Can Aot Make it to number #1?
Yes
44.5%
No
55.5%
393 votes
Jun 3, 2019 7:59 AM
Jul 2017
I guess maybe Aot can get number #1 over fmab because of recent events of Aot season 3 part 2

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 3, 2019 8:01 AM

Jan 2013
People could be crazy enough to make it happen, but it's eventually gonna cool down and end up somewhere around 10 or 15 anyway.

Not that I feel FMA:B deserves first place either.
Jun 3, 2019 8:02 AM
Jan 2018
No .im suprised the score it's still high it will drop next episode surprised it hasn't dropped yet currently Considering what's happend
Jun 3, 2019 8:05 AM
Mar 2019
in my opinion yes, if later season 4 comes
Jun 3, 2019 8:10 AM

May 2018
No, it can't. FMA:B got this title through a near perfect adaption from beginning to end, from a manga that is just as well received through all demographics.
But other than that: AoT S3P2 certainly deserves a spot in the all time 100, and that rightfully as it adapts the most hype part up to the current stories point. While being a well received show itself.

More importantly, what's in people's minds creating all those threads one after another? Care to ellaborate, OP?

"Omg, the score is rising again. Quick, gotta create a "unique" thread about it."

Jun 3, 2019 8:10 AM

Oct 2013
Mattinator95 said:
No .im suprised the score it's still high it will drop next episode surprised it hasn't dropped yet currently Considering what's happend

For reference, the score has actually gone up a lot since the release of episode 6 to my surprise.

The last time I check the stats was hours before the airing of episode 6 it had 49.6% rated it a 10/10, I have just checked it now and it's rising at a blistering pace at 50.6% 10/10.

Mal takes a while before it updates the score so in reality its score should be around 9.17/18 at this moment, so expect an increase every day.

I honestly was not expecting so many persons to love this episode, but they did base on the upvotes, so at this point I don't know how anime only will feel about next episode, we shall see.

Jun 3, 2019 8:14 AM
Jul 2017
ArrRti said:
No, it can't. FMA:B got this title through a near perfect adaption from beginning to end, from a manga that is just as well received through all demographics.
But other than that: AoT S3P2 certainly deserves a spot in the all time 100, and that rightfully as it adapts the most hype part up to the current stories point. While being a well received show itself.

More importantly, what's in people's minds creating all those threads one after another? Care to ellaborate, OP?

"Omg, the score is rising again. Quick, gotta create a "unique" thread about it."

Fmdb was perfect adaptation
But Aot was divided into seasons and wait kills the hype

There's still a hope that aot could beat fmab
Jun 3, 2019 8:32 AM

Oct 2013
For anyone that is interested.

Jun 3, 2019 8:32 AM
Jan 2018
keragamming said:
Mattinator95 said:

For reference, the score has actually gone up a lot since the release of episode 6 to my surprise.

The last time I check the stats was hours before the airing of episode 6 it had 49.6% rated it a 10/10, I have just checked it now and it's rising at a blistering pace at 50.6% 10/10.

Mal takes a while before it updates the score so in reality its score should be around 9.17/18 at this moment, so expect an increase every day.

I honestly was not expecting so many persons to love this episode, but they did base on the upvotes, so at this point I don't know how anime only will feel about next episode, we shall see.

It's been pretty tame . It's just most manga readers and ex manga readers having an argument other a fictional Story
Jun 3, 2019 8:39 AM

Dec 2015
For a short period of time? Yes. Your Name achieved that as well. But stay? I doubt it. First because of the Fmab fanboys that won't let anything get close to their perfect anime. And second, don't forget SNK is hated by a lot of people here. For now, I'm happy the show is getting the recognition it deserves
Jun 3, 2019 8:40 AM

Apr 2018
"Hey, a thread about "Can AOT reach the 2nd place in MAL?" Is already got taken down by the mods, how about we make another thread about "can AOT reach the 1st place in MAL?", Sounds good right?"
Jun 3, 2019 8:41 AM

Sep 2018
Number 3 is already way to high in my opinion, its not a bad show by any means and its hype as hell but no where near as political as LOTGH or as emotional as shouwa genroku rakugo shinjuu or 3-gatsu (to name some examples),its not complex it has not much depth and no wear near top 10,30 or even 40 worthy Characters, it should be top 30 or 20 but not more in my opinion (or at least everything before Season 4), to come back to your question i actually doubt it its still airing so it will go down for sure.
Jun 3, 2019 8:55 AM
May 2019
Mattinator95 said:
keragamming said:

It's been pretty tame . It's just most manga readers and ex manga readers having an argument other a fictional Story

Theres nothing wrong with debates over fictional storytelling, as long as its civil.
Jun 3, 2019 8:58 AM
Jan 2018
Weebover9000 said:
Mattinator95 said:

Theres nothing wrong with debates over fictional storytelling, as long as its civil.

Ture but it looked like it's getting heated
Jun 3, 2019 9:02 AM
Jul 2018
I highly doubt it, and its quite probable that after the season ends it'll be pushed down and out of the top 10. I really hope that it can keep its place in the top 10, since this is probably one of the greatest arcs of the series, and I'm even more enticed to the anime than I was to the manga, contrary to my predictions. I'd say it completely deserves to at least remain in the top 7.
Jun 3, 2019 9:04 AM

Apr 2019
yea the stat distribution is almost the same as FMA's
but it won't happen because haters are gonna hate lmao

You son of a .. turtle

Jun 3, 2019 9:42 AM
May 2017
Even permanently I really don't know. There's a large margin between the 2.
Jun 3, 2019 9:47 AM
Apr 2019
FMAB's legacy surely can't be overthrown.Most of the anime watchers have grown up watching FMAB.They simply can not accept losing it the first position. They feel that FMAB is an icon which can't be replaced. So,despite all the greatness AOT S3 part2 bears, it can't be in number 1.
Jun 3, 2019 9:50 AM
Apr 2019
thiago52192 said:
For a short period of time? Yes. Your Name achieved that as well. But stay? I doubt it. First because of the Fmab fanboys that won't let anything get close to their perfect anime. And second, don't forget SNK is hated by a lot of people here. For now, I'm happy the show is getting the recognition it deserves
thiago52192 said:
you are right.Unpleasant truth.
Jun 3, 2019 10:02 AM
May 2018
FMAB is such top tier anime but animes like Steins Gate, Haikyuu, SNK, Mob Psycho, HXH have better enjoyment than FMAB. Ratings are not based on the greatest but the least hated.
My answer is SNK is not going to be top 1.
Jun 3, 2019 10:05 AM

Oct 2018
I can see it happening for a brief time but not forever.~

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Jun 3, 2019 10:30 AM

Jan 2019
I probably will never understand why people care so much about mal scores.

Just watch the show and enjoy it. Everyone will rate it how they want and making another thread about 'if my favorite show can be number #2 or #1 or whatever' doesn't change anything.
Jun 3, 2019 10:56 AM
Nov 2017
AOT is now at no.2, with a score of 9.14. it's score increased by nearly 0.1 in the past two weeks, so if the next few episodes are as good or better, it's not unrealistic for further increases.
But I do agree that it's likely to drop after it finishes airing. Many people are waiting for it to finish before watching or voting, so we'll likely to see some score changes after the season finishes airing.
Jun 3, 2019 11:09 AM
Oct 2018
Mullerio said:
Number 3 is already way to high in my opinion, its not a bad show by any means and its hype as hell but no where near as political as LOTGH or as emotional as shouwa genroku rakugo shinjuu or 3-gatsu (to name some examples),its not complex it has not much depth and no wear near top 10,30 or even 40 worthy Characters, it should be top 30 or 20 but not more in my opinion (or at least everything before Season 4), to come back to your question i actually doubt it its still airing so it will go down for sure.

'No depth. Not complex'. Hahaha I Hope you're an anime only
Jun 3, 2019 11:13 AM

Apr 2013
Everyone talk about between AoT & FMAB, but neither look on the movie that reach top 3 spot before & now...and if hyped is real like that movie, the future movie that come from the same director is also coming next month, so that maybe we have another challenger for top anime in MAL database, at least...
Jun 3, 2019 11:20 AM

Sep 2018
Nik03178 said:

'No depth. Not complex'. Hahaha I Hope you're an anime only

I was talking about the anime, i read the manga and i agree after Chapter 90 it improves a lot with one of the best war arcs in manga history but prior to that i dont think it "deserves" a spot in the top 3.
Jun 3, 2019 11:31 AM
Aug 2018
Mullerio said:
Mullerio said:

Aot no depth or complexity? Yeah you disnt even pay attention. It certainly has more than fmab lol.
Jun 3, 2019 11:35 AM
Sep 2018
Honestly it does not deserve it at all.
Jun 3, 2019 11:37 AM

Oct 2013
Lucette_C said:
AOT is now at no.2, with a score of 9.14. it's score increased by nearly 0.1 in the past two weeks, so if the next few episodes are as good or better, it's not unrealistic for further increases.
But I do agree that it's likely to drop after it finishes airing. Many people are waiting for it to finish before watching or voting, so we'll likely to see some score changes after the season finishes airing.

At this very moment, I don't think its likely to drop at this moment unless the last 4 episodes disappoint fans, because if fans love what happen in the last 4 episode, then it will only go up further.

Plus 45k voters is a good enough sample size to determine that the score would not change much if all those people started to score the series.

If you ask a 10k sample size of people a question like, which super hero you like more, between superman and Wonder woman and you have 9k of those persons voting for superman, then no matter if you add 50k more or even 100k more person the difference would still be close to the 90% of folks who voted for superman.

Jun 3, 2019 11:38 AM
Sep 2018
Snkmasterpiece said:
Mullerio said:
Mullerio said:

Aot no depth or complexity? Yeah you disnt even pay attention. It certainly has more than fmab lol.

Where exactly did you find depth in AoT exactly? It never was about depth it was purely on suspense and spectacle which it delivered in spades but at the cost of well-written characters (of course some exceptions exist) and a well-written story.
Jun 3, 2019 11:42 AM

Jun 2017
I hope this trash will never be in top 10 for a long timespan but the score growth after episode 6 is a proof that most of the voters are complete idiots and rankings dont matter at all

Jun 3, 2019 11:43 AM

Oct 2013
FuegoIndigo2 said:
Snkmasterpiece said:

Where exactly did you find depth in AoT exactly? It never was about depth it was purely on suspense and spectacle which it delivered in spades but at the cost of well-written characters (of course some exceptions exist) and a well-written story.

It always had depth, it just wasn't in your face, snk is a very subtle series that most don't realise, but don't you worry, once the basement secrets is reveal, the pandora box will be open and you will see exactly what this series is really about.
Jun 3, 2019 11:44 AM
Nov 2017
keragamming said:
Lucette_C said:

At this very moment, I don't think its likely to drop at this moment unless the last 4 episodes disappoint fans, because if fans love what happen in the last 4 episode, then it will only go up further.

Plus 45k voters is a good enough sample size to determine that the score would not change much if all those people started to score the series.

If you ask a 10k sample size of people a question like, which super hero you like more, between superman and Wonder woman and you have 9k of those persons voting for superman, then no matter if you add 50k more or even 100k more person the difference would still be close to the 90% of folks who voted for superman.

That's true, unless the next few episodes are really badly done (which I don't think it would be), we're likely to see a continued score rise over a month or so. And I think this season is definitely going to maintain in the top 10-20ish at least. Although a slight decrease in score is pretty common after a show finishes airing, but hopefully AoT should maintain an overall high score, this season honestly deserves it.
Jun 3, 2019 11:51 AM

Nov 2007
"Over my dead body" every other FMA:B fan.

Look what happened to Gintama°. It was rated 9.34 after the SA and FS arcs which are unparalleled to anything to date I have seen.

Also, this thread gonna be locked.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 3, 2019 11:54 AM
Apr 2019
IdleSolution said:
I hope this trash will never be in top 10 for a long timespan but the score growth after episode 6 is a proof that most of the voters are complete idiots and rankings dont matter at all

Lol nobody cares about your opinion. Keep crying over your favourite anime.
Jun 3, 2019 11:55 AM
Apr 2018
It probably will but only for a short amount of time imo.
MrBluebear said:
Everyone talk about between AoT & FMAB, but neither look on the movie that reach top 3 spot before & now...and if hyped is real like that movie, the future movie that come from the same director is also coming next month, so that maybe we have another challenger for top anime in MAL database, at least...
True. I guess it's kinda silly, but I'm looking forward to what score tenki no ko ends up having here.
Jun 3, 2019 11:55 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
No. I think it's about reached its peak at this point. Will be difficult to get any higher than it currently is. It'll probably slowly drop off a bit, then jump up a little again with the 1/5 boost when it ends, followed by another slow drop off period when it's finally over
Jun 3, 2019 12:04 PM

Oct 2013
nekoeren said:
even though i would like to see that happen i feel the gap is just way too big

It was at 9.06 just last week and its now at 9.14, its going up really fast.

HaXXspetten said:
No. I think it's about reached its peak at this point. Will be difficult to get any higher than it currently is. It'll probably slowly drop off a bit, then jump up a little again with the 1/5 boost when it ends, followed by another slow drop off period when it's finally over

Prepare to be blown away, it should actually be at 9.18 at this moment but mal updates take a while to update its score.

3 hours ago it was at 50.6% as you can see in my earlier post with the comparison with fmab now its at 50.8% 10/10 votes. It is going up so fast mal algorithm ranking can't keep up.

Don't be surprise by time the next episode reaches it will be at 9.20. I've been predicting where it would be every week and I have been spot on.
Jun 3, 2019 12:09 PM
Aug 2016
AoT is better than FMA:B so this season at least should knock it down from its throne
Jun 3, 2019 12:18 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
keragamming said:
nekoeren said:

HaXXspetten said:

Prepare to be blown away, it should actually be at 9.18 at this moment but mal updates take a while to update its score.

3 hours ago it was at 50.6% as you can see in my earlier post with the comparison with fmab now its at 50.8% 10/10 votes. It is going up so fast mal algorithm ranking can't keep up.

Don't be surprise by time the next episode reaches it will be at 9.20. I've been predicting where it would be every week and I have been spot on.
You can't just look at it like that: Kimi no Na wa has more 10/10s in percentage than SnK does too and only a third as many 1/10s yet it's still at 9.13 only. I guess one could technically do the math with the actual score formula if you want but eh I'll just wait and see what happens lol
Jun 3, 2019 12:19 PM

Sep 2018
keragamming said:
nekoeren said:

HaXXspetten said:

Maybe AOT surpass FMA:B in a while, but with the time the score goes down... Or maybe not, we dont know yet
I keep moving forward
Jun 3, 2019 12:33 PM

Oct 2013
HaXXspetten said:
keragamming said:

You can't just look at it like that: Kimi no Na wa has more 10/10s in percentage than SnK does too and only a third as many 1/10s yet it's still at 9.13 only. I guess one could technically do the math with the actual score formula if you want but eh I'll just wait and see what happens lol

I get what you are saying, but that is not what I base my assumption from. I've been paying closer attention to the stats and not the score itself, say snk was at 49.5% 10/10 votes, by time it reaches 49.7% it would increase, I'm not sure how long mal scores takes to update but base off what I've seen it happens every 15 hours or so.

The point I'm making is that the 10/10 votes are increasing so fast that mal will always be behind unless it slow down.

Episode 6 was release yesterday it was 49.9% at 9.12 now do you notice today it jump to 9.13 and then 9.14 a few hours later? It shows that that the algorithm is trying to catch up to the the amount of upvotes its getting.

It took about 2 days for snk to jump from 9.12 to 13, but only a couple of hours to jump to 9.14. Thinking about it now, it seems the faster the 10/10 score the quicker the score goes up.

episode 5 boost lost it steam and episode 6 took over and imo is even boosting the series score even faster than episode 5.

@WarFirel

I know, but I find it interesting to follow its score and to see how far it has come from.
keragammingJun 3, 2019 12:36 PM
Jun 3, 2019 1:03 PM
FMAB is the BEST

Aug 2017
thiago52192 said:

Its funny to me how you call everyone who loves FMAB a fanboy. And I don't say its a perfect anime nothing is perfect but is it the closest thing to perfect hell yeah it is and that is why it will stay at number 1 for a long time to come.
Greed has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed.
Jun 3, 2019 1:21 PM

Nov 2013
HxH is the one deserve first place, fuck FMAB..
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Jun 3, 2019 1:23 PM
Aug 2018
As a manga reader, after the basement reveal it probably will.
Jun 3, 2019 1:25 PM

Jul 2016
With booster accounts, the score gonna be increase.

Jun 3, 2019 1:25 PM

Sep 2012
So far I prefer this arc to FMA:B, but that's the problem, we're comparing a random arc of AoT to the entirety of FMA:B with its ups and downs. For that reason, I hope FMA:B will stay up front.

It's a bit ridiculous to have a season of AoT as number 1 when the others are not even top 100 especially when all in all, it's really the same story and only stupid people would start Season 3 part 2 without watching the rest. But unfortythat's how MAL rankings work
Jun 3, 2019 1:35 PM
Dec 2015
I'm an AoT fan and i've already read the manga but I didnt expect the score to be this high. The adaptation so far is 10/10, actually they even improved some scenes.
I not so sure if it will beat FMAB, considering the fact that the next episodes will be even better because of the basement and other stuff.
Jun 3, 2019 1:36 PM

Jan 2015
Mullerio said:

That is your opinion. IMO shouwa genroku and 3gatsu are very much overrated, overdramatic boring shows. So which one of us is right now?

To be on topic, if this had the popularity of season1 it could get NO1, but since much less people add it to their list, the ppl who give it a 1/10 out of hate will have a bigger impact, so it will probly be 2. after fma, which has over 1 million members.
Jun 3, 2019 1:39 PM
Dec 2015
BestBoiEren said:
Mullerio said:

That is your opinion. IMO shouwa genroku and 3gatsu are very much overrated, overdramatic boring shows. So which one of us is right now?

To be on topic, if this had the popularity of season1 it could get NO1, but since much less people add it to their list, the ppl who give it a 1/10 out of hate will have a bigger impact, so it will probly be 2. after fma, which has over 1 million members.

Aot is also overrated, i mean, every popular show is... but in the end its just a matter of opinion
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

548 by ARTisANexplosion »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
Apr 23, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.