Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 6, 2019 7:24 AM
Feb 2015
What has made you disgusted or turned off from a show to the point where you quit watching?

For me it was when I was told to check out No Game No Life and within the first minute I was subjected to an eleven year old's (I think) panty shot.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 6, 2019 7:31 AM

Jan 2010
Pedophilic subtext.

Same as you it seems.
Jun 6, 2019 7:38 AM

Jan 2013
lol if panty shots of little girls disgust you that much, you may be in the wrong community mate.
Anyway I have plenty of red flags but I usually don't drop shows because of them.
Although best girl losing might be a reason for me not to watch the show in the first place.
Other than that cute little girls getting tortured, abused, raped is what triggers me the most but I won't necessarily avoid an anime because of that. It can still be a good show if there's some kind of satisfying resolution.
Jun 6, 2019 7:39 AM

Apr 2017
My Red Flag raises when I'm not subjected to a 11 yo loli panty-shot within the first minute of an anime.
Jun 6, 2019 7:50 AM

Jul 2016
A main male character with the most bland, boring, threw-together-in-five-minutes character design. Basically, if the main guy looks anything like the guy from Death March Rhapsody, you've already lost me.
Jun 6, 2019 7:55 AM
Sep 2015
A cliche scene in the first episode and I will drop that anime right away. I am done with cliches now.
Jun 6, 2019 7:59 AM

Oct 2017
usually if it's a light novel adaption made by an unknown studio or a studio who has only made other light novel adaptions
Jun 6, 2019 8:02 AM
Sep 2016
An adaptation of something from Shounen jump
The writing's usually garbage
1.1.Six
Jun 6, 2019 8:03 AM

Oct 2018
When the scenes get too smoochy with lovey dovey crap.~

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Jun 6, 2019 8:12 AM

Jul 2016
When the pacing is so slow that a turtle can beat it in a race, Cough SDF Macross Cough
Jun 6, 2019 8:18 AM

Oct 2013
When a female character has a bigger chest than Tsunade from Naruto.
Jun 6, 2019 8:18 AM

Oct 2014
Don't care what themes an anime has, but if i have to sit through unnecessary exposition/unnatural dialogue ie talking to the audience, that's an immediate red flag, and if repeatedly, i will get angry.
LunilahJun 6, 2019 8:35 AM

I don't believe in the Devil.
You should. He believes in you.
Jun 6, 2019 8:23 AM

Feb 2018
When the anime caught up with the source material but there's still 5 episodes left

though nowadays I encounter this problem less frequently, the fact that this exists hurts me internally
Jun 6, 2019 8:42 AM
Dec 2018
Honestly just harem or pedophilia.
Jun 6, 2019 8:42 AM

May 2019
Not to defend ngnl but hiro's panty shot wasnt actually surprising for it was tagged with ecchi. If that disgusted you then you made the right decision to drop it or else you'll be seing some feather tickling session and nipple-less breasts. Just maybe it was unnecessary right? I think so too but i did stick with it and eventually loved it.

I only set red flags when the show explains too much about the plot.
Jun 6, 2019 8:55 AM

Jun 2019
I'm not personally offended by anything and don't have any problem with the more comedic and sexualized ecchi stuff being put out there for those who enjoy it to seek out, but since comedy and ecchi are not the reasons I watch anime, I would say yeah - some dumb, unfunny and over-the-top comedy and ecchi being the central focus. Really though, realistically, it wouldn't get to that point as I would be aware of the genres before starting any series.

I don't mind if they put a bit of comedy and ecchi into otherwise serious shows as comic relief or some easy titillation, but I have no interest in watching a show revolving around them. To me, that indicates it will lack a lot of the substance I'm looking for and is just light fluff.

Ethically, they can put in any scene and it's fine. Whether or not it's something I agree with or advocate for in real life is irrelevant; it's fiction.
Jun 6, 2019 9:05 AM

Jul 2017
Either a.) there are 2 love interests presented and it's painfully obvious which one is going to win or b.) there are obvious yuri vibes going on
Jun 6, 2019 9:06 AM
Jul 2018
Bad CGI
30 character limit is not needed
Jun 6, 2019 9:07 AM

Sep 2018
Anything lewd with children as you mentioned. Anything with hints of incest.
Jun 6, 2019 9:08 AM

Oct 2017
Msilver2 said:
What has made you disgusted or turned off from a show to the point where you quit watching?

For me it was when I was told to check out No Game No Life and within the first minute I was subjected to an eleven year old's (I think) panty shot.

Funny. My red flag is when an anime chooses not to have any cute girls because it comes across as pretentious "this anime is better than that" nonsense.

Also fuck you. I'm sorry you were "subjected to" something that wasn't to your taste. I could be a fucking asshole too and complain about being subjected to all kinds of stuff I didn't like. Take your judgemnt and shove it. That goes triple for those in this thread conflating lolicon with pedophillia. It's so fucking ignorant of real harm that goes on and real abuse to suggest that some anime girls with exaggeratedly petitie bodies are somehow the same thing. I'm so fucking tired of judgmental fucking control freak pricks labelling me and other perfectly good people as pedos. From the deepest reaches of my soul: Fuck. You.

I'm sorry but I'm really not in the mood of that crap today. Keep it to yourself if you want to be offended. I'm offended at your fucking ignorance but I keep it to my self most of the time except when I'm provoked by this slanderous crap in the place that is supposed to be for anime fans where I thought we were supposed to be more tolerant. Go back to fucking Twitter with your moralizing.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Jun 6, 2019 9:10 AM

Apr 2017
I don't usually have any. But annoying characters (especially over-the-top tsunderes, but it applies generally) can make me drop show really fast. Overblown female proportions (especially combined with ecchi) are another good reason. And harems in general are pretty close to red flag, but I give them chance to redeem themselves and I don't just drop the show because it has that element.

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
Jun 6, 2019 9:13 AM

Aug 2012
Msilver2 said:

When it becomes propaganda telling you what to believe. An example is trying to convince you a character is good to promote a narative
Jun 6, 2019 9:14 AM

May 2016
YossaRedMage said:
Msilver2 said:

Funny. My red flag is when an anime chooses not to have any cute girls because it comes across as pretentious "this anime is better than that" nonsense.

Also fuck you. I'm sorry you were "subjected to" something that wasn't to your taste. I could be a fucking asshole too and complain about being subjected to all kinds of stuff I didn't like. Take your judgemnt and shove it. That goes triple for those in this thread conflating lolicon with pedophillia. It's so fucking ignorant of real harm that goes on and real abuse to suggest that some anime girls with exaggeratedly petitie bodies are somehow the same thing. I'm so fucking tired of judgmental fucking control freak pricks labelling me and other perfectly good people as pedos. From the deepest reaches of my soul: Fuck. You.

I'm sorry but I'm really not in the mood of that crap today. Keep it to yourself if you want to be offended. I'm offended at your fucking ignorance but I keep it to my self most of the time except when I'm provoked by this slanderous crap in the place that is supposed to be for anime fans where I thought we were supposed to be more tolerant. Go back to fucking Twitter with your moralizing.

Sounds like someone's a little touchy about the fact that most people frown upon the act of masturbating to images of children being sexualized, real or otherwise.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Jun 6, 2019 9:19 AM

Feb 2010
When the show is trying to sell me on rapey situation as being romantic or a rapey character as lovable, that's pretty much the only unversal 'nope' signal for me. You can show whatever you want in fiction, even if it's offensive, but context matters. When you glorify and romanticize something like rape that's where I draw the line. If you want rapey characters in your story, at least have the decency of presenting them as despicable and don't make every other character in the show completely ignore their rapeyness and adore them.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jun 6, 2019 9:21 AM

Jun 2015
The power of LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP shall conquer ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Read Toriko!
Jun 6, 2019 9:21 AM

Jun 2014
Characters getting drunk tends to bother me, but if it only happens rarely in an Anime, I can tolerate it, but not Maison Ikkoku. That Anime is garbage.

Seeing breasts bouncing in an Anime that is not a comedy is also very annoying, and could cause me to drop an Anime if it happened frequently.

Jun 6, 2019 9:24 AM

Feb 2012
Lack of fanservice can be a big turn off, unless it's some mythical godlike anime such as LoGH. However for the average anime, it could mean the author is holding back their characters.
Jun 6, 2019 9:24 AM

Oct 2014
nightcrawlercyp said:
Msilver2 said:

When it becomes propaganda telling you what to believe. An example is trying to convince you a character is good to promote a narative
[internalizes reality] Sad but true

Jun 6, 2019 9:27 AM

Feb 2010
Shicchi said:
Pedophilic subtext.

Same as you it seems.

That is kind of rich coming from someone known to proudly ship underage boys with each other, sexualizing them even when the shows in question do not do so.

Being extremely judgmental about others and extremely ignorant when it comes to your own fetishes seems to be a popular thing in the anime community...
I probably regret this post by now.
Jun 6, 2019 9:29 AM
Jul 2018
I used to think a lot of things would offend me enough to make me quit watching a show. Turns out I'm willing to excuse anime for a lot as long as the story is good.
I thought I hated fanservice but I ignored those moments in Steins;Gate.
I thought I'd never tolerate pedophilia but then... Hisoka.
The only thing that does turn me off at this point is bad story-telling.
Jun 6, 2019 9:29 AM

Oct 2012
generic harem and fantasy. (one would have to convince the shit out of me to watch fantasy stuff, with elves and such)
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Jun 6, 2019 9:38 AM

Oct 2014
If oversized breasts are on the cover or if minors are clearly being sexualized in the anime I won't want to watch it. If it looks like the kind of thing where the battle scenes are prioritized over developing the plot and characters I'll also avoid it since I'll expect it to be boring.
Jun 6, 2019 9:51 AM

Apr 2015
Anime with lolis on the cover, examples include that "Ryuuou oshigoto" and Eromanga sensei anime. Short version of what I'm trying to say: anime with an entire loli cast, basically.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jun 6, 2019 9:54 AM

Oct 2014
Pullman said:
Shicchi said:
Pedophilic subtext.

Same as you it seems.

That is kind of rich coming from someone known to proudly ship underage boys with each other, sexualizing them even when the shows in question do not do so.

Being extremely judgmental about others and extremely ignorant when it comes to your own fetishes seems to be a popular thing in the anime community...
>Location: City of Delusion

If i were to play devil's advocate and delude myself from her fetishization even existing, i assume her justification would be because it's with each other and not her that somehow makes it okay, albeit wrong, but even then she damned herself by saying "subtext".

That or the age of consent in Delusion City is above whatever preconceived notion they have for what they deem Loli/Shota's ages to be. *Not that it matters to begin with.
LunilahJun 6, 2019 10:03 AM

Jun 6, 2019 10:17 AM

Feb 2016
For me red flags would be any shows with tons of action sequences. This bites me in the ass though as some of my favorite stuff has the best action. I just prefer the main focus to be comedy or romance. Bad habit from before anime, Action movies and Super Hero movies are my least favorite. My taste in anime has changed a lot in the last 3 years. I only wanted to watch anything and everything new with great animation. Now I always have a few pre 2000 shows that I'm watching
Msilver2 said:

I feel personally attacked by this post! haha not really but my younger brother got me this shiro figure for my birthday last year. I obviously chose this one over the one of her on all fours in a skimp bikini with cat eats.

@seiya 75 episodes in and they're really gunna make me wait till the last episode for the payout but I made it this far!
“The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one.”
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
Jun 6, 2019 10:21 AM

May 2009
Let's go through my list and see why I dropped stuff that I dropped with prejudice (i.e. not going back to it):

Assassination Classroom: premise felt contrived as heck.

Arakawa under the Bridge: I forgot what it was, but it was most likely a feeling of "what am I watching?", and not in a good way.

Haganai: too many characters were too annoying. I could stand the first two girls thanks to their getting some decent characterization, but when they added in the nun and the scientist those two were just way worse.

Date A Live: contrived premise, contrived fanservice, premise contrived to force fanservice, and actually trying to run dating sim tropes with a straight face and expecting me to take it seriously or something.

DearS: noped out due to fanservice.

Prisma Illya: noped out due to fanservice and an annoying talking stick.

Aria the Scarlet Ammo: I wanted to like this show, as I love the OP and I think Aria looks cool, but the male lead's special power was just too stupid to accept.

Humanity Has Declined: premise felt very contrived and unfun, also awkward humor.

Kill La Kill: the general visual style isn't my thing.

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere: fanservice humor, if I recall correctly.

Lucky Star: I'm just not into this this particular moë style, and Konata is kinda annoying. Ironically, when I first saw it, Lucky Star and Excel Saga were my go-to examples of shows that I didn't like about anime, but I've since found stuff I'd nope out of far faster, compared to which Lucky Star is rather tame.

Machine-Doll: one lead character is irritatingly forward with sexual propositions.

Minami-ke: one of the main characters is annoying in a jerkish ignoring-how-others-feel way which made this unfun to watch.

No Game No Life: contrived premise, also fanservice.

The Sacred Blacksmith: fanservice, also lol glorious katana.

Valkyrie Drive: fanservice.

In summary:
* in-your-face fanservice, particularly when specifically used for humor
* contrived premise setup
* annoying characters
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Jun 6, 2019 10:24 AM
Jul 2018
1) Characters screaming over dumb, mundane things

2) Girl punches guy for no justified reason
Jun 6, 2019 10:24 AM

Jun 2014
Dinoceros said:
@seiya 75 episodes in and they're really gunna make me wait till the last episode for the payout but I made it this far!

I don't know how you managed to watch that many episodes of Maison Ikkoku without dropping it. It's by far, the worst Anime I've ever seen.

Jun 6, 2019 10:28 AM

Dec 2013
The biggest turn off for me is when the author clearly wants to portray the plot one way, but it comes off as something else entirely. Unless it's to the point of being an unintentional comedy.

For example, in FSN every time Shirou tries to be heroic he just comes off as dumb instead.
Jun 6, 2019 10:30 AM

Oct 2008
1. Kill la kill ep 12 (Mako ruins a perfectly good episode) and got me to drop the show for close to six years now. When I've gotten over it, I will return to Kill la kill and this time finish it.

2. For a story to not take of, my patience endured for 17 episodes once. I will never put myself through something like that again. That's the 2nd reason I won't start One Piece, Katekyo Hitman reborn and Gintama.

3. Parody - I despise it

4. Misunderstandings in anime - I strongly dislike them, however I have an example of both good misunderstandings and a bad one. The bad one is "Handa-kun", the good one is "Gamers"
Jun 6, 2019 10:30 AM

Jun 2012
This doesn't necessarily fall in line with the question asked but if there is too much music in the anime, especially bubbly and very happy-go-lucky kind of music, I tend to realize that it's there to fill in for a lack of substance. I am not too heavily focused on substance in the sense of themes, plot or character development, but in the sense of what the anime is offering to its viewer, so when I hear too much music and very little dialogue that can keep my attention, it reminds me of bad American sitcoms with laugh tracks to queue in when I should find something funny. It's as if the anime is telling me that I should be enjoying its premise and atmosphere when there isn't really anything there to be enjoyed in the first place.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Jun 6, 2019 10:38 AM

Apr 2015
I can tolerate a lot of shit and actually search for bad shows to numb my mind enjoy. Isekai or sol tagged as genres won't win me over at least to watch something. Maybe also dere characters and those annoying characters that are sold as being "cute", bonus points if it's a child character and unrealistic one at that.
Jun 6, 2019 10:45 AM

Oct 2008
-Anime where I have trouble understanding the MC such as Overlord (even though I like him in Isekai Quartet)

-Yanderes (edit: their presence is not something that is a red flag-instadrop for me, but something that makes me question if I should continue)

-Graphic violence that is not deserving of the story.
Rainy11Jun 6, 2019 6:46 PM
Jun 6, 2019 11:20 AM

Mar 2018
YossaRedMage said:

The fuck? Nowhere did OP even imply it's morally wrong. Do you really feel offended because he wanted to express his idea of a red flag in anime? And you insult him for that? It's perfectly normal to feel disgusted and turned off by sexualized lolis in anime. You're not helping lolicons here you only care about yourself.

I'm disgusted by them in the same way I am with sexualized males and transgender or whatever turns me off. They make my dick shrink. That doesn't mean I think people who are okay with it are morally wrong, that's insane. If it's all an anime has to offer it's a red flag for me, but I don't watch those kind of anime.

I'm sure this helps the anime community grow closer. God you're crazy

Fuck you for your theories of what is and isn't anime
Fuck you for directly insulting the Japanese creators and fans who like those kind of anime
Fuck you and all your opinions of what constitutes a "real" anime fan
Fuck all your excessive weeaboo opinions
EsquirtitJun 6, 2019 2:00 PM
poop
Jun 6, 2019 11:23 AM
Jul 2018
RolandThsive said:
A cliche scene in the first episode and I will drop that anime right away. I am done with cliches now.

Dang. Don't you think that's a bit much? I mean, every form of storytelling consists almost exclusively of cliches. Are all cliches a red flag for you, or are there specific ones?

wank said:
anything with a loser mc and stunning female side characters with a huge chests/when they have a crush on the loser mc

that's when i know the anime was made for equally loser men who want to insert themselves into the story and fap to fantasies with these pretty girls, when in real life i doubt they've ever even had a fraction of the attention these painfully plain and pathetic mcs get

How did you know my life story?!

Holybaptiser said:
This doesn't necessarily fall in line with the question asked but if there is too much music in the anime, especially bubbly and very happy-go-lucky kind of music, I tend to realize that it's there to fill in for a lack of substance. I am not too heavily focused on substance in the sense of themes, plot or character development, but in the sense of what the anime is offering to its viewer, so when I hear too much music and very little dialogue that can keep my attention, it reminds me of bad American sitcoms with laugh tracks to queue in when I should find something funny. It's as if the anime is telling me that I should be enjoying its premise and atmosphere when there isn't really anything there to be enjoyed in the first place.

Fascinating. This isn't something I've heard of before. In my opinion, anime that rely more on music for atmosphere can be pretty cool, like Texhnolyze (although that series doesn't have any happy go-lucky music). I never noticed what you said, because I rarely pay attention to music in anime. I myself don't like happy go-lucky music in general.

zieek said:
1. Kill la kill ep 12 (Mako ruins a perfectly good episode) and got me to drop the show for close to six years now. When I've gotten over it, I will return to Kill la kill and this time finish it.

I thought Mako was...okay, but not annoying. I'm a little confused why people find her over-the-top personality annoying, in an anime that is over-the-top by nature. Although the other characters aren't nearly as...passionate as Mako in Kill la Kill

zieek said:
2. For a story to not take of, my patience endured for 17 episodes once. I will never put myself through something like that again. That's the 2nd reason I won't start One Piece, Katekyo Hitman reborn and Gintama.

By, "takeoff" do you mean when the conflict in anime rises? It's basic storytelling: Act 1 is the more down-to-Earth introduction, Act 2, shit happens, Act 3 is the climax. Are you talking about anime that stay in Act 1 for too long? I don't think I've ever seen an anime that stays in Act 1 for too long. I don't think One Piece stays in that phase at all. I found One Piece somewhat exciting even in the beginning.

zieek said:
3. Parody - I despise it

How come?

zieek said:
4. Misunderstandings in anime - I strongly dislike them, however I have an example of both good misunderstandings and a bad one. The bad one is "Handa-kun", the good one is "Gamers"

I think a great misunderstanding was in Fate/Zero when:

I thought that was a great, "Oh shit" moment.
But I think I agree. For the most part, I find misunderstandings in anime to be annoying, particularly comedic ones where the girl hits the guy for almost no reason.

NthDegree said:
The biggest turn off for me is when the author clearly wants to portray the plot one way, but it comes off as something else entirely. Unless it's to the point of being an unintentional comedy.

Interesting. Could you list more examples? I'm only asking out of interest.

NthDegree said:
For example, in FSN every time Shirou tries to be heroic he just comes off as dumb instead.

I think FSN was very self-aware in how dumb Shirou was. Then again, it's been years since I watched the original 2009 version by Studio Deen, or UBW by Ufotable. I think you might like the Heaven's Feel movies then: there's less focus on Shirou. He doesn't act dumb.

YossaRedMage said:
Also fuck you.

Wow. I have met many terrible people on MAL but you are the most hot-headed, conflict-seeking, one out of them all.
Unfortunately it's too late for you: I reported you just now.

YossaRedMage said:
I could be a fucking asshole too and complain about being subjected to all kinds of stuff I didn't like.

I think you are mature enough to know that being an, "asshole" does not mean complaining about cartoons.

YossaRedMage said:
I'm so fucking tired of judgmental fucking control freak pricks labelling me and other perfectly good people as pedos.

The OP didn't even mention pedophiles to begin with.

YossaRedMage said:
From the deepest reaches of my soul: Fuck. You.

I think the first, "fuck you" you wrote got that point across.

YossaRedMage said:
I'm sorry but I'm really not in the mood of that crap today.

Based on our past interactions, but especially the behavior you display now, I've come to the conclusion:
You need to see a shrink. I'm not trying to be condescending. Based on your overreacting, you clearly have anger issues, which you take out online. I'm sorry, but nobody here possess any emotional investment in your issues. I repeat: you need to see a shrink.

YossaRedMage said:
Go back to fucking Twitter with your moralizing.

The OP wasn't moralizing anything, and you know that.
removed-userJun 6, 2019 11:44 AM
Jun 6, 2019 11:26 AM
Jul 2018

I am not sure there is anything that could be considered a red flag ... or that would "disgust" me. There are certainly things that I don't like, and thankfully I can choose to drop a show at any time I want, before it gets to the point where I am "disgusted" by it.
I watched a lot of strange stuff out of interest, curiosity - without adding them to my list, cause I never finished those - but after watching parts of Night Shift Nurses, Euphoria and other such lovely shows -.- there's not really much anymore that would overly shock me I think. I could be wrong though *shrugs*
So in short, if I see something I don't like I just stop watching it before it scars me for life and you should do the same.
Jun 6, 2019 11:50 AM

Jun 2012
HopefulNihilist said:
Fascinating. This isn't something I've heard of before. In my opinion, anime that rely more on music for atmosphere can be pretty cool, like Texhnolyze (although that series doesn't have any happy go-lucky music). I never noticed what you said, because I rarely pay attention to music in anime. I myself don't like happy go-lucky music in general.
Don't get me wrong. The use of music, and specifically the use of sound, in quieter series like Tex and Mononoke add a sense of tension and play a great role in the atmospheric presentation they have. What I have in mind tends to be more on the fluffier side of anime production where episodic slice of life series lie. Now, I acknowledge that this isn't true for a lot of slice of life series out there, and that there are indeed many series out there that have scenes where not quite much is happening accompanied with musical scores, but that's not always a demerit. Trying to avoid sounding like a pretentious douchebag, it's something that becomes more noticeable with the more series you watch, especially series that tend to be below average in quality. It can go without being noticed if you don't look for it but I really care for sound and music in anime since I don't like to ignore the audio aspect in the audiovisual.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Jun 6, 2019 11:54 AM

Aug 2013
-Battle shounen
-more than 40% action scenes
-ugly/experimental character design
-3DCG
-forced dark atmosphere
-MUH "mature"
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 6, 2019 11:59 AM

Jan 2019
So much hate for lolis and boobs. I feel bad for all of the busty lolis.

So many animes have at least one of these things in there that people must be throwing up enough red flags to rival Red Army Day. There is nothing wrong with either, you can have loli fanservice and huge boobs and still have a good show and they can often make it better.

That being said shows like Madoka with their faux and surface level sense of the macabre tend to get red flagged.
RinkanReichJun 6, 2019 12:02 PM
Jun 6, 2019 12:09 PM
Jul 2018
DiscoDespot said:
So much hate for lolis and boobs. I feel bad for all of the busty lolis.

So many animes have at least one of these things in there that people must be throwing up enough red flags to rival Red Army Day. There is nothing wrong with either, you can have loli fanservice and huge boobs and still have a good show and they can often make it better.

That being said shows like Madoka with their faux and surface level sense of the macabre tend to get red flagged.

That is exactly why I am against the idea of red-flags. It's like "oh no, red flag!, can't watch that", but you could miss a great show like that. You never know until you try it.
If it gets too booby, or loli, or subtext-y or whatever -.- just drop it.
I nearly missed out on Mononoke cause I was hesitant about the style. No more red flags for me, I'm gonna give everything a try. Or two.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» angry sub only users ( 1 2 )

Yorda_trico - Yesterday

54 by Zarutaku »»
3 minutes ago

» What percentage of anime that you've seen did you pirate? ( 1 2 3 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 13

129 by Seijatachiiii »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Who is the hottest anime mom? (beware of spoilers)

Shizuna - 5 hours ago

12 by 23feanor »»
8 minutes ago

» What anime do you refuse to watch since you have already read the source material?

Kushna - 5 hours ago

13 by Kushna »»
14 minutes ago

» The most beautiful series in visual/artistic aspect? Share your opinion :)

windyshadow - 4 hours ago

16 by W3TFT »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.