Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 30, 2019 6:11 AM

Jan 2018
Baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more..

Anyways back to the topic, is what you consider love by saying to someone you love them, or a physical feeling inside you?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 30, 2019 6:17 AM

Aug 2014
I agree with the first definition that comes up on Google: "an intense feeling of deep affection." What you do out of that love is not love itself.

P.S. Your birthday is the day before mine.
SmugSatokoMay 30, 2019 6:22 AM
May 30, 2019 6:19 AM

Jan 2009
Living Off Vital Emotions

and i know that love at first sight is actually scientifically proven to be lust at first sight
https://www.forbes.com/sites/zhanavrangalova/2017/12/09/love-at-first-sight-is-actually-simply-lust-at-first-sight/#43d34de97d0f
May 30, 2019 6:20 AM

Jun 2014
I don't know.

I've never really experienced it myself. I thought I did, but not really.

May 30, 2019 6:22 AM
May 2019
Painful and euphoric to be honest with you...
May 30, 2019 6:38 AM

Jan 2009
Is It Love or Mental Illness? They're Closer Than You Think

Science is beginning to pay more attention to the chemical storm that romantic love can trigger in our brains. Recent studies of brain scans show that being in love causes changes in the brain that are strikingly similar to serious health problems like drug addiction and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB117131067930406235

degMay 30, 2019 6:45 AM
May 30, 2019 6:55 AM
Jul 2018
«If your goal is to be loved, then you will not be able to achieve it. The only way to be truly loved is to become truly love worthy; it is impossible to become worthy of love, if the purpose of your life is just to be passively loved».
May 30, 2019 6:57 AM

Jan 2009
BallistikJuice said:
«If your goal is to be loved, then you will not be able to achieve it. The only way to be truly loved is to become truly love worthy; it is impossible to become worthy of love, if the purpose of your life is just to be passively loved».

so much conditional love lol is there no such thing as unconditional love? im sure every or most moms unconditionally loves their children
May 30, 2019 7:09 AM

Apr 2010
Truthfully I don't have experiences on love but I'd like to give my opinions and see if anyone agrees or cringes on it lol.

Love is when you can forgive, can give and sacrifice, when you feel biased that the thing/person is always correct as well as want to lead the things/person to the right path because you care deeply. Love is a feeling that gives out different definition to different people. It's hard to explain. Also, I think love is to share happiness (their happiness is your hapiness), to make you human, to make you feel emotional like everyone does.

With all the thing I assume love is, I also wanna know how it feel to be in love and to be loved as well.
I feel so blue ... you are my world ... but you are not mine
May 30, 2019 7:10 AM

Jun 2010
love is the feeling inside you than just something you'd say to someone.
honestly idk OP.. i don't even know what love is
May 30, 2019 7:19 AM
Jul 2018
deg said:
BallistikJuice said:

so much conditional love lol is there no such thing as unconditional love? im sure every or most moms unconditionally loves their children

The delusion regarding love as feeling arises from the fact that we confuse cathexis with love. This error is not difficult to understand since it is a question of such processes, but there are still clear differences between them. First of all, we can experience a cathexis in relation to any object - living and inanimate, animate and inanimate.

So, someone may experience a cathexis of a stock exchange or a jewel, they may feel love for them. Secondly, if we experience a cathexis to another human being, this does not mean at all that we are at all interested in its spiritual development. The dependent person is almost always afraid of the spiritual development of her own spouse, to whom she feeds the cathexis. Let's just say...a mother who stubbornly took her son to school and back certainly experiences a cathexis against the boy: he was important to her..."he", but not his spiritual growth.

*Something that I've read long ago from some Russian book, so I can't remember the exact context, and I'm not very good at translating certain stuff.
removed-userMay 30, 2019 7:25 AM
May 30, 2019 7:30 AM

May 2017
I think it's the desire to fuck...
that's what I was told.

"というわけで。待望の、体 操 服! でっあ~る。祭りであれば、余も着飾ってはいられぬと用意したが……うむ! 心身ともに軽くなったようだ。どうだ? 似合っているであろう、マスター?" - Random Quote From Internet by Saber Nero

May 30, 2019 7:47 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
I feel like the strongest love I've ever experienced was with my anime "waifu(s)" back when I was a child. I knew that I couldn't really "be" with them and I was too young to be driven purely by sexual desire yet my feelings towards them were so strong.

Most people use that word in their adulthood because they either don't know the difference between love and having a crush or simply because it is required in order for them to get laid.

May 30, 2019 9:55 AM

Jan 2009
BallistikJuice said:
deg said:

The delusion regarding love as feeling arises from the fact that we confuse cathexis with love. This error is not difficult to understand since it is a question of such processes, but there are still clear differences between them. First of all, we can experience a cathexis in relation to any object - living and inanimate, animate and inanimate.

So, someone may experience a cathexis of a stock exchange or a jewel, they may feel love for them. Secondly, if we experience a cathexis to another human being, this does not mean at all that we are at all interested in its spiritual development. The dependent person is almost always afraid of the spiritual development of her own spouse, to whom she feeds the cathexis. Let's just say...a mother who stubbornly took her son to school and back certainly experiences a cathexis against the boy: he was important to her..."he", but not his spiritual growth.

*Something that I've read long ago from some Russian book, so I can't remember the exact context, and I'm not very good at translating certain stuff.

>cathexis

i have to google that and it says something about psychoanalysis which is considered pseudoscience by many
May 30, 2019 10:03 AM

Apr 2013
Love is a form of dopamine that affects vital parts of your being, emotion, thought, heartbeat, and your libido. Love is a dangerous drug that can lead people through pain or pleasure depending on the individual and the one they are in "love" with, love can also reveal many flaws you have with yourself. So basically just love your dogs pls, they won't hurt you back like the homo sapiens will.

lol

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
May 30, 2019 10:03 AM
Jul 2018
I think most people use that word as a key to getting laid. It is likely fake to a certain degree.

It existing doesn't really matter at this point since it's used primarily to deceive or blind, both to yourself or someone else.

I think you'll know it if you feel it. Debating on what it is feels pointless. The expression matters far more than some bullshit explanation.
May 30, 2019 12:01 PM
Jul 2018
deg said:
BallistikJuice said:

>cathexis

i have to google that and it says something about psychoanalysis which is considered pseudoscience by many

Dude, true love does exist (and no, I'm not talking about hookups or even BF/GF relationships, those don't last long and waste of time), both parties must be obsessed with each other (romantically, physically, mentally, etc) enough to make it works, even some tiny disagreements about each other (or even their family/friends) can lead/grow into bigger problems later on.

So, because of that, and many other factors, the question arises...Does anybody willing to put up with so much of that crap and effort and basically devote your life to it, to make it work?! In reality no! because people are too selfish and lazy and only care about themselves, it's much easier to say: "Honey, I love you" and then just fuck off and do your own things.

May 30, 2019 12:05 PM

Jan 2009
BallistikJuice said:
deg said:

>cathexis

Dude, true love does exist (and no, I'm not talking about hookups or even BF/GF relationships, those don't last long and waste of time), both parties must be obsessed with each other (romantically, physically, mentally, etc) enough to make it works, even some tiny disagreements about each other (or even their family/friends) can lead/grow into bigger problems later on.

So, because of that, and many other factors, the question arises...Does anybody willing to put up with so much of that crap and effort and basically devote your life to it, to make it work?! In reality no! because people are too selfish and lazy and only care about themselves, it's much easier to say: "Honey, I love you" and then just fuck off and do your own things.

well ye i do not personally believe in true love since divorce rates are high or even increasing worldwide if i remember right and one of the main reason for divorce is lack of financial security

but ye obviously there are some rare occurrences of true love
May 30, 2019 12:10 PM
Jul 2018
deg said:
BallistikJuice said:

well ye i do not personally believe in true love since divorce rates are high or even increasing worldwide if i remember right and one of the main reason for divorce is lack of financial security

Lol, Marriages/Divorces - it's just a business to suck the money out of people! You don't need a paper or stinky Priest approval or any of that useless shit, if you really do love someone.
May 30, 2019 12:16 PM

Jan 2009
@BallistikJuice

ye i get you its the same thing here because of wedding and church ceremonies are getting more expensive then civil wedding will do for a lot of people or like you said they do not marry at all and just be partners for life

and as i said on my edit on the earlier post but ye obviously there are some rare occurrences of true love
May 30, 2019 12:19 PM
Jul 2018
It's hard to explain, but you just know. Especially in a relationship it's a feeling of "I belong to them, I have a place and home there." But it's also true for your friend circle and families.

BallistikJuice said:

You only describe an immature relationship there, not more, not less.
removed-userMay 30, 2019 12:25 PM
May 30, 2019 12:43 PM

May 2013
idk tbh, it's hard to explain what exactly love is, love is involuntary
when you love someone, especially romantic love, you depend on them emotionally, you get attached to them and care about another person more than yourself, that's why it hurts when you break up

May 30, 2019 1:24 PM

Aug 2018
love is jerking off your crush's instagram
Kled11May 30, 2019 1:29 PM
May 30, 2019 3:08 PM
Jul 2018
Maneki-Mew said:
It's hard to explain, but you just know. Especially in a relationship it's a feeling of "I belong to them, I have a place and home there." But it's also true for your friend circle and families.

BallistikJuice said:

I was referring to "deg's" mother love thing comment.

Also, what exactly immature relationship is, in your opinion? (mind you, I'm not talking about those mindless hookups or someone you've met randomly and dated for 2-3 years and then move on to the next one).
May 30, 2019 3:18 PM

Mar 2011
I think the short answer is both. I feel something of affinity (not best word to use) towards the people, and a physical comfort from it (perhaps due to less social anxiety?). I feel compelled to do more so by them than I would from someone I'm apathetic to. But generally love is thrown about alot so I usually like people, and the response is different than what I said about love in my post.
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
May 30, 2019 4:57 PM
Jul 2018
BallistikJuice said:
Maneki-Mew said:

I was referring to "deg's" mother love thing comment.

Also, what exactly immature relationship is, in your opinion? (mind you, I'm not talking about those mindless hookups or someone you've met randomly and dated for 2-3 years and then move on to the next one).

Well, stuff like that. Hindering someone to develop and breathe, because you are scared of being alone etc.
But I still think, that it's genuine love in some cases, but some people don't know how to show in a healthier way.
In other cases, people are just narcissistic and view others as property, because they want to own that person without feeling something for them.

If you date someone for 2 or 3 years, you don't just "move on to the next one" in many cases.
Just because you aren't in a relationship with someone anymore (maybe because it didn't work out etc.), doesn't mean, you don't love them anymore or never loved them.

I think, our society and breakup culture is very weird too.
People have to move out of the house from on the to the next and they don't see their ex spouse ever again, if they have bad luck.
I mean, these cases, where nobody has done something unforgivable, like violence or something else. Cheating for example might end a relationship for me, but after a few months, I would want to see them again.
removed-userMay 30, 2019 5:02 PM
May 31, 2019 12:14 PM

Feb 2011
ziovice said:
Baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more..

C'mon man!! :))

You KNOW I joined the topic just to see how far down I would have to scroll before that would be posted, and you had to sucker punch me like that..

Op is always a fag.
Closer.
May 31, 2019 12:31 PM

Feb 2019
I see romantic love as having an idealized projection of another person inside oneself and feeling attached to it in an emotional way. As some say, people are in love with the idea of being in love and not the other person themselves.

About love as a general concept, I think it's about caring and being able to give more of yourself for the good of another person/animal/dream without expecting something other than gratitude.
May 31, 2019 12:34 PM

Jul 2015
Love is the final ideal thing to gain in this life something better than every other possibility.
May 31, 2019 2:05 PM
Jul 2018
love is just a product of the fact we live in a society

i love sonic the hedgehog (and real hedgehogs)
May 31, 2019 3:19 PM

Dec 2014
Love is when my babygirl doesn't hurt me ;;)
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
May 31, 2019 6:19 PM

Nov 2013
Ayn Rand once said "Love is a response to values... love is friendship that's caught on fire."
May 31, 2019 6:33 PM
Jul 2018
Love is more than just an expression, it's an affectionate confession. It's an inner feeling that can't be faked. That's why it's called being 'in'-love.

This is also why I'm romantically hopeless!
May 31, 2019 7:36 PM

Aug 2009
Not to sound like an edgelord, but I don't really know anymore.

May 31, 2019 9:17 PM

Feb 2019
Love is willingly putting the needs and desires of another before your own.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

May 31, 2019 9:20 PM

Oct 2011
I don't know why you're not fair
I give you my love, but you don't care
So what is right and what is wrong?
Gimme a sign
May 31, 2019 9:29 PM

Jul 2015
Fidelium said:
Love is when my babygirl doesn't hurt me ;;)

That.....sounds like an abusive relationship or something along those lines
May 31, 2019 9:30 PM

Jul 2015
gSol said:
Painful and euphoric to be honest with you...

Meirl :(
These are the exact feels man
Jun 1, 2019 12:38 PM
Jan 2017
ziovice said:
Baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more..

Anyways back to the topic, is what you consider love by saying to someone you love them, or a physical feeling inside you?

I learned there is no right, wrong answer when it comes to the topic at hand. To answer your question!

That is something I'm afraid you will have to find out for yourself I'm 26 and I still lack the knowledge of filling grasping it!
Aug 16, 2019 7:13 AM
Feb 2017
I also haven't really felt romantic or actual love to a girl outside of "oh she has x trait that I like" but she is lacking in a lot of what I like. Perhaps I have too high standards both physically and personality-wise, but then again I wouldn't really want to settle for anything less.
Aug 16, 2019 7:43 AM

Jun 2019
Just an obligatory "baby don't hurt me"

Aug 16, 2019 9:02 AM

Oct 2018
Love is overrated. It's just an illusion made up to fulfill one's desires.
Aug 16, 2019 9:05 AM
Aug 2019
A feeling ... idk, I never felt love in my life. No joke.
Aug 16, 2019 11:02 AM

Dec 2016
there's only one correct "what is love" and it's "baby don't hurt me"
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Aug 16, 2019 12:57 PM

Jun 2019
The only logical answer is that there is no simple answer, since its form and nuances mean very different things to different people. Sometimes similar, while sometimes wholly distinct from one another, alien, and diametrically opposed even.

Myself, I'm aromantic so have never felt romantic love/desires of any kind, but familial and platonic love, yes, which to me means loyalty and comfort.
Aug 16, 2019 1:22 PM
Jul 2018
I think love is that intense feeling one feels when someone else has brought them incredibly warm much needed comfort in a prolonged period of time. At least that's how I've felt love if that's a version of love. Though that's not really even to both sides and might be more of just that frustration and loneliness venting to feel good instead of mutual mature love. Still that mutual mature love seems counterproductive considering how it exhausts people especially years down the line. I think that love like the love I feel is fleeting except the mutual mature love requires far more commitment and inner strength. But still frustrating and a "one step forwards, two steps back" sort of deal. But what love I feel certainly isn't enough so it could be worse than that.

The traditional versions of love in media have never jived with me and I've always felt it would lack in sheer emotional resonance if it happened in real life, specifically to me. But that's just for real life. I can and do love it when depicted in fiction because I know to some people it's real so it's (really) interesting to see those perspectives when done well. I guess I'd have to really try to find it personally to know for sure. Maybe it really is all that and I'm just not wired to appreciate it for what it is. Who knows? :/

Man I feel empty when I think about this stuff. A lot of people deal with this by figuring out to not think about it that much and just feel it but that's tough when what you feel isn't enough. So what other option is there to think about it? And then acting on it is just a fucked up struggle in the head.
Aug 16, 2019 1:26 PM

Jul 2015
Love is extreme affection.
When you're not with that person, you realize that you'd really rather be with them.
When you see the person you love, you smile.
When they talk to you, you feel happy.

Unless they're talking shit, which they tend to do. Stop talking shit!
"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
Aug 16, 2019 2:41 PM

Oct 2012
Love is when you feel your insides tingle, when you want to make love to someone so hard that you almost can't contain it, And once you're with your person of interest, you lose your shit as soon as you touch them.
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Aug 16, 2019 6:29 PM
Jul 2018
Unconditional support or devotion
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Akira Toriyama or Hayao Miyazaki

AlphaMaleScotty - Apr 14

14 by Adnash »»
7 minutes ago

» What age range do you find the most physically attractive?

Ejrodiew - Apr 11

27 by deg »»
8 minutes ago

» You been a mod or adminstrator of any website?

DesuMaiden - Apr 7

30 by Fleeting_Dream »»
8 minutes ago

» How do you process death?

Lightskynight - Apr 14

19 by Kamikaze_404 »»
11 minutes ago

» Do you ever miss old/former online friends?

pludel2 - Apr 10

37 by Lightskynight »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.