Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 2, 2019 11:10 AM

Oct 2012
Rei366 said:
Finally, the second kepi was baptized ! "black kepi", couldn't be simpler, right?

4/5

Alala... even when there's no occasion to have "best girl" antics, people still find a way... "worst boi/y" really?

@MaahHeim I thought that the "otter scientist" in previous eps would be enough to cross your Tomoe square. Not sure you'll get more.

According to the preview for the next ep... lol

sanlei said:
MaahHeim said:
So many feels this episode. Sara did everything on purpose...? I don't think she's just an airhead, is she?

"I have something important to tell the prince today, dish. I never would have thought they were behind it, dish... But to me, those two don't seem like bad people."

She most likely wanted to stall Keppi for a while to meet them herself without endangering him or his interference, while giving Keppi the chance to follow up in case something happens? A freezing machine is pretty useful for stalling, dont think it would help much with capturing the otters, but im no Kappa to know that. In any case, yeah she's not an airhead, she didnt even spill her dish.

Yeah. I hope we get to see their encounter in the next episode :')
Jun 2, 2019 8:08 PM
Apr 2015
The ending song of this episode is telling. The second to last scene is three shadows of the main characters. In this episode, there were only two. What does this mean? Does Enta really die, or does Toi really leave the trio? I guess we'll find out.
Jun 5, 2019 5:25 AM

Jun 2013
Something really hit me about this episode in particular, that shot of Enta smiling in Kazuki's arms was eerily similar to Lulu in Yuri Kuma. Think about it- not long after (spoiler), to my memory, Ginko and (spoiler) had their old memories and their reunion and everything else. I felt a lot of similarities between this episode and Yuri Kuma and it's not uncommon for Ikuhara to have parallels and similarities between his works, so I feel from this, anyone reading this who's seen Yuri Kuma Arashi, do you think we're going to get a similar ending with Kazuki and Toi, including Kazuki finally remembering him from his childhood encounter?

Another thing that made that scene so particularly similar in my eyes was Lulu also got shot, and there was the same shot of her doing this incredibly painful smile from how much she loves Ginko.

It was quite the contrast, what Enta therefore said, instead.

Here's a quick image I made comparing the two:

Ikuhara...
Jun 5, 2019 10:34 AM

Jan 2015
@Stinamoo lmao if Ikuhara has in mind a YKA ending, then we’ll all see the protagonists

Would be interesting tho, but I don’t think this is the case
Jun 5, 2019 8:35 PM

Mar 2009
@Stinamoo
I know some vague YKA spoilers, even though I haven't seen YKA (yet) but I mainly wanted to tell you about something I read related to what you said.

"The more interesting storyboarding effort of the two was arguably episode #08. In particular, the parallels between certain events and Yurikuma Arashi #11 – spoilers for the gay bears show, if you never got around to watching it. The plot beats are similar in the first place, but the way the execution of those ideas is mirrored couldn’t be explained if they didn’t share stylistic DNA… which they do, of course. That episode of Yurikuma was boarded by multitalented creator Masayuki Kurosawa: digital artist, editor (a role he’s undertaken in Sarazanmai), director, and sometimes storyboarder as well. Despite not being credited for it in the episode, we know for a fact that Kurosawa co-storyboarded Sarazanmai #08 as well. Why are we so sure? Because they issued an official apology explaining that he should have been credited. Oops!"
https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2019/06/04/sarazanmai-production-notes-07-08/ Can read more on that here, they link some stuff

There's definitely an intentional parallel there. The reason? Who knows.

Ikuhara also said there's an intentional parallel between Reo and Mabu (the scene where Reo holds Mabu), and the scene with Kazuki and Enta
Jun 7, 2019 8:27 PM

Jun 2015
i feel like this anime could end with all three of them dying, or with the entire group separated
Jun 9, 2019 3:50 PM

Jun 2016
Chikai at least lives by his words. If everything sucks, toss it all away. And use other people to make it easier for yourself. But, not his brother. I wonder if he really feels he needs him and that he makes it easier, or if like Kuji he is preserving his one 'true' connection! Yet Kuji isn't quite like that. Ever since the start he tries to be, but you can see his younger cute self and nowadays you can see it in his actions, the way he's so understanding of Enta's feelings for Kazu and how he's protected him and in many other things. He may try and say I have one connection I must protect, his brother, but deep down the other connections matter too.

Poor Enta. He's always been a little explosive ball of emotions he didn't quite understand and he definitely couldn't control. He was jealous that Kazu was caring so much about Kuji, he even ruined their playing spot to keep it for purely the golden duo. But Kazu doesn't get it, and he went psycho mode on Enta blaming him, rightfully so even if Enta's actions were understandable. His little character arc here of jealousy has been so sad all things considered, when Kazu was being so cruel to him I felt it. Enta must have felt so horrible. Almost as an act of redemption he suicides and takes the shot for Kazu, as expected but as powerful as you could expect as well. And.. it was a real bullet, huh? That didn't feel necessary!!!

One other connection I wondered about was if there is a parallel between Reo and Mabu & Kazu and Enta. Both are gay unrequited love it seems and both have one side jealous that the other seems to love someone else! Perhaps it goes deeper than that too.

I love Enta and Chikai together. Unlikely duo's like that was so wonderful.

Now, Enta is down, Kazu is angry and upset and shocked and sad, Kuji left with Chikai, the idol Kappa may have told Reo and Mabu about the dishes, Keppi is frozen, and the cops got the dishes. That's a lot that just happened!
Jun 16, 2019 1:06 PM

Jun 2013
Claptrap said:
@Stinamoo
I know some vague YKA spoilers, even though I haven't seen YKA (yet) but I mainly wanted to tell you about something I read related to what you said.

"The more interesting storyboarding effort of the two was arguably episode #08. In particular, the parallels between certain events and Yurikuma Arashi #11 – spoilers for the gay bears show, if you never got around to watching it. The plot beats are similar in the first place, but the way the execution of those ideas is mirrored couldn’t be explained if they didn’t share stylistic DNA… which they do, of course. That episode of Yurikuma was boarded by multitalented creator Masayuki Kurosawa: digital artist, editor (a role he’s undertaken in Sarazanmai), director, and sometimes storyboarder as well. Despite not being credited for it in the episode, we know for a fact that Kurosawa co-storyboarded Sarazanmai #08 as well. Why are we so sure? Because they issued an official apology explaining that he should have been credited. Oops!"
https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2019/06/04/sarazanmai-production-notes-07-08/ Can read more on that here, they link some stuff

There's definitely an intentional parallel there. The reason? Who knows.

Ikuhara also said there's an intentional parallel between Reo and Mabu (the scene where Reo holds Mabu), and the scene with Kazuki and Enta

Woah, the more you know! That's really cool.
Jun 20, 2019 2:42 PM
Mar 2018
Where to start with this episode?! I loved it!!! I am kind of hoping for a love/desire reveal for all the boys-it would be very interesting to see where everyone stands.
Jun 22, 2019 10:57 PM

Jul 2016
Interesting and intense episode. I wonder if Enta will survive somehow...
Jun 27, 2019 3:08 PM

Aug 2017
RIP sweet summer child
"Whether doing good or evil, I will be the boss."

Jun 27, 2019 5:58 PM

Dec 2016
Damnnn, they got ma boy Enta
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jul 10, 2019 1:56 PM

Aug 2013
NintendoSakamoto said:
The ending song of this episode is telling. The second to last scene is three shadows of the main characters. In this episode, there were only two. What does this mean? Does Enta really die, or does Toi really leave the trio? I guess we'll find out.

uuuwaaaaa, that's amazing you noticed. I just re-watched this ep's ed and previous versions and you are so right.

I'm thinking they'll recapture the dishes and save him...
Jul 20, 2019 4:04 AM

Jul 2015
Wow Enta was shot, this turned dark quick

Looks like the next three episode are gonna get serious

Apr 27, 2020 1:19 PM

Aug 2017
Feels hit hard with this episode. In fact, judging from the name, I actually thought that Chikai was going to die...but no, Ikuhara surprised me again. I also like looking back to what I wrote on previous threads and see how much stuff is wrong or right. My speculations on Sara seem to be wrong, she definitely didn't help the otters at all...I guess.

Interesting things I noted in this episode:

- Enta's grandma drinking tea with Mabu (lol)

- "Jintan Tower remains" plate on the wall. Does it mean that the place of Kappa-Otter war actually still exists in human world? Nice!

- Reo said that the boys shouldn't know about the dishes and this was supposedly the reason for him shooting...but why did he leave them alone without finishing then? Is it because of Mabu?

- Tooi's face during his phone conversation with Kazuki on the boat was a very rare occasion of him smiling.

All the revelations about Tooi and Kazuki made me connect with the characters even more. I love the attention to details in character relationships in all Ikuhara's works so much. It's really painful and tragic to realize that Enta has been wrong all the time. The blue miçanga connected Kazuki with Tooi, not with him; the saratto pose connected Kazuki with Tooi, not with him; I feel so sad for the boy. His shadow even got deleted in the ED ;_;

MaahHeim said:

And I called Enta being the human sacrifice from the beginning. The parallels between this and
ughh...

Everyone in this thread has already talked about the parallels, but can we just note that Enta's sister looks almost exactly like

which kinda adds more flavor to the whole parallel.
St0rmbladeApr 27, 2020 1:47 PM
Apr 27, 2020 1:26 PM

Oct 2012
St0rmblade said:
Feels hit hard with this episode. In fact, judging from the name, I actually thought that Chikai was going to die...but no, Ikuhara surprised me again. I also like looking back to what I wrote on previous threads and see how much stuff is wrong or right. My speculations on Sara seem to be wrong, she definitely didn't help the otters at all...I guess.

Interesting things I noted in this episode:

- Enta's grandma drinking tea with Mabu (lol)

- "Jintan Tower remains" plate on the wall. Does it mean that the place of Kappa-Otter war actually still exists in human world? Nice!

- Reo said that the boys shouldn't know about the dishes and this was supposedlythe reason for him shooting...but why did he leave them alone fithout finishing then? Is it because of Mabu?

MaahHeim said:

And I called Enta being the human sacrifice from the beginning. The parallels between this and
ughh...

Everyone in this thread has already talked about the parallels, but can we just note that Enta's sister looks almost exactly like

which kinda adds more flavor to the whole parallel.

Yeah, Ikuhara likes to shove it on our faces. Goddammit, what an amazing man. ♥
Oct 15, 2020 9:05 PM
Jul 2018
I don't know, but I have this feeling that I'll not contain my tears watching the last episode......... It's getting more intense and interesting seeing this wonderful trio.
Mar 26, 2021 4:46 AM

Nov 2020
MaahHeim said:

Right now my bingo looks like THIS:

I could've marked suffering already, I guess but I'm expecting something like
I NEED Mabu and Reo to show they're anti-heroes. And to see better the otters to see their craziness and mark Mad Scientists. We're so close now guys...

I only came here for this comment
Mar 26, 2021 5:02 AM

Oct 2012
Natsu-Grace95 said:
MaahHeim said:

Right now my bingo looks like THIS:

I could've marked suffering already, I guess but I'm expecting something like
I NEED Mabu and Reo to show they're anti-heroes. And to see better the otters to see their craziness and mark Mad Scientists. We're so close now guys...

I only came here for this comment

I'm glad I could provide
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sarazanmai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2019

314 by Zam2202 »»
Dec 22, 2023 4:15 AM

Poll: » Sarazanmai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2019

186 by thegoishady »»
Aug 7, 2023 7:02 AM

Poll: » Sarazanmai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2019

140 by 3miL »»
Apr 29, 2023 10:06 PM

Poll: » Sarazanmai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2019

70 by nifetiseBOY »»
Feb 11, 2023 5:02 AM

» Is this tagged as yaoi?

FragileGlass - May 6, 2019

12 by Teirayo »»
Feb 25, 2022 3:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.