Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Who would you choose to revive?
Jun 2, 2019 7:55 PM

Sep 2016
——— Episode 6 spoiler alert ———

So after much consideration Levi decided to revive Armin instead of Erwin.
Reasons include Armin’s dream vs Erwin’s dream, Erwin’s mental struggle being the captain, etc.

But if you were the one holding the serum instead of Levi, who would you choose to revive? Why?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 2, 2019 7:59 PM
Aug 2017
My nervous ass would've dropped the syringe shattering it.

But I would give it to Armin for the same exact reason as Levi; Putting Erwin to rest and fulfilling Armin's full potential and dreams.
Jun 2, 2019 8:07 PM
Nov 2014
Rod Reiss showed that even a few drops can turn someone into a titan. I would inject half into Armin and half into Erwin and let them fight. The winner gets Berthold. The loser gets to be kept alive in Hange's titan cage in case Reiner or Zeke or Platypus is captured alive later on.
Jun 2, 2019 8:35 PM

Sep 2016
brightmoose said:
Rod Reiss showed that even a few drops can turn someone into a titan. I would inject half into Armin and half into Erwin and let them fight. The winner gets Berthold. The loser gets to be kept alive in Hange's titan cage in case Reiner or Zeke or Platypus is captured alive later on.

But the transformation of Rod is not completed iirc, which means it can be fatal to both of them if only half serum was injected
Jun 2, 2019 9:00 PM

Apr 2019
Armin is more useful.
He has more plans, he notices things Erwin doesn't like Reiner being inside the Wall surprised Erwin, he didn't think of that.

Thats if we are talking usefulness for Humanity.

Personal feeling wise id give it to Erwin.
The dude was 1 step in front of the Basement and died without getting his Answers, fuck that.
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 2, 2019 9:03 PM

Oct 2017
Erwin because it's pretty obvious that he's far more important than Armin. And I'm sure if Erwin was alive then most of the events that happen after this would have had a different outcome.

Though, Erwin hesitated when Levi was about to inject the serum. So the outcome would be the same i.e. choosing Armin instead.
Jun 2, 2019 9:12 PM

Jul 2014
Erwin just because I did not want this to happen:

Jun 2, 2019 9:13 PM

Jan 2009
Erwin is my choice since he is more of a commander/leader than Armin is anyway
Jun 2, 2019 9:55 PM
Nov 2018
MegaMK said:

But I would give it to Armin for the same exact reason as Levi; Putting Erwin to rest and fulfilling Armin's full potential and dreams.
he got shocked when he heard the line(sth like sensei how are u so sure..), and after that he decided to inject the syringe to armin, so what was that line conveying. and why he injected syringe to armin rather than erwin?
Jun 2, 2019 9:56 PM

Feb 2016
armin ofc

i don't want to see any sasageyo memes again
Yolo
Jun 3, 2019 12:31 AM

Sep 2016
Haruhiro610 said:
armin ofc

i don't want to see any sasageyo memes again

#ErwinDidNotDieForThis
Jun 3, 2019 12:36 AM

Jan 2009
Healmeplz said:
Erwin just because I did not want this to happen:

do young people today even know who He-man is? lol nice meme though
Jun 3, 2019 1:13 AM
Jun 2019
obviously armin because I think the same way as Levi.
Jun 3, 2019 1:31 AM
Jan 2019
Armin because I think that the new shifters have to be young in order to maximize the titan transformation power. If the people outside the walls would really want the job done, they would not be sending kids to attack. There has to be a reason for doing that.

Also, we've seen in what bad shape the previous king got after transforming and I think he was younger than Rod, right?

To sum up, Armin mainly because he is younger.
Jun 3, 2019 1:38 AM

Jul 2012
Erwin because i dont care about the plot armor Armin has. He is a weakling and only alive because he is mangaka's favorite
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 2019 1:39 AM
Nov 2014
cities516 said:
brightmoose said:

But the transformation of Rod is not completed iirc, which means it can be fatal to both of them if only half serum was injected

That bigass titan is complete as far as i can see. Rod never mentioned anything about the effects of incomplete injection. The reason Rod's titan became weird is because of Rod himself (either the body or something inside him). As Rod said to Historia, "I must not become a titan" which means Rod knew that him becoming a titan would be catastrophic. The little amount of the liquid itself played no role in making his titan weird.
Jun 3, 2019 1:42 AM

Jan 2013
Erwin, because Armin isn't really worth saving over him.
Jun 3, 2019 1:44 AM
Nov 2014
ibrabbit said:
MegaMK said:

he got shocked when he heard the line(sth like sensei how are u so sure..), and after that he decided to inject the syringe to armin, so what was that line conveying. and why he injected syringe to armin rather than erwin?

Erwin slapped Levi's hand when he tried to inject it to him. Levi took it as Erwin rejecting it.

Also, a flashback of Erwin giving up his dreams and accepting his death while smiling closed the deal.

Basically, Levi let his feelings take over (again).

Digging deeper, Erwin didn't have any dreams for after they go to the basement. Add the line from Kenny about having something to hang onto to keep going, Levi felt that Erwin would not have any purpose after the basement reveal. Armin has a slightly farther vision of reaching the ocean, so Armin is expected to live longer and produce more results.
brightmooseJun 3, 2019 1:48 AM
Jun 3, 2019 3:45 AM
Nov 2017
brightmoose said:
I agree with you lol. Maybe they should've chased after Zeke or looked after Reiner better... But before they get their hands on another Titan shifter I'd keep one of them contained, or give cracking Annie another go haha.
Jun 3, 2019 4:55 AM
Aug 2016
Mikasa .. massive boops ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 3, 2019 5:00 AM
May 2019
I cant really pick, both have logical reasons on why they'd want Erwin and Armin to live, and I love both characters, but, I would rather not add onto more guilt to Erwin, hes already suffering from the countless bodies hes sent to die, imagine being made to live again just to see the state the survey corps is in just cause you were selfishly wanting a dream of your own, even if it meant stepping over bodies to get it. So, I guess I'd pick Armin to save Erwin from more future guilt, re-experiencing this scene for the second time in my life in a new light is not good for my heartstrings.
Weebover9000Jun 3, 2019 5:03 AM
Jun 3, 2019 8:02 AM
Mar 2019
Erwin = Charismatic leadership ( best )
But ?
Armin = brave and genius ( very best good )
So iam choice Armin
Jun 3, 2019 8:25 AM

Mar 2016
[manga spoilers included]

The will of the Colssal Titan... After watching this video I kind of feel sad when I think that Erwin could've aquired the CT. It could've destroyed his entire character arc if Isayama never thought about it straight.
Jun 3, 2019 8:32 AM

Mar 2018
My actions would be exactly the same as Levi until Eren asks "Captain... Why did you choose him?" and then I'll answer "BECAUSE YOU DRAMA QUEENS ARE ANNOYING AS FUCK!!!" while triggered.

Jun 3, 2019 8:33 AM

Dec 2015
Shit, even though Erwin is one of my favorite characters of this show, I'd choose Armin. Erwin showed that all his effort was to get on the basement, so he might not be the same after that. Armin, on the other hand, has a future waiting for him. Also, Eren is right, Armin made most of the plans that actually worked, including the one that led humanity for the first time win against titans.
Jun 3, 2019 9:01 AM

Feb 2019
The Armin choice was set up perfectly.

On one side of the wall, Zeke destroyed the entire survey corps and they had nothing to show for it.

On the other side of the wall, Armin coordinated the successful capture of two intelligent titans, one of which was the most powerful. He had a very limited number of scouts under his command and most of them lived. The only reason humanity didn't gain two titans there is because Erwin's plan failed and cost them Reiner. The numbers don't lie... Armin showed the most potential for leadership.

Jun 3, 2019 9:10 AM

Feb 2009
Armin ofcourse. He fucked the Colossal titan hard so he earnd to eat him too. As a tactican i don't think that he would be lesser then erwin, in fact he has the more promising potential. Armin is the future and with him humanity will survive.
Jun 3, 2019 9:11 AM

May 2019
Id choose Armin.
Armin has this goal everyone never knew they needed. The sea he wanted to reach together with eren and mikasa is a symbol of freedom not just for them but for every aot character that's why he even grabbed the chance to negotiate.

(tsk not fun at parties)
So sorry erwin you were just one episode away from the basement.
Jun 3, 2019 9:13 AM

Mar 2017
Erwin was most likely planning on passing his torch as commander to Armin the the future anyways, so if Erwin were to live knowing it came at an expense of Armin's life, it could have very well emotionally shattered him.

Like don't get me wrong, Erwin would have still persisted with the ultimate goal of procuring the safety of the human race, but he would be incapable of taking serious risks like he had previously after having to endure the loss of Armin.

This is probably why Erwin prevented himself from getting the serum
Inuyashiki is the Best Mecha ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jun 3, 2019 9:26 AM
Sep 2018
Armin because, he's still young and has a long journey waited for him. Plus I have a feeling that he gonna be a commander someday if Isayums gonna make the manga longer than we thought ofc. Sure I'm sad that Erwin's gone. Erwin is the best commander and no one could ever replace him. But then I think it's what's best for the plot and everyone.
Jun 3, 2019 1:53 PM

Jan 2015
Erwin. More experienced, more strategical, thinks long term, and he is capable of sacrificing others for the greater good. I dont think Armin can do that
Jun 3, 2019 1:57 PM

Jan 2015
SamHandwich said:
The Armin choice was set up perfectly.

On one side of the wall, Zeke destroyed the entire survey corps and they had nothing to show for it.

On the other side of the wall, Armin coordinated the successful capture of two intelligent titans, one of which was the most powerful. He had a very limited number of scouts under his command and most of them lived. The only reason humanity didn't gain two titans there is because Erwin's plan failed and cost them Reiner. The numbers don't lie... Armin showed the most potential for leadership.

I mean thats not really a good comparison. They had Eren as a titian, and more experienced survey corps members inside, while outside everyone was completely new, with no buildings in sight, they couldn't cover at all. If Armin was outside he wouldnt've gotten better results either, that's for sure. In fact I dont think he would be capable to sacrifice the rest just to kill the beast titan off, so they wouldve just gotten massacred there without getting any results.
Jun 3, 2019 3:49 PM
Oct 2013
Armin for sure.
He's the future that Humanity should look at and follow.
Erwin was essential but he bulit his legacy on sacrificing tons of Soldiers in order to achieve his own dream of knowing the truth, Humanity doesn't need the truth or the past, as much as it needs hope and future.
Armin gives you that, Erwin doesn't.
Jun 3, 2019 4:05 PM

Aug 2014
As someone who read the manga, I would 100% give it to erwin. It would make the current arc much more interesting tbh
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jun 3, 2019 4:09 PM

Feb 2018
I'll choose Erwin
As Hange said..Armin is good and smart, but..he doesn't have the experience, he is just not experienced enough to lead the humanity, and we have seen that in Ep 4 where he asked Jean for help, and how was scared, hopeless and completely lost.
Hunter_03Jun 3, 2019 4:13 PM
Jun 3, 2019 4:13 PM

Nov 2013
Now not only Reiner, Armin also has plot armor titan
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Jun 3, 2019 5:46 PM

Dec 2015
Neither. I'll keep holding on to it so I can use it myself :D
Jun 3, 2019 7:48 PM

Jul 2012
KyouKaiTen said:
Now not only Reiner, Armin also has plot armor titan

Like...

Big Manga Spoilerino
Jun 3, 2019 9:24 PM
Oct 2012
Erwin was an armless man ffs, he accepted being a burden since then, his last accomplishment was a suicide charge, nuff said.
Jun 3, 2019 11:25 PM
May 2019
brightmoose said:

But he turned into mutan abnormal titan.
Jun 4, 2019 12:14 AM

Nov 2011
In real world of course a guy like Erwin is more useful to them than (not really) talented guy like Armin.. Sure it is not really a good thing for dead person to be called back, but there is no reason to sacrifice your leader to another soldier like Armin who still could not decide something in a crucial situation ...
The only reason Armin is a better choice is because he is a main character, his plot armor will be far thicker than a supporting character lol ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Jun 4, 2019 1:02 AM

Feb 2018
Vivekananda said:
Armin because

Manga Spoilers

LMAO can't stop laughing
Jun 4, 2019 1:03 AM

Nov 2018
When I first read this in the manga I was team Erwin but now I can't decide.
Jun 4, 2019 1:09 AM

Oct 2018
Vivekananda said:
Armin because

Manga Spoilers

exactly, Armin was the best choice
Jun 4, 2019 1:17 AM
Jul 2018
KatsutoSaki said:
Erwin because it's pretty obvious that he's far more important than Armin. And I'm sure if Erwin was alive then most of the events that happen after this would have had a different outcome.

Though, Erwin hesitated when Levi was about to inject the serum. So the outcome would be the same i.e. choosing Armin instead.

Did erwin hesitated? I thought he was dreaming about raising his hand in class so he raised his arm like this.
Jun 4, 2019 1:53 AM

May 2015
I wouldn't want to choose.

But I accept that Armin was the right choice, for Erwin's sake mostly. As much as I would like to let him live longer, considering some further information from the manga... I don't know. There is something fundamentally good about letting Erwin die not just as a hero but as a human as well.
Jun 4, 2019 2:04 AM
Aug 2015
Armin. I think Erwin is a more reasonable choice because he has leadership qualities that Armin probably could never achieved, but Ewrin, imo, is great for humanity in the present day while Armin was all about the future that humanity can reach it's highest ceiling. All the dreams he talk about going outside the wall and stuff, and his intellect was also part of the reason why the Scouts made it as far as they did. I don't think you can go with either decision, but imo, Armin being alive can help humanity reach further heights.
Jun 4, 2019 2:23 AM

Feb 2019
Erwin, because Armin is a shit character and is annoying af.
Jun 4, 2019 2:28 AM

Apr 2013
So I either save an old, smart man who can't fight anymore because he lost an arm or a young, smart man who has his best days still ahead of him. I think the choice is easy.
Jun 4, 2019 3:33 AM

Aug 2015
Everything Erwin did was for the sake of finding out the truth. Once he reaches that basement, I doubt he could go on like he used to. So reviving Armin who has a dream that goes beyond all the titan-related stuff makes sense.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

801 by mapachefffff »»
Apr 4, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.