Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion


Jun 2, 12:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 10202
Modernoir said:
keragamming said:


Oh yes, don't get me wrong as a manga reader and seeing what is happening in the long run, I can see why he made Armin survive.


But that still doesn't mean I like the way how he survived, it just took me out of my suspension of disbelief and I just didn't like how the way it was done, the same goes for how Reiner survive as well. Those were always my gripe when it comes to this arc.

I criticize these chapters back when the chapter was release I guess you weren't aware of it. https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1530501

Honestly that's something I can respect since in the manga I felt more shocked by his survival too. I at least think in the anime it seems far more plausible (people have survived extreme burns before, my visualization was that he made a much harder impact onto the roof but the anime made it seem more like his fall was lessened by the overwhelming amounts of air produced by the CT).

I'd love to go more into it but it's spoiler territory, but Armin surviving is a genuinely good thing for the story because of what it sets up in the future.

Just food for thought.


I agree totally with all of that, its just that I have a mix feeling with this episode.
 
Jun 2, 12:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 31
I should have not read until i finish watching 🤣
 
Jun 2, 12:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 447
hahahahahahaah snk never ceases to shock me with its stupidity and plot armors

 
Jun 2, 12:37 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 476
keragamming said:
Modernoir said:

Honestly that's something I can respect since in the manga I felt more shocked by his survival too. I at least think in the anime it seems far more plausible (people have survived extreme burns before, my visualization was that he made a much harder impact onto the roof but the anime made it seem more like his fall was lessened by the overwhelming amounts of air produced by the CT).

I'd love to go more into it but it's spoiler territory, but Armin surviving is a genuinely good thing for the story because of what it sets up in the future.

Just food for thought.


I agree totally with all of that, its just that I have a mix feeling with this episode.

Hey, may as well give it a proper watch when the subs are out just like the rest of us. I don't think not including OST is a bad thing at all, especially if the voice acting is good. I saw a tweet from Yuki Kaji about his performance for today's ep so I've got high hopes people won't be as bothered by Armin surviving and more taken in by the character's arguments and conflict. Thank god animeonlys won't have to suffer from this part of the manga being split between 2 chapters, wrapping it all up in one ep already alone makes this part sound better.
 
Jun 2, 12:39 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 476
IdleSolution said:
hahahahahahaah snk never ceases to shock me with its stupidity and plot armors

What stupidity/plot armor? It isn't THAT far fetched that Armin survived, he didn't burn his lungs out by breathing the air in and his fall was lessened by the steam as he descended. It's entirely plausible that he could've survived to the extent of just being able to take the serum. Even then, Erwin got a proper death too so it's not like all was robbed. Plus you can't just say it's instantly stupid, have you considered that the story actually isn't over and that more will come from these developments?
 
Jun 2, 12:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 304
Sayonara basement, konnichiwa my ocean dream
 
Jun 2, 12:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 10202
Modernoir said:
IdleSolution said:
hahahahahahaah snk never ceases to shock me with its stupidity and plot armors

What stupidity/plot armor? It isn't THAT far fetched that Armin survived, he didn't burn his lungs out by breathing the air in and his fall was lessened by the steam as he descended. It's entirely plausible that he could've survived to the extent of just being able to take the serum. Even then, Erwin got a proper death too so it's not like all was robbed. Plus you can't just say it's instantly stupid, have you considered that the story actually isn't over and that more will come from these developments?


Don't waste your time on @IdleSolution he doesn't like the series, he doesn't type anything good when it comes to snk, its best you ignore.
 
Jun 2, 12:43 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 2281
Modernoir said:
IdleSolution said:
hahahahahahaah snk never ceases to shock me with its stupidity and plot armors

What stupidity/plot armor? It isn't THAT far fetched that Armin survived, he didn't burn his lungs out by breathing the air in and his fall was lessened by the steam as he descended. It's entirely plausible that he could've survived to the extent of just being able to take the serum. Even then, Erwin got a proper death too so it's not like all was robbed. Plus you can't just say it's instantly stupid, have you considered that the story actually isn't over and that more will come from these developments?


I wouldn't bother with IdleSolution though. His mind is made about SnK.
Thinking of sending me a friend request?

Before you do it, please check the 'Friend request' section of my profile.
 
Jun 2, 12:52 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1851
keragamming said:
Modernoir said:

What stupidity/plot armor? It isn't THAT far fetched that Armin survived, he didn't burn his lungs out by breathing the air in and his fall was lessened by the steam as he descended. It's entirely plausible that he could've survived to the extent of just being able to take the serum. Even then, Erwin got a proper death too so it's not like all was robbed. Plus you can't just say it's instantly stupid, have you considered that the story actually isn't over and that more will come from these developments?


Don't waste your time on @IdleSolution he doesn't like the series, he doesn't type anything good when it comes to snk, its best you ignore.



It's like no other series has plot armour
 
Jun 2, 12:55 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 476
keragamming said:
Modernoir said:

What stupidity/plot armor? It isn't THAT far fetched that Armin survived, he didn't burn his lungs out by breathing the air in and his fall was lessened by the steam as he descended. It's entirely plausible that he could've survived to the extent of just being able to take the serum. Even then, Erwin got a proper death too so it's not like all was robbed. Plus you can't just say it's instantly stupid, have you considered that the story actually isn't over and that more will come from these developments?


Don't waste your time on @IdleSolution he doesn't like the series, he doesn't type anything good when it comes to snk, its best you ignore.

HyperL said:
Modernoir said:

What stupidity/plot armor? It isn't THAT far fetched that Armin survived, he didn't burn his lungs out by breathing the air in and his fall was lessened by the steam as he descended. It's entirely plausible that he could've survived to the extent of just being able to take the serum. Even then, Erwin got a proper death too so it's not like all was robbed. Plus you can't just say it's instantly stupid, have you considered that the story actually isn't over and that more will come from these developments?


I wouldn't bother with IdleSolution though. His mind is made about SnK.

Ah I gotcha, thanks for the warning.

Mattinator95 said:
keragamming said:


Don't waste your time on @IdleSolution he doesn't like the series, he doesn't type anything good when it comes to snk, its best you ignore.



It's like no other series has plot armour

I don't understand the entire obsession with death as a whole. There have been plenty for this arc and I'd take "plot armor" any day if it meant something interesting would actually come with it down the line. Do people seriously just think Isayama made Armin the colossal because he was scared to kill him and nothing else? To me it's like complaining that Eren didn't actually die when he got eaten and became a titan shifter. At the time, MAYBE I could understand why people would be miffed or confused but now that we've seen just how much more the series has to offer as a result I don't think it'd be easy to go back and say the series would've been better if Eren died.

I want to implore others to look at this maybe in a similar way, this is a controversial part of the manga but I think now that the manga's gone a lot farther it's actually a decision I think is paying off very well.
 
Jun 2, 1:17 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 64
You bitches complaining about Armin when there are people in real life who've suffered much more damage and even survived.
Most cases of people getting their whole bodies burned don't kill them instantly (it takes hours or days) and there are several cases of people getting shot in the head, losing parts of their brains and still breathing or even surviving in the long term.
Armin's trauma was mostly external, so it might be convenient that he didn't die right away from the fall, but by no means it is unbelievable.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jun 2, 1:19 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 170
Mattinator95 said:
keragamming said:


Don't waste your time on @IdleSolution he doesn't like the series, he doesn't type anything good when it comes to snk, its best you ignore.



It's like no other series has plot armour


Akame ga kill and Devilman Crybaby casually passing by...
 
Jun 2, 1:27 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 64
The only thing I didn't like in the ep is that they didn't include Reiner crying when realizing Bertolt was gonna die.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jun 2, 1:28 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1851
Edylson said:
Mattinator95 said:



It's like no other series has plot armour


Akame ga kill and Devilman Crybaby casually passing by...


Implying that they don't have plot armour . When I meant that other shows have plot armour not all have them
 
Jun 2, 1:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 51
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”

-Donquixote Doflamingo, One Piece
 
Jun 2, 1:33 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 54
little piss armin over ervin? f%ck this sh%t...
 
Jun 2, 1:35 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 170
Ahh this thread is gonna be hilarious, i already got the snacks!! Im prepared for the shitstorm ahead.... Aight, proceed!!
 
Jun 2, 1:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 80
WizIP said:
are there any streams of it yet w/subs or just raws

One word: Torrent.
 
Jun 2, 1:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 570
Saw the episode raw because i couldnt wait anymore for proper subs lol.
I.. somehow think i prefer this part in the manga over the anime but i cant really explain exactly why, imo it felt a bit dull in certain parts but maybe thats because i already knew what was going to happen, idk really.
People are going to hate on EMA a lot because of this, i can already feel.
To this day even some manga readers are pissed about how they acted during this situation, but in all honesty it was a really human thing to do. Eren and Mikasa didnt want to see their friend die and im pretty sure him being all burnt really made them even more desperate.. ahh man, this arc is just sad.


I'm really looking foward to the basement, chapters 86-90 are one of my favorites in the manga and i cant wait to see them animated!

DupeusT31 said:
The only thing I didn't like in the ep is that they didn't include Reiner crying when realizing Bertolt was gonna die.


Same. I was hoping they'd keep that part but instead we just got a shot of reiner lying in top of the wall zoomed out....



"At least I... wasn't boring, right?" – Kokichi Ouma
 
Jun 2, 2:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 702
ok i don't think there was a single bit of this episode i didn't like - it was everything i could have asked for in a serumbowl adaptation and more. this was incredible. the VAs were especially good, and i felt every single emotion.

now i know there's gonna be criticism from anime-onlies and manga readers alike on who should have gotten the serum - and i'm not gonna really go into it - but hear me out: erwin's goal in joining the survey corps wasn't to save humanity; it was to prove his father's theory correct. armin's goal went way beyond that: he dreamt of seeing the ocean and beyond. erwin made up his mind and gave his life in the suicide charge with the rest of the new recruits in order to buy time for eren - he had an honorable death. giving him the injection would have gone against his final decision and put him back into hell. levi's choice was justified.

i actually really liked the seemingly lack of music (or at least the opening) in this episode. there's so much emotion throughout that i feel like putting music into the mix would have kinda killed the vibe. it just didn't seem right.

oh FUCK YES! we're finally at the basement! i can't wait to see anime-onlie's reactions to the reveal...
 
Jun 2, 2:13 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 369
SheevPalpatine said:
ABDoesThings said:
I like how everybody is like "PLOT ARMOR ALERT" lol. What do you expect? Did you want some other random jackass instead of Armin or Erwin to be a candidate for the injection? It would've been a no brainer to choose Armin or Erwin at that point. Erwin and Armin being the two candidates made perfect sense plot wise.


Sacrificing logic in the sake of the plot is weak writing and storytelling. This was also the problem of Game of Thrones in Season 8. And no, don't defend the indefensible. There is no way for Armin to survive that. There is no human who could survive burning alive and falling to the ground from 50 meters or more!
This is plot armor, nothing more, nothing less.


ABDoesThings said:

The reason Levi chose Armin was because Erwin had no dreams past the basement.


No. The reason Levi chose Armin was that Isayama wasn't brave enough to kill of a main character. Another reason is that Isayama wanted to remove Erwin from the story, because he couldn't handle the character after the basement reveal. Erwin's whole character was built up for the basement reveal.


Look, keeping Erwin alive had no meaning. Cause Erwin wouldn't have been able to add more to the story. And you can't use common logic in a story like Attack on titan. If you want to pay attention to small plot details like that sure. You're just ruining the show for yourself lol.
 
Jun 2, 2:13 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 236
OMG THIS EPISODE
Mikasa is retarded. She didn't have a clue what she says. Levi was right but listened to erwin . I love levi so much for saying "i choose someome who can save humanity" damn savage in front of eren
Eren was pretty much yeeted by levi. Reiner couldn't do this amount of damage in 3 fights
 
Jun 2, 2:15 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 1
I'm actually an anime-only, but I couldn't contain myself last week so I read the chapters this episode adapted (no further tho) and I still liked the episode, I kinda prefer the manga more though, since the anime left out small pieces which I actually liked in the manga. For example when Zeke saw Levi on the wall and he called him a god damn monster. And the manga captured the fear on his face better when he said that. Also a little bit dissapointed they left out Reiner crying when he was on the wall with Zeke. But those were just small complaints I had, nothing major that affected the enjoyment of watching this episode

What I loved this episode is the execution of emotions and tension! I liked how both sides said their reasonings for saving either Armin og Erwin. I loved how Mikasa was in this episode, even though her emotions made her disobey orders from Levi. I know she always cared for Armin, but in this episode it really shows. Such a good girl asking for the serum politely while almost cutting Levi's throat lol

Overall a great episode and can't wait for the basement reveal next week


 
Jun 2, 2:16 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 339
Lel0uchZer0 said:
OMG THIS EPISODE
Mikasa is retarded. She didn't have a clue what she says. Levi was right but listened to erwin . I love levi so much for saying "i choose someome who can save humanity" damn savage in front of eren
Eren was pretty much yeeted by levi. Reiner couldn't do this amount of damage in 3 fights


Calling mikasa retarded is a bit much, shes watching her closest friend aside from Eren dying, thats a natural human reaction to break down like that.
 
Jun 2, 2:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 57
Modernoir said:
keragamming said:


Those plot armor/fake outs is my main gripe in this arc when I was reading the manga, when Armin supposedly died in the manga, I and many also thought he was dead. Seeing anime only praising the series last episode knowing what was to come next episode, apart of me really wish Armin would've stayed dead because it would have really hit home that anyone can die in the series.

Thankfully all this drama was done in one episode, but really it depends on how anime only will view this, on the other hand Armin survive, but for the cost of that Erwin and Bertholdt is dead and the ending scene was beautiful.

This is why I said this episode and the next one will make or break this season. So I'm patiently waiting for anime only reaction to this episode.


I'm genuinely surprised you of all people think that way. I mean, I can sort of understand why but surely since you're up to date with the manga you can at least start to see why it makes perfect sense for Armin to have survived this ordeal?



And that is a well cooked true. I'm not here to discuss whether or not Armin should die falling from 50 meters with quiet badly burns (I'm still believe that it's possible considering situations in real life that also were submitted here and plenty of other, unexplained stuff) but I believe that it's a perfect executed plot looking what is happening next in manga (I mean it's planed very well and it's not just a dumb "main character – he needs to live" stuff). I personally would be more pissed if Isayama resurrected commander Erwin knowing, he was a badass character almost without any flaw and dyingproof ability (guys, his arm was chewed like a fucking bubblegum by Titan and he was still able to command and retrieved Even from Berthold...)
 
Jun 2, 2:21 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 476
Kursei said:
Modernoir said:

I'm genuinely surprised you of all people think that way. I mean, I can sort of understand why but surely since you're up to date with the manga you can at least start to see why it makes perfect sense for Armin to have survived this ordeal?



And that is a well cooked true. I'm not here to discuss whether or not Armin should die falling from 50 meters with quiet badly burns (I'm still believe that it's possible considering situations in real life that also were submitted here and plenty of other, unexplained stuff) but I believe that it's a perfect executed plot looking what is happening next in manga (I mean it's planed very well and it's not just a dumb "main character – he needs to live" stuff). I personally would be more pissed if Isayama resurrected commander Erwin knowing, he was a badass character almost without any flaw and dyingproof ability (guys, his arm was chewed like a fucking bubblegum by Titan and he was still able to command and retrieved Even from Berthold...)

Completely agree here. I think the characters already gave more than enough reason to justify why Armin should've got the serum, but can you imagine for a moment how fucked up it would be if Erwin got the serum instead? Not only did he dedicate himself to giving his life to lead the final charge, but if he actually lived and saw the basement he'd
 
Jun 2, 2:22 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 236
Weebover9000 said:
Lel0uchZer0 said:
OMG THIS EPISODE
Mikasa is retarded. She didn't have a clue what she says. Levi was right but listened to erwin . I love levi so much for saying "i choose someome who can save humanity" damn savage in front of eren
Eren was pretty much yeeted by levi. Reiner couldn't do this amount of damage in 3 fights


Calling mikasa retarded is a bit much, shes watching her closest friend aside from Eren dying, thats a natural human reaction to break down like that.

Dude levi and hange were watching erwin die too and they were pretty rational. I am mad because she jumped levi without argument. She only wanted armin to live which is understandable but she has no point at all
Even eren made a better point which is WOW
Mikasa was a great character that died after season 1 when she got levi injured with her dumb ass in the fight against annie
 
Jun 2, 2:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1778
Modernoir said:
keragamming said:


Oh yes, don't get me wrong as a manga reader and seeing what is happening in the long run, I can see why he made Armin survive.


But that still doesn't mean I like the way how he survived, it just took me out of my suspension of disbelief and I just didn't like how the way it was done, the same goes for how Reiner survive as well. Those were always my gripe when it comes to this arc.

I criticize these chapters back when the chapter was release I guess you weren't aware of it. https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1530501

Honestly that's something I can respect since in the manga I felt more shocked by his survival too. I at least think in the anime it seems far more plausible (people have survived extreme burns before, my visualization was that he made a much harder impact onto the roof but the anime made it seem more like his fall was lessened by the overwhelming amounts of air produced by the CT).

I'd love to go more into it but it's spoiler territory, but Armin surviving is a genuinely good thing for the story because of what it sets up in the future.

Just food for thought.


-anime only here-
Idk what happens, but I dont think you can outright say if its good or bad, I mean we will never know how the story wouldve been if Erwin survived, so there is nothing to compare it to
 
Jun 2, 2:25 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 339
Lel0uchZer0 said:
Weebover9000 said:


Calling mikasa retarded is a bit much, shes watching her closest friend aside from Eren dying, thats a natural human reaction to break down like that.

Dude levi and hange were watching erwin die too and they were pretty rational. I am mad because she jumped levi without argument. She only wanted armin to live which is understandable but she has no point at all
Even eren made a better point which is WOW
Mikasa was a great character that died after season 1 when she got levi injured with her dumb ass in the fight against annie


Levi and Hange are full grown adults, mikasa is 15-16 years old watching a fellow 15-16 year old friend dying from burns, if you dont expect a 15 year old to break down and attack someone who wont save them when they have the option to, you're either not really thinking straight or forgot everyone from erens group are young teenagers.
 
Jun 2, 2:27 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 476
Lel0uchZer0 said:
Weebover9000 said:


Calling mikasa retarded is a bit much, shes watching her closest friend aside from Eren dying, thats a natural human reaction to break down like that.

Dude levi and hange were watching erwin die too and they were pretty rational. I am mad because she jumped levi without argument. She only wanted armin to live which is understandable but she has no point at all
Even eren made a better point which is WOW
Mikasa was a great character that died after season 1 when she got levi injured with her dumb ass in the fight against annie

Levi and Hange are also actual adults. Eren, Mikasa and Armin were all young in the grand scheme of things, so her natural being irrational makes plenty of sense. Also, this has been something that's more theorized than anything but
 
Jun 2, 2:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 57
Modernoir said:
Kursei said:


And that is a well cooked true. I'm not here to discuss whether or not Armin should die falling from 50 meters with quiet badly burns (I'm still believe that it's possible considering situations in real life that also were submitted here and plenty of other, unexplained stuff) but I believe that it's a perfect executed plot looking what is happening next in manga (I mean it's planed very well and it's not just a dumb "main character – he needs to live" stuff). I personally would be more pissed if Isayama resurrected commander Erwin knowing, he was a badass character almost without any flaw and dyingproof ability (guys, his arm was chewed like a fucking bubblegum by Titan and he was still able to command and retrieved Even from Berthold...)

Completely agree here. I think the characters already gave more than enough reason to justify why Armin should've got the serum, but can you imagine for a moment how fucked up it would be if Erwin got the serum instead? Not only did he dedicate himself to giving his life to lead the final charge, but if he actually lived and saw the basement he'd


True. I couldn't imagine reasonable continuation for his character too knowing that his dream was to only see the truth contained in Erwin's father basement. And it was the most merciful thing that could happen for Erwin after everything he did and I'm glad that we saw this as a reason to his death.

About Mikasa and Eren's reasoning. Guys, It's a trio of best friends. There still young people living in a fucking cruel world. Armin grandfather died with miserable death by rushing on Titans with a fucking fork. Mikasa's mother and father died without actually any good reason and Eren, oh boy Eren besides him looking how a Titan is tearing apart his mother he learned that he ate his own father. There is nothing left for them, they actually live only for themself. and now, they could lost the most precious thing for them – Armin. Of course they could act without reasoning (but still managed to show pros and cons of using serum on him)
Modified by Kursei, Jun 2, 2:37 PM
 
Jun 2, 2:29 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 476
BestBoiEren said:
Modernoir said:

Honestly that's something I can respect since in the manga I felt more shocked by his survival too. I at least think in the anime it seems far more plausible (people have survived extreme burns before, my visualization was that he made a much harder impact onto the roof but the anime made it seem more like his fall was lessened by the overwhelming amounts of air produced by the CT).

I'd love to go more into it but it's spoiler territory, but Armin surviving is a genuinely good thing for the story because of what it sets up in the future.

Just food for thought.


-anime only here-
Idk what happens, but I dont think you can outright say if its good or bad, I mean we will never know how the story wouldve been if Erwin survived, so there is nothing to compare it to

We don't know what would've happened if Erwin survived, but since the manga actually HAS progressed significantly ahead, we DO know what's happened as a result of this decision. And personally I think Isayama's put most doubts to rest, it's very clear that this wasn't a decision made as a cop-out and actually has a lot riding on it. If we were in the grey (which we were) for a while I'd understand but I feel more comfortable in assuring animeonlys that things only get better and better despite the controversy of this arc's ending.

also you being an animeonly is something I never expected given that profile picture, ahah.
 
Jun 2, 2:30 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 369
Eniie said:
ABDoesThings said:
Okay why don't you create your own Attack on Titan and write it your way? It's not your work so complaining about some guy mysteriously surviving fourth degree burns for a few minutes is kinda pointless. At that point, you could call Reiner "The Armored Titan". That guy's survived death so many times lol. His luck is insane, yet he doesn't want to live lol.


You're being ridiculous, this is one of my favourite shows, I love the writing in it and have rated all seasons so far incredible and have been loving this season so far, arguably my favourite arc. I can critique it if I have something I am not a fan of. And yes, reiner having consciousness transfer is ridiculous and blatant plot armor but I can forgive it because we don't have enough on titans to have established expectations. But we know everything about armin and that he is a normal human


The only reason you find it ridiculous is because you don't like the writing choice Isayama took, no offence. Just because you don't like a writing choice doesn't mean it's cheap. Simple as that, if you wanted Armin to die that bad of a heroic death, well ohkay? Obtaining Titan Powers has a twist to it anyways.
 
Jun 2, 2:30 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 236
Weebover9000 said:
Lel0uchZer0 said:

Dude levi and hange were watching erwin die too and they were pretty rational. I am mad because she jumped levi without argument. She only wanted armin to live which is understandable but she has no point at all
Even eren made a better point which is WOW
Mikasa was a great character that died after season 1 when she got levi injured with her dumb ass in the fight against annie


Levi and Hange are full grown adults, mikasa is 15-16 years old watching a fellow 15-16 year old friend dying from burns, if you dont expect a 15 year old to break down and attack someone who wont save them when they have the option to, you're either not really thinking straight or forgot everyone from erens group are young teenagers.

I don't care. She is a survey corp... she has to understand what she is into. Jean is 16 as well and understood fast what they need to do (so did conny ffs)
I am sorry that i am harsh but i can't stand character that don't show one bit of pragmatism. My favourite character is lelouch so yeah...
 
Jun 2, 2:31 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 339
Lel0uchZer0 said:
Weebover9000 said:


Levi and Hange are full grown adults, mikasa is 15-16 years old watching a fellow 15-16 year old friend dying from burns, if you dont expect a 15 year old to break down and attack someone who wont save them when they have the option to, you're either not really thinking straight or forgot everyone from erens group are young teenagers.

I don't care. She is a survey corp... she has to understand what she is into. Jean is 16 as well and understood fast what they need to do (so did conny ffs)
I am sorry that i am harsh but i can't stand character that don't show one bit of pragmatism. My favourite character is lelouch so yeah...


Jean still hesitated and caused hange to not kill reiner, so why are you not bashing on him and only mikasa?
 
Jun 2, 2:32 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 236
Weebover9000 said:
Lel0uchZer0 said:

I don't care. She is a survey corp... she has to understand what she is into. Jean is 16 as well and understood fast what they need to do (so did conny ffs)
I am sorry that i am harsh but i can't stand character that don't show one bit of pragmatism. My favourite character is lelouch so yeah...


Jean still hesitated and caused hange to not kill reiner, so why are you not bashing on him and only mikasa?

Jean was right tho. He said that they should try and feed him to someone instead of killing him. Mikasa didn't have one clue wtf she says
 
Jun 2, 2:33 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 476
Lel0uchZer0 said:
Weebover9000 said:


Levi and Hange are full grown adults, mikasa is 15-16 years old watching a fellow 15-16 year old friend dying from burns, if you dont expect a 15 year old to break down and attack someone who wont save them when they have the option to, you're either not really thinking straight or forgot everyone from erens group are young teenagers.

I don't care. She is a survey corp... she has to understand what she is into. Jean is 16 as well and understood fast what they need to do (so did conny ffs)
I am sorry that i am harsh but i can't stand character that don't show one bit of pragmatism. My favourite character is lelouch so yeah...

So what if she's in the survey corps? They're all still humans being put through the trauma of seeing people they love die. If they all had the same over-rational reaction it wouldn't make any sense, especially since Mikasa had a more personal stake being Armin's childhood friend, Hange and Levi were strong comrades of Erwin but Mikasa literally knew Armin for most of her life within the walls. At least the others helped return her to her senses, but it's perfectly understandable why she'd lose it in that situation.
 
Jun 2, 2:34 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 339
Lel0uchZer0 said:
Weebover9000 said:


Jean still hesitated and caused hange to not kill reiner, so why are you not bashing on him and only mikasa?

Jean was right tho. He said that they should try and feed him to someone instead of killing him. Mikasa didn't have one clue wtf she says


Yes, but he forgot Bertolt was still over there and able to be eaten for more power to the survey corps as well, so theyd have to choose one either way and use the injection for one and kill the other one in the end, so Jean telling Hange to wait made no sense on his part, considering there is no way he would NOT see Berts colossal form crumbling to the ground with how big it is.
 
Jun 2, 2:37 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 236
Weebover9000 said:
Lel0uchZer0 said:

Jean was right tho. He said that they should try and feed him to someone instead of killing him. Mikasa didn't have one clue wtf she says


Yes, but he forgot Bertolt was still over there and able to be eaten for more power to the survey corps as well, so theyd have to choose one either way and use the injection for one and kill the other one in the end, so Jean telling Hange to wait made no sense on his part, considering there is no way he would NOT see Berts colossal form crumbling to the ground with how big it is.

It's still better to capture a shapeshifter rather than kill it. They can find out shit about him. And still they send mikasa to the place to check if they can give the injection to eat reiner or not
 
Jun 2, 2:40 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 339
Lel0uchZer0 said:
Weebover9000 said:


Yes, but he forgot Bertolt was still over there and able to be eaten for more power to the survey corps as well, so theyd have to choose one either way and use the injection for one and kill the other one in the end, so Jean telling Hange to wait made no sense on his part, considering there is no way he would NOT see Berts colossal form crumbling to the ground with how big it is.

It's still better to capture a shapeshifter rather than kill it. They can find out shit about him. And still they send mikasa to the place to check if they can give the injection to eat reiner or not


Honestly at this point im sorry man but it just feels like you have this odd hate boner for her.
 
Jun 2, 2:44 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 33
I knew what was going to happen due to spoilers but I didn't expect it to be this sad
 
Jun 2, 2:45 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 236
Weebover9000 said:
Lel0uchZer0 said:

It's still better to capture a shapeshifter rather than kill it. They can find out shit about him. And still they send mikasa to the place to check if they can give the injection to eat reiner or not


Honestly at this point im sorry man but it just feels like you have this odd hate boner for her.

Just like mikasa you can't give an argument. I actually like mikasa . She was in my favourite list on MAL until recently when i watched FMAB and kuroshitsuji . The problem is she is too much of an idiot. Jumping LEVI for wanting to save the leader instead of a damn brat is retarded
Also jumping the female titan basically saving her from levi is also RETARDED. She had potential but went down the drain with every single dumb move she made
Eren wasn't so obsessed and he was closer to armin than mikasa. Yes he cried but he let levi decide. Also she wasn't even able to take the injection from a levi that just defeated the beast titan along with other 20-30 titans while she did fuck all
 
Jun 2, 2:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 57
Weebover9000 said:
Lel0uchZer0 said:

I don't care. She is a survey corp... she has to understand what she is into. Jean is 16 as well and understood fast what they need to do (so did conny ffs)
I am sorry that i am harsh but i can't stand character that don't show one bit of pragmatism. My favourite character is lelouch so yeah...


Jean still hesitated and caused hange to not kill reiner, so why are you not bashing on him and only mikasa?


In real life situation It could happen too. We are humans and sometimes we act without any reason to it. I love how Mikasa acted seeing how strong and disciplined she is. Yeah, Jean was right and still, with every action there is a price.
 
Jun 2, 2:47 PM

Online
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 13967
Well, bye, bye Erwin, you were my favourite character, but you already fought enough, may your soul rest in peace ;_; I wish he could had at least reached to the basement before dying, but that would had been way too good to happen.

Also Bertolt died like a little bitch, kinda disappointed with that, considering Reiner at least looked like he acepted he was going to die when Hanji was about to decapitate him. The dude even thought his former comrades (whom he clearly intended to kill a few moments ago) were going to rescue him, lmao. I don't know,s eeing the very first antagonist of the series to die in such way, like if he was just a fodder character... was pretty weird.
 
Jun 2, 2:48 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 339
Lel0uchZer0 said:
Weebover9000 said:


Honestly at this point im sorry man but it just feels like you have this odd hate boner for her.

Just like mikasa you can't give an argument. I actually like mikasa . She was in my favourite list on MAL until recently when i watched FMAB and kuroshitsuji . The problem is she is too much of an idiot. Jumping LEVI for wanting to save the leader instead of a damn brat is retarded
Also jumping the female titan basically saving her from levi is also RETARDED. She had potential but went down the drain with every single dumb move she made
Eren wasn't so obsessed and he was closer to armin than mikasa. Yes he cried but he let levi decide. Also she wasn't even able to take the injection from a levi that just defeated
the beast titan along with other 20-30 titans while she did fuck all


Eren was clearly obsessed if he grabbed Levis foot to make him stop for a moment after being bitch smacked into the ground with half his teeth knocked out from the punch and crying still, and its pretty ironic you cant give a good argument either without calling every small thing she does retarded and not elaborating on why it is, you just say "she did this and its retarded", also, did nothing? Did you even watch the cour? She stopped reiner from giving chase to Eren by slapping a thunderspear into that leg of his, she almost got bert in the nape with those thunderspears, would have too if it wasnt for his steam power, and basically hesitated until hange came out and blew open the jaw, thus letting her use her last thunder spear to send reiner out of his titan
Modified by Weebover9000, Jun 2, 3:03 PM
 
Jun 2, 2:50 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 8
Sadly we won't hear Erwin saying this anymore:
Modified by supa-psyian, Jun 2, 2:56 PM
 
Jun 2, 2:50 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 339
Illyricus said:
Well, bye, bye Erwin, you were my favourite character, but you already fought enough, may your soul rest in peace ;_; I wish he could had at least reached to the basement before dying, but that would had been way too good to happen.

Also Bertolt died like a little bitch, kinda disappointed with that, considering Reiner at least looked like he acepted he was going to die when Hanji was about to decapitate him. The dude even thought his former comrades (whom he clearly intended to kill a few moments ago) were going to rescue him, lmao. I don't know,s eeing the very first antagonist of the series to die in such way, like if he was just a fodder character... was pretty weird.


Bert "I can accept any outcome that happens"
Bert being eaten by armin "REEEEEEEINNNNNNERRRRRR!"
 
Jun 2, 2:52 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1
Weebover9000 said:
Tsarko said:


That has at least an in-universe explanation with Eren already being titan shifter at that time. Armin surviving 50+ meter fall while covered in fourth-degree burns can't be explained.


Still, the titan shifter ability just spawned out of no where in season one, and a lot of people were cool with it before the in universe explanation was a thing.


I don't understand why you think thats plot armor. The show is centered around the Titan shifter ability. It didn't spawn out of nowhere, the events were structured around it lol. Armins fall is arguably plot armor but season 1 Eren is in no way plot armor. It was our introduction to the premise of the show.
 
Jun 2, 2:55 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 476
Illyricus said:
Well, bye, bye Erwin, you were my favourite character, but you already fought enough, may your soul rest in peace ;_; I wish he could had at least reached to the basement before dying, but that would had been way too good to happen.

Also Bertolt died like a little bitch, kinda disappointed with that, considering Reiner at least looked like he acepted he was going to die when Hanji was about to decapitate him. The dude even thought his former comrades (whom he clearly intended to kill a few moments ago) were going to rescue him, lmao. I don't know,s eeing the very first antagonist of the series to die in such way, like if he was just a fodder character... was pretty weird.

I think it makes perfect sense. Was it not obvious to you in the ep where he transformed that he's been holding up a mask of bravery solely to cope with getting the job done? He braved up a bit but his line about how "nothing is anyone's fault" sealed it for me at least that he was always a scared kid, right until the very end when he was screaming and begging for his life. Some people might've found that satisfying, I personally found it really saddening since Bert seemed the most like an indoctrinated child soldier out of the trio.

Again I always find it grim but necessary to bring up that Bert and Reiner were the same age as Eren and the others when they first broke down the wall. Keeping that fact in the back of your head when looking at the characters brings a different meaning to some of their actions imo. While Bert was the quietest I think this season really helped us look into his mindset while the last one gave us more of a look into Reiner's, Bert dying powerless as people watched on powerless/refusing to help is also fittingly ironic given how similar his death is to Eren's mom's.
Modified by Modernoir, Jun 2, 3:00 PM
 
Jun 2, 2:56 PM

Online
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 13967
Weebover9000 said:
Illyricus said:
Well, bye, bye Erwin, you were my favourite character, but you already fought enough, may your soul rest in peace ;_; I wish he could had at least reached to the basement before dying, but that would had been way too good to happen.

Also Bertolt died like a little bitch, kinda disappointed with that, considering Reiner at least looked like he acepted he was going to die when Hanji was about to decapitate him. The dude even thought his former comrades (whom he clearly intended to kill a few moments ago) were going to rescue him, lmao. I don't know,s eeing the very first antagonist of the series to die in such way, like if he was just a fodder character... was pretty weird.


Bert "I can accept any outcome that happens"
Bert being eaten by armin "REEEEEEEINNNNNNERRRRRR!"
Pretty much, lmao. I get that the message was that Bertolt was no different from all those poor bastards who were crying when they were eaten by the Titans, but after such display of cold blood and acceptance in the previous episodes, it felt jarring as heck.
 
Top
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

Preview MangaManga Store