Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 1, 2019 9:46 AM

Oct 2013
https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/top-anime

I was surprise when I saw this, I don't know why but I always thought anime planet is the hive mind for the most snobbish persons around.
keragammingJun 2, 2019 8:36 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 1, 2019 10:11 AM

Jul 2015
This show is most probably the Anime of the Year.

Nice to see this news.

Jun 1, 2019 10:13 AM

Oct 2018
In 2 days at most, mainly if the next episode will be as good as people say, it will be top 2 here too

TBH, I think it has the potential to take over top1

One more episode like the latest one, and it will easily be 9.2
Jun 1, 2019 11:07 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
It'll be #2 on MAL by tomorrow. Next episode's gonna be intense af.
Jun 1, 2019 11:42 AM

Oct 2018
These kinda thread are so pointless
Jun 1, 2019 11:59 AM

Jan 2015
Yeah and The Rising of The Shield Hero is #39
That list means nothing lmao
Jun 1, 2019 12:03 PM

Oct 2013
Xenocrisi said:
Yeah and The Rising of The Shield Hero is #39
That list means nothing lmao

lmao, I guess I git this site totally wrong then, I don't know where I got the impression that this site has a lot of snobbish voters.
Jun 1, 2019 12:50 PM
May 2019
I think you got anime planets userbase confused with MALs, also..

@Xenocrisi

Shield hero is rated with an 8.27 on MAL, so MAL scores mean nothing, see, its easy to discredit a site just because a certain anime is high up ranking wise or has a good score.
Jun 1, 2019 12:58 PM

Jan 2009
wait for the basement reveal to see what the anime only fans will think about this show overall

off-topic i love that redesign of Anime-Planet if only it has the forum activity that MAL has then i will go there more
Jun 1, 2019 1:18 PM
May 2019
deg said:
wait for the basement reveal to see what the anime only fans will think about this show overall

off-topic i love that redesign of Anime-Planet if only it has the forum activity that MAL has then i will go there more

I think the small commute on AP forums is a blessing tbh, less activity=less cancerous forums like the ones on MAL
Jun 1, 2019 9:35 PM

Apr 2019
Any Ranking where Shield Hero is within the Top 1000 is a bad List anyway.
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 1, 2019 11:57 PM

Oct 2018
Shield Hero has the correct rank on AP

It's MAL where it had an unfair score

Its score is only decreasing on MAL, because this site is full of lifeless haters and kids who hate popular stuff
Jun 2, 2019 4:17 AM

Jan 2015
Overall the top anime are really similar on both sites.

-Aincrad- said:

Its score is only decreasing on MAL, because this site is full of lifeless haters and kids who hate popular stuff

No it doesn't. Its slowly going where it belongs on mal, below 7, because its an overrated trash

bnha rank 6 is also very questionable
Jun 2, 2019 4:27 AM
Apr 2018
anyone knows what time is the next episode airing? because last episode was delayed by funimation and other streaming services.
Jun 2, 2019 4:51 AM

May 2016
-Aincrad- said:
In 2 days at most, mainly if the next episode will be as good as people say, it will be top 2 here too

The score will decrease after the anime ends. The most people only will only rate, if the anime ended (because it makes no sense to rate a series before it ends)
-
Jun 2, 2019 6:55 AM
May 2019
SheevPalpatine said:
-Aincrad- said:

The score will decrease after the anime ends. The most people only will only rate, if the anime ended (because it makes no sense to rate a series before it ends)

Let people rate how they want to.
Jun 2, 2019 7:04 AM
Mar 2019
-Aincrad- said:

LOL, why do you call it unfair, SNK is 100 percent like MANGA, while SHIELD HERO is only 50 percent like LN / MANGA, it deserves them to be hated, deserves their score down, so just drop it into a dump dude, like chocolata and secco kicked into the trash by gang buccarati
Jun 2, 2019 7:11 AM
May 2019
LightoLhxd4 said:
-Aincrad- said:

LOL, why do you call it unfair, SNK is 100 percent like MANGA, while SHIELD HERO is only 50 percent like LN / MANGA, it deserves them to be hated, deserves their score down, so just drop it into a dump dude, like chocolata and secco kicked into the trash by gang buccarati

So just because it adapts both sources it deserves to be trashed? Sorry but that logic makes about 0 sense, im a fan of shield hero (moreso the novel), and I understand the anime has some flaws, which is why I dont rate it a 9 or a 10, its more around the range of a 7-8 out of 10 anime, depending on the person. Anything six and below is a bit much imo. 7 is honestly the best score for shield
Jun 2, 2019 7:52 AM

May 2016
Weebover9000 said:
SheevPalpatine said:

Let me say my opinion about MAL's dumb rating system :)
-
Jun 2, 2019 7:52 AM

Mar 2016
Anime-Planet is a garbage tracking site. The scores there are terrible.
Jun 2, 2019 7:55 AM
May 2019
SheevPalpatine said:
Weebover9000 said:

Let me say my opinion about MAL's dumb rating system :)

I mean, this rating system is pretty much on almost every site its that common, so dont blame only MAL
Jun 2, 2019 10:18 AM

Apr 2018
A silent voice and Haikyu!! In top 5. I kinda like this list.
Jun 2, 2019 10:54 AM

Oct 2013
Wow, a rating site even worse than MAL.
Jun 2, 2019 8:34 PM

Oct 2013
snk is now joint number 2 on mal, also behind fmab. The lead is so big for fmab on mal that I'm not sure if snk has a chance of catching up to it, but we will see.
Jun 2, 2019 10:39 PM

Aug 2016
Never looked at anime-planet before.

Imagine having my hero academia higher than Hunter X Hunter. LOL
Jun 3, 2019 2:26 AM

Nov 2018
And now it's number 3 on here, overtaking Steins;Gate as the second most popular TV series

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Jun 3, 2019 2:42 AM
Jun 2016
Vivekananda said:

Nice to see this news.

Vinland Saga could beat it imo
Jun 3, 2019 2:48 AM

Jul 2015
kubolok said:
Vivekananda said:

Nice to see this news.

Vinland Saga could beat it imo

Yeah the only show that can give it a close competition.

Though as it is a Seinen so it is a difficult to be the Anime of the Year,as generally Seinen's tend to be bit underrated in the anime fandom.

Jun 3, 2019 3:28 AM
Aug 2018
-Aincrad- said:

It will be downvoted by fanboys of the current top2, don't worry lmao
Jun 3, 2019 3:51 AM

Nov 2007
Threads like these put HxH (2011) and FMA:B trolls on alert. I am expecting the last few lines to change below pretty soon!

Happy reporting!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 3, 2019 4:32 AM

Jun 2014
Honestly, it deserves it. Obviously the score will drop as the hype decreases but as of now this season is pretty much everything I could have possibly asked for. Just amazing. I've not been this hyped for an anime in like 3 years. I remember reading a while ago that Isayama had extended the manga beyond what had originally been planned and got worried that the quality might drop. It absolutely didn't, he clearly knows where he wants to take the story and it shows. Man and to think that some manga readers are saying the next season could be better, dang I can't even imagine.

This makes me think that the producers (Kodansha, Wit) really botched the release strategy of this anime after the first season. Without the four years wait between seasons 1 and 2, its popularity wouldn't have fizzled out so fast.

Jun 3, 2019 5:18 AM
Jan 2019
i wouldn’t be surprised to see the score climb, the rest of the episodes left are all going to be amazing
Jun 3, 2019 5:50 AM

Aug 2013
The only thing I have to complain about with this series is the major quality drop with the Colossal Titan. It is such a stain on the animation of this series that it makes the CG in Goblin Slayer look like peak level quality. But at least they are going all out in this season because in my personal opinion, it's the last good arc of the series.
Don't believe the hype.
Jun 3, 2019 5:53 AM

Nov 2018
>MHA above HxH, Mob Psycho and Gintama

AnimePlanet is automatically trash.
Jun 3, 2019 5:53 AM
May 2019
DedPanda said:
The only thing I have to complain about with this series is the major quality drop with the Colossal Titan. It is such a stain on the animation of this series that it makes the CG in Goblin Slayer look like peak level quality. But at least they are going all out in this season because in my personal opinion, it's the last good arc of the series.

Well, that colossal titan would be a bitch for any studio to try animating in todays anime industry situation since its moving and not still like in S1
Jun 3, 2019 5:55 AM

Aug 2013
Weebover9000 said:
DedPanda said:

Well, that colossal titan would be a bitch for any studio to try animating in todays anime industry situation since its moving and not still like in S1

valid point, it's just sad that like it couldn't be better so to speak because...holy crap it looks off as hell
Don't believe the hype.
Jun 3, 2019 5:56 AM
May 2019
SRti0 said:

Imagine having different tastes and liking an anime more than the other anime some other person enjoys more, what blasphemy. How dare people enjoy something I think is trash. (Note, this is sarcasm.)
Jun 3, 2019 5:57 AM

Nov 2018
Weebover9000 said:
SRti0 said:

Imagine having different tastes and liking an anime more than the other anime some other person enjoys more, what blasphemy. How dare people enjoy something I think is trash. (Note, this is sarcasm.)

Tis' a joke as well friend.
Jun 3, 2019 5:58 AM
May 2019
SRti0 said:
Weebover9000 said:

Tis' a joke as well friend.

I couldnt tell cause a few people here are seriously having that mentality, lol
Jun 3, 2019 6:55 AM
Feb 2017
-Aincrad- said:

I have the show as a 6 currently because it has problems with the fights, characters, etc. Do I hate it because it's popular?
Jun 3, 2019 7:10 AM

Jan 2015
JFuji said:
Never looked at anime-planet before.

Imagine having my hero academia higher than Hunter X Hunter. LOL

thats where i knew that site is even worse indicator for scores than mal
Jun 3, 2019 7:10 AM
Mar 2018
Although it has surpassed my favorite Anime of all time, I'm happy for it! I wish it could surpass fmab too
Jun 3, 2019 7:26 AM
Jun 2017
Steiner1411 said:
Although it has surpassed my favorite Anime of all time, I'm happy for it! I wish it could surpass fmab too

OMG,I can't believe there is someone mature in this site,I thought this site was full of kids.
Same,I watched FMAB recently,but didn't think it deserves the first rank,though i gave it a fair score,just because it's above my favorite anime,doesn't mean I would hate on it and give it a 1 like some other childish people do.
amine60__SBDJun 3, 2019 7:32 AM
Jun 3, 2019 7:30 AM
Mar 2018
amine60__SBD said:

OMG,I can't believe there is someone mature in this site,I thought this site was full of kilds.
Same,I watched FMAB recently,but didn't think it deserves the first rank,though i gave it a fair score,just because it's above my favorite anime,doesn't mean I would hate on it and give it a 1 like some other childish people do.

Some adults never grow up lol xD                                        
Jun 3, 2019 7:31 AM
Aug 2018
Steiner1411 said:

Yeah, my favourite show is Steins;Gate but I actually don’t mind a show like SNK S3 P2 pass it, even reach top 1
Jun 3, 2019 7:36 AM
Mar 2018
DontSueMe said:

Yeah, my favourite show is Steins;Gate but I actually don’t mind a show like SNK S3 P2 pass it, even reach top 1

Yeah it feels good to see new names in the Top 100
Jun 3, 2019 7:37 AM

Oct 2015
amine60__SBD said:
Steiner1411 said:

OMG,I can't believe there is someone mature in this site,I thought this site was full of kilds.
I think the reason you basically only see kids commenting around here, especially on the most popular / highly rated shows is because those are the types of people that instantly feel either strongly negative or positive about something, and feel the need to affirm those strong beliefs in some way, either because they don't have someone else or many people to talk to or for any other reason, while the people who actually want to attempt at a fair discussion on any topic will either be somewhere else talking to likeminded anime fans, in person, in other forums like reddit or PM'ing the people they like to talk to on MAL.

I certainly don't love Attack on Titan as much as Hunter x Hunter, or FMAB, or many other shows on the Top Anime page, but I can't help but get excited when a new anime entry shows up and takes the top places! I always get intrigued to know what made that show resonate with so many people, regardless of me disliking it, being indifferent to it or liking it, and that's one of the most interesting things about this website imo.
Jun 3, 2019 7:41 AM

Dec 2015
been a while since i added another 1/10 to my list. but ive done my part 🤠🤠
no
Jun 3, 2019 7:53 AM

Apr 2019
Roronoa said:

Good for you , hope you are satisfied new .
Jun 3, 2019 9:40 AM

Nov 2007
Roronoa said:

As long as you don't make secondary, tertiary, etc. etc. accounts and content with the part you've played, you are more than welcome to give it a 1 if you feel like it.

Personally, I would only give 1 to an anime that was so bad that it made me vomit blood or offended my parents or something like that.

I mean I found SAO uber trashy but I still gave that garbage a 4/10.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

801 by mapachefffff »»
Apr 4, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.