Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Carole & Tuesday
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 30, 2019 8:31 PM

Sep 2017
Omg the animation. I was honestly floored during Pytor's dance like god damn. This was a great episode, but I'm not surprised by the outcome. I can see this competition lasting at least 2 more eps, but I could see it stretch to three.
May 30, 2019 9:35 PM

Jan 2013
OG Bulldog is GOAT...he just unluckily fell victim to bracket seeding

i have a bad feeling about this Cybell person and i dont like it
May 30, 2019 11:12 PM
May 2012
wow i've never thought Hip-Hopera is going to anime scene. Besides it's just famous on last December if im not mistaken

The musician is Babatunde Akinboboye, check out his video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F07VAXKXGWE

This anime sure has lots of metas for musician, just like Sakamichi no Apollon
May 31, 2019 2:18 AM

Jan 2019
Those old brothers literaly killed me when they started singing xD
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
May 31, 2019 2:30 AM
Jun 2017
ohh yeah, im like watching a real singing competition from this one... that OG bulldog did surprise me as he can rap and an opera like singing...

and Carole and Tuesday did sung that nicely though i agree with the judge with they way they sing their song-- its plain!!! though the music is pleasing to my ears they need to stand out more...

regarding pytor- i expected him to win since he performed wel l on singing and has choreography on it...

well looking for next weeks episode, and more new songs yeah!!!
May 31, 2019 3:52 AM
Apr 2019
JizzyHitler said:
sarahak said:
Carole and tuesday is one of the finest, most beautiful anime this season, but please someone ask them to tone down the comedia.. its just that… its not their area… and it literally lowers the quality of the show as whole..

Im on the opposite camp honestly, the comedy has been on point but almost every attempt at drama has kind of flopped save for the scene with angela's domestic abuse.

By compared with his previous anime, Terror of Resonance, which is better?
May 31, 2019 4:34 AM
Aug 2015
Seriously! When can I buy the soundtrack for this anime???
May 31, 2019 4:39 AM

Sep 2011
TheUnknownKnown said:
JizzyHitler said:
Im on the opposite camp honestly, the comedy has been on point but almost every attempt at drama has kind of flopped save for the scene with angela's domestic abuse.

well this show is enjoyable and zankyou no terror is like one of the most infamous hype killers of the decade

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 31, 2019 5:20 AM

Dec 2011
CaiCaiKindOfDay said:

+1, I love the music so much!

And Pyotr's performance floored me. At first I thought that his attitude of being "like, I just wanna sing and stuff" was just a prelude to his awful singing, but boy was I surprised. Not to mention the great animation of his dance! I really enjoy such attention to detail, makes a show all the more interesting.

C&T did well, too, but they had better songs imo. Catchy and all, but there was something missing. Regardless, it's alarming how the music in this show pulls at my heartstrings.
May 31, 2019 5:37 AM
Apr 2019
JizzyHitler said:
TheUnknownKnown said:

well this show is enjoyable and zankyou no terror is like one of the most infamous hype killers of the decade

To be honest, of all Shinichiro Watanabe works, I have never watched Terror of Resonance. Can you tell me why?
TheUnknownKnownMay 31, 2019 6:58 AM
May 31, 2019 6:24 AM

Feb 2014
The performances from the other contestants in this talent show were memorable in their own way. The Fire Brothers are both close to hitting the big 100, but there performance was hectic and crazy. I loved it! =D

Pytor's personality is annoying and kind of sums up the typical Millennial/Generation Z in a nutshell about how much his amount of followers online means everything to him. However, he did redeem himself with his performance, though. Not only was the animation so smooth and excellent, but his song was pretty good, too, despite the odd repetitive lyrics here and there.

OG Bulldog was a bigger surprise. I'd expect him to rap normally, but instead, he sang in Latin and with an opera singer-type of voice, too. However, his grandma was there to correct his lying backstory that left him with facial expressions that was so damn hilarious! XD

Carole & Tuesday's new song was nice and had a good melody to it, but I do agree that this is one of their weakest songs so far. Judge Catherine's words about them being too plain and normal does hit home for them, but their performance was good enough to see them through to the semi-finals. =)

Angela's starting to fully understand and taken notice of the increasing presence of Carole & Tuesday, so she went up to them and rather arrogantly talked the two of them down like she was sitting on her high horse. I feel that Angela will win this talent show, which does look obvious for now, but her arrogant rant about the two girls shows that Angela now sees them as rivals. Hopefully Angela can tone down her bitchy attitude to them next time, though. =/

Great episode and I'm looking forward to seeing how the other four contestants get on next time, mainly Cybelle.
May 31, 2019 9:01 AM
Jan 2017
Angela bringing out the tsundere; I am surprised, Carole nor Tuesday could read her.
This was another top-notch episode.
May 31, 2019 9:03 AM
Jan 2017
husky9510 said:
wow i've never thought Hip-Hopera is going to anime scene. Besides it's just famous on last December if im not mistaken

The musician is Babatunde Akinboboye, check out his video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F07VAXKXGWE

This anime sure has lots of metas for musician, just like Sakamichi no Apollon
the music is one of the big reasons i hope this show gets a dub soon.
May 31, 2019 9:23 AM
Jan 2015
Fun episode, OG Bulldog and the Fire Brothers were great lol. I believe Carole and Tuesday's songs have been mundane recently for narrative reasons. We're only just barely through 1/4 of the story and it just wouldn't feel right if every song they had was this amazing masterpiece. These girls are still amateurs afterall and they've already shown that they have immense talent and potential, so they just need more time to grow and improve as song writers and artists.
My Queens

May 31, 2019 11:07 AM

May 2017
yo the dance performance of pyotr was incredible! I don't know if it was rotoscoped or not but I don't really care to be honest. The timing and the fluidity in the animation was seriously impressive.

Now Carole&Tuesday's song was okay but I think that was the weakest one so far for me.

Angelas character took a deep nosedive in this episode.
May 31, 2019 11:56 AM

Feb 2007
Stalker acquired.

OG Bulldog was good. Expected the obvious surprise and was not to be disappointed.
May 31, 2019 12:20 PM

Apr 2011
Fire brothers reminded me of REDLINE

That female judge is the most reasonable character on the show really

More of Roddy pleaseee
May 31, 2019 12:43 PM

Sep 2017
Pyotr's dance was seriously well animated. Did they choreograph and rotoscope it? It looked and sounded really good. I was on the edge of my seat during Carole and Tuesday's block. I knew they would get through but I also had a doubt in the back of my head that they would immediately get eliminated. How this tournament is going to progress is pretty obvious. As soon as I saw the matchups, I knew what was going to happen, so keep in mind I came up with this before seeing Pyotr and C&T perform. Not tooting my own horn here either; what is going to happen is really obvious.

edited to make myself sound less like an egotistical asshole
GytanzoMay 31, 2019 12:49 PM
May 31, 2019 12:47 PM

May 2018
The fire sisters have finally met their match
May 31, 2019 12:48 PM
Jun 2016
The judges’ critique are on point. I have a Q, this anime categorize as romance does that mean C and T will have a relationship other than the usual friendship that going on now ? I’m just curious
May 31, 2019 12:49 PM

Sep 2017
Zoz-1 said:
The judges’ critique are on point. I have a Q, this anime categorize as romance does that mean C and T will have a relationship other than the usual friendship that going on now ? I’m just curious
There isn't source material for this show, so that's either a) speculation or b) some random MAL user making a guess and the staff approving it. I wouldn't put much meaning behind it, honestly.
May 31, 2019 1:42 PM

Mar 2017
A new song after two weeks. Wasn't as good as the previous ones tho. Pyotr's song was surprisingly nice.

Well it was obvious that Carole, Tuesday and Angela would end up becoming rivals.

Also that Cybelle person seems really obsessed with Tuesday.
May 31, 2019 2:24 PM

Apr 2009
Some very memorable and funny performances. I thought the opera-rap was so original, loved it.
But I agree with many here, C&T had def better songs.
I'm not fond of Pyotr. I'd probably get flaked for saying, but I find his voice very annoying. When I looked him up, it made sense to me, since he's voiced by Aoi Shouta and I've never liked his voice acting nor his voice.
But Pyotrs performance was surprisingly good, even though his singing voice sounds waay too different to his speaking voice. The dance is very well animated, for once not cringy like some others I've seen in Anime.
shiroi-ookamiMay 31, 2019 2:29 PM
May 31, 2019 4:28 PM

Sep 2011
TheUnknownKnown said:
JizzyHitler said:

To be honest, of all Shinichiro Watanabe works, I have never watched Terror of Resonance. Can you tell me why?
Its played up very seriously but is comically over the top in a bad way contrasting it, its starts off great but introduces and absolutely horrendous antagonist that plays to the show's worst parts and is just so over the top it ruins any tension

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 31, 2019 4:39 PM

Oct 2013
I love how most of the performances come as a big surprise in this show, like Pyotr's performance this episode. I was expecting Carole & Tuesday to steal the show but I gotta hand it to Pyotr.

May 31, 2019 4:42 PM

Dec 2013
Gotta agree with people here - the animation on Pyotr was amazing! The next round is gonna be tough for the MCs. (And yeah, he does have an over-the-top female accent to his voice that's rather grating.)

It still weirds me out to listen to the Japanese voices completely change when they start singing in English. I think this might be one of those shows where the dub is preferred once Netflix bothers to release it.
May 31, 2019 5:19 PM

Jul 2014
I loved Pyotr's performance lol
May 31, 2019 6:27 PM

Oct 2008
all the contestants are really weirdly funny except the main 2 girls!
OG Bulldog's blend of Opera and rap was unique! and funny as well especially when her grandma appeared! that was hilarious!
This is just the first round and it gets harder of course...and oh! Angela already pissed-off to the 2 girls because she consider them a rival and a threat!
5/5.

May 31, 2019 7:02 PM
Nov 2018
ولله أداء في الحلقة جبار مو غريبة على أستوديو فولمتل
Bones💜💜
أعجبني بيوتر ما توقعت له افضل أغنية
اتمنى يكون له ادوار ثاني
Jun 1, 2019 2:47 AM

May 2015
A fun episodes, finally they meet, also super happy to hear a male voice sing.
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso is shit
Jun 1, 2019 5:15 AM

Feb 2011
Am I the only one that feels like every C&T performance so far except for the first one feels like it's lacking something ? Because of that I can't really feel the chemistry between the two main characters.
Jun 1, 2019 5:58 AM
May 2019
mabbbs said:
Where are you guys watching the episode? I can't find it anywhere.

It's like they say you have to KISS a lot of frogs before you can find the prince or in this case ANIME. however those frogs just keep COMing
Jun 1, 2019 6:53 AM

Sep 2011
Hatsuyuki said:
Am I the only one that feels like every C&T performance so far except for the first one feels like it's lacking something ? Because of that I can't really feel the chemistry between the two main characters.
the lonliest girl was kind of the closest thing they had to a good song, i think the chemistry for the characters themsleves are there but their music is high and far the weak point of the show and it feels like its getting worse

Gytanzo said:
Zoz-1 said:
There isn't source material for this show, so that's either a) speculation or b) some random MAL user making a guess and the staff approving it. I wouldn't put much meaning behind it, honestly.
its honestly kind of frustrating that this show, which has had 0 romantic implications past gus having an ex gets the tag for no real reason, but a bunch of romance shows with it as a heavy focus dont get it for some confounding reason, senryuu shoujo from this season comes to mind, literally the whole show is just teasing the girl for having a crush and being about her and her crush's relationship, but nope no tag but this one does.
JizzyHitlerJun 1, 2019 6:57 AM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jun 1, 2019 8:03 AM

Feb 2011
JizzyHitler said:
Hatsuyuki said:
the lonliest girl was kind of the closest thing they had to a good song, i think the chemistry for the characters themsleves are there but their music is high and far the weak point of the show and it feels like its getting worse

Gytanzo said:
its honestly kind of frustrating that this show, which has had 0 romantic implications past gus having an ex gets the tag for no real reason, but a bunch of romance shows with it as a heavy focus dont get it for some confounding reason, senryuu shoujo from this season comes to mind, literally the whole show is just teasing the girl for having a crush and being about her and her crush's relationship, but nope no tag but this one does.

which shouldn't be the case since music is kind of the theme/selling point of the show..
Jun 1, 2019 8:13 AM

Sep 2011
Hatsuyuki said:
JizzyHitler said:

which shouldn't be the case since music is kind of the theme/selling point of the show..
yeah i agree its bizzare, i thankfully think the actual show part of the show is really enjoyable but I feel this anime would actually be something special if the music didnt blow.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jun 1, 2019 6:49 PM

Feb 2014
Pyotr really shook the stage. What a performance that was. Unique and mesmerizing. On the other hand Carole and Tuesday singing was the heart of the soul. Feels right in to you.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 1, 2019 10:16 PM

Jun 2013
I actually like Pyotr and want to see him more in the future. He's bigheaded but he's fun to watch. His song/audition was great. I liked all the auditions, even the twin granpas. OG Bulldog was fucking awesome, he deserves to win more than anyone but I guess he needs to work at the drugstore again.

Catherine is obviously like Simon Cowell in this series.

I like the AI dog judge the most though. That little thing is my favorite, it would've been awesome to see him judge IDEA. lol

Also, Angela was obviously threatened by Carole and Tuesday. Speaking of Tuesday, looks like she has a stalker.
臭い-
Jun 2, 2019 2:18 AM
Aug 2015
Kyoris said:
CaiCaiKindOfDay said:

+1, I love the music so much!

And Pyotr's performance floored me. At first I thought that his attitude of being "like, I just wanna sing and stuff" was just a prelude to his awful singing, but boy was I surprised. Not to mention the great animation of his dance! I really enjoy such attention to detail, makes a show all the more interesting.

C&T did well, too, but they had better songs imo. Catchy and all, but there was something missing. Regardless, it's alarming how the music in this show pulls at my heartstrings.

I’ve literally broke into tears over how powerful some of them are! XP
I love how every episode has named after a real song and they show the album! This seriously mite be the first show I write a review for!
Jun 2, 2019 4:58 PM

Feb 2019
I thought Pyotr was going to fuck up his performance, but it turn out really good. Gonna jam to his song all day
Jun 2, 2019 6:11 PM

Mar 2019
I was wondering when Angela was gonna become relevant. Hope this game show doesn't last too many eps though.
Jun 2, 2019 9:24 PM

Jun 2015
ew... angela has nothing likable so far, her voice is okay as an acapella even. i wanna see a bit more pyotr though, his personality was pretty. ech, but his voice was great. he might have a story as to why he's attention seeking, probably.
tuesday's new "friend" or more stalker, is giving me big, bad vibes.
Jun 3, 2019 7:59 AM

Jan 2015
OG Bulldog's song sounded like a JoJo part 2 OST.
Jun 3, 2019 1:17 PM

Oct 2017
Another sweet song from Carole & Tuesday. Also the old dudes were crazy lmao.
Jun 4, 2019 8:44 AM

Jun 2016
Somehow i have a feeling neither of them will win (Carole/Tuesday or Angela), idk
Pyotr's vocals are amazing but his atitude is.. ugh.
Also i wonder how Cybelle is when performing, she/he (i feel they're a she but-) seems to be the one sending Tuesday a load of messages and i find it creepy.. i like the character's design so i'd like if they would support Tuesday(and Carole) in a good way instead of acting like a creep.
Jun 4, 2019 9:43 AM

May 2015
As usual it absolutely amazes me the amount of music this anime is pumping out and with it all being great songs. Normally a music anime will have two or three songs at most but C & T just keeps going and its not just the main characters there's tones of artists its great.

The Instagram guy's song seemed quite different from his Japanese counterpart but still a great song.

Also Carol and Tuesday song as usual was beautiful so cant wait to hear more.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 4, 2019 1:19 PM

Apr 2012
>that moment when Tao stopped what he was doing and looked at the screen
10/10

Also Bulldog's gran was cute.
EratiKJun 4, 2019 1:23 PM
Jun 4, 2019 9:08 PM

Feb 2015
Angela got a new manager named Katie. Carole and Tuesday arrived to the contest, they encountered with Angela and Tuesday encountered with a fan of her named Cybelle, a contestant too. The presenter introduced the eight contestants and declared the two competitions of the show. Fire Brothers competed against Pyotr and they lost, Pyotr got to the semifinals. OG Bulldog competed against Carole & Tuesday, but Bulldog lost due to his lies about his past at the beginning. Angela saw Carole and Tuesday as her rivals.

The episode was really good, I felt like Pyotr and Carole & Tuesday were too normal, I mean, in a world of eccentric music, like the guy that mixed rap and opera. I think that they need to improve her songs to highlight their attributes and be better than the other contestants. Overall good.
Jun 5, 2019 10:00 AM

Jun 2016
I'm a week late but I really loved this one. This anime is just so sweet and fun and full of characters I'm becoming fond of. I especially like Tao, the fact he didn't come because Angela won't be singing was brilliant, he's all business. A great pairing for the stubborn child star. And, he noticed Carole and Tuesday's song, he knows they're a threat and being Mr. Ai I bet he sees some soul in that music.

So, two seemingly recurrent characters were introduced. Cybelle and Katie Kimura. I take it Cybelle is to drive some tension between Carrie and Tuesday as well as to maybe manipulate the docile Tuesday she so clearly has a crush on. When she was first introduced I liked the way Carole stepped in like a big sister and was like hol up... chill. I did think she'd be a bigger tournament threat but since Angela, and Carole and Tuesday are so obviously set for grand finals and she's up against Angela for her first round I think perhaps her role may more so be one of creating drama, even during her performance. She's dark haired and fair-skinned with sharp features and the second she showed up I was all, she looks threatening and antagonistic. Plus she kinda looks like Tao, maybe she's his sister or something if we wanna get really wild. As for Katie, I hope she actually ends up seeing the real Angela and bonds with her. If a real friendship could form that would be amazing.

Roddy and Gus celebrating and Gus freaking out and Roddy calming him down were adorable. And I laughed so hard at Mama fighting for Angela and Gus being like a dad fighting for Carole and Tuesday. Gus's line about how Angela sees them as a rival was wonderful too, showing yet again no moment of hesitation, it didn't affect him and he saw it in a morale boosting way.

The performances were interesting! The subversion was clear, old death metal twins, a big scary rapper singing Opera, and an annoying vlogger having a darn good voice. I was wondering if Pyotr was any good, he made it here so he had to be, but at the same time I wasn't sure if his voice would be played as a joke. Yet as soon as I saw that beautiful dance animation I was all, okay he has to be good so they don't waste this. That should make the 2nd round for Carole and Tuesday quite the real one. OG Bulldog was endearing too. <3

P.S. Tuesday is looking far more comfortable now! She was hardly nervous this time.
Jun 5, 2019 5:50 PM
Jan 2019
Hahaha, what a funny competition. There are very strange participants. LOL 😂. You do not know what to expect from this competition, it's quite a surprise.
It's me or the voices of the seiyuus in English and Japanese of Pyot do not agree at all. One has an effeminate voice and the other male voice 😅. I thought that his presentation was based on Playback.

The truth is a little doubt about whether Carole & Tuesday would go to the next round of the competition. OG Bulldog made an incredible combination of rap and opera, hahaha, do not wait for me at all xD.
Although after seeing Carole's presentation and Tuesday I felt relieved. The voice, the lyrics and the musical composition have them, but they lack more dynamic in their presentations. A little more action.
Hahahahaha do not stop laughing with the grandmother of OG Bulldog.LOL 😂.

Angela is a @ $ &!, How dare she talk to girls that way! The only thing that makes her behavior understand is that she recognizes her talent and recognizes them as her biggest rivals in the contest. He dies of envy: v.

Now, about the girl or guy Cybelle ... I'm not homophobic or anything like that, but please do not have lesbian relationships in this series, it's fine as it is now! No scissors! I think she is an obsessive fan and it bothers me that she treats Carole with indifference.

Finally, the judge said that the music of Carole and Tuesday was simple, but it is just that kind of music that is missing. The music of the heart.
At present, there is a lot of junk music like Reggaeton. The voices are no longer natural. Now anyone can be a singer with a bit of fame, a sticky lyrics and a good voice edition.
Singing can do any, music only a few.
Jun 6, 2019 6:49 AM

Oct 2013
What the fuck? This is rigged. OG Bulldog had absolutely the BEST performance in this show so far without anything even approaching competition and he got yeeted out by some bullshit "lying about his character" motivate completely irrelevant to the talent show and two girls writing generic, saccharine teen girl music. Opera rap?? OPERA RAP?????? How have I never thought of such a thing? Who said there is no room to create new music genres? Bullshit! And it was incredible, too!

That judge bitch hit the nail on the head with her criticism regarding C&T... I've enjoyed their compositions, but the competition is so much more overwhelmingly unique/catchy.

Gotta take a moment to praise Pyotr, too. I don't know much about electronic subgenres, but that's my taste of electronic music. Kinda gives some vibes like Daft Punk's Random Access Memories. Like "Instant Crush," but with more traditionally eurodance vocals.

P.S. Those death metal grandpas are me at their age. Thanks for giving me hope that I can still love and make extreme metal even into my elder years.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2019

77 by Shikkakku »»
Yesterday, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2019

85 by Shikkakku »»
Yesterday, 7:37 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

81 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 22, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2019

134 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 21, 8:52 PM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2019

101 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 20, 8:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.