Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2019 12:53 AM
Mar 2016
THIS IS A NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.
----------------------------------------
I think the most important thing in this volume was the end, i thought the story was going to develop when that girl appeared and that what happened but I didn't expect it to be like that
Who's Leslie? Why he did that? Who were the two 'kids' he took away?
Are they going to start their adventure from 0? Are they forgotten everything about Yume and Ranta? They are not teammates anymore? Will Haruhiro make a new party with new members ?
One of the things I like about this series that you can't expect anything, looking forward for the 15th volume
Dali14Jun 5, 2019 4:05 AM
Jun 8, 2019 12:42 PM

Jan 2012
Forgot about this series for a while since it sadly never got a second season and the fan trans were as slow as the plot progression of the series and never got far. Are you reading the raws?
Jun 9, 2019 3:57 AM
Mar 2016
Rowd said:
Forgot about this series for a while since it sadly never got a second season and the fan trans were as slow as the plot progression of the series and never got far. Are you reading the raws?

No, it's an official translation

https://j-novel.club/s/grimar-of-fantasy-and-ash/search
Jun 9, 2019 6:08 PM

Jan 2012
Dali14 said:
Rowd said:

No, it's an official translation

https://j-novel.club/s/grimar-of-fantasy-and-ash/search

What! They official translation actually caught up to an ongoing series!? This is the first I've seen of this. Guess its time to actually buy the series.
Jun 14, 2019 11:21 PM

Jun 2012
Thinking of it now in hindsight, Parano is actually just a small world, relatively. But I'm glad that it is so, at least, Haru and Alice were able to have those adventures throughout those mysterious ruins.
Seems like most of the focus of this volume are the citizens of Parano. And knowing that all of them came from Japan, looks like my hunch that Parano is much closer to Earth seems right. Ahiru's musician life was the most interesting one, the King-wanna-be, I couldn't care about a brat. But basically, they're traits are similar to the people sent to Grimgar as well, aren't they a bunch of misfits too.

For the rest of the team, they're quite a worrying bunch as always. I thought Shihoru was a goner this time, that was a close call. It also doesn't help that Kuzaku felt like his mental age keeps regressing. Worst is, Merry is acting creepily like that, or possessed I assume based on her recent dreams. Just when is that explanation going to come out.....At least, Setora was there as the sole salvation for relief's sake. Glad that she was able to buy time for Shihoru.

For the part at the end though, are they back to square one again? Seriously? And that girl, Hiyomu, I honestly can't remember her but I'm curious. I might have to read the early volumes again for that matter so I'll leave my opinion to that laboratory.

@Dali14 I think the two kids that were taken are maybe Alice and Reon for the most likely reasons.
Jun 30, 2019 11:14 AM

Jun 2012
Personnaly I loved this volume thanks to the description character by character. Best character's in this volume are Haruhiro, Alice, Setora and Ahiru. Others are more or less useless but they may be more interesting in the future.

This volume let a lot of questions about links between worlds and why some people erase the memory of newcomer. But I don't think they will restart there adventure from zero because Ranta and/or Yume will finally return to Alterna and found the Haruhiro's plus we don't know how long they were in Parano.
Nov 18, 2019 5:04 PM
Feb 2017
First of all, WTF was that ending? I really don't believe in that hahhahahah
What will gonna happen?
Leslie took Alice and the king, but why? Maybe because of their ego?
I think that haruhiro won't lost his memory at all
Feb 17, 2021 8:44 AM

Aug 2016
Finally finish this last volume, it took me really long time compare to my normal Grimgar reading, but dang, that ending? Soft reboot? Plot thickens? You really did us good this time, but seems Party can unexpectedly get finally back to Alterna... but way different way then we imagine. Ahiru stayed with his love in eternal dream world. I didn't like those character chapter much, but it makes perfect sense. But "king"? Hope he is gone? Alice, Setora? Please stay with Haruhiro and group. Ranta, Yume, please come back and find our party.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Chapter 19 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Mar 22

0 by Zaphkiel_El_Rem »»
Mar 22, 8:42 PM

» Volume 3 review what do you like about it the most

Hello0809 - Nov 22, 2023

1 by Zirotaku »»
Feb 13, 3:46 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Volume 17 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Jul 16, 2021

1 by Martin_Taylor »»
May 17, 2023 7:50 AM

Poll: » Hai to Gensou no Grimgar Volume 15 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Aug 7, 2020

5 by dragon015 »»
Jan 18, 2023 3:15 AM

» Will it ever end?

Yuyu-haku-bro - Sep 11, 2021

5 by dragon015 »»
Jan 18, 2023 3:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.