Forum Settings
Forums

President Trump to announce second term 2020 presidential run at rally in Orlando on June 18

New
Jun 1, 2019 5:51 AM

Nov 2018
The president has a re-election campaign rally planned for June 18 in Downtown Orlando at the Amway Center. FOX 35 confirmed with Mayor Buddy Dyer's office that the Trump campaign team signed an agreement to rent the Amway Center, for the event for a cost of $145,000.

President Trump on Friday tweeted that he would use the event to officially launch his bid for a second presidential term and would be joined by First Lady Melania and Vice President Mike Pence.

A protest has already been planned for the event. According to the Facebook page for the 'Resist Hate Rally Orlando,' it will take place on June 18 at 5:00 p.m. The exact location is yet-to-be-determined.

"Donald Trump is holding a MAGA rally in Orlando. Let’s welcome him in the way we know best: by telling him that hate has no place here," the description for the event reads.

This would be the president's first campaign rally in Central Florida since February 2017. Trump kicked off his 2020 campaign less than a month after his inauguration, the Orlando Sentinel reports.

http://www.fox5dc.com/home/president-trump-to-hold-rally-in-downtown-orlando-june-18

Rumps next term will be a prison term.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jun 1, 2019 5:59 AM

Jan 2009
not gonna be surprise if he wins again although Bernie Sanders and even Andrew Yang (at least on the internet with #YangGang) are making noise
Jun 1, 2019 8:28 AM

Nov 2008
Prison term? He isn't even getting impeached, the Dems are talking in hot air much like Trump does a lot, they aren't that stupid.

Jun 1, 2019 10:48 AM

Jun 2015
the only thing better than trump being president for 4 years is trump being president for 8. Trump2020

unironically though, the memes arn't there anymore. I think the next pres is gonna have to be an even bigger meme than trump.
Jun 1, 2019 10:53 AM

Mar 2011
Is this his first campaign? cause I swear I see the guy at rallies, when hes not overseas or playing golf.
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Jun 1, 2019 11:56 AM

May 2010
The only reason dems want to impeach him is because if you're impeached you can't hold a position in political office again. They don't want or care about Trump getting any harsher penalty than that, they just think he's throwing a wrench into their plans and he is.
Jun 1, 2019 12:33 PM

Jun 2008
Thrashinuva said:
The only reason dems want to impeach him is because if you're impeached you can't hold a position in political office again. They don't want or care about Trump getting any harsher penalty than that, they just think he's throwing a wrench into their plans and he is.

First of all the Democrats have already shown themselves to be MASSIVE cowards...so don’t worry, your dear leader isn’t going to be Impeached.

Because, unfortunately, we don’t actually live in a country where the Constitution is defended.

Trump is most certainly GUILTY of Obstruction of Justice...but who cares, becasue 2020 is already here!

The ONLY bright point in all of this is that Trump’s brand name is forever ruined.

Before he ever decided to go into politics...Trump WAS seen as a successful businessman, with his name everywhere and it didn’t matter if you were on the Right or Left, people didn’t hate him.

All of that is now over...the second he’s no longer president, he (whatever amount of years he has left on this planet) will be a pariah by a large section of the population....people are not going to let this go.
Jun 1, 2019 12:55 PM

Feb 2010
--ALEX-- said:
Thrashinuva said:

but who cares, becasue 2020 is already here!

its still 2019 last i checked.

also Andrew Yang clearly has him beat :P

GrimAtramentJun 1, 2019 12:58 PM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jun 1, 2019 1:28 PM

Jun 2008
I think you know what I meant when I said “2020 is already here”

Im not mixing politics with memes, because we have clearly seen what that does.

Right now Bernie and Warren are my picks.

They are both running on Medicare for all, they are not accepting PAC money, and they have been consistent on their stances....especially Bernie.
Jun 1, 2019 1:45 PM

Nov 2008
--ALEX-- said:

They are both running on Medicare for all, they are not accepting PAC money, and they have been consistent on their stances....especially Bernie.

Warren ain't getting in, she ruined her chances a few years ago and Bernie will not be chosen by the DNC, Gabbard and Yang need to wait until 2024 for a chance at winning. The elections post Trump are going to be fun, I just wonder who's running on the GOP side in 2024.

Jun 1, 2019 1:53 PM

Jun 2008
Hoppy said:
--ALEX-- said:

Warren ain't getting in, she ruined her chances a few years ago and Bernie will not be chosen by the DNC, Gabbard and Yang need to wait until 2024 for a chance at winning. The elections post Trump are going to be fun, I just wonder who's running on the GOP side in 2024.

If the DNC even attempts any shenanigans at all...they will be absolutely destroyed.

So, I highly doubt that will happen.

Biden, Bernie or Warren...that is your final 3 I can almost guarantee it!

And I DO believe Bernie will win the nomination this time.
Jun 1, 2019 2:52 PM

Dec 2012
No serious person is looking forward to 2020. Choosing between Trump and the Dems is like choosing between cyanide and rabies. Both are going to have you frothing at the mouth in agony.
Jun 1, 2019 4:50 PM

Jan 2017
Trump2020, he's already won.
And anyone who votes for bernie has a IQ lower than 40

Jun 1, 2019 4:57 PM

Jun 2014
Why is everybody talking about Bernie?

Biden is the most likely person to be running against Trump in 2020.

Jun 1, 2019 9:06 PM

Jul 2015
If he's announcing that he's going to announce it, doesn't that mean he has already announced it?
Jun 1, 2019 9:16 PM

Apr 2012
pretty sure 2016 was peak Bernie
kinda lost his chance after losing the nomination to Killary kappa

democrats seem too fractured ideologically to win anything while Republicans just continue to worship Trump, which is actually pretty effective/unifying because they aren't all over the place

Jun 1, 2019 9:28 PM
May 2019
The 2018 midterm was the largest one ever because of the dislike for Trump.

There's only one way for him to win. And it's gonna involve Iran and would cause the bankruptcy of the Eurasian Continent. If he does it, there is nothing that they can do to stop him.
Jun 2, 2019 2:25 AM

Mar 2008
Cneq said:

“What I meant to say is when you talk about ghettos traditionally, what you’re talking about is African-American communities. I think many white people are not aware of the kinds of pressures and the kind of police oppression that sometimes takes place within the African-American community,”
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/bernie-sanders-attempts-clarify-ghetto-comment-n533466

In other words he was saying white people in general aren't really aware of what it is like for poor black people not negating white poor people. It was pretty obvious that is what he meant. He had an unfortunately very poor choice of words.
Jun 2, 2019 3:02 AM

Jan 2017
traed said:
Cneq said:

“What I meant to say is when you talk about ghettos traditionally, what you’re talking about is African-American communities. I think many white people are not aware of the kinds of pressures and the kind of police oppression that sometimes takes place within the African-American community,”
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/bernie-sanders-attempts-clarify-ghetto-comment-n533466

In other words he was saying white people in general aren't really aware of what it is like for poor black people not negating white poor people. It was pretty obvious that is what he meant. He had an unfortunately very poor choice of words.
I could care less of what he wrote afterwards to save face. Even if we were going to go down the route that he did mean "most white people aren't aware of what's it's like to be poor" it's a extremely generalized and ignorant statement. There are plenty of african-americans and hispanics that have double or triple the amount of wealth some white families have.
Jun 2, 2019 4:02 AM

Mar 2008
Cneq said:
traed said:
“What I meant to say is when you talk about ghettos traditionally, what you’re talking about is African-American communities. I think many white people are not aware of the kinds of pressures and the kind of police oppression that sometimes takes place within the African-American community,” https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/bernie-sanders-attempts-clarify-ghetto-comment-n533466 In other words he was saying white people in general aren't really aware of what it is like for poor black people not negating white poor people. It was pretty obvious that is what he meant. He had an unfortunately very poor choice of words.
I could care less of what he wrote afterwards to save face. Even if we were going to go down the route that he did mean "most white people aren't aware of what's it's like to be poor" it's a extremely generalized and ignorant statement. There are plenty of african-americans and hispanics that have double or triple the amount of wealth some white families have.

You're not even from America so subtext of American culture and society can more easily go over your head. Here's why what you're saying is a highly unlikely meaning.

-He's white and doesn't hide it or act regretful over it

Radio host: "So, Bernie, 44 out of 45 presidents in this country have been white men. Do you think we need another one?”
Bernie: “Well, I think you need this one" (referring to himself)
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/432507-radio-host-asks-bernie-sanders-if-country-needs-more-white-men-as-president

-He reportedly grew up in a financially struggling family (and obviously a white one)

"My experience as a child, living in a family that struggled economically, powerfully influenced my life and my values. I know where I came from, and that is something I will never forget." https://kutv.com/news/nation-world/bernie-sanders-returns-to-ny-roots-says-he-can-defeat-trump

-Says class is more important than race.

“There are people who are very big into diversity but whose views end up being not particularly sympathetic to working people, whether they’re white or black or Latino. My main belief is that we need to bring together a coalition of people—of black and white and Latino and Asian-American and Native-American—around a progressive agenda which is prepared to take on an extraordinarily powerful ruling class in this country. That is my view. Many of my opponents do not hold that view, and they think that all that we need is people who are candidates who are black or white, who are black or Latino or woman or gay, regardless of what they stand for, that the end result is diversity.” https://www.nbcnews.com/card/interview-bernie-sanders-prioritizes-class-over-race-n962351

Clearly he is well aware of poor white people and well off minorities.
Jun 2, 2019 5:24 AM

Jan 2017
traed said:
Cneq said:

You're not even from America so subtext of American culture and society can more easily go over your head. Here's why what you're saying is a highly unlikely meaning.

Radio host: "So, Bernie, 44 out of 45 presidents in this country have been white men. Do you think we need another one?”
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/432507-radio-host-asks-bernie-sanders-if-country-needs-more-white-men-as-president

-He reportedly grew up in a financially struggling family (and obviously a white one)

"My experience as a child, living in a family that struggled economically, powerfully influenced my life and my values. I know where I came from, and that is something I will never forget." https://kutv.com/news/nation-world/bernie-sanders-returns-to-ny-roots-says-he-can-defeat-trump

“There are people who are very big into diversity but whose views end up being not particularly sympathetic to working people, whether they’re white or black or Latino. My main belief is that we need to bring together a coalition of people—of black and white and Latino and Asian-American and Native-American—around a progressive agenda which is prepared to take on an extraordinarily powerful ruling class in this country. That is my view. Many of my opponents do not hold that view, and they think that all that we need is people who are candidates who are black or white, who are black or Latino or woman or gay, regardless of what they stand for, that the end result is diversity.” https://www.nbcnews.com/card/interview-bernie-sanders-prioritizes-class-over-race-n962351

I was born in the US and despite my MAL profile saying Australia I've only been living here for two years. I grew up in a mainly poor mexican neighbourhood [with a few white families as well] and I'm still not seeing how any of these sources give more context or justify what he said. Regardless of him growing up in a financially "struggling" family or his comments to rally everyone regardless of race against class only makes what he said look like a massive contradiction. Someone who understands poverty and the various effects it has on different ethnic groups would never be so ignorant to make a statement like that on live tv while running as a presidential candidate. In a normal situation this could be just chopped up as a bad choice of words but given the gravity of the event I highly doubt someone with the capacity to run a country would make such a careless mistake such as this.
Jun 2, 2019 12:33 PM

Mar 2008
Cneq said:
traed said:

I was born in the US and despite my MAL profile saying Australia I've only been living here for two years. I grew up in a mainly poor mexican neighbourhood [with a few white families as well] and I'm still not seeing how any of these sources give more context or justify what he said. Regardless of him growing up in a financially "struggling" family or his comments to rally everyone regardless of race against class only makes what he said look like a massive contradiction. Someone who understands poverty and the various effects it has on different ethnic groups would never be so ignorant to make a statement like that on live tv while running as a presidential candidate. In a normal situation this could be just chopped up as a bad choice of words but given the gravity of the event I highly doubt someone with the capacity to run a country would make such a careless mistake such as this.

Everyone makes mistakes therefor no one should run a country if that is what you think is that a leader must be perfect. I don't think he's ideal by my standards but is better than the usual on certain issues and character which is worth defending where it seems he may need to be. It was just a one time thing even going back decades not a regular occurrence which would be more concerning. He isn't so leftist that he can see things only from a class perspective he sees class issues and racial issues existing together and interacting with eachother. So while a poor white person and a poor black person will share much of the same issues the black person may have racial prejudice on top of that and have systematic racism as another barrior even if they never face racial prejudice directly. on top of that generally speaking. That isn't to say that a white person can't experience racial prejudice just that statistically it would be more common in the black community when we are talking about the US. I checked further on his past and can dispel your questionability about his experiences.

Sanders had grown up in Brooklyn, in Flatbush, in a three-and-a-half-room walkup. He was lower middle class, the son of a housewife and a Polish immigrant who sold paint. He was Jewish. He was, he once said, “very conscious as a kid that my father’s whole family was killed by Hitler."

That summer, not quite 23, he and his wife, Deborah Sanders, bought for $2,500 some property in Vermont, near Montpelier in the town of Middlesex off Shady Rill Road, according to property records. He wanted to live in the country, he has said, and had some inheritance money from his father, who had died in 1963. They spent parts of the next few summers on the property, living in what had been a maple sugar shack with a dirt floor. The marriage ended only two years after it began, in 1966.

He bounced around for a few years, working stints in New York as an aide at a psychiatric hospital and teaching preschoolers for Head Start, and in Vermont researching property taxation for the Vermont Department of Taxes and registering people for food stamps for a nonprofit called the Bread and Law Task Force.

By 1968, he was living in Vermont full time. On March 17, 1969, according to records, Sanders bought another property, in out-of-the-way Stannard, with a population of fewer than 200 people, in the rural area of Vermont called the Northeast Kingdom. Four days later, Levi Noah Sanders was born, at Brightlook Hospital in St. Johnsbury, Vermont; according to his birth certificate, his mother was a woman named Susan Campbell Mott.

He shared custody of his son in an informal arrangement with Mott, according to people who knew them. “She was around a lot,” Nancy Barnett, a friend who lived nearby, told me. Barnett called Mott “a pretty quiet, private person.” Sanders rented a small brick duplex at 295 1/2 Maple Street that was filled with not much furniture and not much food in the fridge but stacks of checked-out library books and scribbled-on legal pads. His son, who called his father “Bernard,” had an upstairs bedroom.

“Pretty sparse,” Gene Bergman, an old friend, said about the apartment.

“Stark and dark,” said Darcy Troville, a fellow Liberty Unionite who lived around the corner and shared with Sanders homemade jellies and jams.

“The electricity was turned off a lot,” Barnett said. “I remember him running an extension cord down to the basement. He couldn’t pay his bills.”

He worked some as a carpenter, although “he was a shitty carpenter,” Bloch told me. “His carpentry,” Morrisseau said, “was not going to support him, and didn’t.”

He worked as a freelance writer, putting intermittent pieces in the low-budget Vermont Freeman, a Burlington alternative weekly called the Vanguard Press and a glossy, state-supported magazine called Vermont Life.
He was on unemployment for a few months in 1971.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/07/bernie-sanders-vermont-119927
Jun 2, 2019 12:58 PM

Sep 2014
isnt it a bit dishonest to call it a hate rally?
Jun 5, 2019 8:06 AM

Nov 2016
I want Trump to win again because it makes the crazies really upset. As a powerful Alpha male, seeing weak people cry amuses me.
Jun 5, 2019 6:38 PM
Jul 2018
he has more chances to win than many democrats wish to acknowledge. no idea how he will keep spinning his constant failures outside of "muh libruls don't let me do shit".

i don't like how his brand of stupid got popular on canditates of other countries tho. it might work on america, but most of rest of the would could do without a copy cat that is many times more bumbling.
Jun 6, 2019 12:09 AM
Jul 2018
good luck with that you fucking fggt youve basically done nothing but make our nation look exponentially more stupid the past nearly 3 years
Jun 6, 2019 12:18 AM

Jan 2013
I don't even know which one would be better; Trump winning or losing.

On one hand, USA would keep showing how backwards it is on many fronts and we would get to meme more. On the other hand, innocent people would be caught in the cross-fire.
Jun 7, 2019 12:10 PM

Dec 2018
Trump 2016 was rather surreal, if a bit disappointing. I haven't been following politics for the last year so I'm not gonna put out some "theoretical" votes.
Jun 7, 2019 12:48 PM

Oct 2018
If he wins again he'll just make the U.S look dumber.~

Good ole times:

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Jun 7, 2019 12:52 PM

Oct 2015
Lila said:
If he wins again he'll just make the U.S look dumber.~

Good ole times:

This made my morning, thank you
Jun 7, 2019 1:00 PM

Jan 2019
As I said before, the Democrats' platform is way too weak. They realized that being too far left scares voters away and are now trying to be more moderate, a role they are not exactly good at playing out.

The front runner is Joe Biden and the only reason he was picked was because he was associated with Obama who has a relativity positive image.
Jun 8, 2019 12:06 AM

Aug 2017
I'm not American but Trump is better than Obama. Remember that Obama and friends invaded Libya, ruined Syria and caused the European migrant crisis.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.