Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: One Piece Episode 887 Discussion

Jun 1, 6:38 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, this was certainly a nice summary for the second half of One Piece.

Aside from that, some pretty cool new scenes and dialogues which give a lot of fuel for discussions.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Jun 1, 7:37 PM

I want to talk to you about a certain pirate...

Jun 1, 8:00 PM

This episode was cool and slick. For Shanks to even be granted a meeting or audience with the Gorosei gives a question. How much influence or power he even has aside from owning his own territory.

Jun 1, 8:13 PM

Dammit! Another stupid recap. I swear if I see the person that directed these past episode I will fly kick him.

The opening scene with Kaido and Big mom was good, until the scene with Garp and navy, it was a recap from then. But Shanks brought it back. The guy is a boss for getting in the world government's offices as a pirate without any scuffle and address the Gorosei! #RESPECT to him.
"You know the rules, kill them all and keep moving "--- Lil Wayne- John

Jun 1, 8:13 PM

What the hell?! SHANKS?! Shanks in a place like that?! Well, that was unexpected, goddamn my mind is blown. Well, I expected the recaps to be over, I heard last episode was the last of them, I guess not...

Jun 1, 8:18 PM

MattUzumaki said:
I want to talk to you about a certain pirate...

ha ha ha. No ways! It has to be someone relevant.
"You know the rules, kill them all and keep moving "--- Lil Wayne- John

Jun 1, 9:39 PM

Is no one going talk about the name dropped ROX and how seemingly kaido and big mom seemed to be a part of the crew which they reigned before rogers era. A massive new dynamic to the story and a potential new legendary crew and yet no one even said a single thing about it.

Jun 1, 11:23 PM

This has to be it for the recaps for a little while, then they're going to set-up the new movie and then onto Wano!

Jun 2, 12:48 AM

Oh god this recap... I would of rather see the story between Kaido and Linlin ,but oh well hopefully they will stay on track from now on.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jun 2, 2:20 AM

Seems like things are becoming interesting now that two Yonko's are after Luffy.

I wonder what happened in the past, what/who Rox is and also what the lifetime bet holds between Kaido and big Mom. Also Shanks meeting the five elders, didn't expect that.
Konichiwa fellow weebs
Noot Noot, mah brothas
Hee zeg makker

Jun 2, 2:55 AM

Why not do filler instead of recap?

Jun 2, 2:57 AM

I didn't even bother watching the second half of the episode.
Seriously when are they going to stop doing annoying recaps just do fillers for a year or two that way at least I don't have to watch it!
Rants aside the first half were pretty entertaining I ship big mom and kaido lol
Modified by rahamim, Jun 2, 3:01 AM
Love Yourself! 💖✌

Jun 2, 3:23 AM

https://mobile.twitter.com/newworldartur/status/1134991687246405636

I know the anime isn't too good now, but this is keeping me optimistic.

Jun 2, 3:36 AM

Wow, Shanks appearing there was a big surprise.

Jun 2, 4:02 AM

I thought it would be Dragon, but then he started talking and it was actually Shanks. Weird of them to just let him in like that.

Jun 2, 4:33 AM

So it's called "Rox", and not "Rocks". At least I hope it's the former, because that spelling seems much better.

Compared to the manga, things seem to happen in a completely different order here. Not sure if it's a good thing.

Also, the Wano-arc starts on 7th of july! Apparently we are not getting any filler-arc. I hope they know what they are doing.

We are merely ~35 chapters ahead of the anime. I don't know what was the smallest gap we ever had, but this seems to be a huge arc, and I would appreciate it if they didn't pump it full with flashbacks or fillers.

Jun 2, 6:41 AM

Whoa that bit at the end! Shanks!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.

Jun 2, 10:05 AM
Ah the recaps havn't ended. I dunno why r they doing this . Also RIP luffy Kaido and Big mom both after him lol.

Jun 2, 12:08 PM

OMG was there even a minute of new footage? Toei is killing the greatness of this arc.

Jun 2, 2:19 PM

A Pirate allowed in the Holy Land, NANI?

Jun 2, 2:22 PM
Whatt in the preview!?!?!?!
Kuma is a slave??
I ask myself if Oda hate that character :(

Jun 2, 3:20 PM

Hype to see Shanks in the end there. Didn't really expect that. I had always thought it was Dragon, hahaha. Well, since they had a friendly talk like that with him I suppose he is there for something important. Hmm, that certain pirate, I suppose it's none other than Luffy himself.
And "Rox". What the hell is that? It's gonna be interesting to see next ep. Many important thing got mentioned here. Poor Kuma have totally become a their dog. Not only have they used his power and body, but to see him humiliate him like that is just despicable. So they treat him like their transportation. Not really shocking coming from the Celestial Dragons. ^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jun 2, 4:51 PM

Three Yonko's in one episode is not something that you can see every day Kaido is a fucking beast Cant wait to see him in action

SuperRed said:
https://mobile.twitter.com/newworldartur/status/1134991687246405636

I know the anime isn't too good now, but this is keeping me optimistic.

Toei bring new director & character designers in the game Robin look astonishing

Jun 2, 6:40 PM

Obviously, "Rox" is the love child of Kaido and Linlin… LOL

Jun 2, 7:23 PM

I just rewatched all of one piece in the past 2 months so yeah
I really needed that recap

Jun 2, 7:53 PM
Can someone give me a brief summary on what happened this episode. I've been able to keep up in the past episodes but just can't do the flashback mixed with cannon information anymore. This is worse than fillers as I just skip fillers. This was the first episode that I couldn't finish.

Jun 2, 8:28 PM

God damn that beginning of this episode got me hyped. It's always nice to hear something about the past of he yonkos like Kaido and Big Mom and also of Garp even if I have no clue what he meant with Rocks.

Most of the episode was a recap but I'm fine with it. From now one there's nothing left to recap at least and I can't wait for the Wano arc. Seeing that trailer on twitter oh my gosh, it looks so amazing.

Shanks is definitely something special. I had never expected seeing him in the Holy Land. Was funny when Garp said Luffy still being a rookie :D

Jun 3, 4:29 AM

So what? Shanks is actually a celestial Dragon?

Jun 3, 4:14 PM

Vindicater said:
So what? Shanks is actually a celestial Dragon?

Or he's simply the most reasonable Yonko Only time will tell

Jun 3, 4:33 PM
No more flashbacks, I wish they stop the broadcast and do a good adaptation of this arc.

T.T

At least Wano looks amazing.

Jun 4, 4:43 PM
Lol they could have just shown the first 2 mins and last 2 mins 😅. The creators thought we might have forgot wat happend so they keep on showing the recaps. Hate the recaps!!

Jun 5, 5:48 PM
I'm excited, really excited! Good flashback 👌.
1.Big Mom and Kaido against Luffy
2. "Rox", What, who or who?
3. Shanks in Mariejois with the 5 elders. HOW MUCH DOES REDHEAD HAVE?! That man is incredible. First at Marineford and now this.

The arc of Wano approaches. AND IT IS!. I will never forget the name of the Ninja-Pirate-Mink-Samurai alliance. LOL 😂😂😂.

PS: Garp just laughs. LOL. He knows that his grandson will arrive much higher than now.

Jun 6, 10:40 PM

well really liking the summaries...quite a good refresher and the feels... thewano acr is about to strt...hmmm can't wait for the new Op

Jun 8, 11:37 AM

Shanks has the power to meet up with the five elders? What, how, when, why?? That really took me by surprise. I thought it was Dragon at first but that wouldn't make any sense.

Jun 9, 1:49 AM

I’m definitely interested to learn more about this “Rod”

Shanks me with the five elders? How?

Jun 9, 10:08 PM

Big Mom called Kaido to warn that she’ll defeat Luffy in Wano (Kaido’s territory). Garp was having lunch with other vice admirals and they talked about Luffy’s path to what he is now. The five elders received a visit from Shanks.

It was mostly fillers, retelling the story, I think the only important thing is that Shanks has a relation with the elders and it looks like he’s going to talk about Luffy.

Jun 12, 11:31 PM

lihle808 said:
Dammit! Another stupid recap. I swear if I see the person that directed these past episode I will fly kick him.

The opening scene with Kaido and Big mom was good, until the scene with Garp and navy, it was a recap from then. But Shanks brought it back. The guy is a boss for getting in the world government's offices as a pirate without any scuffle and address the Gorosei! #RESPECT to him.
FreshIngredient said:
This has to be it for the recaps for a little while, then they're going to set-up the new movie and then onto Wano!
-Vash- said:
Oh god this recap... I would of rather see the story between Kaido and Linlin ,but oh well hopefully they will stay on track from now on.
rahamim said:
I didn't even bother watching the second half of the episode.
Seriously when are they going to stop doing annoying recaps just do fillers for a year or two that way at least I don't have to watch it!
Rants aside the first half were pretty entertaining I ship big mom and kaido lol
AbrarFyioz said:
Ah the recaps havn't ended. I dunno why r they doing this . Also RIP luffy Kaido and Big mom both after him lol.
WolfWood37 said:
OMG was there even a minute of new footage? Toei is killing the greatness of this arc.

Mugundhan said:
Lol they could have just shown the first 2 mins and last 2 mins 😅. The creators thought we might have forgot wat happend so they keep on showing the recaps. Hate the recaps!!

Toei decide to sacrifice Reverie arc with recap because anime content already too close to manga content. We will come back to usual content on July 7th when Wano Kuni arc begin, with new series director and also new character design

they already release trailer for Wano Kuni Arc

Jun 20, 4:29 AM

So many things to be hyped out about yet so many chapters/eps away until they're fully explained/revealed!!!

• Big mom and Kaido used to be a nakama under Rox(?) before Gol. D Roger became the Pirate King?
  • Kaido owe Big Mom a huge favour?
  • Shanks talking (about Luffy?) with the Gorosei?

I just love how many interesting things are going around the One Piece world, really makes the world felt real and alive!

But goddamn was this ep full of recaps! This ep is pretty much a recap ep, there are only a few bits of new scenes in this ep.

Jun 30, 1:59 PM

best part when hina ask garp about hes past.
garp thinks its not a big problem for him that luffy do this.
i cant wait to see dragon in action .....

Jul 5, 6:49 AM
Shanks with the Five Elders? What is he up to?

Preview MangaManga Store