3It was OK
9.3%
2Disliked it
1.3%
1Hated it
1.3%
Average 4.6
75 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2019 3:08 AM

Feb 2017
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Dammit! What did he say?! Please say yes!

Poor Siggy, he was a good man. Hopefully he finds a wife more suited for him one day.
May 30, 2019 3:31 AM

Dec 2018
Historical sources tell that Thorfinns wfie was named Gudridur, so...
May 30, 2019 5:42 AM

Jun 2016
This sh*t got me in my feelings ahhhhhh
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2019 2:47 PM

Dec 2015
So... the ship has sailed
May 30, 2019 9:17 PM

Jul 2015
Siggy is a true gentleman

Thorfinn X Gudrid chapter.

So this arc ends.

Jun 1, 2019 12:36 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That confession was so awkward, but we can be pretty certain that they end together those 2.
Now I wonder if they will reach their destination soon or if there will be big arc to get to Greece now.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 1, 2019 12:49 AM

Jan 2013
Sigurd was the true hero of this chapter. He sacrificed everything he had.
Jun 1, 2019 6:02 AM

Feb 2017
Farabeuf said:
That confession was so awkward, but we can be pretty certain that they end together those 2.
Now I wonder if they will reach their destination soon or if there will be big arc to get to Greece now.

I believe we will get one more arc before getting to Constantinople. They still have long way to go in order to reach Greece. They have to go through Kievan Rus, which is big.

I would love if get an arc there. There are quite a few interesting characters like Vladimir the Great and situation there is really interesting because at exactly that time the process of Christianization of Slavs in Rus was happening. Political situation is also interesting because Vladimir was the first barbarian ruler to marry a Byzantine princess.

There is a lot of potential in that area and a lot of stuff and themes to explore like entirely new culture, different pagan religion, process of conversion to Christianity, politics with Eastern Roman Empire, conflicts with Turkic tribes, etc.
This can all lead nicely to Constantinople arc.
Jun 1, 2019 11:11 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Tsarko said:
Farabeuf said:

I believe we will get one more arc before getting to Constantinople. They still have long way to go in order to reach Greece. They have to go through Kievan Rus, which is big.

I would love if get an arc there. There are quite a few interesting characters like Vladimir the Great and situation there is really interesting because at exactly that time the process of Christianization of Slavs in Rus was happening. Political situation is also interesting because Vladimir was the first barbarian ruler to marry a Byzantine princess.

There is a lot of potential in that area and a lot of stuff and themes to explore like entirely new culture, different pagan religion, process of conversion to Christianity, politics with Eastern Roman Empire, conflicts with Turkic tribes, etc.

Very good points. It's also an interesting angle, because very few people in Western Europe know how the Norsemen also were very active towards the east. Most fiction only tackles what the Vikings did in the British Isles, Normandy and the like.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 1, 2019 6:40 PM
Mar 2015
Poor Sigurd He convinces Gudrid to confess to Thorfin
Jul 12, 2019 1:24 AM
Aug 2016
Damn spend two days to get from the beginning to here. Never spent so much time reading manga. I NEED TO SUPPORT THIS AUTHOR.
Also I hope to see more Sigurd in the future. I Like him as comic relief, and seeing him and his friends misfortune.
Jul 24, 2019 1:26 PM

Sep 2014
Farabeuf said:
Tsarko said:

Very good points. It's also an interesting angle, because very few people in Western Europe know how the Norsemen also were very active towards the east. Most fiction only tackles what the Vikings did in the British Isles, Normandy and the like.

Vladimir is dead by this point, however it might line up with the fighting for the throne between Sviatopolk and Yaroslav which involves both polish and turkic warriors on the same soil. The author might do a story about that if he's done his research
Dec 11, 2019 12:42 PM

Nov 2016
I came to love Sigurd.

Cute chapter.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 14, 2020 3:11 PM

Apr 2018
Askeladd was my fav character in prologue arc, Snake was my fav side character in farmland arc and now Sig is my fav character in this arc he is too good love his character development
Apr 13, 2020 3:29 AM

Jul 2014
Is it just me, almost every charactersin this goddamn series are so likeable? Well maybe except some like Floki or King Sweyn but still lol.
Sigurd just officially becomes one of my favorite character, what a bro hope he can find happiness in future..!
Sep 1, 2020 8:35 AM
Apr 2016
WHATTTTT DOES THE FOX SAY????
Dec 24, 2020 9:27 PM
Apr 2020
Sigurd is one of the most likable characters in all of Vinland Saga
Oct 10, 2021 1:44 PM
Jul 2017
At least Sigurd still got his squad of true bros. That’s more than anything a man could ever ask for.
Apr 5, 2022 9:49 AM

Jan 2009
lol goals before holes am i right Sigurd or maybe its bros before hoes to him

but what is the answer of Thorfinn to the confession of Gudrid though

Jan 16, 1:55 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
he said good-bye!!
Great men!!!
kekeke

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Chapter 191 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BigPPFumiya - Feb 25, 2022

74 by jgreene »»
Yesterday, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Chapter 209 Discussion

ryzxgum - Feb 23

22 by TheMangaManiac »»
Apr 15, 4:41 PM

» vinland saga manga is ending soon

deg - Apr 13

6 by Hei316 »»
Apr 14, 9:31 AM

» Some great music to listen to while reading?

Ghoultulhu - Aug 26, 2015

8 by enigmasauce »»
Apr 5, 8:10 AM

» vinland saga 210 release date?

CRG - Apr 2

1 by deg »»
Apr 2, 2:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.