Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 2, 2019 2:22 PM

May 2016
Whatt in the preview!?!?!?!
Kuma is a slave??
I ask myself if Oda hate that character :(
Jun 2, 2019 3:20 PM

May 2014
Hype to see Shanks in the end there. Didn't really expect that. I had always thought it was Dragon, hahaha. Well, since they had a friendly talk like that with him I suppose he is there for something important. Hmm, that certain pirate, I suppose it's none other than Luffy himself.
And "Rox". What the hell is that? It's gonna be interesting to see next ep. Many important thing got mentioned here. Poor Kuma have totally become a their dog. Not only have they used his power and body, but to see him humiliate him like that is just despicable. So they treat him like their transportation. Not really shocking coming from the Celestial Dragons. ^^
Jun 2, 2019 4:51 PM

May 2014
Three Yonko's in one episode is not something that you can see every day Kaido is a fucking beast Cant wait to see him in action

SuperRed said:
https://mobile.twitter.com/newworldartur/status/1134991687246405636

I know the anime isn't too good now, but this is keeping me optimistic.

Toei bring new director & character designers in the game Robin look astonishing
Jun 2, 2019 6:40 PM

Nov 2008
Obviously, "Rox" is the love child of Kaido and Linlin… LOL
Jun 2, 2019 7:23 PM
Aug 2015
I just rewatched all of one piece in the past 2 months so yeah
I really needed that recap
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 2, 2019 7:53 PM
Jul 2016
Can someone give me a brief summary on what happened this episode. I've been able to keep up in the past episodes but just can't do the flashback mixed with cannon information anymore. This is worse than fillers as I just skip fillers. This was the first episode that I couldn't finish.
Jun 2, 2019 8:28 PM

Jul 2013
God damn that beginning of this episode got me hyped. It's always nice to hear something about the past of he yonkos like Kaido and Big Mom and also of Garp even if I have no clue what he meant with Rocks.

Most of the episode was a recap but I'm fine with it. From now one there's nothing left to recap at least and I can't wait for the Wano arc. Seeing that trailer on twitter oh my gosh, it looks so amazing.

Shanks is definitely something special. I had never expected seeing him in the Holy Land. Was funny when Garp said Luffy still being a rookie :D

Jun 3, 2019 4:29 AM

Jul 2016
So what? Shanks is actually a celestial Dragon?
Jun 3, 2019 4:14 PM

May 2014
Vindicater said:
So what? Shanks is actually a celestial Dragon?

Or he's simply the most reasonable Yonko Only time will tell
Jun 3, 2019 4:33 PM
Sep 2015
No more flashbacks, I wish they stop the broadcast and do a good adaptation of this arc.

T.T

At least Wano looks amazing.
Jun 4, 2019 4:43 PM
Nov 2017
Lol they could have just shown the first 2 mins and last 2 mins 😅. The creators thought we might have forgot wat happend so they keep on showing the recaps. Hate the recaps!!
Jun 5, 2019 5:48 PM
Jan 2019
I'm excited, really excited! Good flashback 👌.
1.Big Mom and Kaido against Luffy
2. "Rox", What, who or who?
3. Shanks in Mariejois with the 5 elders. HOW MUCH DOES REDHEAD HAVE?! That man is incredible. First at Marineford and now this.

The arc of Wano approaches. AND IT IS!. I will never forget the name of the Ninja-Pirate-Mink-Samurai alliance. LOL 😂😂😂.

PS: Garp just laughs. LOL. He knows that his grandson will arrive much higher than now.
Jun 6, 2019 10:40 PM

Dec 2014
well really liking the summaries...quite a good refresher and the feels... thewano acr is about to strt...hmmm can't wait for the new Op
Jun 8, 2019 11:37 AM

Jun 2016
Shanks has the power to meet up with the five elders? What, how, when, why?? That really took me by surprise. I thought it was Dragon at first but that wouldn't make any sense.
Jun 9, 2019 1:49 AM

Dec 2013
I’m definitely interested to learn more about this “Rod”

Shanks me with the five elders? How?
Jun 9, 2019 10:08 PM

Feb 2015
Big Mom called Kaido to warn that she’ll defeat Luffy in Wano (Kaido’s territory). Garp was having lunch with other vice admirals and they talked about Luffy’s path to what he is now. The five elders received a visit from Shanks.

It was mostly fillers, retelling the story, I think the only important thing is that Shanks has a relation with the elders and it looks like he’s going to talk about Luffy.
Jun 12, 2019 11:31 PM

Feb 2018
lihle808 said:
Dammit! Another stupid recap. I swear if I see the person that directed these past episode I will fly kick him.

The opening scene with Kaido and Big mom was good, until the scene with Garp and navy, it was a recap from then. But Shanks brought it back. The guy is a boss for getting in the world government's offices as a pirate without any scuffle and address the Gorosei! #RESPECT to him.
FreshIngredient said:
This has to be it for the recaps for a little while, then they're going to set-up the new movie and then onto Wano!
-Vash- said:
Oh god this recap... I would of rather see the story between Kaido and Linlin ,but oh well hopefully they will stay on track from now on.
rahamim said:
I didn't even bother watching the second half of the episode.
Seriously when are they going to stop doing annoying recaps just do fillers for a year or two that way at least I don't have to watch it!
Rants aside the first half were pretty entertaining I ship big mom and kaido lol
AbrarFyioz said:
Ah the recaps havn't ended. I dunno why r they doing this . Also RIP luffy Kaido and Big mom both after him lol.
WolfWood37 said:
OMG was there even a minute of new footage? Toei is killing the greatness of this arc.

Mugundhan said:
Lol they could have just shown the first 2 mins and last 2 mins 😅. The creators thought we might have forgot wat happend so they keep on showing the recaps. Hate the recaps!!

Toei decide to sacrifice Reverie arc with recap because anime content already too close to manga content. We will come back to usual content on July 7th when Wano Kuni arc begin, with new series director and also new character design

they already release trailer for Wano Kuni Arc

Jun 20, 2019 4:29 AM

Mar 2016
So many things to be hyped out about yet so many chapters/eps away until they're fully explained/revealed!!!

• Big mom and Kaido used to be a nakama under Rox(?) before Gol. D Roger became the Pirate King?
  • Kaido owe Big Mom a huge favour?
  • Shanks talking (about Luffy?) with the Gorosei?

I just love how many interesting things are going around the One Piece world, really makes the world felt real and alive!

But goddamn was this ep full of recaps! This ep is pretty much a recap ep, there are only a few bits of new scenes in this ep.
Jun 30, 2019 1:59 PM

Jan 2011
best part when hina ask garp about hes past.
garp thinks its not a big problem for him that luffy do this.
i cant wait to see dragon in action .....
Jul 5, 2019 6:49 AM
Jun 2015
Shanks with the Five Elders? What is he up to?
Aug 2, 2019 3:11 AM

Jul 2013
Shanks is in cahoots with the fucking celestial dragons? What is the meaning of this? Don't tell me he's one of them too like Doffy.
Jan 24, 2020 2:35 PM
Jul 2018
Rox who? So many hints sprinkled here and there leading one to assume that Big Mom and Kaido used to serve under someone called Rox? And their pirate crew used to be infamously popular before Roger came and shook things up. That's interesting. Now Luffy has the anger of both emperors on his back. He better get strong enough and fast.

What's Shanks relationship with the five elders? They even went out of their way to make some time for him, signifying respect. Just who is Shanks? How come he gets a free pass to nearly anywhere? How powerful is he?
Jul 12, 2020 4:42 PM
Dec 2014
So it was Shanks and not Dragon
Aug 25, 2020 1:18 PM

Jun 2016
I wondered why we were alerted that the revolutionaries would crash the reverie as, in my eyes, not having known that and then seeing Sabo in disguise for example would be a real shocking and cool moment. Now I see, it is because our main man Shanks did that instead. Seeing him show up was definitely a shock, and I think it's interesting to think about where he will be in the series going forward. Oda always put him in the character introductions of the manga, despite him hardly ever being relevant in the present, which is indicative of his role. Instrumental to Luffy, instrumental to the era as part of the King of Pirates crew, instrumental to the sea as an emperor, and with the power and respect of others to influence Sengoku or the elders. As far as I know, we've mostly only seen the effects of Shanks, rather than his actions, we don't know what he's capable of.

In an earlier episode he said that he may see Luffy soon, which is interesting. Thematically, one has to wonder what needs to occur for them to meet. Luffy said that he would become a great pirate, one that would even surpass Shanks, and Shanks said to give him the hat back once he's a great pirate. In Marineford, he intentionally didn't confront Luffy because it wasn't time. I would imagine that he would ally with Luffy against the emperors, but I have to wonder if it's time, or if we really have to wait until Luffy is an equal or even superior to Shanks to see him again.

On top of all of this, if I recall before being captured, the Kidd alliance wanted to assassinate Shanks. With the rupture in that alliance, it's unclear how this will carry on forward, but it is another milestone to suggest Shanks further importance.

Of course, there's intrigue in Rox, a lifelong debt between Kaido and Mom, what Mom wants from Luffy other than revenge(totally Sanji as a personal chef), and Garp's relationship with everything but as it is now there isn't much to speak on so I'm going to leave that in the air until we get more.
Sep 18, 2020 9:41 AM

Mar 2020
WHAT THE HELL? Shanks with Five Elders?!??!??!?
Aug 22, 2021 10:00 PM

Sep 2015
How was garp able to talk normally while chewing his meat? xD But Shanks makes an appearance now towards the 5 elders? Woah!
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Aug 26, 2021 5:15 AM

Jun 2019
OHHHH.... Shanks?? I was surprised to see him there.
Sep 6, 2021 7:41 AM

Aug 2021
Garp still feels Luffy is weak ?!
Shanks talking to 5 Elders for a Pirate damn!!
Sep 24, 2021 9:22 AM
May 2012
How did Shanks get in Mariejois and why is talking with the 5 elders?!
Jan 3, 2022 6:07 PM

May 2016
Garp must've been really proud of Luffy deep within even if he's become an even bigger pain in the ass as he pulls off more insane and historical feats.

I definitely need to learn more about the Rocks Pirates!

Shanks ending the Paramount War for just showing up was already impressive enough but casually getting a private audience with the head honchos of the World Government as a pirate? Just how much clout and power can a man possibly have?

Aug 5, 2022 5:42 AM

Jan 2021
No way man what is Shanks doing there is he with the government nah I don’t believe this they even treated him like he’s special if he’s secretly with the government and ends up being a bad guy I would feel betrayed
Aug 20, 2022 4:41 PM

Dec 2018
this is going from recap episode into recap season. can't wait for another 300 episodes of recaps. super fun. seriously the best. i love when NOTHING FUCKING HAPPENS.
Mar 12, 4:44 PM
Oct 2019
5 mins of new content, they literally recap everything from Fish-Man Island to Whole Cake Island LMAO

Shanks meet up with the Five Elders at Mariejois???
WTF
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Luffy Has Some Body Counts ***May Contain Spoilers/Not Beyond Dressrosa Story Arc***

simonitro - Apr 14

19 by elderonn »»
36 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 328 Discussion

TheWestExit - Oct 29, 2007

39 by bakakisima »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1100 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 6

160 by Dani_1fssh »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 49 Discussion

Kaizokuou - Aug 9, 2009

49 by boterbloempje »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 123 Discussion

VARIAchan - Dec 19, 2009

45 by kejora »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.