Forum Settings
Forums

If there was a historic anime set in your country, what would it be about?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 4, 2019 9:44 AM

Jul 2017
Well, since i am from Portugal, it would clearly be about the Portuguese Discoveries around the 15th and 16th centuries. I'd actually wanna see something like that. It would be an awesome maritime adventure anime indeed. The epic journey to India and beyond! We basically discovered most of the world.
WaterLordJun 4, 2019 9:47 AM
Jun 4, 2019 9:45 AM
Aug 2018
For my country it would have been the Vikings
Jun 4, 2019 9:57 AM

Jul 2016
Probably something about Elizabeth I, or Victoria. They're usually the go-to when thinking about UK history. Maybe Henry XIII, but it'd be kind of difficult to make that guy's life fun watch.
Anyway, we've already got The Ancient Magus Bride, I'm happy with that.
Jun 4, 2019 10:00 AM

Mar 2016
Vinland Saga.

Or some kind of Winter War anime i guess.
Jun 4, 2019 2:11 PM

Apr 2015
The only things I can think of for my country, being the netherlands, I would say something with World War II or Michiel de Ruyter would definitely be something interesting. Also the VOC would be a nice subject for an historical Anime.
Jun 4, 2019 2:51 PM

Aug 2010
I guess i would be about a bunch of white people showing up and killing the natives
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Jun 4, 2019 3:09 PM
Jul 2018
For ancient Greece, Historie and Heureka manga got me covered.
for modern Greece, Porfy no nagai tabi, despite being based on a French novel
Jun 4, 2019 3:33 PM

Feb 2013
Since my country is not so well known as it is a small country in the eastern Europe, probably it will be about vampires and medieval wars, as it was many times conquered and had to fight against impossible odds against ottomans with little to no support from the neighbouring countries.
Jun 4, 2019 4:04 PM
Feb 2019
If it happens, surely it would be about the precolumbian era, and as it's about native people, I wouldn't be surprised if they would add fantasy elements; although I would like to see something about the bipartisan conflict, it would be interesting... strange, but interesting.
Jun 4, 2019 5:06 PM

Jun 2013
The most likely answer would be an adaptation of this. Something about WWII would make sense too though.

If I could pick anything I'd go with the interwar (1918-1939). Tons of political tension and intrigue, struggles to rebuild the country, a succesful coup d'état, wars, all that stuff. Would make for a nice drama with the leadup to WWII, not unlike Rose of Versailles.
Jun 4, 2019 5:18 PM

Sep 2018
Magisty said:
Germany invading Norway and uh, Norway losing after 3 months / Vikings killling ppl
OOoohh "Vikings: The Anime"

I'd watch the heck out of that, but only if it was rated R+

On topic, maybe an anime about hippies? Or the lady suffrage or slavery.

Jun 4, 2019 5:34 PM
Viking
Jul 2016
There'd be a ton of slaughter and discussions, just like the actual Vikings tv-show :) Fits perfectly for Norway :p
Ace of Spades
Jun 4, 2019 5:53 PM

Sep 2018
About the Aztec or the Maya probably.
Jun 5, 2019 11:11 AM

Nov 2018
GERXjakobson said:
I'm from Germany and if the Anime comes out in 20 years or so it will probably be about the downfall of it's values through barbaric muslim-heathens.

wouldn't that be a different timeline tho?
Jun 5, 2019 1:26 PM
Jul 2018
yeti123full said:
In a dystopian future, humanity's favourite hobby is watching bulls kill each other gladiator style. After years of suffering, the bulls decide to rebel against society, and they do it by breaking through all of the campaments they prison in them.
Humanity cannot defend themselves from this coordinated attack, and later on, with almost of the world population wiped out, they decide to build a city surrounded by walls where they can live in peace. Or they thought...

That sounds like Deadman Wonderland meets Attack On Titan.
Jun 5, 2019 1:35 PM

Nov 2018
GERXjakobson said:
ShockZz said:

wouldn't that be a different timeline tho?

That was just a thought I had, but you can interpret it the way
you like. You can also use that as Naruto-Fanfic material.
The plot could be that Naruto fall through a supermassive plot-hole
and lands in Sharia-Germany. It's all up to you, have fun.

imagine someone feeling attacked bc I made a joke about him saying that the muslims are bringing the downfall of our values xD

anyways I'm not a big fan of fanfiction, that said he'd probably be very welcome in sharia-germany
Jun 5, 2019 1:56 PM

Nov 2018
imagine someone feeling attacked bc I made a joke about him saying that the muslims are bringing the downfall of our values xD

anyways I'm not a big fan of fanfiction, that said he'd probably be very welcome in sharia-germany

GERXjakobson said:
Imagine someone makes a joke about you because you expressed
your deepest worries about what may happen to your country.
That's pretty sad, if you ask me.

smh I made jokes about other posts as well, problem with yours is that germany wouldnt even exist as it does today without muslims; and dont worry I understand your worries, there is an insane amount of people who came here as refugees but as long as they want to learn our language I'm absolutely fine with it and I think thats a wrap, bc if we continue this thread will be closed xD
Jun 5, 2019 2:14 PM
Nov 2017
I'm from Italy, there's already JoJo ahahha
Jun 5, 2019 2:17 PM

Jan 2017
Tbh I wouldn't mind Polish classic "Lalka" to be adapted into anime, it was a damn solid story
Jun 5, 2019 6:41 PM

May 2017
I’m from Italy... I guess it would be really cool an Historical/Supernatural/Action/Psychological about the Roman Empire: with the Emperors (or someone close to them) as Main Character, with the presence of the gods as a supernatural element (without humans having crazy superpowers of any), without having said gods’ intervention, just as they’re described: wanting to have fun; and maybe talking about the wars and psychological issues of the people and the Emperors of that time...
I think it would be really cool: an extravagant and quite messed up idea... yeah...
Jun 5, 2019 6:54 PM

Mar 2019
Probably the American Civil War.

I need more characters.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2019 2:05 AM

May 2018
CheyneGreene said:
2 arab guys roaming the desert with camels

Sounds suitable for a gag comedy show (you know it's a long and harsh ride so thos guys are doing some small talk) or caravan slice of life...maybe both.
I mean I don't know anything about crossing the desert that could be interesting to me.

cursed_universe said:
Tbh I wouldn't mind Polish classic "Lalka" to be adapted into anime, it was a damn solid story

I would go with "Krzyżacy" aka "The Knights of the Cross"...but this is my outside view and I never read "The Doll".
Jun 6, 2019 2:17 AM

Oct 2011
making pizza and pasta of course...
Jun 6, 2019 2:49 AM

Jan 2016
As an italian an anime about Venezia and the fourth crusade would be fun.
Jun 6, 2019 2:55 AM
May 2019
For me it would probably be about Vikings. Vikings are our pride over here. Other than that my country hasn't done anything cool.
Jun 6, 2019 3:05 AM
Apr 2018
In my case it'd be about the Vietnam war in an alternate timeline. Instead of the South, the North'd be the one to go down.
Jun 6, 2019 3:08 AM

Mar 2019
Hey, Supernatural features some American ghost stories I've already got what I want. There could be some interesting stories about Portugal though.
Jun 6, 2019 3:10 AM

Jan 2019
Likely the Arthurian Legend, even though it's myth as opposed to real history.

Jun 6, 2019 7:38 AM

Jun 2019
iasuru said:
making pizza and pasta of course...

I was looking for this. A 12 episode anime, where each episode is a different kind of food.
You're just as sane as I am
Jun 6, 2019 7:56 AM
Apr 2017
Přemysl otakar II, charles IV and the pražská defenestrace would make for some neat anime, I'm sure.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Jun 6, 2019 8:02 AM

Oct 2017
violence, discrimination, and political conflict between penguins
Jun 6, 2019 9:37 AM

Jan 2016
Some action flick around the idea of someone from the slums eitherabout a crime syndicate leader or a police officer whether it's based on real life or entirely fictional.
Jun 6, 2019 9:41 AM

May 2016
In Colonial High, under the iron thumb of the Britannia League Student Council, Thomas Paine-kun desperately tries to get Benjamin Franklin-senpai to notice him.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - 9 hours ago

22 by H-A-M-M-Y »»
40 seconds ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers?

Alpha_1_Zero - 21 minutes ago

7 by Theo1899 »»
3 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

71 by Kundi-Man »»
6 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

94 by traed »»
9 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

210 by perseii »»
33 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.