Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'Honzuki no Gekokujou' Premieres in Fall 2019

New
Jun 6, 2019 9:50 AM

Mar 2013
The official website of Ajia-Do's previously announced anime adaptation of Miya Kazuki and You Shiina's fantasy light novel Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen has announced more cast and staff. The anime will premiere in October.

Cast
Turi: Megumi Nakajima (Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?)
Eva: Fumiko Orikasa (Little Witch Academia)
Gunther: Tsuyoshi Koyama (Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho)
Lutz: Mutsumi Tamura (Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon)

Staff
Chief Animation Director: Yoshiaki Yanagida (Eikoku Koi Monogatari Emma: Molders-hen), Toshihisa Kaiya (Haikyuu!!), Kenichi Endou (Giniro no Kami no Agito)
Prop Design: Ryou Hirata (Bungou Stray Dogs character design)
Art Director: Ryouka Kinoshita (Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst)
Art Setting: Toshiki Amada (Kakegurui)
Color Design: Miyoko Ichinose (Saraiya Goyou)
Director of Photography: Naoki Nakamura (Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi)
Editing: Tomoki Nagasaka (Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai)
Sound Director: Jun Watanabe (Bakuman.)
Sound Effects: Hiromune Kurahashi (Strike Witches)
Music: Michiru (Shuumatsu no Izetta)
Sound Production: JTB Entertainment
Music Production: flying DOG

Additionally, Nakajima will also perform the ending song "Kamikazari no Tenshi."

Mitsuru Hongou (World Trigger), with the assistance of Yoshiki Kawasaki (Shuumatsu no Izetta episode director), will direct the anime that features character designs by Yanagida and Kaiya. Mariko Kunisawa (Majimoji Rurumo) is in charge of the series composition.

Source: Comic Natalie
Jun 6, 2019 9:53 AM

Mar 2010
yayy i am ready for a female isekai
Jun 6, 2019 10:00 AM

Dec 2018
As I would like them to have had better budget for this anime since it deserved a better production for the content itself, GOD I just see and the studio did "Isekai Maou to Shouka..." even though if it's garbage, at least it looked better, the totally injustice... D,X
Jun 6, 2019 10:04 AM

Oct 2016
I'm so ready for Chibi Megumi
Jun 6, 2019 11:24 AM

Apr 2013
Btw first episode wil lbe available around one month prior to that since it will be included in september's limited edition volume 20.

I mostly know Nakajima Megumi for her role as Kasukabe You (Mondaiji) so I'm a bit surprised by the choice with just that, as both characters don't have the same kind of vibes. But maybe the seiyuu has enough range to cover that, as hearing only one of her role isn't enough to conclude anything~

oh my gosh my favourite seiyuu (Orikasa Fumiko) is doubling Effa, that's so cool <3.

Tamura Mutsumi for Lutz sounds like a pretty good pick.
Koyama Tsuyoshi (Gunter here) was Youhei in Mahou no sho, and I think the vibes of those two characters are quite a bit similar so again, pretty satisfying pick.

So far we're getting experienced seiyuu, and imo having good seiyuu will really make or break this anime as character banters are primordial for enjoying it, so looking pretty good. Especially Orikasa Fumiko, not gonna lie, she's top level for me. I kind of wish she was cast as someone with more lines than Effa on the long run though, but that's better than nothing.
Jun 6, 2019 11:56 AM

Nov 2016
Well, since this seems to be more slice of life oriented, I'm actually looking forward to it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 6, 2019 1:56 PM

Feb 2013
The transition for the artstyle of the LN to the anime is terrible. What a ugly character design.
Jun 6, 2019 2:04 PM

Jun 2014
This has such bad character designs, they look so jank in the PV.

:3
Jun 6, 2019 2:26 PM

Mar 2014
Looks interesting but I don't like the Studio...
Jun 6, 2019 2:40 PM

Jan 2015
Aija-Do has high production values, so I’m looking forward to this show
Jun 6, 2019 3:31 PM

Aug 2015
Good seiyuu choice. I'm just gonna pray that no matter how low the production value is, given the quality of the light novel and maybe some decent direction, it's still going to be decent at least.
Jun 6, 2019 4:03 PM

Apr 2011
The art looks fine in animation format... a little cheap but not bad.
Idk what some of you are complaining about. >>
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Jun 7, 2019 1:46 AM

Oct 2013
I like the vibe of this just through visual art alone. I'm so excited to watch this fall.
Jun 7, 2019 2:51 AM

Feb 2016
I don't know why but i think this will be really good, even if the budget for this isn't the best one
Jun 9, 2019 5:31 PM
Sep 2017
Finally a wholesome Isekai story.

Atleast that what people have said.

Jun 10, 2019 1:42 PM

Mar 2014
ThreadFazer said:

Well, they said the same about all the other isekais (SAO, Shieldhero...).

In the end, the only LN Isekais released in the last decade that were good were Konosuba and Log Horizon. Grimgar being almost there.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Jun 10, 2019 2:02 PM
Sep 2017
Fabris said:
ThreadFazer said:

In the end, the only LN Isekais released in the last decade that were good were Konosuba and Log Horizon. Grimgar being almost there.
Log Horizon kinda suck and i already expected shield hero to be unwholesome starting with the 10 year old female heroien alone.

But yeah i do get where your coming from.
NotTrying2BLazyJun 10, 2019 2:16 PM

Jun 11, 2019 8:57 AM

Apr 2013
Fabris said:
ThreadFazer said:

Who is the "they" you're talking about? Do you seriously think there's some kind of uniformity in the anime fanbase where basically if someone say one isekai novel is good then he will reappear to say the same for every isekai title after that or something?
That would be a bot, not a human.
Leaving aside the fact that SAO is not even an isekai per se (there's no other world existing in there), it's obviously not the same peoples that will say that SAO is good or that Honzuki is good. Those two novels are of completely different genre so while there's nothing against liking both, the overlap in fanbase is bound to be fairly small. >_<

For example, the only isekai novels I've ever claimed were good are Honzuki and Youjo Senki. You have seen/read neither. I don't see why the fact that someone unrelated claimed that SAO or shieldhero were super good is relevant to what I, or anyone else in this thread, say.
Jun 12, 2019 4:16 PM

Mar 2014
Zefyris said:
Fabris said:

Who is the "they" you're talking about? Do you seriously think there's some kind of uniformity in the anime fanbase where basically if someone say one isekai novel is good then he will reappear to say the same for every isekai title after that or something?
Leaving aside the fact that SAO is not even an isekai per se (there's no other world existing in there), it's obviously not the same peoples that will say that SAO is good or that Honzuki is good. Those two novels are of completely different genre so while there's nothing against liking both, the overlap in fanbase is bound to be fairly small. >_<

For example, the only isekai novels I've ever claimed were good are Honzuki and Youjo Senki. You have seen/read neither. I don't see why the fact that someone unrelated claimed that SAO or shieldhero were super good is relevant to what I, or anyone else in this thread, say.

I know, you're not wrong. I'm just a little way too jaded, after taking quite some seasonal baits of people claiming that show and that one were "subversive/"deconstruction"/insert buzzword there, and end being underwhelming generic fantasy worlds with gaimu mechanics all over the place, at best.

So, excuse me, but I lower my own expectations by quite a bit on those shows.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Jun 13, 2019 8:18 AM

Apr 2013
Fabris said:
Zefyris said:

I know, you're not wrong. I'm just a little way too jaded, after taking quite some seasonal baits of people claiming that show and that one were "subversive/"deconstruction"/insert buzzword there, and end being underwhelming generic fantasy worlds with gaimu mechanics all over the place, at best.

So, excuse me, but I lower my own expectations by quite a bit on those shows.

Oh, I can't understand that. Regardless of what peoples think of good/bad/boring/mundane, this one doesn't have anything like game mechanic btw, and for quite a long time is quite low fantasy, at least in the novels.
Jun 13, 2019 8:56 AM

Jul 2017
This anime looks pretty and the visuals looks bright and colourful.
I'ma watch it! ;3
Jul 1, 2019 9:09 AM

Apr 2013
^ 5 not 4 aditional cast
So basically
Benno is Dio (lolmao I can totally picture that somehow),
Gustav is Garp (One Piece),
Frida is Kotori (Love Live!),
Marc is Son Hak (Akatsuki no Yona, again I can totally see that cool onii-san voice for Marc),
Otto is Sakai Yuuji (Shana).

I don't know Frida's voice at all, but outside of that, that sounds quite fitting.

Also, new small pv

ZefyrisJul 1, 2019 9:33 AM

More topics from this board

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - 9 hours ago

8 by ZXEAN »»
34 minutes ago

» 'Kusuriya no Hitorigoto' Second Season Announced

Nioxys - Mar 23

22 by arnicahealth »»
40 minutes ago

» Manga 'Tougen Anki' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by thebrentinator24 »»
6 hours ago

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Reveals Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 6

2 by ST63LTH »»
Yesterday, 7:09 AM

» Undead Unluck Unveiled: Let's Talk Muscles with Yoshifumi Tozuka

Kineta - Mar 19

4 by Anime_Luv »»
Yesterday, 6:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.