Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Jul 3, 11:08 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 105
the last episode has good animations but the others were average and i hate new saitama's face :/

Also look at all the websites saying the animation is not good. It s not just some hater who say that the animation is not really good in the second season.

Now i know why the animation gets worse year after year in the anime industry, it seems that the people watching just can t tell the difference X)
Modified by Franck_Nicolas, Jul 3, 11:16 AM
 
Jul 3, 11:29 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 224
Really? As I didn’t but wondering for season 3 🤔
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3
 
Jul 20, 3:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 74
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
young_kappa said:
madhouse overworks their employees to the point of collapsing from exhaustion and attempting suicide, do not support them

So was J.C Staff, but for some reason people keep praising J.C even though it's as bad as Madhouse.
just dont support the industry in general nigga.
i hate forums
 
Aug 8, 3:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 1549
Joey_Vandenburgh said:
A lot of the people hating on season 2 are the same mindless action junkies that thought Attack on Titan got boring after season 1.


Haha. Seems like it.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
 
Aug 13, 3:27 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 17
Just finished it.
Those who put lower than 5 is a dumbasses who just want to hate.
Animation isn't bad ... it's just isn't great or awesome ... it just simple good/fine.
Humor made me laugh a bit, but it felt that it was missing a bit.

Main story doesn't go anywhere, but hey, we see two powerful bad guys tho.
Yeah, Saitama isn't in action that much and all the time, but we see others, although we don't no big interesing backstories of them :<

so mostly this felt like a filler season for something bigger in 3rd season, if there will be one ;d

So yeah. For me it was good.
If you want to hate then it's average. But it's not lower than 5.
They all just on hate train. Or a lof of them just compare this too much with the first season.
 
Aug 14, 7:34 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 3
Okay, let's says the animation wasn't really bad but the sound effects, THE SOUND EFFECTS! Im really tired of it it's always the same. It needs improvement.
 
Aug 14, 7:37 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 3
Animation: 8/10
Storyline & Character Developments: 10/10
Sound Effects: 1/10
 
Aug 14, 8:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 835
People are still trying to pretend OPM2 as a masterpiece and claiming everyone who hate it (Even if it was reasonable) are fucking retarded?



Please..... just stop this already and move on......
Modified by MahiaErebeaNegi, Aug 14, 9:05 AM
 
Aug 14, 12:26 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 1695
Honestly I wonder why Mad House never got to do Season 2 instead.

Feels like some money or production problem are involved.
 
Aug 16, 7:27 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 437
It wasn't anything spectacular. Was it good? No. Was it bad? I'm on the fence. Does it compare to the first season? Absolutely not. Anything that could've been good bit the dust.

When compared in light to the first season, this season is forgettable. Also I thought the story would interest me, but I lost interest by episode 5.
 
Aug 17, 9:41 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 95
It had been long since I watched OPM season 1 so I didnt notice this "huge" drop in animation but it looked better then 75% of animes either way. Imo there was too much filler in season 2 and too much focus on side characters. Hell, Saitama basically did nothing in the entire season bar 2 major fights.

Also this show needs way more Fubuki and her Sister screentime, fubuki basically dissapeared and tornado chick barely made a few appearances.
 
Aug 17, 10:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 8990
People weren’t watching One Punch Man for its content. They were watching it for the copious amount of sakuga it had. This season merely exposed those people.

From the start I’ve said OPM’s actual content is mediocre. It’s decently fun, but nothing special. But where I’ve remained on the middle ground, all of the shallow fans who “loved” the first season now “hate” it because they never cared about OPM in the first place.

Honestly, even these people’s acclaim of the first season’s extensive sakuga and criticism of this season’s comparative lack of sakuga is pretty shallow. Anyone who’s an actual sakuga enthusiast and/or is really into anime as a medium (rather than individual shows) would know that the first season is an incredible feat from a production-standpoint, and would have the good sense to not judge the second season for being unable to replicate it.
Modified by TripleSRank, Aug 17, 10:39 PM
 
Aug 17, 11:58 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 413
TripleSRank said:
People weren’t watching One Punch Man for its content. They were watching it for the copious amount of sakuga it had. This season merely exposed those people.


People loved and praised the 1st season because of the awesome music, direction, execution, animation and sakuga so for you to say that people only liked it because of the sakuga is pretty much asinine.

TripleSRank said:

From the start I’ve said OPM’s actual content is mediocre. It’s decently fun, but nothing special. But where I’ve remained on the middle ground, all of the shallow fans who “loved” the first season now “hate” it because they never cared about OPM in the first place.


OPM content is indeed fun, not the best but fun nonetheless, we loved the manga before the anime even existed and we love the 1st season because it gave the manga justice. The 2nd season failed to deliver and it wasn't simply because of the sakuga moments, everything else failed there, it was an obvious downgrade in everything to the point of being mediocre and generic so for you to say that we never cared for OPM is pretty fucking asinine. On the contrary, you are the one that doesn't care for it, we criticize this season harshly because we actually CARE for OPM. *facepalm*


TripleSRank said:

Honestly, even these people’s acclaim of the first season’s extensive sakuga and criticism of this season’s comparative lack of sakuga is pretty shallow. Anyone who’s an actual sakuga enthusiast and/or is really into anime as a medium (rather than individual shows) would know that the first season is an incredible feat from a production-standpoint, and would have the good sense to not judge the second season for being unable to replicate it.


We aren't mad because season 2 wasn't able to replicate the awesomeness of season 1, we are mad because OPM went from an incredible anime to a mediocre anime and since we care about the franchise we are disappointed with the obvious downgrade of this season.

Seriously, your comment is basically this: the people that disliked Berserk 2016/2017 is because they never cared for Berserk. Wrong, the people simply disliked Berserk because that anime is pure garbage, awesome manga, but garbage anime. The same logic applies to OPM as well, it went from an amazing 1st season to a mediocre 2nd season and it wasn't simply because of the sakuga, it had other serious issues.
 
Aug 18, 12:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 8990
@xZabuzax “We”.

I only see one of you, but if it makes you feel more secure saying “we”, then whatever.

In any case, I’m not discrediting disgruntled source fans’ criticisms, but source fans are not where the majority of the backlash is coming from. OPM gained an exponential amount of popularity when it moved to the anime format.
 
Aug 18, 1:19 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 413
TripleSRank said:
I only see one of you


Then you're late to the party, I was not the only OPM fan complaining about this.

TripleSRank said:

In any case, I’m not discrediting disgruntled source fans’ criticisms, but source fans are not where the majority of the backlash is coming from. OPM gained an exponential amount of popularity when it moved to the anime format.


Both parties are praising and complaining and those are the source fans and the people that only watched the anime so for you to say that the only people complaining about it are the ones that never liked OPM and that we only cared about the sakuga moments (like you wrote in the previous comment) is dishonest and made me cringe.

I'm complaining about it because I love this franchise and I want nothing but perfection on it, I love the manga and the 1st season was able to deliver, the 2nd season didn't, it was just another generic mediocre anime. For this reason I'm complaining and not because of your asinine assumptions so get your facts right.
Modified by xZabuzax, Aug 18, 3:15 AM
 
Aug 18, 5:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 8990
xZabuzax said:
TripleSRank said:
I only see one of you


Then you're late to the party, I was not the only OPM fan complaining about this.

I didn’t say you were. ‘Just checked you for acting like you’re the representative of some faction when you aren’t.


xZabuzax said:
TripleSRank said:

In any case, I’m not discrediting disgruntled source fans’ criticisms, but source fans are not where the majority of the backlash is coming from. OPM gained an exponential amount of popularity when it moved to the anime format.


Both parties are praising and complaining and those are the source fans and the people that only watched the anime so for you to say that the only people complaining about it are the ones that never liked OPM and that we only cared about the sakuga moments (like you wrote in the previous comment) is dishonest and made me cringe.

I never said the only people complaining are casuals who cared about the sakuga, I said the majority are. Stop trying to put words in my mouth. ‘Not sure why you’re taking offense when I already excluded you from the group I’m criticizing.


xZabuzax said:
I'm complaining about it because I love this franchise and I want nothing but perfection on it, I love the manga and the 1st season was able to deliver, the 2nd season didn't, it was just another generic mediocre anime. For this reason I'm complaining and not because of your asinine assumptions so get your facts right.

Well, at least you came off the high horse and spoke for yourself. Unfortunately it’s you who needs to check your facts and stop acting like a some sort of victim when it was immediately clear you were not the type of fan I was referring to to start with. Your salty replies honestly make it look like I hit a nerve by saying something that applies to you that you want to cover up. If that’s not the case then there’s really nothing more for you to say to what I’ve said.
Modified by TripleSRank, Aug 18, 5:15 AM
 
Aug 18, 5:52 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 413
TripleSRank said:

I didn’t say you were. ‘Just checked you for acting like you’re the representative of some faction when you aren’t.


Huh? you clearly wrote that you only see one of me which means your comment implied that I was the only one in it which is stupid, plenty of other OPM fans complained about this mediocre season as well and it wasn't simply because of the lack of sakuga, this lacked everything. I never said that I was the representative of anything either, I'm just correcting you on your dumb assertion you wrote earlier.

TripleSRank said:


I never said the only people complaining are casuals who cared about the sakuga, I said the majority are. Stop trying to put words in my mouth. ‘Not sure why you’re taking offense when I already excluded you from the group I’m criticizing.


Huh? here let me remind you about your earlier comment, apparently you forgot about it.
TripleSRank said:

all of the shallow fans who “loved” the first season now “hate” it because they never cared about OPM in the first place.


You clearly wrote that ALL of the fans that loved the 1st season hate the 2nd season because we never cared for OPM and only liked it because of the sakuga which is dumb and I corrected you on your dumb assertion.


TripleSRank said:

Well, at least you came off the high horse and spoke for yourself. Unfortunately it’s you who needs to check your facts and stop acting like a some sort of victim when it was immediately clear you were not the type of fan I was referring to to start with. Your salty replies honestly make it look like I hit a nerve by saying something that applies to you that you want to cover up. If that’s not the case then there’s really nothing more for you to say to what I’ve said.


Then stop writing dumb comments implying that ALL (like you wrote earlier) OPM fans that loved the 1st season hate the 2nd one because of the lack of sakuga and that we never were fans of this franchise, that's the comment I'm replying to, you made that wrong assertion so you should fix that wrong assertion.
 
Aug 18, 6:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 8990
xZabuzax said:
TripleSRank said:

I didn’t say you were. ‘Just checked you for acting like you’re the representative of some faction when you aren’t.


Huh? you clearly wrote that you only see one of me which means your comment implied that I was the only one in it which is stupid, plenty of other OPM fans complained about this mediocre season as well and it wasn't simply because of the lack of sakuga, this lacked everything. I never said that I was the representative of anything either, I'm just correcting you on your dumb assertion you wrote earlier.

Yeah. I do only see one of you here talking to me. That doesn’t mean you’re the only person who thinks the way you do. It means you can’t feign a superior position by acting as if you’re speaking for a crowd.

Your strawman isn’t even convincing here. It’s okay to admit you messed up and misinterpreted my postion. I’d judge you less than I do for continuing this bad argument to save face.


xZabuzax said:
TripleSRank said:


I never said the only people complaining are casuals who cared about the sakuga, I said the majority are. Stop trying to put words in my mouth. ‘Not sure why you’re taking offense when I already excluded you from the group I’m criticizing.


Huh? here let me remind you about your earlier comment, apparently you forgot about it.
TripleSRank said:

all of the shallow fans who “loved” the first season now “hate” it because they never cared about OPM in the first place.


You clearly wrote that ALL of the fans that loved the 1st season hate the 2nd season because we never cared for OPM and only liked it because of the sakuga which is dumb and I corrected you on your dumb assertion.

All of the shallow fans. You know, the ones I was talking about in the first paragraph, who only cared about the sakuga/visuals.

I guess this means you think you’re a shallow fan, and I was right about striking a nerve. Either that or you’re desperately trying to save face when you clearly misinterpreted my post. Nice job explicitly outing yourself.


xZabuzax said:
TripleSRank said:

Well, at least you came off the high horse and spoke for yourself. Unfortunately it’s you who needs to check your facts and stop acting like a some sort of victim when it was immediately clear you were not the type of fan I was referring to to start with. Your salty replies honestly make it look like I hit a nerve by saying something that applies to you that you want to cover up. If that’s not the case then there’s really nothing more for you to say to what I’ve said.


Then stop writing dumb comments implying that ALL (like you wrote earlier) OPM fans that loved the 1st season hate the 2nd one because of the lack of sakuga and that we never were fans of this franchise, that's the comment I'm replying to, you made that wrong assertion so you should fix that wrong assertion.

I never implied anything. That was all you. I was and am still referring to the majority of the “fans” of this series.

But I don’t want to be mean about it even if your methodology here is bad, so I’ll make it easier for you by stating it outright: I think the real problem you have here is that you perceive my comment to mean that One Punch Man’s popularity was never legitimate due to it being based on the copious amount of sakuga, rather than the content. Thus as a source fan who did enjoy the content you are offended because you see me as indirectly criticizing the series itself. Further, as a source reader you care about differences between the adaptation and the source material that I do not, meaning my holding of this season as better than the last adds insult to injury for you.

The above paragraph is the only reasonable alternative I see to you either being one of those shallow fans I mentioned or you misinterpreting my comment and desperately grasping at straws to save face. If you continue to behave in a manner that paints you in either of those positions I am going to continue to make snarky remarks pointing out the ridiculousness of those positions until I get bored with you.

Ideally, however, we could simply agree that we both appreciate the series as a whole more than those shallow fans, that you like the core content more than I do, and that I like the adaptation more than you do. I see no need to get huffed about whether the series’ popularity was legitimate or not since that has nothing to do with the quality of its content.

So, what do you say? I’ve made a way for us to part on agreeable terms here.
 
Aug 18, 7:13 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 413
TripleSRank said:
xZabuzax said:


Huh? you clearly wrote that you only see one of me which means your comment implied that I was the only one in it which is stupid, plenty of other OPM fans complained about this mediocre season as well and it wasn't simply because of the lack of sakuga, this lacked everything. I never said that I was the representative of anything either, I'm just correcting you on your dumb assertion you wrote earlier.

Yeah. I do only see one of you here talking to me. That doesn’t mean you’re the only person who thinks the way you do. It means you can’t feign a superior position by acting as if you’re speaking for a crowd.

Your strawman isn’t even convincing here. It’s okay to admit you messed up and misinterpreted my postion. I’d judge you less than I do for continuing this bad argument to save face.


xZabuzax said:


Huh? here let me remind you about your earlier comment, apparently you forgot about it.


You clearly wrote that ALL of the fans that loved the 1st season hate the 2nd season because we never cared for OPM and only liked it because of the sakuga which is dumb and I corrected you on your dumb assertion.

All of the shallow fans. You know, the ones I was talking about in the first paragraph, who only cared about the sakuga/visuals.

I guess this means you think you’re a shallow fan, and I was right about striking a nerve. Either that or you’re desperately trying to save face when you clearly misinterpreted my post. Nice job explicitly outing yourself.


xZabuzax said:


Then stop writing dumb comments implying that ALL (like you wrote earlier) OPM fans that loved the 1st season hate the 2nd one because of the lack of sakuga and that we never were fans of this franchise, that's the comment I'm replying to, you made that wrong assertion so you should fix that wrong assertion.

I never implied anything. That was all you. I was and am still referring to the majority of the “fans” of this series.

But I don’t want to be mean about it even if your methodology here is bad, so I’ll make it easier for you by stating it outright: I think the real problem you have here is that you perceive my comment to mean that One Punch Man’s popularity was never legitimate due to it being based on the copious amount of sakuga, rather than the content. Thus as a source fan who did enjoy the content you are offended because you see me as indirectly criticizing the series itself. Further, as a source reader you care about differences between the adaptation and the source material that I do not, meaning my holding of this season as better than the last adds insult to injury for you.

The above paragraph is the only reasonable alternative I see to you either being one of those shallow fans I mentioned or you misinterpreting my comment and desperately grasping at straws to save face. If you continue to behave in a manner that paints you in either of those positions I am going to continue to make snarky remarks pointing out the ridiculousness of those positions until I get bored with you.

Ideally, however, we could simply agree that we both appreciate the series as a whole more than those shallow fans, that you like the core content more than I do, and that I like the adaptation more than you do. I see no need to get huffed about whether the series’ popularity was legitimate or not since that has nothing to do with the quality of its content.

So, what do you say? I’ve made a way for us to part on agreeable terms here.


I'm the one talking to you because all the fans criticizing this season left, you made it look in your comment like I was the only one but meh, whatever we ain't getting anywhere here and is not worth wasting our time in this crap so yeh, let's part on agreeable terms here, some fans liked this mediocre season and other fans hated it and it wasn't simply because of the lack of sakuga or because they weren't fans of the franchise, they have their reasons to hate it so you can't speak for all of them.

Later.
 
Aug 29, 10:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 409
After watching it again (with my girlfriend) I feel as though this season was average. It wasn't nearly as impressive or season 1 or as compelling as the manga, but it was still fine. Not the trash heap that some people make it out to be, but it sure isn't absolved of criticism.
 
Aug 29, 7:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 4505
EpsilonX said:
After watching it again (with my girlfriend) I feel as though this season was average. It wasn't nearly as impressive or season 1 or as compelling as the manga, but it was still fine. Not the trash heap that some people make it out to be, but it sure isn't absolved of criticism.
It's certainly not the worst anime of the year, not with Arifureta or W'z in here, but honestly, I would never want to watch this season again, and damn are the visuals ghastly. I'd say a high 3 is a fair score for me. Also nais, you have a gf.
"Anti-elitists" are the true elitists of this community. They're the kind of people that remind me that the elitist stereotype they perpetuate basically doesn't exist, and those who use it to scapegoat embody practically every trait they put into the stereotype, as they sit in their ivory tower looking down at and attacking people they disagree with because they're being negative on a show they like, and their favorites list is comprised of at least one non-mainstream classic, all the while cowering at the idea of those people giving them a taste of their own medicine. Also, objectivity in art is relative, therefore arguable, not nonexistent.
 
Top
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

Preview MangaManga Store