Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion

Jun 8, 9:27 AM

@Weebover9000 Yeah but we all know he wasn't going to do anything anyway lol. What I mean is that they didn't have the control of the situation at all. Connie was on the lookout and didn't hear or notice him at all until the last few secs? That's just Reiner's plot armor though, and I don't think him being taken away is a much of a problem as some say.

Jun 8, 9:31 AM
Esquirtit said:
@Weebover9000 Yeah but we all know he wasn't going to do anything anyway lol. What I mean is that they didn't have the control of the situation at all. Connie was on the lookout and didn't hear or notice him at all until the last few secs? That's just Reiner's plot armor though, and I don't think him being taken away is a much of a problem as some say.

Yeah, its the same thing with people complaining the beast titan didnt get killed by levi, you want a character that barely has any development or background info to get offed?

Jun 8, 10:41 AM
ibraheem234 said:
oooh yup one of the manga readers but the animation was good too.... too bad armin will not have any screen time for a long time

This is an anime discussion yet some manga readers are still dropping hints..
You just gave us the idea of Armin's absence when it wasn't expected.
I just don't understand the idea of dropping hints even if they are small. They're counted as spoilers for some people.

Jun 8, 2:36 PM
Chickened said:

...That's why Hange settled down and took full responsibility for Reiner's life. She planned on ending his life one way or another soon after Mikasa notified her of the situation regarding the other Scouts, Levi, Eren, Armin, and Bertholdt.

Hange or anyone from their side of the walls had no idea about any other possible Titan being around other than Reiner/Bertholdt.
That type of titan that came by to save Reiner was completely unexpected for them. By thinking that Jean's character is purely about bad decisions, then is saving Hange not a big step against that notion? He saved her life when he could have hesitated and only think for himself.

I find it unfair to place blame onto Jean like as if he's behaving or thinking for the worst as a character.

It was a good idea for Hange to send Mikasa to find whether Levi could bring the syringe. But someone should have kept guard right next to Reiner with orders to kill him without hesitation if anything unexpected happened (or, better yet, use a dead man's switch.) The best outcome is to capture an enemy capability; the second best is to deny the enemy that capability; the worst outcome is that the enemy retains the capability.

Hange was negligent in not assuming they would be attacked. That's an assumption you should always prepare for, when in hostile territory. The enemy will always try to do the unexpected.

Hange had command responsibility, so the blame is on Hange, as she was the first to admit. Nevertheless, it all happened immediately after the main action of a high-casualty engagement during which she suffered head injuries, so it's understandable that her judgment was shaken.

(btw Hange is one of my favorite characters in all anime, but I"m also a military history fan, and historically, commanders could be executed for negligence.)
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.

Jun 8, 2:40 PM
Weebover9000 said:
@DupeusT31

Two different situations that are worlds apart with two different characters, dont try to pull that.

Eren; A normal boy who suddenly witnesses his mom being eaten is easy to tell why hes upset

Reiner: A person against humanity who has a split personality when it comes to his warrior and soldier sides and already has a fucked up mind, which makes it harder to tell what his tears are for.
So yeah, nice try with the whole straw-man argument to make yourself right.
You have to be playing dumb. They are very similar situations, Reiner had just lost his best friend who he promised to go back to their homeland with. Gosh this fanbase is as dumb as the haters...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jun 8, 6:27 PM

crybabynes said:
ibraheem234 said:
oooh yup one of the manga readers but the animation was good too.... too bad armin will not have any screen time for a long time

This is an anime discussion yet some manga readers are still dropping hints..
You just gave us the idea of Armin's absence when it wasn't expected.
I just don't understand the idea of dropping hints even if they are small. They're counted as spoilers for some people.

I don't understand either. If I wanted to know ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING about what's coming, I could easily find all of the information myself or read the manga! I don't want hints from anyone, for anything!

Jun 8, 8:07 PM

Weebover9000 said:
Esquirtit said:

Yeah, its the same thing with people complaining the beast titan didnt get killed by levi, you want a character that barely has any development or background info to get offed?

I don't know man I can't relate to those people. He's the first character we know grew up outside the walls and has never lived inside. They are the ones where you can call them out for not caring about the story at all. Beast Titan first appearance was one of the most iconic moment of AoT to me, classic fangirls and yaoi gays, they want Levi to kill him and don't care about anything else. Their fav moment was when Levi went full bdsm on Eren.

Jun 8, 11:47 PM

So that was the big moment that the end of the previous season hinted at, and by hint I mean they just straight up showed some conflict was gonna happen. Like I thought, giving us that info early served no benefit for the story and was just some shitty hype move. As if the premise of finally going to see the basement didn't already serve that purpose. Yes, I'm aware it was an anime only inclusion, you don't need to tell me.

Jun 9, 2:42 AM
oof, the next episode is where my opinion of AoT changed completely. Its what turned this series from being a mainstream action anime to a masterpiece for me.

Jun 9, 5:09 AM

Why didnt they use dragon balls to revive Erwin?
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."

Jun 9, 6:08 AM

FrozenRaider said:
Why didnt they use dragon balls to revive Erwin?

because the world is actually flat
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 9, 7:01 AM

Hate this episode. I knew what was going to happen so I wasnt ready for it last week, because I knew I would cry my eyes out. Sure it was sad when Armin and Erwin were on the brink of death but still I didnt cry, the main part came when Berthold, my sweet boy, opened his eyes and had to witness his doom.... I cried at the end of previous episode too because I knew this was going to happen, and when it came to it I cried so much that my head still hurts. Im gonna miss my favorite character :( Sure I still have Levi, but I love Berthold more :( I hate this, I hate that others (Reiner and Beast Titan) survived but him.......well, to summarize it -> I just hate it :D :'(
❑ Single (¬‿¬)
❑ Taken (¬‿¬)

✔ Mentally dating a character that doesn't actually exist φ(°ρ°*)

Jun 9, 8:10 AM

Is it just me or Armin, when badly burned, looks like the killer in Conan? I meant when the killer is not yet known, they always portrayed as a completely black man.

If they can choose, I think the amored titan may be more versatile in combat, while the giant titan win in raw power.

Jun 9, 11:40 AM

Oh man. That was a fire episode, calm down Wit. Anyway, I somewhat expected Levi to choose Armin after remembering that he had overheard that conversation between the three. Erwin will always be remembered. Here's to another great episode, I suppose. :)
"Science is just a name for the steady, pain-in-the-ass effort that goes behind it"
- Senku

Jun 9, 11:46 AM

Weebover9000 said:
Esquirtit said:

Wow you said it. If that happened, I'd flip.
"Science is just a name for the steady, pain-in-the-ass effort that goes behind it"
- Senku

Jun 9, 12:08 PM

Talk about the impossible choice....damn that was good.

Jun 9, 10:48 PM

Graymanes said:
Eyal_Oged said:

That's a lot, take it easy there, start by questioning it in case there is more than what you can see.

I'll explain. This is a common thing. The general audience tends not to care much about sense as long as it's entertaining, and it does raise a question that if it's fun then why should we think?

And the answer I've got to that is that once you start considering things this way, while we watch, we don't just sit back, we think of all possible options for the upcoming future in the show and plot options run in our head, experiencing it like the characters. It affects the way we feel about things. It makes things affect me much more, as in, ye people get super hype, but I think the feelings I started getting are much deeper, I bail my eyes out for example, like wouldn't happen before, and the depth to which I understand them many times makes them stay with me for a lot longer and follow me in my thoughts and actually serve as support when I try to understand things in my life, they can remind me feelings or conclusions I felt from experiencing the story and help me understand, while before I started being like that I would get hype but forget the things I was hyped about easily - cause most of what I had was just hype.
The hype went in the same pace that it came. No buildup, no depth, no stay.

Stories aren't just entertainment - they convey emotions and thoughts,. If we feel a show doesn't treat that seriously, we want to look for something else to watch

Besides - after watching a lot of anime, I would actually feel kinda bad for someone who just watches bullshit anybody could make up that's all the same ol nonsense no thinking behind this no innovation or anything mind opening - and just sit there and watch it mindlessly the same way he watched the first one. At some point you've seen too much of this and you want more and you can't take it seriously when you realize you're seeing the same shit painted with different colors.
so what is your point is that you liked to guess what will happened in the next plot of this SnK story.well to be honest man i liked guessing plots of a story as well but i tend to be much more open minded than most peoples here that complain about how armin survived.its just story of a fantasy world and yeah ofc a coincidence that didnt make any sense could happened at any times.so sit back and enjoy the show.

Man don't single out my point as "you like to guess what's coming next" I explained that when a story makes sense that way it impacts me much harder, and because I get how real that was I take it with me and it gets thought provoking and supportive in real life situations. Not making sense ruins it yess yes it does and in the next chapters too thinking about what's coming next will not be worth it because maybe I'm just digging deep into something that will be solved more simply by an excuse.

Jun 10, 6:09 PM

I got teary-eyed. What a powerful episode.

Jun 11, 2:51 AM

I don't get them, if they given a chance to kill, they must kill them immediately before the villain revive <.<

Jun 12, 9:37 PM

SethBigBoss said:
Great episode but the lack of music at first makes it a bit empty imo

Agree completely
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jun 12, 9:49 PM

The four-legged titan and Zeke got close to Eren and Bertholdt (with the intention of taking Bertholdt), Zeke talked to Eren about his father, but Levy arrived, and they escaped. Hange was about to murder Reiner when Jean talked her about the option of getting his titan, she sent Mikasa with Eren to look for the syringe, but suddenly the four-legged titan appeared and took Reiner, they escaped. Mikasa arrived with Eren, and when Levy was about to give him the syringe for Armin, a soldier with Erwin’s dying body appeared, they had a discussion about who should get the power, Hange intervened and they left Levy alone to decide, he was about to use it with Erwin when he understood Erwin’s ideals and used it on Armin, she transformed into titan, ate Bertholdt and became a human again.

Incredibly emotional episode, it was tense about the decision, some viewers could agree with Eren and Mikasa and others (like me) with Levy and his ideal of taking the best decision in a moment like that, but at the end he could understand the correct signs and let Erwin rest, that was awesome. RIP Erwin.

Jun 13, 6:30 AM
One of the best ever

Jun 14, 2:59 PM

it’s literally 3 in the afternoon it’s too early to be crying this much hELP

one of the most PHENOMENAL episodes yet

Jun 15, 4:18 AM

Great episode. Few years ago I thought the s3 will end whis this, but we now have 4 more episodes.
Will see how they will handle it!

Jun 16, 12:52 AM
Regardless of all the "asspull" and "plot armor", it is a well put episode.
Voice acting is phenomenal, and the subtle use of music is perfect.

Jun 16, 6:54 AM
Tengai said:

How is it an "asspull"? I think Isayama planned everything beforehand.

Jun 16, 5:38 PM
Honestly every single one of y'all be talking about the plot armor to armin but what other anime have you seen where they don't give a fu*k about one of the most loved characters dying(Erwin)so yeah in terms of Reiner like someone in the discussion pointed out it is possible he could transfer his counciosnes to other parts of the body like Levi said some episodes ago it could've been another titan power, and that comment saying how armin could survive a 50 meter fall well you don't know what Eren did in the second before he went for bertholdth so yeah the creator is a mf badass understood.

Jun 17, 12:49 AM
crybabynes said:
Tengai said:

How is it an "asspull"? I think Isayama planned everything beforehand.

How Armin is still alive after being burned to crisp and how he didn't turn in to ashes or something after falling such height.

Jun 17, 10:08 PM

Intense episode.

Honestly, I prefer to save Erwin over Armin but then I remember Erwin suffered a lot...Now, he can rest in peace.

Noooo Bertolt.
Modified by Nurguburu, Jun 17, 10:19 PM
Life has no meaning.

Jun 18, 7:58 AM

Wow, what an episode! I had seen some spoilers going around when the manga chapters they adapted was released, but it was so tense to see it animated! Damn!

Sad to see Erwin go. May he rest in peace.

Jun 18, 12:04 PM

Crazy episode!

No Op nearly always means the episode’s got some serious shit going down and this is simply another notable one of them! Stunning episode! Armin v Erwin, god that sure is tough to decide on any day!

Levi, in my opinion, chose the right person in the end, and that being Armin. Losing the most important Eren’s and currently the second-strongest Mikasa along with the ingenious that is Armin would’ve surely crippled humanity’s chances but similarly with Erwin and ‘hope’ within the walls, fudge a crazy bet. Mikasa breaking down to tears and resisting and Eren on about Armin’s dream was just.. heartbreaking, to say the least. Armin having the dream to go beyond the walls must’ve favoured him though, Levi lurking behind was a great addition, but Levi’s feelings clearly got the better of him there. Erwin, on the other hand, totally gave up and bringing him back probably wouldn’t sit right with him so rest in Peace Commander Erwin! You’ve become the devil for their sake and there aren’t many who could possibly do that, or even come close to. Rest in Peace!

On another note, about the issue of Armin’s shocking survival, I’m with the minority here. Being crisped and then falling some 40 metres down the ground and yet surviving despite the long controversy, I’ve never really moved on it ever since reading the manga. And then there’s Reiner who just happens to be lucky yet again ffs. Seriously, he could be riding all the luck in the world for himself alone. Jean couldn’t set his mind to it and you really can’t blame him for it and likewise for Hange.

Lack of soundtrack this episode was definitely the way to go about it. Silence speaks louder than words (in terms of music and lyrics, I mean) at times and this was definitely one of those cases. Wonderful way of creating this tense atmosphere too! Voice Acting was fabulous and the final OST stunning so that surely made up for it! I’m a little surprised they omitted the scene where Eren and co watching on Bertholdt’s death reminded him of them (Reiner + Annie) doing the same during Marco’s demise because it was definitely one of the more heavy realisations I’ve seen in the medium. It just takes 10 seconds at max with an extra line or two but really gets the point across so a little baffled why they omitted that. Dat aside and with all that’s said and done, it was an still a bloody amazing episode!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 20, 9:09 AM
Really not enjoying SnK anymore. Any tension it tries to create is through last-minute asspulls or impossible timing, even if you don't mention the plot armour that's been debated here.

Like 4-leggo Titan arriving at the right moment to save the Beast titan, previous episode.
Like Hange arriving just in time with the final necessary weapon to beat the Armoured Titan (again).
Like uninteresting soldier apparently having carried a wounded grown man on his back, only to arrive at exactly the right time so we can have the Erwin vs Armin debate.
Like 4-leggo Titan arring at the right moment to save the Armoured Titan just as Misaka gives the signal to kill him.

Sure, the visuals and voice acting are amazing. Doesn't make up for the poor writing.

Jun 21, 7:20 AM

Amazing episode as usual!
rip Erwin best anime commador\leader!
the guy that voice eren is so fricking talented so many emotions portraying in his voice!
also, this episode made me love Mikasa even more, why can't even just accept her love, so frustrating man anyway looking forward to the last few episodes
Love Yourself! 💖✌

Jun 22, 7:55 PM

I swear, when Jean convinced Hange not to kill Reiner and then he escapes, I was ready to switch sides and actively cheer for team Donkey Kong to kill all these dumb mofos

At least the Colossal Titan is finally taken care of, so it could've been worse.

Even still it's so frustrating that they had all 3 main baddies moments from death yet two managed to escape. They could ended this conflict if they got all 3

Jun 29, 1:23 AM

Nim0174 said:
Frostbytes said:
Best comedy episode, Snk always delivers with its stupid plot armours.

>Armin gets lethal burns on his entire body and falls from such a high wall, an absolutely fatal position
>"Oh but look, since he is one of the main characters, he is still barely alive and breathing!!! So get the serum!"

And hence follows the subsequent drama. Hilarious episode, even more funny that Reiner's plot armour from few episodes ago.

lmao
Anime:
4th Degree Burns and fall from 50 Metre
--> not logical survival

Real Life:
Plane Crash from 31000-38000 feet (just for reference this is more than 50 metres lmao) engine fire burns the entire plane in free fall
multiple survivors
--> totally logical
+1
Trying to apply logic and science to an anime is the biggest lol I have for these avid nitpickers.
Even in real life when the outcome is supposed to be obvious; There are those who defy the odds.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
SSL443 - Dr4kon
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.

Jun 29, 1:35 AM

Dr4kon said:
Really not enjoying SnK anymore... blah blah blah I'm triggered by story progression.
It's not too late to call it quits you know. You have all the freedom to walk away. But guess what, you'll be back like all the other tsundere viewers.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums.

SSL443 - Dr4kon
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.

Jun 29, 3:24 AM

So much fighting over Armin's plot armor. After so many movies and tv shows, aren't you guys used to plot armor by now?

Anyways, I feel like all these arguments is just so disrespectful to the VAs. They were all so amazing. This is the very first time I think Mikasa's jap VA had outshined all others. The way she cried and fought for Armin as she was being held back by Hange was phenomenal. Levi's flashbacks were absolutely on point and perfect too. My favorite AoT scene of all time. I think I said that like several times already in the past few years lol.

Jun 29, 7:13 AM
Janethan23 said:
Dr4kon said:
Really not enjoying SnK anymore... blah blah blah I'm triggered by story progression.
It's not too late to call it quits you know. You have all the freedom to walk away. But guess what, you'll be back like all the other tsundere viewers.

Nah, I'm just finishing this season, then I'm done.
Also, changing quotes is rather childish, don't you think? Just because my opinion is different, doesn't mean it's invalid.

GrimorumInvoke said:
So much fighting over Armin's plot armor. After so many movies and tv shows, aren't you guys used to plot armor by now?

Anyways, I feel like all these arguments is just so disrespectful to the VAs. They were all so amazing. This is the very first time I think Mikasa's jap VA had outshined all others. The way she cried and fought for Armin as she was being held back by Hange was phenomenal. Levi's flashbacks were absolutely on point and perfect too. My favorite AoT scene of all time. I think I said that like several times already in the past few years lol.

Just because something happens often, does not excuse it from being bad writing. And calling parts of the show bad is not disrespectful to the VAs. Yes, they did a good job. That does not automatically excuse everyone else involved in making this show. They are part of a team.
And there is still a world of difference between criticising with fair points about the show, which is not disrepectful, or blatant and unfounded insults towards the VAs. The latter I have not seen in this thread.

Jun 29, 4:13 PM

Dr4kon said:
Janethan23 said:

Also, changing quotes is rather childish, don't you think? Just because my opinion is different, doesn't mean it's invalid.
Yeah right rolls eyes Who are you trying to bs? You stuck around this long into the series with your "enlightened" point of views. FYI, I didn't change what you were saying; I simply summarized your post in a nutshell. Go peddle your "I maybe different yet I'm entitled to validity" nonsense elsewhere.

SSL443 - Dr4kon

Jun 29, 5:02 PM
Janethan23 said:
Dr4kon said:

Yeah right rolls eyes Who are you trying to bs? You stuck around this long into the series with your "enlightened" point of views. FYI, I didn't change what you were saying; I simply summarized your post in a nutshell. Go peddle your "I maybe different yet I'm entitled to validity" nonsense elsewhere.

I stuck around because I used to enjoy the show. Now the visuals still look good, the VAs are doing a stellar job, but I just don't enjoy it anymore.

But it seems it is rather pointless to try to have discourse with someone whose immediate reaction to different views is throwing a tantrum.

Jun 29, 9:10 PM
This episode and the last were highly emotional for me. That's new for Attack on Titan. This anime has always made me think and has reminded me countless times about the grim reality they all live in. But not once has AoT made me want to actually cry.

I was so conflicted while watching this episode. I was aware of Armin's fate already but I thought "Really, just who would they be better off reviving?" Armin is one of my favorite characters and has been since the beginning. Erwin was a newer addition. Despite the emotions, what that one guy and Levi were saying was probably my favorite part but that especially goes for what Levi was saying. Erwin played his role for too long. He was given his chance to no longer play that role. So, I'm kinda glad they let Erwin go.

As for Bertolt, I'm glad they finally got rid of him. When he screamed for help, I thought the guy was crazy. He would've killed them when given the chance so why would they help? Honestly, good riddance. They didn't get Reiner but I'm ok with them getting Bertolt instead. When it comes to them, I really don't think I'd have any sort of attachment to them after what they did.
Modified by Sakurai_Aoi, Jun 29, 9:19 PM

Jun 30, 3:16 AM

Dr4kon said:
Janethan23 said:

GrimorumInvoke said:

Just because something happens often, does not excuse it from being bad writing. And calling parts of the show bad is not disrespectful to the VAs. Yes, they did a good job. That does not automatically excuse everyone else involved in making this show. They are part of a team.
And there is still a world of difference between criticising with fair points about the show, which is not disrepectful, or blatant and unfounded insults towards the VAs. The latter I have not seen in this thread.

Logically speaking, I think you are right. I don't think you are wrong, but I think you are missing something. This is just my opinion Since the VAs were amazingly superb, certain flaws can be forgiven. Instead of focusing on the flaws, we should be celebrating their strengths. The VAs deserve praise and spotlight for this episode. Instead, the forum is flooded with negative criticism over something that should of been forgiven.

Jul 1, 1:56 AM
Unfortunately some retard uploaded Armins transformation on YouTube, so the ending was spoiled for me.

But Erwins death still made me cry :(
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls

Jul 1, 5:19 AM

Feels a little convenient that Armin was alive despite those burns but it's not surprising that he was saved, He's one of the main characters after all.

It was sad to see Erwin die. The poor guy deserves some rest after everything that he's been through.

Jul 1, 5:19 AM

Feels a little convenient that Armin was alive despite those burns but it's not surprising that he was saved, He's one of the main characters after all.

It was sad to see Erwin die. The poor guy deserves some rest after everything that he's been through.

Jul 1, 8:34 AM

Armin and Erwin have been two of my favorite characters. This just...I'm overjoyed that Armin lives but brokenhearted to see one of the bravest men go out. The way Erwin slapped away Levi instinctively...I think somewhere in his deepest consciousness, he was saying that Armin was the right choice.

I've been waiting for the next episode for years but I don't know if I even have the energy to watch it right now.

Jul 1, 2:01 PM

This is everything current OPMS2 isn't. Glorious. They animated it, that scene with the beast titan. Well done lads. Of course I wasn't prepared for the drama about Erwin and Armin.

Cannot wait for next episode.

The quadrupedal titan dude. So creepy.

Jul 2, 3:10 PM
I'm not quite sure how it's possible but I think this episode was even better than the last one. It was sorta obvious that Armin was the one that would get the serum, though I think it would have been more impactful if Levi himself had come to the conclusion that Armin would be a better asset to humanity. He would have then suppressed his desire to save Erwin and injected the serum in Armin with a tear running down his face on some nostalgic background music.

Jul 3, 2:42 PM
I cried half the video it was so emotional holy xsafdsffdfdfdf..... :(((((((

Jul 6, 5:51 PM

This was the most shocking episode of SnK.
Finally this Bertholdt died, he was really annoying.

Pages (14) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 »

Preview MangaManga Store