura and now Fyodor, he has lost a lot of people in his life, and despite everything he always keeps pushing forward.

I think what makes this situation worse for him is that he was once a teacher/private tutor, which was mentioned in S1, and now he went from teaching children to shooting them and being forced to watch them commit suicide for some maniac.

Tanizaki can be quite scary when he wants to be, but he is still no match for Kyouo, but that's no surprise, since she is one of the five executives of the Port Mafia. Thankfully Kouyka saved him before he got killed.

I must also mention that I really loved the part where Atsushi catches a bullet with his mouth, even though I think it looked more badass in the manga.

And that final scene between Katsura and Fyodor just sent chills down my spine, especially with Fyodor having that twisted smile on his face.
Jun 7, 2019 11:56 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm using illusions to lure the PM to commit their full strength while the boss was spirited away huh smart thinking. Still to think that the main villain's guards were just kids. The kids sure made for some unnerving encounters though. If anything the enemy really has all the cards here while the team are still trying hard to catch up. Still despite that the escape from imprisonment sure sure was impressive making great use of the illusion power. Tanizaki sure had a pretty narrow escape there though. Kyouka's arrival was timely. An excellent ep that while showing both the PM and the agency try hard to beat each other also served to show just how far ahead their main enemy is in his plans. Really curious to see how this goes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 7, 2019 12:04 PM

Jul 2015
This episode was good but I wanna watch more Dazai's action scenes. He is one of the most interesting characters in BSD and also it is true that his ability is overpowered but he is so passive. It would be good seeing him in some fighting scenes. At least I think in that way.
Jun 7, 2019 12:20 PM

Sep 2017
What a thrilling episode. This came out of completely nowhere. My heart was racing the entire episode. Fyodor is so fucking smart he's even matching the wits of Rampo, which is insanely impressive. Him manipulating children to sacrifice themselves like that is beyond messed up. Tanizaki probably could have pulled off that assassination if he had been less careless, honestly. Unfortunate. The boss, even when faced with death, continues to act as selflessly as possible. Will Dazai return next episode? I hope so. The Agency could really use his expertise.
Jun 7, 2019 12:38 PM
Jul 2016
I can't believe this time Tanizaki had to went through the "Bones' special fish-eye look", totally wasn't expecting him
Jun 7, 2019 1:21 PM

Feb 2018
That was INTENSE , Armed Detective Agency is going through hell right now .
Btw Can someone help me out here https://myanimelist.net/character/153767/Shousaku_Katsura i can't remember whether he's gifted or not .
7soJun 7, 2019 1:24 PM
Jun 7, 2019 3:11 PM
Feb 2019
Good episode, it's incredible to see how Fyodor is like one light-year ahead of both the Agency and the Port Mafia, no matter how hard they try to change the things, he forces them to fight each other in his machiavellian plan, and it's good to watch it: this mind game with Rampo and his predictions was pretty cool, the moment in which Kunikida is proved with the suicidal girl was intense, Tanizaki in rage mode vs. some of the heads of the Port Mafia was pretty good, although that Doppo Ginkaku is a plot convenience and I didn't like it at all, good to see Lucy again besides the president and his unbreakable will. This episode was intense but I expected more, although it seems that's what's coming in the next episode.
Jun 7, 2019 3:33 PM

Apr 2015
mess like usual.

- how did Kunikida survive??
- Black Lizard proving again they are completely useless
- what was the meaning of Ranpo sending Tanizaki on assassination mission? just to try? sounds like an act of desperation.
- yes it was proved that Port Mafia does kinda care about what happens to Yokohama but the whole narrative of "a criminal organization is crucial to ensure the peace of this city!" is a bit lol.

positives:

- Tanizaki and his ability finally being used
- Fyodor
OberonFelsachJun 7, 2019 3:41 PM
Jun 7, 2019 4:57 PM
Apr 2019
wank said:
hard to take tanizaki serious when he's usually portrayed like such a weak siscon. the whole "turning hotheaded when it involves his sister" thing is so cringe

also lmao really..? abilities work in different locations from where the ability owner is? bsd comes thru with another verryyy convenient plot device

nonetheless, this arc and fyodor is shaping up to be very interesting. i hope real shit goes down but i know bsd loves to build hype only for it to fall flat the next episode so i won't get my hopes up

Oh you're wrong , get your hopes highhhh !
Jun 7, 2019 5:37 PM

Oct 2015
Both sides really cherish their bosses, surprisingly! To even kill for them is amazing.

Rampo is getting outdone in this situation, it shows how powerful Fyodor is. I'm wondering where Dazai is at in this situation?

That Kunikida underground incident was really cringe worthy, Damn! Stakes are really high.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 7, 2019 7:00 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Felt really bad for those kids. :(

Tanizaki was badass this episode.
Fyodor seems to be a real crafty one given that he has Ranpo on the ropes.
Jun 7, 2019 9:18 PM

Dec 2014
ok wow the fights and tension is getting more and more tensed
Jun 7, 2019 10:40 PM

Nov 2016
Wow the music was so beautiful this episode!!
"Before I slit your throat, I'll give you a kiss," Nezumi said softly. "You'll find out exactly how much better I am at giving farewell kisses."
Jun 8, 2019 2:57 AM

Apr 2018
Felt bad about the kid who suicide bombed.. Tanzaki is a bad ass
Isn't there 10 episodes already?
shimraiJun 8, 2019 3:04 AM
Jun 8, 2019 3:31 AM
Mar 2017
Ranpo is smart but fyodor is trickey even if ranpo know everything,it's useless if they can't do it
Jun 8, 2019 4:17 AM

Dec 2016
This season is honestly better than the first and second
Jun 8, 2019 5:04 AM

Jul 2014
Dostoyevsky is proving to be a more and more impressive villain as this progresses; his depth of knowledge about the Agency and the Mafia, how they operate and the abilities they have, is alarmingly impressive, and his counter-strategies against their counter-strategies seem almost impenetrable at this point (especially without Dazai). Even outside of that, the battle of wits between the Agency and the Mafia is proving extremely interesting, and I'm curious to see what happens now that the President has ordered them to stop the fighting and maintain stability.

Also, he doesn't get much limelight compared to other characters, but when he does it becomes clear that Tanizaki is one of the most powerful Gifted in the entire series.
Jun 8, 2019 6:10 AM
Jun 2017
love this episode, as strategies has been put on how they can save their respective bosses. lets see what will happen in part 2...
Jun 8, 2019 6:22 AM

Jun 2016
CondemneDio said:
What a nice necklace that one kid had.

yeah ..
pretty good to give to someone as present LOL
Jun 8, 2019 6:35 AM
May 2018
Kouyou is the best mum
The bit where she tells those guys in suits not shoot because it would hit kyouka is the most heartwarming thing
Fight me
Jun 8, 2019 8:03 AM
Mar 2015
Poor little girl Fydor really is a bastard
Jun 8, 2019 9:52 AM

Sep 2011
OberonFelsach said:
mess like usual.

- what was the meaning of Ranpo sending Tanizaki on assassination mission? just to try? sounds like an act of desperation.
- yes it was proved that Port Mafia does kinda care about what happens to Yokohama but the whole narrative of "a criminal organization is crucial to ensure the peace of this city!" is a bit lol.

positives:

- Fyodor

I think it's less that the Port Mafia itself is essential and more that it's essential to not let the current boss die or else it'll go back to being an even worse organization
Jun 8, 2019 10:25 AM

Apr 2016
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
OberonFelsach said:
mess like usual.

positives:

- Fyodor

I think it's less that the Port Mafia itself is essential and more that it's essential to not let the current boss die or else it'll go back to being an even worse organization

Indeed. Kyouo even said it, if Mori were to die, the Mafia would regress back to its violent and bloodthirsty ways again. And keep in mind that under the previous boss the entire city was nearly destroyed, so Mori had to kill him and take over in order to keep both the organization and city stable.

Not to mention that the Port Mafia is one of the biggest groups in the city and with the most ability users. If it weren't for them, the Guild would have burned down Yokohama. So they are pretty important.
Jun 8, 2019 11:53 AM

Jun 2016
I understand why they don't draw the faces as of a specific distance in anime but It got extremely apparent in this episode, that the distance seems to be really low in this series/season (noticed It in the last few episodes) -> The character is very big on the screen and looks like a mannequin with a blank face.
This is the first time I can't overlook It. Doesn't mean It's a bad episode/series though.
Do you guys notice that too?
NexosanJun 8, 2019 12:01 PM
Jun 8, 2019 12:14 PM
Apr 2019
Nexosan said:
I understand why they don't draw the faces as of a specific distance in anime but It got extremely apparent in this episode, that the distance seems to be really low in this series/season (noticed It in the last few episodes) -> The character is very big on the screen and looks like a mannequin with a blank face.
This is the first time I can't overlook It. Doesn't mean It's a bad episode/series though.
Do you guys notice that too?

The quality is still here, it doesn't bother me tbh ; the chara-design is top tier
Jun 8, 2019 12:16 PM

Nov 2018
Amazing episode
but will they be able to wrap this arc in 3 episode though?
Jun 8, 2019 12:37 PM

Apr 2015
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
OberonFelsach said:
mess like usual.

positives:

- Fyodor

okay that's reasonable. but who would become the boss if Mori died? Chuuya, Kouyou? it doesn't sound that bad to me
Jun 8, 2019 12:54 PM
Apr 2019
eb2 said:
Amazing episode
but will they be able to wrap this arc in 3 episode though?

This arc is till going on in the manga , we need S4
Jun 8, 2019 2:00 PM

Sep 2015
This episode is so good. Fyodor is trying to break Kunkida by having a girl strapped in a bomb around its neck.
Anime/MangaFan Mahwa fan
Jun 8, 2019 7:49 PM
Jul 2018
very messy episode and going way too fast dont feel anything here and there. Still nice to see they recall the special episode's event which I liked it.
Jun 8, 2019 10:04 PM

Sep 2011
OberonFelsach said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

okay that's reasonable. but who would become the boss if Mori died? Chuuya, Kouyou? it doesn't sound that bad to me

Theory time: It's not that the person leading the mafia would be bad themselves but more likely that they wouldn't be able to hold the Port Mafia together and it would splinter into factions who would inevitably come into conflict.
Jun 9, 2019 3:07 AM
May 2019
Illyricus said:
Tanizaki almost got killed, but gotta admit this is the most badass he has got in the series so far. Thank God Kyouka was nearby.
Also RIP suicidal little girl. Your death is probably the darkest thing the show has shown so far (not counting Atsushi's experiences in the orphanage).

Absolutely! I've always thought Tanizaki was just... 'eh' at best. I thought his illusion ability was cool and all, but I was never really wow-ed by him in any way. But he was amazing in this episode and I gotta give him mad props for proving me wrong. Kyouka's always amazing. And, yeah, felt really upset by the little girl's suicide and how even her brother kept calling the most evil person in the show "the kind Russian man".
Jun 9, 2019 4:06 AM

Feb 2019
Tanizaki owned this episode
Jun 10, 2019 3:44 AM

Jun 2013
Damn, even though Tanizaki acts like his sister creeps him out with her incestuous amor for him, he still loves her. In the second episode, looked like she was giving him head underneath the dining table, he sure lost it when they threatened to harm his sister.

Ozaki is definitely obsessed with Kyoka.
臭い-
Jun 10, 2019 4:40 AM
Apr 2019
Bibimbapski said:
Damn, even though Tanizaki acts like his sister creeps him out with her incestuous amor for him, he still loves her. In the second episode, looked like she was giving him head underneath the dining table, he sure lost it when they threatened to harm his sister.

Ozaki's overprotective , the real authors , Ozaki and Kyouka are male and Kyouka was Ozaki's secretary.
Jun 10, 2019 11:52 AM

Oct 2017
I'm impressed with Tanizaki's ability since he doesn't usually get to show it off to this degree. Some nice action this episode but overall each side ended up right where they originally started.
Jun 10, 2019 2:13 PM

Jun 2013
FyodorYukichi4 said:
Bibimbapski said:

Ozaki's overprotective , the real authors , Ozaki and Kyouka are male and Kyouka was Ozaki's secretary.

Yep, I remember reading that before. I think even Kyouka's character is based on a male author too but is female in the series.
臭い-
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2019

149 by Virtecek »»
Apr 7, 2:19 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2019

98 by Virtecek »»
Apr 7, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 3rd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2019

72 by Virtecek »»
Apr 7, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2019

84 by Virtecek »»
Apr 7, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 3rd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2019

84 by Virtecek »»
Apr 5, 5:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.