Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2019 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dang, this was painful to watch especially with Takuya's friend in pain.

On the other hand, we also got some info dump from Mitsuki including about the past and even the Nazca lines. I didn't expect her to try and take the reflective device though. At least Takuya finally reunited with Mio. About time. That forehead kiss :3
Jun 4, 2019 8:38 AM

Aug 2013
Takuya was able to meet up with Mio. But it will be difficult for them to come back to the surface.

Jun 4, 2019 8:53 AM

Oct 2017
That impalement though.

Mio lookin' so cute when she's dere.
Jun 4, 2019 8:54 AM

Feb 2019
They've been foreshadowing that Mitsuki has been brainwashed since about episode 2, so that wasn't exactly a huge shock.

Finding the dead professor seems to show that everyone who investigates that mountain is fanatically stupid. Takuya's father disappeared, the professor died in there, Mio got lost and would probably have died if Takuya didn't figure out where she would be.

Obviously that mountain was some slave mine for the psychite stuff, which probably powers the reflector device.

The clothing on the vision of Takuya's mother at the end, probably indicates she is indeed a member of that civilization, or perhaps people that civilization enslaved to mine the psychite.

Actually, I am now wondering if GeoTech is run by people who have something to do with the ancient civilization that was mining the mountain.
Jun 4, 2019 9:23 AM
Feb 2019
Was expecting from him to do the man with Mio and got satisfied.
That impalement though indeed.
Jun 4, 2019 9:39 AM

Oct 2014
Yuki finally kicked the bucket!! Violently. Yay!!

But then he just haaaad to save him, I guess he just wanted to bring down the prostitute teacher instead to sexually assault her "by accident." At least her voice isn't the equivilant to a screaming chipmunk. When she turned crazy things got exciting. They explained her background well and I'm glad there was some foreshadowing. If there was more set up it would have been more impactful, but at least it did the bare minimum.

By the end it went right back to the normal forced harem shenanigans...
Jun 4, 2019 10:02 AM
Jul 2018
Haha “accidentally” pulls what her name’s skirt down and touches mio’s boob, okay episode kind of confused about the end though.
Jun 4, 2019 10:22 AM
Apr 2019
who the heck said this was just ok? This episode was amazing
Jun 4, 2019 10:22 AM

Oct 2012
Fcuk this shit, they aren't even able to do simple kiss between two characters? Why almost every visual novel anime adaptation out there removes the romance?
I don't get it, they try to portray characters in mature way but still afraid to do something so simple (heck, I'm not even asking for eroscene I'm just pointing out this behavior is very inconsistent with Takuya's character). And I don't even mentioning Kaori at the holel where he came in seek of comfort. If they do the same with Kanna later than it's game over for truthful adapatation. Really, at this point, I have to say play the game instead (and the original one, not the upcoming remake which has probably no romance either).

Takuya is exactly the character who wouldn't acted this way and they simply can't excuse everything with this isn't his universe Ayumi, this isn't his universe Mio, etc.. - yes, he had those doubts but that doesn't stopped him to be swayed by the situation. What's more, Mio kinda asked for the kiss out of nowhere, there was very short dialogue leading to it. Even Mitsuki acted tsundere out of the blue when he pull down her skirt, that was totally OOC, she would remain calm and say something teasing instead.

Imagawa backstory was good though and the rest of the episode mostly too. It just strucked me that he basically strided through the dungeon so easily, the puzzles actually solved itself for him and even the one in the ending was skipped (why was it even there then?)

Seems like the next episode wraps up Mio's route and with amount of episodes in I really hope they won't skip Mitsuki or Eriko.
Mich666Jun 4, 2019 10:26 AM
Jun 4, 2019 10:27 AM
Apr 2019
Mich666 said:
Fcuk this shit, they are even able to do simple kiss between two characters? Why almost every visual novel anime adaptation out there removes the romance?
I don't get it, they try to portray characters in mature way but still afraid to do something so simple (heck, I'm not even asking for eroscene I'm just pointing out this behavior is very inconsistent with Takuya's character). And I don't even mentioning Kaori at the holel where he came in seek of comfort cauise I kinda understood why they removed that one. If they do the same with Kanna later than it's game over for truthful adapatation. Really, at this point, I have to say play the game instead (and the original one, not the upcoming remake which has probably no romance either).

Takuya is exactly the character who wouldn't acted this way and they simply can't excuse everything with this isn't his universe Ayumi, this isn't his universe Mio, etc.. - yes, he had those doubts but that doesn't stopped him to be swayed by the situation. What's more, Mio kinda asked for the kiss out of nowhere, there was very short dialogue leading to it. Even Mitsuki acted tsundere out of the blue when he pull down her skirt, that was totally OOC, she would remain calm and say something teasing instead.

Imagawa backstory was good though and the rest of the episode mostly too. It just strucked me that he basically strided through the dungeon so easily, the puzzles actually solved itself for him and even the one in the ending was skipped (why was it even there then?)

Seems like the next episode wraps up Mio's route and with amount of episodes in I really hope they won't skip Mitsuki or Eriko.

You have to remember that this anime is basically an advertisement for the VN coming out later this year. I am fine without seeing the romance because I know it is still there and when I play the VN I will understand that
Jun 4, 2019 11:09 AM

Oct 2012
elementex said:
You have to remember that this anime is basically an advertisement for the VN coming out later this year. I am fine without seeing the romance because I know it is still there and when I play the VN I will understand that

Yeah, I know that. Still, it makes the novel look more simple and dumb than it really is. Then again, if Steins;Gate could do romance then I can't see why this anime couldn't (the more so when they have protagonist who has even slept with of the characters before). The only thing that could possibly redeem them is if they are actually saving his love interest for the second part of the show.
Jun 4, 2019 11:17 AM

May 2017
Mich666 said:
Fcuk this shit, they aren't even able to do simple kiss between two characters? Why almost every visual novel anime adaptation out there removes the romance?
I don't get it, they try to portray characters in mature way but still afraid to do something so simple (heck, I'm not even asking for eroscene I'm just pointing out this behavior is very inconsistent with Takuya's character). And I don't even mentioning Kaori at the holel where he came in seek of comfort. If they do the same with Kanna later than it's game over for truthful adapatation. Really, at this point, I have to say play the game instead (and the original one, not the upcoming remake which has probably no romance either).

In my opinion, it's GOOD that Takuya didn't kiss her. It portrays him as a person with really a lot of maturity and respect for others. It would have been very easy to take advantage of Mio's vulnerability there, but doing what he did instead (kissing her on the forehead) I think really showed how much he cares for her as a person.
Jun 4, 2019 11:19 AM

Oct 2017
Isn't he able to bring Mio back the same way he duplicated the access card?
There would be one Mio for each of the boys then, lol...

btw. in the first dive Yuki at moments felt a bit too feminine, is this some kind of foreshadowing that there is a route for him too, or it's just the VA?
Jun 4, 2019 11:20 AM

Feb 2019
elementex said:

You have to remember that this anime is basically an advertisement for the VN coming out later this year.

The VN came out 2 years ago in Japan, so I doubt this is an advertisement for it

RainyShadow said:
Isn't he able to bring Mio back the same way he duplicated the access card?

he didn't duplicate the access card. Kaoir had a fake one made and he just stole Ayumi's.

My guess is that he is not sleeping with all of the women, because they chose one of the routes to be his romance route and that is the girl he will end up romancing.
HOOfan_1Jun 4, 2019 11:23 AM
Jun 4, 2019 12:46 PM

Oct 2012
ycleped said:
In my opinion, it's GOOD that Takuya didn't kiss her. It portrays him as a person with really a lot of maturity and respect for others. It would have been very easy to take advantage of Mio's vulnerability there, but doing what he did instead (kissing her on the forehead) I think really showed how much he cares for her as a person.

That's only because they basically stripped all romantic moments from Mio's route, be it their talk on the beach or at the cafe. Even this dialogue had barely any build-up leading to it which is why it would feel out place. But they could easily go for one quick peck or embrace and it would be a lot better. Only children are being kissed on their forehead, and here he basically hinted he has no romantic interest in her. Dunno about you but such kiss would feel really weird to me, and she's almost 18 years old at that. And also talk about viewers expectations - when a character asks for a kiss only to let that moment drop the second later it feels very cheap and underwhelming, the moreso that he knew she loves him. But maybe they would let them kiss the next time, given the episode name. At least I hope for it.
Jun 4, 2019 12:54 PM

May 2017
To people wondering about some of the things that happened in this episode, in the visual novel, he couldn't even use the reflector device inside Triangle Mountain because the psychite at the bottom of the lake gave off interference.

In the VN, the choices were to go down into Triangle Mountain with Yuki or go with Mitsuki.

If you chose Mitsuki, Mitsuki didn't pull the gun out on Takuya until later on. They both got to the coffin room where they encountered the dead body of Imagawa which was pierced by a spear (she killed herself because she didn't want to die from starvation) and Mitsuki screamed and fainted when she saw her body. The lid of the coffin opened up into a staircase that descended down to the lake and Takuya carried Mitsuki down with him on his back. He found Mio there, put Mitsuki down for a second, and as he was talking to Mio, she woke up and pulled the gun out on them. As Mitsuki started clutching her head suddenly trying to fight the hypnosis, Takuya and Mio took off and ran through the water trying to get away from her.

If you chose Yuki, he dies from the trap for real and Takuya continues on alone after being unable to use the reflector device and he can't run back out for help because the entrance was blocked off from more rocks falling. When Takuya reaches Mio alone, the whole scene with Mio plays out as it did, Takuya falls asleep, and then sees his mother like what happened at the end of this episode.

Basically, the anime combined both choices (choosing Yuki vs Mitsuki) into one episode, giving us probably a single ending to her arc. The visual novel for Mio's route actually had two different endings depending on who you chose to take with you.
Jun 4, 2019 12:57 PM

Oct 2017
HOOfan_1 said:

he didn't duplicate the access card. Kaoir had a fake one made and he just stole Ayumi's.

Maybe it wasn't the card, i can't remember it now. But i am sure he was able to bring back something in the earlier episodes.
Jun 4, 2019 2:04 PM

Jun 2011
I enjoyed this episode so much. I had mixed feelings about the first episodes of this anime but lately I'm enjoying it a lot and the story is actually intriguing. This episode felt so climatic to me with the exploring of the mountain. I came to like Mio a lot and her scenes with Takuya at the end were so cute. I kinda expected him to not hiss her on the mouth and I have no issues with that, but I was kinda hoping for something more. Still an enjoyable scene.
Jun 4, 2019 2:55 PM
Jul 2017
Mio half-soaked in the water: took off all her clothes to dry.
Takuya fell into the lake minutes earlier: clothes dried instantly.
Plus all those boob grabs and skirt pulls.
Fan-services really have their own physics lol
Jun 4, 2019 5:38 PM
Jun 2017
Lets see how takuya and mio can be able to return to the surface.hahaha..
Jun 4, 2019 10:35 PM

Oct 2015
I really dislike the fact that this anime tries to include romantic undertones but doesn't even go halfway. It's not even a cock tease. Just pointless at this point if they don't develop it further. Might as well try the VN rerelease for this one
Jun 5, 2019 7:07 AM

Aug 2018
Mitsuki's "betrayal" was expected since we knew Ryuzoji was able to use hypnosis in order to manipulate someone.

Yuki's death actually satisfied me, like he kinda looked for it by rushing into an unknown dangerous place lol. Well it did not deserve to die so I still prefer him to be alive in another world.

Supernatural ending, quite intriguing ! Looking forward next episode to learn more about this place.
Jun 5, 2019 9:42 AM

Jun 2016
damn ... my fantasy going wild when see Mio jus wearing Bra+pantsu with blushy face
Jun 5, 2019 7:51 PM

Oct 2008
You don't turn down a girl especially if she's the one who initiate it!
If Takuya become an old man, he'll become a Chikan train groper! lolz!
5/5.

Jun 5, 2019 9:57 PM
Feb 2009
that scene tho I can't believe he'd turn down the kiss from Mio shes such a babe
Jun 6, 2019 1:38 PM

May 2018
Yep, jaz like in the hentai Mistuki pulls a gun on Takuya........nice lace panty.

Mio, alone with Takuya, nice underwear.

2 fanservices for the day.
Jun 9, 2019 5:34 PM
Jun 2019
Remember at the beginning where he picks up the can and it follows him through the time travel... why didnt he just pick her up while she slept and piggyback her and use the device... saying it out loud makes it sound dumb like how will the others react with the save point right in front of them... if he just shows up with Mio it's free content. And if it doesnt work like they get suspicious just drop her and use it again. And if she doesnt get taken with him just retrace your steps... I know he said he doesnt remember but he should at least try theres no way hes getting out of there...
Yes I've seen the entire episode and no I havnt seen anything but the anime. sorry for the long first post
Jun 11, 2019 10:20 PM

May 2015
I was laughing my ass off when the friend was dying.
Too bad Takuya used his toy to prevent the fool from dying.
Jun 14, 2019 9:42 PM

Feb 2018
A forehead kiss is the right answer. Shimazu is very sexy.
Jun 15, 2019 8:25 PM
Jan 2019
I like this anime more and more. Good episode
I think the scene in which Yuki died was something sad. Luckily, Takuya has the reflector device.
Now we know who Professor Ryuzu was referring to as the "third lost person", it was the teacher they found dead in the cave.
Mitsuki went crazy, the Niarb controls her. How can you get rid of that hypnotism ?.
When Mio asked Takuya for a kiss, I got a little excited. I like that girl He has a really innocent, but courageous attitude. History is his passion.
Takuya proved to be a gentleman 😅
And what about the end of the episode? His mother? 😯
I'm really crazy to discover the secrets of Sankaku mountain, I can not wait.

PS: I'm from Peru and, although it gives me some laughter, I'm proud to show the "Nasca Lines" at the time they reported the journal of the teacher xD.
Jun 22, 2019 11:48 PM

Mar 2019
ycleped said:
Mich666 said:

How can you say that about a kiss after he's gropped the other girl and pulled her skirt down 10 minutes earlier? Maturity and respect? Hahaha
Jun 23, 2019 7:16 AM

May 2017
Swizze said:
ycleped said:

How can you say that about a kiss after he's gropped the other girl and pulled her skirt down 10 minutes earlier? Maturity and respect? Hahaha

Easy, because

1) the scriptwriters writing stupid fanservice into an earlier scene doesn't change the impact or facts of the kiss scene.

2) 'gropping' her and pulling down her skirt were completely accidental because he was stumbling around in the dark and couldn't see. They used the darkness as a means to write in a stupid fanservice scene, but it really wasn't of Takuya's purposeful doing.
Nov 13, 2019 11:41 AM

Jul 2015
Looks like Arima has become a bit too dependent on the device, immediately changing dimensions after Yuki's death instead of continue searching for Mio and know where she is and then change dimension.

Aug 19, 2021 2:27 AM

Aug 2017
So, Mitsuki has been brainwashed all the time. I wonder if she can kill Takuya now.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2019

137 by RepeaterSiroop »»
Feb 16, 12:25 PM

» About Hatano Kanna (Spoilers)

ginchan789 - Apr 10, 2019

42 by RyuuanLinke »»
Feb 7, 11:09 AM

» This anime is underrated

saikyozero - Apr 1, 2023

8 by ShivamLH »»
Jan 18, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

87 by Ara-Ara_Oneesan »»
Jan 13, 2:27 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2019

245 by alana_alexander »»
May 31, 2023 5:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.