Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 6, 2019 11:01 PM

Dec 2018
Not going to call it a awesome year yet!! ,But for a cute girls doing cute things lover it been good overall

Bit disappointed that we have no lesbian kiss yet,,, But it going to come "Sounan Desu ka?" That one have what i want!!!!, And if we can have some more lesbian kissing i going to love the anime of this year!! ,,,,,, Japan I want Yuri!!,,, Deliver!!!

Yuri-CrusaderJun 6, 2019 11:06 PM
Jun 6, 2019 11:05 PM

Oct 2017
I just went quickly through your list and I didn't see a single notable show from this year or period so how do you make that assumption? I am especially confused as you gave S1 of MP 100 a 9 and S2 is even better so why aren't you picking those sequels up? I have only been following anime seasonally since about 2017 but even still i think this year has had a much better start than the last two. Still got a lot more great series next season like Vinland Saga, Dr Stone or Astra Lost in Space.

If your just talking anime in general for you personally maybe you have gotten tired of it as a hobby drop it come back in a few months and see if your still interested. If not just move onto something else.
Jun 6, 2019 11:12 PM

Jul 2010
Take it higher - it's been stormy for the last few years. God forbid, at least one suitable anime for 10 bad.
May be some anime?
Jun 6, 2019 11:26 PM

Oct 2015
Winter 2019 is one of the best season in recent years ...
Jun 6, 2019 11:59 PM

Apr 2015
We have this thread multiple times a year every year, and the answer is always "That's a subjective, narrow view, and many people have found anime they enjoy this year."
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jun 7, 2019 3:10 AM

Sep 2014
I guess I haven't watched nearly enough this year to make a broad statement like this. But yeah, I've tried like 20 shows and dropped half of them, and a 12-minute show Senryuu Shojo is something I could tie for the 1st place so far...

Not gonna lie, my current opinion is poor, but I've seen little and still have to try the heavily praised Dororo
Jun 7, 2019 3:34 AM

Jul 2016
2019 is the best year of anime, than 2018. Winter is stacked spring is mediocre 2 shows worth my watch. But summer is good and fall is stacked.

Jun 7, 2019 3:41 AM

Jul 2007
2019 has been worse than 2018, I can say that much. Only new shows I have enjoyed from this year were The Promised Neverland and Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Jun 7, 2019 4:09 AM
Nov 2017
Well, I had high hopes for 2019, to be honest...knowing that OPM season 2 release this year. And yeah, I'm just disappointed (at least for OPM).

But I can't say this year is an awful year for anime. At least I got Yakusoku No Neverland (well, that's the only new anime that I really like this year). Maybe there is going to be another one, and that will be a good thing for me.

This year is actually pretty good for sequel besides from OPM (we got mob psycho 2, SNK, Jojo part 5 and any other). But we don't get enough new enjoyable anime.
mohripJun 7, 2019 4:13 AM
Jun 7, 2019 4:19 AM

Jul 2007
mohrip said:
Jojo part 5

I hate to nitpick, but JJBA Part 5 started last year so it counts as 2018. It is still by far the best show to watch right now though.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Jun 7, 2019 4:33 AM
Jul 2018
Would make more sense if you asked "Has SPRING 2019 been an awful season for anime?"

and no, not for me anyway.
Jun 7, 2019 4:38 AM

Jul 2015
started off strong w/ kaguya-sama, magical girls spec ops, & promised neverland.
already good year
Jun 7, 2019 6:37 AM
Jul 2018
It does not feature Darling in the Frank so it has to be good
Jun 7, 2019 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
More like this year is the most anticipated year recently with sequel of popular series like AoT, OPM, Jojo and adaptation from popular manga like Vinland Saga and Promised Neverland.. Most people from fanboys to elitists will agree with this thing lol ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Jun 7, 2019 8:00 AM
Feb 2014
No, even though i haven't yet watched any anime from 2019, i can already tell that it's a better year for me just from the anime aired/airing so far and the ones announced for later this year, i think it's all subjective and depends on each person individual taste, so, for example, while a year full of CGDCT and moe would be absolutely awful for me, it could be a true delight for someone else, that's all there's to it, really, just different taste preferences.

My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Jun 7, 2019 8:06 AM

Mar 2016
Short_Circut said:
Dororo, Kaguya-sama, Domestic Girlfriend, AoT S3 part 2, BSD S3, Isekai Quartet

Nah it has definitely not been an awful year plus like mentioned it's too early

There’s also Fruits Basket and Kimetsu no Yaiba, too.
Jun 7, 2019 8:10 AM
Feb 2014
In fact, Bungou Stray Dogs and Fruits Basket are enough for me to declare this year as a good year, just waiting for them to finish to watch them, also looking forward to others such as Dr. Stone, Enen no Shouboutai, Beastars, Tokunana and many others!

My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Jun 7, 2019 8:13 AM
Oct 2018
Obviously this must be really subjective. Because winter 2019 is said to be one of the best seasons of anime. Attack on titan season 3 is one of the best anime season in recent years. One of the most iconic shojo manga fruits basket got remade. Not to mention historical fantasy manga such a dororo and kimetsu no yaiba are also adapted.

I do agree that spring is a little slow but we still have two seasons left and summer and fall look really good. Really, you should wait alteast until the year is over to discuss if it was bad or not.
fiza_imranJun 7, 2019 8:28 AM
Jun 7, 2019 8:32 AM
Oct 2018
Dauphine said:
In fact, Bungou Stray Dogs and Fruits Basket are enough for me to declare this year as a good year, just waiting for them to finish to watch them, also looking forward to others such as Dr. Stone, Enen no Shouboutai, Beastars, Tokunana and many others!

Same! Even though everyone's saying spring 2019 is slow these two shows( and kimetsu no yaiba) are what's making me enjoy this season.
Jun 7, 2019 5:20 PM

Apr 2015
Winter 2019 was better than every season last year.
Jun 7, 2019 7:36 PM

Sep 2010
Lets see so far according to anichart

Winter: 4/41 TV shows
Spring: 9/46 TV shows
Summer: 8/34 TV shows
Fall: 2/?? TV shows

overall 13 shows I liked or at least found average to enough to finish and 10 I'm looking forward to. Actually a step up from last year honestly when it came to anime I watched during the season. There are a couple that I do want to watch from last year like that one with the girls who want to go to Antarctica and Bloom into You which I will probably get to eventually.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jun 7, 2019 9:45 PM

Oct 2013
How about you start first by watching some anime this year? That may change your opinion.
Jun 7, 2019 9:48 PM
Sep 2017
Mob Psycho 100......
Jojo Golden Wind....
Dororo.....
Kaguya-sama.....
Shingeki no Kyojin S3 PART 2.......
Boogiebop........
Promised Neverland.......................................................

Man such a bad year................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Jun 7, 2019 9:51 PM

Jul 2017
Whgedia said:
Mob Psycho 100......
Jojo Golden Wind....
Dororo.....
Kaguya-sama.....
Shingeki no Kyojin S3 PART 2.......
Boogiebop........

Rising of the shield hero.....
the promised neverland.....
kakegurui......
charole and tuesday.....
kimetsu no yaiba.....
fruits basket.....
Jun 7, 2019 9:54 PM

Sep 2018
I’m gonna be honest, I’m not much of a seasonal anime watcher, so I could be inaccurate, but this year has been average, there have been good anime airing this year, dororo, mob Psycho II, Jojo vento aureo (yes I know it’s fall 2018 but it’s airing through this year) but all of the ones that have actually interested me/have really stuck out to me are all sequels or remakes (let’s not forget dororo was a manga and had an anime in the 70’s) but now that I think about it, I haven’t really even seen a lot of other anime this season, so I could be wrong. But I’m just saying most of it hasn’t piqued my interest too much, but I think we’ve had some more dryer seasons probably.
I do plan to watch the fruits basket remake, and maybe try some things that look pretty good like charole and tuesday and the promised neverland
returntothenhkJun 7, 2019 9:57 PM
Jun 7, 2019 10:05 PM

Nov 2016
Beautiful list, but the answer is no. We've gotten many great shows this year with more to come. I get that this season itself might be underwhelming, but when you add the amazing Winter season we had, this year hasn't been that awful. Just wait until we've gotten closer to the end of the year, since we haven't even really hit the halfway point until halfway through June.

Jun 7, 2019 10:17 PM

Mar 2013
Demon slayer, and Attack on titan S3P2 make this first half of year great lol plus we have my hero academia coming out October. To me this year is a good year, I liked shows like dorororo, shield hero, promised neverland, and I guess to some extent slime except that shit got bad towards end in my opinion. OH and mob psycho 2 was amazing! One punch man is doing alright as well, so how is this a bad year? lol
Jun 7, 2019 10:20 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah, bad season. We only got like 15 good shows so far, mhm bad year.

But seriously though, if you don't think this year is any good then you might want to take a break from seasonals for a while. 2019 has been good so far, nowhere near to 2018 imo, but still really good.
Jun 7, 2019 10:26 PM

Oct 2009
Yep, and so was every year in the past which has had anime. Someday, frens.
Jun 8, 2019 1:02 PM

Feb 2017
I think it's been a better year than normal imo. I'm watching 4 currently airing shows, which is more than I usually have, and I find them all to be at least decent. And this is probably gonna be the weakest season of the year. Winter had quite a few well recieved shows. Mob's second season was straight up great. And next season also looks pretty packed with Dr. Stone, Vinland Saga, Fire Force, Astra Lost in Space, and Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo all seeming pretty promising. And Fall looks like there's gonna be new seasons for quite a few popular shows too.
Jun 8, 2019 2:41 PM

May 2014
I mean, last season we had Mob s2 and Jojo, and this season we have Bocchi and even more Jojo, so it's alright.
Jun 8, 2019 4:13 PM

Aug 2017
u need to watch more anime lmao.

We have Kaguya-sama, Shield Hero, Sarazanmai, Mob s2, etc.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 8, 2019 4:24 PM

May 2011
From the 2010s decade I feel 2015 is the worst. Mostly the sequels are the only good things from that year and the things that started in 2014.
Jun 8, 2019 4:30 PM
Mar 2018
no because i am reading berserk and even though it was released in 1990s, it is a good year for me in 2019 since berserk is so op
Jun 8, 2019 5:44 PM
Apr 2016
It isn't even over yet, wait til it's over to post this.

Jun 8, 2019 9:49 PM
May 2012
Excluding the remake of fruits basket, so far there is nothing in the romance/drama category yet so I’m not exactly pleased so far, this kind of just seems like a big “it’s the next season of your favorite w/e!!” Season.
Jun 9, 2019 4:30 AM

Jun 2015
I've spent most of the year (and still) waiting for 3 2018 movies to get subs, and they're better than anything that I've tried so far.

So for me personally yes, but mostly because 2017 and 2018 both delivered more in franchises I cared about and had those eventual unexpected gems I'm lacking this year.
So all in all waiting for Chihayafuru 3, and hoping for 7 Seeds and Vinland Saga's adaptations to not suck (?).
Jun 9, 2019 4:39 AM

Mar 2013
No. I can't say so too early to say that.
Jun 9, 2019 5:13 AM

Feb 2010
its awful so far there are good shows but no great or amazing ones
Jun 9, 2019 5:39 AM

Sep 2018
Just wanna take a moment to mention that we got an anime called Miru tights. What more do you fkin need XD.
Also we had an insanely good winter with Mob fkin Psycho 2, Dororo, Kaguya-sama💙, YnN, Boogiepop among others.
Spring has been pretty decent with really good shows - tho I'm not watching much this spring. But I'm liking the animation on KnY. Also gotta love Isekai quartet.
AND WE ALSO THE MF SnK S3P2.
Go check these shows out.
And as a lotta ppl said its only been 5 months into the year. Smh.
Jun 9, 2019 8:22 AM

Jun 2015
2019 has been an absolute disaster so far. I didn't think last season had any real particular standouts (although, I have not seen all of them) and this season has also been quite terrible. Maybe not as bad, though.

I'm just longing for High Score Girl season 2 to save the year.

💖 𝐼'𝓂 𝒽𝒶𝓎𝒹𝑒𝓃❣ 💖

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ 💝 𝒯𝓌𝒾𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 💝 𝒴𝑜𝓊𝒯𝓊𝒷𝑒 💝 ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆
💝 𝑀𝓎𝐹𝒾𝑔𝓊𝓇𝑒𝒞𝑜𝓁𝓁𝑒𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 💝
Jun 13, 2019 5:14 AM

Aug 2018
Not at all! Sure, there were various bad anime, but there are bad anime every year.
The shows I liked more this year are Kaguya, Sarazanmai, Yakusoku no Neverland, Dororo and 5-toubun no Hanayome.
But, most of all... THE FREAKING MIRU TIGHTS.
Jun 13, 2019 6:20 AM

May 2018
Its alright. Not that bad, not that good either.
Jun 13, 2019 6:25 AM

Aug 2015
There are many great sequel and adaptation. So so far, I don't believe so. And this fall, there's also BnHA, so for me this year is in fact better than last year.

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Jun 13, 2019 7:12 AM
May 2018
I'm never really a season anime watcher so I cant say on alot of shows out this year. I wouldn't say it's a bad year so far though, we've gotten a decent amount of new shows that are both popular and highly rated. People are already throwing out plenty of great recommendations so I dont feel like I need to but if nothing seasonal is interesting you I think it's nice to look back on anime you might have missed from previous years. You could easily find something pretty great. To answer the OP though no I personally dont feel like it has been a bad year so far. Not the best, but a decent one. Even though I'm behind on so many shows I'm still enjoying alot of stuff I do watch from this year. And I think it's pretty great Im enjoying stuff Im seeing already, AND Im actually behind on catching up this season because I know I'll surely find something else I like in all the other shows, AND I'm behind on like... every year of shows haha. And if I do feel like nothing interesting is around I'll just take a break and do something else eh. Stuff will always still be there when I feel like watching.
Jun 13, 2019 7:15 AM
Aug 2017
Um, no. Not at all. It's soon to decide too.
Jun 13, 2019 1:43 PM
Jul 2018
From what I've seen from last couple of years, most people' AOTY choice comes from Summer/Fall season so wait till at least november before you say that.
Jun 14, 2019 12:47 AM

Dec 2018
My answer is no
Everything is fine i see
Maybe, its just like there's no anime match to your taste?

Promised Neverland, Kaguya-sama, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Fruits Basket 2019 too good to skip (i mean for new airing anime, not a sequel)
Jun 16, 2019 11:16 AM

Aug 2018
To an extent, especially in this season (spring). However, we have had good anime from winter and some from spring. We have series like

• The Promised Neverland - A shounen jump series from winter, it is like a combination between death note and attack on titan and I can see it becoming an influential, mainstream anime in years to come.
  • Dororo is continuing from winter to the end of spring, whilst cour 2 may not be as good as the first, it originated from a classic manga in the 60s by Osamu Tezuka, he was a massive influence on anime. Dororo is a samurai, demon series and can possibly get more attention in time, although it is aired by amazon prime.
  • Demon slayer/Kimetsu no yaiba
  • Rising of the shield hero caused controversy in its first episode, but is gaining popularity little by little, I haven't seen this yet and i dont think i will anytime soon (it isn't my type of show but others may love it)
  • New seasons of anime such as Bungou stray dogs, Attack on titan, One punch man and Mob psycho 100. Hell, The new season of Attack on titan came out around 7 weeks ago (as of writing this) And it is number 2 of highest rated anime of all time
  • Fruits basket 2019 remake is out, and fans love it! The animation is amazing and backgrounds are stunning! This adaptation is covering the whole manga

But I can understand why people may dislike anime in 2019, a lot of them are short in episode screentime
Jun 16, 2019 11:23 AM

Aug 2016
I haven't really seen too much from either year to have much of an opinion but I would say that there are more things that interest me this year than last year. Most of what I saw last year anyway were sequels anyway which I was disappointed at.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

62 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
3 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

13 by _FRB_ »»
7 minutes ago

» Is it weird that I wish strong female characters would get sad ending?

Sanjay63773 - 7 minutes ago

0 by Sanjay63773 »»
7 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

105 by Piromysl »»
16 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

41 by CheesyJen »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.