Forums
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Post New Reply
Jun 2, 2:45 AM

Shoujo Ai/Yuri like Bloom Into You
OP anime like OPM and Overlord
Just good comedy

Jun 2, 3:21 AM

More Thriller/Drama/Timetravel anime with actual polish and good writing.

Jun 2, 7:17 AM

I want more fully CG anime. Kinda like what tatsuki does.

Jun 2, 7:24 AM

I want more of Psychological animes, remember Welcome to the NHK! This one is awesome. Now to many isekais but i dont complain about that, more thriller anime series aswell.

Jun 2, 9:07 AM

More Survival +l horror anime, I really love those.
More Romance stories with adult couples
Modified by Jaemae, Jun 2, 10:01 AM

Jun 2, 9:26 AM

- Anime featuring adults rather than kids / highschoolers
- Thriller, Psychological, Mystery - there's not enough
- Quality Horror Anime

Jun 2, 9:34 AM

Humans VS Humans War/Military, doesn't matter if there's Super Power/Magic involved.

No Humans VS X species like AOT, or Mechs like Code Geass.

Just humans fighting each other with firearms/magic/super powers.
Modified by Gythia, Jun 2, 9:37 AM

Jun 2, 11:02 AM
OP character anime badass thug life

More romance amines that are good. Tbh there are not many that are "good".

I can't get myself to rewatch a single romance anime (because I can't....) compared to the thug life OP characters

Jun 2, 11:29 AM

We need more denpa anime. I'm only aware of Higurashi and Chaos;Head, maybe there's a few more. Might be nice to see adaptations of some highly regarded denpa classics like Sayonara wo Oshiete and Jisatsu no Tame no 101 no Houhou.

Jun 2, 1:08 PM
more like non non biyori and barakamon. and of course, ghibli movies

Jun 2, 1:26 PM

More psychological and/or action thrillers
More anti-heros especially as protagonists
More cyberpunk
More darker shows
More combat action shows that don't involve superpowers, supernatural (can be military combat, any sort of melee combat, projectile fight, fights with vehicles, etc)
More high quality production shows
More "good guys" losing (not talking about NTR)
More characters not giving a fuck
More anime produced that are similar to my favorites or sequels of my favorites
More actual robot characters and not people in a mecha suit
More completed adaptations, full stories with a conclusion
Modified by MechKingKillbot, Jun 2, 1:45 PM

Jun 2, 1:55 PM

i wouldn't mind more anime based off of romance/shoujo manga, they usually have little/no conflict and more light-hearted comedy.

「 はす 」
hasu_

Jun 2, 2:03 PM

More dialogue-centric anime (ex: Monogatari series)
More realistic romance (ex: Tsuki Ga Kirei)
More high school anime that re-define the genre, especially ones with an incredible character cast. Although there are many high school anime with a "quirky" character cast nowadays, they don't feel new whatsoever. (ex: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
More anime with mentally ill protagonists that doesn't take itself way too seriously 100% of the time, but is still genuine (ex: Welcome to the NHK)
LESS cash-cow 12 episode series.

Really, at the end of the day, I want anime with some sticking power. Recently, shows just feel so damn forgettable. I want to be surprised with something that separates itself from the pack and will stick.

Jun 2, 2:11 PM

I want more shows that take place in a pre-modern or relatively modern setting, but, surprise! It was actually futuristic sci-fi the entire time!

Examples: Fantastic Children (kinda), Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water, Trigun, Shin Sekai Yori (again, kinda), and Scrapped Princess (before the sci-fi was outright abandoned).

This glorious signature made by @Mayumi leads to my
superior reviews! Most Recent: Mirai of the Future!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Isekai peaked in the 90s. The genre has sucked ever since.
There is nothing wrong with liking shounen action anime.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There is always top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Ghost in the Shell SAC 2nd GIG."

Jun 2, 3:23 PM

Psychological, Thriller.
............. and Shounen Ai without fanservice pls i just want to see cute shit.

Jun 2, 3:37 PM
Would love to have some more yaoi, but like stuff with a plot. Don’t get me wrong, I love the fluff and hearts kind of things... but would like an action yaoi or something haha I don’t know.

Jun 2, 4:18 PM
△☹▽

I would want more shows similar to Ergo Proxy... I really enjoy those dark themed psychological mysteries set in a post-apocalyptic or rather dystopian future.

Jun 2, 4:27 PM

I’d say the two types I want to see more of would sci-fi/fantasy thrillers and actually, well-done romance anime.

Jun 2, 4:29 PM

Kawhi said:
I would want more shows similar to Ergo Proxy... I really enjoy those dark themed psychological mysteries set in a post-apocalyptic or rather dystopian future.

Watch Casshern Sins, its way better than Ergo Proxy

Jun 2, 4:32 PM
A good dystopian world, or any anime with good world building in general.

Jun 2, 5:05 PM
I really want some good Mecha/military animes not like ditf something like aldnoah zero or new Gundam serie

Jun 2, 5:08 PM

Old school samurai, it seems to be on the rise now thanks to a remake of Dororo & the announcement of Blade of the Immortal, but before than it was years in between for a new show or movie. Let's be honest, if they can put out 5 Isekai a season, they can at least put out a samurai series once a year.

Jun 2, 5:17 PM
I would like more military types anime. Anime that are based on countries and monarchies. Also more political anime.

Jun 2, 7:58 PM
More of Oregairu genre please something like hikigaya personality

Jun 2, 8:44 PM

I want more action fighting anime, while they still kinda exist now, I feel like they have been pushed aside for cutesy stuff (I like cutesy stuff but I want muscle)

That and I want more Cyberpunk aesthetics

Jun 2, 8:57 PM

I want more really good Magic Academy anime. I've always thought those were fun to watch.

Jun 2, 8:58 PM

I want more hobby-related anime like:

Ball-jointed dolls (we got Rozen Maiden 2013 but that's not quite...)

Gothic Lolita clothes (or just Lolita fashion) we have an anime about a f*cking UNDERWEAR CLUB and you can't give me THIS, Japan!? Really!?

ALSO MORE MAGICAL GIRL ANIME FOR GIRLS AND NOT PERVERTED OLD GUYS, PLEASE?

Jun 2, 10:08 PM

psychological thriller with epic music. gotta love that
Yolo

Jun 2, 11:19 PM
Definitely more mystery thrillers, an amazing genre that never fails to keep me interested and on my toes.

Jun 2, 11:25 PM

There is a disturbing lack of Cars anime.
Like, okay we have Initial D and Redline, but I don't know a single recent anime of the cars genre. They should make more of them.

Jun 3, 1:02 AM

I want a worthy modern successor to the Evangelion/Utena/Lain sequence of the 90s.

Jun 3, 1:30 AM

I would LOVE to have more romance + comedy + school anime
Exactly like Toradora

"O kawaii koto"
( ´• ᴗ •` )

Jun 3, 3:30 AM

I want more cute comedy , slice of life and yuri. I also want more romance anime without drama.

Jun 3, 3:37 AM

more scifi similar to Dirty Pair, Space Adventure Cobra, Urashiman, Oban Star Racers, Captain Future, Birdy etc

Though they would be void without fanservice and ecchi

Jun 3, 3:51 AM

petran79 said:
more scifi similar to Dirty Pair, Space Adventure Cobra, Urashiman, Oban Star Racers, Captain Future, Birdy etc

Though they would be void without fanservice and ecchi

I'm pretty sure at least two of those are loaded with fanservice.

Jun 3, 4:41 AM

I'd like more anime based on historic events and more anime with fictional worlds that focus on politics/ interactions between countries.
Papaya!

Jun 3, 6:30 AM

More quality episodic BL shows, please.

I can only think of No. 6 & YoI as examples but both are ambiguous af anyway. The other good ones I can think of rn are usually an OVA and the episodic ones we have so far are either plotless, sexualized trash (Gosh I hate Dakaretai and Papa Datte so much) or subpar at best (the recent one was Super Lovers and it was 2 years ago, dammit).

Like, seriously it's so sad. We're literally just eating of crumbs from fujo-baited non-BL shows and it's annoying. I can only hope for the best with Given & 10 Count this year but... there really hasn't been enough of these kinda shows for years.

Jun 3, 8:20 AM
My list of anime:

1. More adaptations of books/stories/poems by famous Japanese writers/poets(There's really only a few of them and most are old and obscure, so there needs to be more modern adaptations of them!) Many Japanese writers/poets also never even had their stories made into anime, so the more Japanese writers they adapt from, the better!!!

NOTE: I don't mean Mangaka or Light Novel writers, i'm talking about famous writers of the past.

2. Adaptations of the life of famous Japanese writers, some have led very dramatic/sad lives that would make for some great anime! (I know there's the Aoi Bungaku anime and the new No longer human movie, but that's not enough!!! We need the lives of other writers and poets as well!!!)

Plus the No Longer Human movie is also a more futuristic and stylized take on the story, so a newer more faithful one to Dazai's life story would be great too!)

3. More anime that include famous Japanese writers as characters, such as Bungou Stray Dogs, but i want them to become more wide spread like Oda Nobunaga and Date Masamune are!

4. More adaptations of books/stories/novels by famous foreign writers/poets(like the old World Masterpiece Theater, which was amazing but is sadly not made anymore, it needs a big revival!!!!)

5. More action anime/battle shounen anime that does NOT have gore, ecchi or harem!!! I swear, most action anime coming out nowadays have one or more of these, whereas in the past, no battle shounen had gore, but now it's almost impossible to find one without it! Even the sequel of D.Gray-man has gore, and it previously didn't! :(

6. More fantasy/action/adventure/supernatural/super power anime with a mostly or entirely male(bishounen) cast anime that does NOT have any kind of shounen-ai/yaoi/bl bait or subtext whatsoever!!!!

7. More bishounen anime that cast Kenjirou Tsuda and Katsuyuki Konishi as a character, because i swear, most of the roles i saw for them were either ugly villains or ugly middle aged/old men!!!! Just because they have deeper voices doesn't mean they can no longer play young good looking guys, WTF!!!! Younger guys can have deep voices too, this is NOT FAIR!!!!!!!

8. More otome game and reverse harem adaptations!!!

9. Other female targeted game adaptations that aren't necesarrily reverse harems, like Touken Ranbu for example.

10. More historical anime that take place in other countries than Japan(EX. The Ottoman Empire, Ancient Rome, Greece, The Middle Ages of Europe, The Victorian Era, the French Revolution etc.)

11. More anime with very immersive worlds that hook you by the first episode and manage to make a otherwise boring job seem like the greatest thing ever, like Tegamibachi!

12. More good Shoujo adaptations that do NOT take place in school!!!!(something with fantasy like Akatsuki no Yona, or political intrigue like Hanasakeru Seishounen would be nice)

13. More Josei adaptations because there's barely any to begin with!!!

14. More magical girl anime that are actually targeted to young/teenage girls again and not middle aged perverted male otaku!!!!

15. More anime with disabled people as main characters(both physically as well as mentally disabled, i would especially like to see more characters in wheelchairs!)

16. More good mature/darker anime that aren't gory but definitely not something you would let a kid watch such as Death Note, Death Parade and maybe 91 days.

17. More crime solving anime like Detective Conan but not never ending, and preferably not too gory.

18. More anime that are complete adaptations of the manga/novel/light novel/visual novel/otome game/game etc. they are based on!!!

19. More sequels for all the anime without a second/third/forth etc season that deserve them! (I.E. all my favorites)

I think that's about it?

Jun 3, 9:15 AM

Dauphine said:

1. More adaptations
2. Adaptations
4. More adaptations
8. More adaptations!!!
9. Other adaptations
12. More adaptations
13. More adaptations
18. More anime that are adaptations

yeah, no thanks
we need LESS adaptations
the medium is full of that, and considering how so many of the amazing classics are original, it's a total shame there seems to be very little of that in past few years
this season has like what, 3 or 4 originals? + some 3 minute shit or 100th season of beyblade

it's saddening when a medium can't be its own thing and majority of it exists as an advertisement for manga or some shit tier novels

though yeah, if we're at adaptations, I sure agree with the point 18. make it a full story, watching 12 episodes with zero closure feels like a waste of time

it's not bad in case of a comedy and episodic stuff, but if the show is even somewhat plot centered, it feels awful. I don't want to be reading manga or light novels, i don't care about that shit

Jun 3, 9:21 AM
Heyy pls add some gore bloody animes

Jun 3, 9:28 AM

I want more fantasy anime with an emphasis on atmosphere, something like Mushishi. Also more cyberpunk, dystopian sci-fi anime with a great setting.

Jun 3, 9:53 AM

I'd like more fantasy adventure shows, non-comedy, that last 2+ cours.

I'd also like a show about dragon-girls and others in a fantasy magical school setting, where they do fun things -- by which I mean school projects involving magic engineering for example. (Bonus points if the girls don't have giant boobs.)

And I'd like to see more representation for Florida in anime. A fantasy Florida Man show could be amusing. What? I like fantasy settings. Plus, we have enough reptiles that we might as well revere them as just turn them into dragons.

Jun 3, 10:01 AM
More shounen series!!

More Yaoi!!!

More sports!!!

Jun 3, 10:06 AM
I would like more of psychological thrillers like neverland , and also psychological game like kaiji

Jun 3, 10:31 AM
More masterful web novel adaptations like mob psycho and comedy anime like gintama

Jun 3, 10:32 AM
More game/transported in another world anime, with a more close to real game world (not some bs like sao) and without a stupid mc who was supposed to be a pro gamer and magically forgot everything and become some beta cuck.

Jun 3, 10:46 AM
More than anything I want more actual horror anime. There's only like 5 or 6 anime I would actually consider horror and it's depressing because Horror anime CAN work if done correctly, the best example being Perfect blue (psychological/horror/thriller) and Higurashi (the best horror anime to ever exist). There are even some scenes from Serial experiments lain that prove horror in anime can work. And there are SO many horror manga i don't understand why they can't adapt them into anime. Manga like Ibitsu would be a great anime horror movie. The Junji Ito collection could have been great but its was terrible for obvious reasons
Nothing to see here

Jun 3, 12:17 PM

I like to see more space operas, pirate animes as well as more psychological thrillers

Jun 3, 12:29 PM

I want to see more anime musicals. Not just diagetic music, but where the characters break into song in a variety of situations.
A møøse once bit my sister...

Jun 3, 1:10 PM
Psajdak said:
- no Inori Minase
- no isekai
- no Yoshitsugu Matsuoka
- no harems
- no Rie Takahashi
- no Inori Minase
- no Inori Minase
- no Inori Minase

What is wrong with these seiyuu? All of them have nice voices