Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 6, 2019 5:27 AM

Oct 2010
Your evil government declares war on Japan because it's evil, Japan wants to win it from inside, so they try to bribe you with anime BDs, manga volumes in your native language, dakimakura, animation cels made by your favs, uncensored hentai, sequels for the shows that never got one and all you can think anim stuff.
Would you spy and be a traitor in your country for these weeb reasons? I would do it in a flash for that free BD anime quality and uncensored hentai.
What are your reasons be the answer yes or no. Discuss.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 6, 2019 5:29 AM

May 2016
Under this current administration? Absolutely. Fuck the Republican party--gimme that sweet, sweet Chihayafuru 3 and new season of Ippo.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Jun 6, 2019 5:30 AM

Jun 2016
oh fuck yeah in a heartbeat without question. anime >>> my country
rip.
Jun 6, 2019 5:32 AM

Mar 2015
Sumimasen Mr. President, this is for a Purple Haze Feedback OVA
Jun 6, 2019 5:33 AM

Sep 2014
i would be a spy against my country for free, I don't even need them hentai BDs to convince me
Jun 6, 2019 5:42 AM

Feb 2012
I don't need bribes to betray my country. There's nothing to lose, nothing to gain and nothing to protect. I'd do it just because I'm bored.
Jun 6, 2019 5:45 AM

Aug 2018
I would, especially if it means having more UC Gundam Shows.
Jun 6, 2019 5:57 AM
Feb 2019
I'll do it for more Monogatari, more JOJO, and more Berserk (I hate hiatus)
Jun 6, 2019 5:57 AM

May 2018
I would never do that but the officials of my country are so easily corruptible and it's secrets so transparent that nobody would ask me to do it.
Jun 6, 2019 6:01 AM

Mar 2019
I would happily betray my country were it to declare war on another country for no good reason.

Of course it remains of consideration how likely it is that I get caught.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Jun 6, 2019 6:03 AM
May 2015
Would gladly accept
Free merchandise
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2019 6:04 AM
Oct 2018
No, I wouldn't. My country would bash me forever and I'd just be a plaything of the Japenese.

But you say my country is evil. That makes things more complicated lol
--
Jun 6, 2019 6:08 AM
Aug 2017
consider me sold. I don't see why I wouldn't betray my country lol
Jun 6, 2019 6:11 AM

Apr 2017
SMASH THAT YES BUTTON.

Especially if they can wake up Nagaru Tanigawa from his long sleep and give me a wholesome uncensored hentai by Kyoto Animation and ufotable wìth good plot and epic battles.
Jun 6, 2019 6:11 AM

Jun 2012
lol good joke m8 canada starting up a war haha what an imaginative thing to imagine
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Jun 6, 2019 6:12 AM

Apr 2013
What is this retarded topic and what are these retarded responses
Jun 6, 2019 6:12 AM
Aug 2018
No because there only one country for the Jews (I can't trust the gentiles) so even if the government is evil I couldn't betray my fellow Jews
Living in a middle of a ruined world
Jun 6, 2019 6:15 AM

Jan 2009
>uncensored hentai

im sold i will betray my country for good if that is the case

and there is a difference between nationalism and patriotism (and i hate nationalism)
Jun 6, 2019 6:16 AM

May 2017
More uncensored hentai with more high-quality hentai is enough for me.

"というわけで。待望の、体 操 服! でっあ~る。祭りであれば、余も着飾ってはいられぬと用意したが……うむ! 心身ともに軽くなったようだ。どうだ? 似合っているであろう、マスター?" - Random Quote From Internet by Saber Nero

Jun 6, 2019 6:18 AM

May 2018
No I won't betray my country for anime but I will if given lots of money. With huge money I can choose not to work and buy anime,games and manga.
Jun 6, 2019 6:25 AM

Oct 2010
Holybaptiser said:
lol good joke m8 canada starting up a war haha what an imaginative thing to imagine

Let's say Japan insults ice hockey and everything related to it.
Theoderic said:
No, I wouldn't. My country would bash me forever and I'd just be a plaything of the Japenese.

But you say my country is evil. That makes things more complicated lol

You sound suspicious, are you Hungarian?
Jun 6, 2019 6:33 AM

Nov 2009
I would've betray my country even if the enemy was Uganda and the reward was two buckets of rocks.
Jun 6, 2019 6:34 AM

Jul 2016
If the UK ever declared war on somebody, I'd probably move somewhere else anyway. I've always wanted to visit Turkey, fuck let's go
Jun 6, 2019 6:38 AM

Oct 2010
Keenesleyar said:
I would've betray my country even if the enemy was Uganda and the reward was two buckets of rocks.

Much respect! One glass of Stalinskaya in your honor.
Jun 6, 2019 6:44 AM
Oct 2018
Catalano said:

You sound suspicious, are you Hungarian?

How would being Hungarian make me suspicious? No, I am not.

And what do you mean when you say suspicious?
--
Jun 6, 2019 6:52 AM

Oct 2017
I would want Japan to win, for sure. I have no shame in admitting my weeb level basically makes me a Japanese nationalist. I think Japan is the best country in the world. Even though their mainstream society / culture is still messed up but in different ways than most other countries, this is a place which gave birth to a subculture as amazing as Otaku to exist. So they are doing something right.

However...

Betraying my country sounds risky. I would need a lot more than offered here. Most of the stuff listed I can buy myself, I'm not interested in uncensored hentai or manga in my own language (much rather keep learning Japanese until I can read natively). Only appealing thing you offer is sequel seasons to anime and it's just not enough to risk being locked up for treason.

Offer me 1B Yen and Japanese citizenship and you have a deal.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Jun 6, 2019 6:53 AM

Oct 2010
@Theoderic it was just a bad joke, sorry. The Hungarians are known for being over patriotic, they would never betray their Hungarian values. Your post reminded me of their thinking kinda.
Jun 6, 2019 6:58 AM

Sep 2014
Lmao best thread I ever saw on MAL.

Yes I would, but we have to go over that "native language" shit.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 6, 2019 7:04 AM

Oct 2010
YossaRedMage said:
Offer me 1B Yen and Japanese citizenship and you have a deal.

No! I'll offer instead a Japanese westaboo girl who wants a foreign bf/husband. Imagine talking with her on the phone before your mission: ganbatte! and after: Motto motto kudasai, och*****n wa ooki!
Jun 6, 2019 7:12 AM

Jun 2010
Give me money. I'm not interested in their hentai anime.
Jun 6, 2019 7:13 AM
Aug 2014
I would betray my country for free, and nothing to do with being a weeb.
Jun 6, 2019 7:13 AM
Jul 2018
You made it easy by saying my country is evil. It's easy to rationalize betraying an evil government. Now if it were Japan that's evil... Would I spy for an evil government for anime? I'm badass in this fantasy so I'm going to say yes.
Jun 6, 2019 7:14 AM

Feb 2018
I would do anything for another opm webcomic update, more berserk, the end of, hxh, vinland Saga, kindgdom, and Uchuu Kyoudai.
Jun 6, 2019 7:15 AM

Jul 2016
What is happening with this site? lol
Jun 6, 2019 7:18 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
the awesomeness of anime aside

with how woke the west seems to be getting, at least media wise, i think many of us would

Jun 6, 2019 7:21 AM

Oct 2010
operationvalkyri said:
You made it easy by saying my country is evil. It's easy to rationalize betraying an evil government. Now if it were Japan that's evil... Would I spy for an evil government for anime? I'm badass in this fantasy so I'm going to say yes.

You've earned my respect

xShinigami3125 said:
I would do anything for another opm webcomic update, more berserk, the end of, hxh, vinland Saga, kindgdom, and Uchuu Kyoudai.

And more Teruhashi right...
Jun 6, 2019 7:22 AM

Feb 2018
Catalano said:
operationvalkyri said:

You've earned my respect

xShinigami3125 said:

And more Teruhashi right...

I am honestly not sure, they might ruin her godlike perfectness, but otherwise yea obviously.
Jun 6, 2019 7:34 AM

Oct 2014
i would do it for a place to live free rent free food free web and all the anime/games i would ever want to play
Jun 6, 2019 7:37 AM

Apr 2019
lol americans...you think every country has enought power to declare wars.
Jun 6, 2019 7:39 AM
Apr 2017
Robinne said:
What is this retarded topic and what are these retarded responses
Yeah exactly, tell us.

Abracadabra30
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Jun 6, 2019 8:51 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
No, because I would become a pariah if I get caught and I don’t want my home country to be taken over.
Jun 6, 2019 9:14 AM

Aug 2012
Catalano said:
Your evil government declares war on Japan because it's evil, Japan wants to win it from inside, so they try to bribe you with anime BDs, manga volumes in your native language, dakimakura, animation cels made by your favs, uncensored hentai, sequels for the shows that never got one and all you can think anim stuff.
Would you spy and be a traitor in your country for these weeb reasons? I would do it in a flash for that free BD anime quality and uncensored hentai.
Considering there will be no more Japan in 30-50 years due to low birthrate what would be the point?
Jun 6, 2019 9:17 AM

May 2016
nightcrawlercyp said:
Catalano said:
Considering there will be no more Japan in 30-50 years due to low birthrate what would be the point?

Japan will survive...when they finally realize being socially conservative is the self-destruct button they've been trying to deactivate for so long, and finally open themselves up to immigrants to keep that economy going. Oh, and kill their draconian workplace policies, too.

Jun 6, 2019 9:18 AM

Apr 2017
I wouldn't betray my country for some anime BDs (as much as I love anime). If I honestly believed that what they do is evil I might do it on moral grounds, but that's about it. Generally I wouldn't want to betray the trust I have been given (politicians betraying trust of their voters is one of my biggest issues with current politics, I wouldn't want to be the same).

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
Jun 6, 2019 9:30 AM

Aug 2012
Zelkiiro said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Japan will survive...when they finally realize being socially conservative is the self-destruct button they've been trying to deactivate for so long, and finally open themselves up to immigrants to keep that economy going. Oh, and kill their draconian workplace policies, too.
I doubt it. The appearance of the beautiful ones signals the final phase. And the problem is not being socially conservative. Problem is empowered women do not have children. Taking women's privileges is the only solution but they will never do it. Both SE Asia and W Europe are doomed.
Jun 6, 2019 9:37 AM

May 2016
nightcrawlercyp said:
Problem is empowered women do not have children. Taking women's privileges is the only solution but they will never do it. Both SE Asia and W Europe are doomed.

Doesn't seem to be a problem in the Nordic countries, where women are empowered and yet childbearing is incentivized with 3+ months of paid maternity leave, resulting in both a steady birthrate and higher quality of life for all involved.

So, uhh...no. Don't commit human rights violations.

Jun 6, 2019 9:42 AM

Aug 2012
Zelkiiro said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
Problem is empowered women do not have children. Taking women's privileges is the only solution but they will never do it. Both SE Asia and W Europe are doomed.

Doesn't seem to be a problem in the Nordic countries, where women are empowered and yet childbearing is incentivized with 3+ months of paid maternity leave, resulting in both a steady birthrate and higher quality of life for all involved.

1. Voting is not a human right 2.In my country they have 2 years paid maternal leave what's your point? The age for a woman to have babies is between 16 and 30 and she needs 3 years per baby. If she goes to college and has a career is matematically impossible to have enough babies.3. They still do not reach replacement levels in nordic countries.
Jun 6, 2019 9:48 AM

May 2016
nightcrawlercyp said:
Zelkiiro said:

1. Voting is not a human right 2.In my country they have 2 years paid maternal leave what's your point? The age for a woman to have babies is between 16 and 30 and she needs 3 years per baby. If she goes to college and has a career is matematically impossible to have enough babies.3. They still do not reach replacement levels in nordic countries.

...You're seriously proposing the idea that women are inferior beings who cannot be allowed to vote? That their only purpose is to be broodmares for the state?

Jun 6, 2019 9:54 AM

Feb 2016
We had to fight Viet Kong before. This time i'll be for it since we're fighting for anime!! but the country that i'm in (USA) they seem to be for anime.
Zelkiiro said:
Under this current administration? Absolutely. Fuck the Republican party--gimme that sweet, sweet Chihayafuru 3 and new season of Ippo.
Honestly can't wait for chihyafuru 3. funny how this is the series that got me into "sports anime"
“The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one.”
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
Jun 6, 2019 9:58 AM

Apr 2017
nightcrawlercyp said:
Zelkiiro said:

How exactly does voting stop women from having babies though? And I think that in democratic society that should be essentially basic human, or better said citizen, right. Otherwise it's not a rule of majority. I would say that one line reveals more about your motivations than you can cover up with your economic arguments (which at least make some sense). But I don't think that empowerment itself is an issue. Current issue with birthrates is mostly caused due to lack of incentives to have babies compared to continuous working. Besides with economy as it is now, it's often impossible for single person to provide for a family either. I think that's having a lot more of an effect than empowerment. I don't really see how going backwards is in any way going to help our society.

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

21 by -Ryu »»
7 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst ( 1 2 )

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

54 by watsym »»
7 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 50 minutes ago

7 by LoveYourEyes »»
24 minutes ago

» have you guys watched texhnolyze?

brainburger - Apr 21

37 by animejas »»
30 minutes ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

46 by Maou_heika »»
32 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.