Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 5, 2019 10:10 PM

Jun 2016
Has there been any solid evidence to backup that Wit is dropping AOT? If so, will there be a 4th season from another studio?

Any expectations on when s4 will be and how much of the manga it will cover?

Finally, how close is the manga from being over, and how much has the anime covered?
Jun 5, 2019 10:12 PM

Jan 2009
the manga is about to end in 10-12 chapters i think and that is good for 1 year
Jun 5, 2019 11:06 PM

Apr 2019
there is no absolute confirmation as far as i know but its pretty much 99% confirmed due to the amount of reputable sources

due to the popularity its hard to imagine that no one will pick it up eventually

manga will end in 1-2 years max so yeah
if its only 10-12 chapters as deg said then 1 year, although i dont know whether that information is reputable and where he got it from

that said with a 25 episode season they could finish AOT with Season 4 probably

now when that will be, if that will be since the studio will likely change obviously such things are only written in the stars
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 5, 2019 11:11 PM

Jan 2019
I hope this series Will not suffer from studio change like OPM do. But nothing announced officialy yet. And if still nobody started to animate next season then we have to wait about 2 years for S4.
Merciful lies or painful truth?
Jun 6, 2019 1:36 AM

Jun 2016
Thanks for the replies, still having quite a hard time imagining wit or any studio just dropping one of the most profitable franchises in the industry, but if it is that's a huge rip.
Jun 6, 2019 1:54 AM

Apr 2019
Inorichi said:
Thanks for the replies, still having quite a hard time imagining wit or any studio just dropping one of the most profitable franchises in the industry, but if it is that's a huge rip.

the thing is for WIT it really isn't the most profitable, because there are a lot more parties involved. So the overall profit is smaller than for original works (in their case) kabaneri for example. On top of that AOT has insane production values and they are gonna do Vinland Saga and god knows what else, they just don't have the resources.

pretty sure thats not the only reason
but since WIT is a sub of I.G.Port i think its gonna go to Production I.G eventually
just a personal guess, i also don't think we will see it within 2 years
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 6, 2019 5:55 AM

Sep 2014
Im sad Wit isnt continuing it because I really love their production quality. Especially their detailed backgrounds have always catched my eye since Owari no Seraph.
My guess is it goes to their mother studio, Production IG and that would be alright with me since chances are the team could still work on it.
Comander-07Jun 6, 2019 6:07 AM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 6, 2019 7:37 AM

Aug 2012
Comander-07 said:
Im sad Wit isnt continuing it because I really love their production quality. Especially their detailed backgrounds have always catched my eye since Owari no Seraph.
My guess is it goes to their mother studio, Production IG and that would be alright with me since chances are the team could still work on it.
Bihou, Inc. does the background art.
Jun 6, 2019 10:06 AM
Jul 2018
Momentay said:
I hope this series Will not suffer from studio change like OPM do. But nothing announced officialy yet. And if still nobody started to animate next season then we have to wait about 2 years for S4.
Kodansha wouldnt dare give an unstaffed studio the gig. To them Attack on Titan is there pride.

In regards to season 4, there's alot of exposition. Right now there's material for about 18-20 episodes. Manga will probably finish in one or two years. Most probably there'll be 16 more chapters or 22 more chapters. So yeah, theres alot of material to cover.
Jun 6, 2019 3:52 PM
Aug 2018
The manga is probably going to end in about 7 chapters, putting it at 125 chapters. This means season 4 would probably be about 25 episodes. Or it is possible to release 2 cours of 10 episodes. Either way I expect it to be in the 20-25 episode range. As for release, realistically we should expect late 2020, although if it is split cours the first half could be much earlier.
Jun 6, 2019 3:55 PM
Aug 2018
ABDoesThings said:
Momentay said:
Kodansha wouldnt dare give an unstaffed studio the gig. To them Attack on Titan is there pride.

In regards to season 4, there's alot of exposition. Right now there's material for about 18-20 episodes. Manga will probably finish in one or two years. Most probably there'll be 16 more chapters or 22 more chapters. So yeah, theres alot of material to cover.

You really think the manga will go on for that much longer? I have a hard time believing theres more than 10 chapters left with the way the story is going.
Jun 6, 2019 4:03 PM

Oct 2017
AbeDaBabe21 said:
ABDoesThings said:

You really think the manga will go on for that much longer? I have a hard time believing theres more than 10 chapters left with the way the story is going.

There are still some elements of the world building that need to be tied up that will make it last longer than that in my opinion. Isayama estimated around 1 1/2 year to 2 so it might have another 16 chapters left in it.
Jun 6, 2019 6:53 PM
Jul 2018
TolkienFan365 said:
AbeDaBabe21 said:

There are still some elements of the world building that need to be tied up that will make it last longer than that in my opinion. Isayama estimated around 1 1/2 year to 2 so it might have another 16 chapters left in it.
yeah exactly what i was thinking
Jun 7, 2019 4:46 AM
Mar 2019
Inorichi said:

Any expectations on when s4 will be and how much of the manga it will cover?

Finally, how close is the manga from being over, and how much has the anime covered?
Season 4 is definitely going to be made, even though there has been no announcement until now, wait until episode 10 ends we will see it soon, you need to know this series is very popular in Japan, so it will be difficult to find which studio is suitable for hosting after the season is over this.

while for the manga chapter, ishiyama has said that the story starts nearing its end, but in my opinion it will take a very long time, because there are still many mysteries that have not been revealed in the manga until now.

in my opinion if the WIT news is correct, then there is a possibility that season 4 can be done by other studios, whether it's 2020 which is clear anime won't wait until the manga chapter ends, because maybe the studio will divide the number of episodes into parts, like season 4 part 1 there will be 12 episodes, given the busyness that is engulfing the anime industry.

hopefully the studio that adapted AOT season 4 is a big studio like BONES, SUNRISE, MADHOUSE, et al

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
Apr 23, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.