Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 31, 2019 10:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A cooking class where Bocchi gets seperated from her usual friends?! Damn, poor girl.

Either way, I'm still glad to see Bocchi's confidence growing in the show.
May 31, 2019 12:46 PM

Apr 2016
Where would a Japanese animation industry be without a curry right ?

Also shes a part of the ending song, thats basically what friend is lol.
May 31, 2019 1:01 PM

Aug 2013
A cooking class and an outdoor lesson making curry.

May 31, 2019 1:04 PM

Dec 2018
best show of the season, no cap
May 31, 2019 1:52 PM
Apr 2017
Kurai and her love for curry = 😍
May 31, 2019 2:03 PM

Feb 2009
Seafood in the mountains huh? Very interesting lol. I like the way kako thinks! lol

May 31, 2019 2:10 PM

Feb 2013
I really enjoyed this episode as always.
This show brings me a smile on my face and the production is much better than any episode of "Senko-san".
Bocchi is still as cute as always and the puns and moe do what it should.
May 31, 2019 2:30 PM

Aug 2012
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ Keep doing your best, Bocchi!
May 31, 2019 2:55 PM

Oct 2017
They have been in the same class for over a whole semester, yet still need introductions?! LOL

The cooking was fun.
May 31, 2019 3:20 PM

Nov 2016
I love Bocchi's determined face.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 31, 2019 3:33 PM

Dec 2018
Great beginning with my gorgeous mesmerising beast!!Goddess and main waifu Sotoka!!!! Love to see her and at least we are off to a good start

We are off to cooking class , Forgotten youth what have happen? Time sure passes fast!!!,,mc girl tries to have some kind of conversation with the other girls in her cooking group!! ,,,,,, And have i asked for something lesbian yet???? Because i do need to ask!! You are boring me anime!!!

Weird confrontation next to the chicken coop?? ,,Ok!!!,,, mc girl tries again to befriends someone and this feels very repetitive and monotonous!! Anyhow i'm glad to see that my kind beautifully goddess holds the insecure girl and comfort her!! If they are going to kiss the insecure girl will immediately rise up!!! Regain her godly status and once again become my beloved waifu Aru!!,,,But until then it is just,,,,,, girl!!!!!! After somehow the mc girl manage to invite the other girl to the picnicking? I don't know!! I don't care!!!! Moving on

Dinner worked out without any problem but i start to find the desperate repeating in need of friends to become somewhat annoying ,,,,This anime seem to be stuck!! Shall i kick it and see if it fucking starts going again!!! Or are we going to sit here watching this thing!! Goes around in circles until the end of times? Try something new!! Or from a different angle please!!

In the end the girls decide to be rivals? Anime the least thing your stupid ass needs are more drama,,,just don't you idiot!! ,,,,, But if it happens to be Lesbian Wrestling Rivals!!!!Yes,,, I'm going to be ok with it,,,,Very ok!!,,,,Disturbingly ok!!!!!,,,,, But you fail once again!! I want more of my waifu!! You had 1/10 You now have 2/10 ? Then i have something to take away from your dumass next week!! Improve yourself!!!

,,,,I really wanted lesbian wrestling!!!,,,,,,, Stupid anime!!!!,,,And i almost forgot ,you insulted Sotoka!!!!,, By calling her a fucking chicken!!!!!!!! For that you going to pay dearly!!! Going to figure out some brutal suitable punishment for you!!!

My waifu shall be treated with the most uphold of respect!!!She was the only one who did not lose my favour,,, Or got her waifu rank removed after that horribly dark fallout episode, Sotoka is literally carrying this sick little anime on her own!!! Without her the anime will crumble,,,,,, Never fucking insult her again!!!

Yuri-CrusaderJun 1, 2019 3:44 PM
May 31, 2019 5:12 PM

Jul 2014
This was one hell of a wholesome episode, Kurai and Bocchi's relationship is by far my favorite of the cast, in a lot of ways Bocchi's meeting with Kurai is literally making her stronger than she realizes, at this point she's like the last boss in terms of being friends with, all her other classmates looks willing to befriend anyone.
Might try making that seafood curry one of these days, seems tasty.

Also, Kurai's finally part of the ED, guess it makes sense to do it now than the prev ones cause this is the ep where Kurai's and Bocchi's relationship had a stand (as rivals tho, one sided at that)
May 31, 2019 5:30 PM

Oct 2015
That seafood curry sound and looks delicious, I really need to try it someday.

Bocchi being Karai's rival is better than nothing though, eventually they will grow on each, let me say Kurai will grow to cherish her as a friend. Sweet episode, especially when Bocchi was introducing her friends to Kurai, that was super cute!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 31, 2019 5:34 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
MrAwesome2018 said:
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ Keep doing your best, Bocchi!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
May 31, 2019 5:35 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
justasadguy said:
best show of the season

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
May 31, 2019 5:46 PM

May 2018
dawww, Kurai just wants to be friends! She's just being tsundere about it
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
May 31, 2019 5:55 PM
Apr 2018
Casually looking for jokes about KAZUMA DESU, the 177013 looking girl, and whatnot. Also I really like what they do with the ED. The girls slowly appearing in it, the filling in of the manga, its great.
May 31, 2019 6:55 PM
Jun 2017
another awesome episode, love this one as Bocchi has been grouped in another set of classmates while baking that pan cake. good thing Aru is there to help her thus her other classmates have appreciated her.

and the second part of the curry making, that was one way of bocchi and kurai can be close at each other... i also like that kirai said that she wants to rival bocchi since they have a different ways of becoming a stronger person, and when they became rivaal, there is a chance that kurai can be with bocchi's group so that she can observe her well... and who knows they can be friends at each other...

FouAlterJun 1, 2019 12:41 AM
May 31, 2019 7:56 PM

Jul 2016
The first part was really awkward to watch, being honest. The second one was more entertaining although I still find absurd Kurai's idea of being stronger by not having friends...

Decent episode overall.
May 31, 2019 9:22 PM
Jan 2018
I hated group projects ... Especially when your the one to go and ask for something even though you said you would get it then you end in the situation on who to ask but to scared to ask 😂
May 31, 2019 11:25 PM

Nov 2018
The first part of the episode was way too relatable. The fear that if you stop being quiet, it'll only bring more attention to how quiet you've been. That hit closer to home for me than anything in the previous episodes.

But while Bocchi's interactions in cooking class may have been more relatable, the more captivating storyline was definitely that of Bocchi and Kako. I like that they only have Kako show her tsundere side every once in a while - the rest of the time, she's exactly as strong-willed and dependable as she claims to be. It's a well-balanced character who forms a nice counterpoint to Bocchi. They both come from similar circumstances (finding it hard to make friends naturally), but their personalities have led them to develop completely opposite approaches to the problem.

It's notable that Bocchi didn't immediately collapse into despair when Kako said she wanted to be rivals rather than friends - compare that to how she reacted when Sotoka said she wanted to be her apprentice rather than her friend. That alone is a sign of Bocchi's growth, and when Kako starts to notice that growth it's likely she'll come to appreciate Bocchi's approach more, as well as Bocchi herself.

Aru highlight: making whipped cream and not screwing it up somehow.
Sotoka highlight: being introduced as a chicken.
Nako highlight: laying down on the bench while "supervising" the group.
Jun 1, 2019 12:56 AM

Jan 2018
Bocchi gets a rival. how interesting....
Jun 1, 2019 1:20 AM
May 2017
Aw yes, Kako is finally appeared in the ED and that will wrap up all the gang members, well, season 1 at least for now (hope the show will do good enough for a second season)

I don't really get the meaning of rival too, but rival is somewhat close to "friend".... Nah, I don't really know, I'm suck at english.

"The person who sits in front of me", damn that was kinda hurtful for Nako, can't blame her since Nako's true nature had yet to be notice by everyone except Aru xD

Jun 1, 2019 4:26 AM

Oct 2007
laughed when Bocchi was introducing Aru. xD

Kako likes curry! Glad that she's part of the group now at the ED.

Jun 1, 2019 7:28 AM

Feb 2014
Bocchi was a bit of a nervous wreck when she had to work with a different group for the cooking lesson, but she managed to do fine. When she made the mistake of sneezing into the flour and her group didn't have enough left, Aru and Nako came to her rescue to help Bocchi out, along with Aru's tip of making whipped cream. Not only did Bocchi excel at making the cream, but the girls she worked with got along with her very well. =)

Kurai might still be adamant with her policy of not making friends, but Bocchi was able to convince Kurai to be part of her group in the outdoor class and making curry together. The wholoe group did a good job with it all and it was enough for Kurai to recognise that, although in a different way, Bocchi strives to become a stronger person, just like Kurai herself.

With that in mind, she declares to Bocchi that they're now rivals. She doesn't mean it in a bad way, but it does give me hope that Kurai will open up more to Bocchi and the others in the future. There's not denying that Kurai enjoyed herself working with Bocchi's group and I'm sure that she'll ditch that policy of hers and starts making friends eventually.

On another note, the Ed animation changed slightly where Kurai finally joins Bocchi and the others at last. =3

This was a splendid episode overall and I look forward to more next time! ^_^
Jun 1, 2019 7:57 AM

Jul 2017
Man, Bocchi! Just go ahead and say your opinion! No one's gonna critique you.

Man these friendship shenanigans never end. So much fun. The moment when Bocchi re-introduced Aru, Sotoka and Nako to Kurai was the most inspiring.

And of course, the unfortunate Aru has to step in to help Bocchi. Aru can cook? Haha.

The perfect curry outing for the 5 of them. Wondering if Kurai loves seafood, as posed by her blushness. Kurai's policy still stands, but luckily they're still friends, considered rivals in Kurai's eyes.

This series just keeps getting better. Onward to Bocchi getting stronger in friendship!
Jun 1, 2019 8:36 AM

May 2018
Kurai-san is so cute when she is excited with something, and when she disapointed when something don't go right. Yes, she still hold that friendship status, but she already in right way than before. Gonna be my favourite character in this anime. Oh, and her VA is actually Ichigo's VA, add one point again.

She also joined Bocchi's gang in ED. Nice, we are going near into "we don't really need Kai anymore" level.
Jun 1, 2019 1:35 PM

Jul 2014
Kurai is getting more and more entertaining the more screentime she gets. It was nice to see her softening up and relaxing a little over the curry, even if she still won't quite relent and become friends with Bocchi. Hopefully she gets there before the end of the season though.
Jun 1, 2019 3:39 PM

Feb 2017
What type of ninjutsu is Sotoka using to turn all that hair into a small tuff?
Also poor Aru getting exposed as a loser like that and attacking Nako when called loser as instinct.

Damn Kurai's VA just started last year as VA but she's doing mc roles in two other anime in this same season, is that normal?
LuxeraphJun 1, 2019 3:54 PM
Jun 1, 2019 6:10 PM

Apr 2018
There's nothing like waking up in the morning to this show. God I love it so much
Watching Bocchi whip the cream with determination was truly mesmerizing.
Also starting to like Kurai a lot more as a character, seeing her smile when she ate the curry was so wholesome.

    I'm not lazy...
      I'm just very unproductive.

Jun 1, 2019 7:52 PM

May 2017
Ok, I got it now.

-Satoka is a classical Chuunibyo syndrome. Give her more time and loneliness and you will get a delusional multi-personality diagnose.

-Aru hides herself under a faked social person. Give her more time and loneliness and you will get a schizophrenia diagnose

-Nako suffers from first stages of depressive overload. Give her more time and loneliness and you will get an hebephrenic diagnose.

-Kurai avoids feelings and emotions covering them under a blanket of rules, regulations and policies. Give her more time and loneliness and you will get an obssessive-compulsory diagnose.

They are all in fact emotionally ill.
But Bocchi is the only one who is aware of her own illness and tries her best to heal.

They four are not helping Bocchi to heal
They four are actually being helped to heal by Bocchi wether they realize it or not.

Are we all sure we're sane and regular?
Emotional or mental illness just happens to another people (people like Bocchi, f.i)?
If we'd be ill people would be honest enough with ourselves to admit it?

Mmmh...

Let's all be sure to get a Bocchi into our lives.

Just in case.

Addendo: What about Kai?

Well... she's not a person and hardly a proper anime character.
She's but a McGuffin. A flashbacked Deus-Ex-Machina.
And better be so.

If we should consider her a person, she wouldn't need more time and loneliness.

She would be a natural born sadistic psychopath.
Jun 1, 2019 8:41 PM

Feb 2017
^
ah shit here we go again
that is some deep dark pov.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Jun 1, 2019 9:26 PM

Jul 2014
LinklickZ said:

Jesus christ... woke up on the wrong side of the bed mate? the fck happened? this is some dark shit you got from watching this.
Jun 2, 2019 3:03 AM

Apr 2016
-Stray said:
you got from watching this.

As you can see, weekly discussion threads of this show are full of people who for some reason always take the most weirdest, non existent things from this show. Simple story about high schoolers and their daily life are apparently not enough for them, so they must fabricate their own weird stories.
Jun 2, 2019 7:57 AM
Mar 2015
Tekki huh Rivals in getting stronger
Jun 2, 2019 12:12 PM

Dec 2009
Aru is such a good friend i want to cry.
Jun 2, 2019 1:09 PM

Dec 2018
gappasaurus said:
justasadguy said:
best show of the season

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

absolutely, i really like this show :3
Jun 2, 2019 2:02 PM

Oct 2017
Well Kurai got a lot more interesting. Also her love for curry is smthng. Studying a whole week for the ultimate curry XD.
Jun 2, 2019 3:44 PM

Jan 2019
I love this anime, its so cute
Jun 2, 2019 6:50 PM

Oct 2008
Bocchi being precious once again!
So this is the start of them Kako & Bocchi being rivals!
5/5.

Jun 2, 2019 7:41 PM

May 2017
Swagernator said:
-Stray said:
you got from watching this.

As you can see, weekly discussion threads of this show are full of people who for some reason always take the most weirdest, non existent things from this show. Simple story about high schoolers and their daily life are apparently not enough for them, so they must fabricate their own weird stories.

just stating the obvious
Jun 3, 2019 10:03 AM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
justasadguy said:
gappasaurus said:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

absolutely, i really like this show :3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jun 3, 2019 10:13 AM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
LinklickZ said:
Swagernator said:

just stating the obvious

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jun 4, 2019 9:04 PM

Jun 2015
wonder if there'll be a second season or if they'll end it off with everyone's happy and together, and screw kai
Jun 5, 2019 12:28 PM

Mar 2017
Becoming rivals. Well that's not too far from becoming friends I guess.
Jun 5, 2019 2:59 PM

Oct 2012
saengdao said:
wonder if there'll be a second season or if they'll end it off with everyone's happy and together, and screw kai

An original ending to cut it all at 1 cour would be a tragedy. The manga doesn't deserve it.
Jun 5, 2019 5:30 PM
Jan 2019
Hahaha, "rivals" xD. Practically Bocchi only has two friends.
It's sad to take a picture and not go out on it. LOL 😂.
Jun 8, 2019 1:25 AM

Jul 2014
Finally Kako-chan fills the ending spot but as Bocchi's "rival" XD
Idk but i laughed so hard when Bocchi thinks rival always means beating up each other lol..
Jun 13, 2019 6:24 AM

Nov 2013
ahahah since last episode i was wondering if the 4th girl would join the team in the ED, i somehow felt too happy about it actually happening xD
Jun 18, 2019 2:10 PM
Apr 2016
Well, Bocchi sure messed up cooking, pretty badly, even while the conclusion was positive. The timing she had though...ouch. Seems like she's going to be "rivals" with that girl, still, I bet their relationship is going to be just like with her other friends.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2019

147 by astrovoiiid »»
Mar 24, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2019

104 by Forum »»
Feb 8, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Akirion- - Jun 14, 2019

73 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:46 PM

Poll: » Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2019

67 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:45 PM

Poll: » Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2019

75 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.