Forum Settings
Forums

Character you liked initially but grew to dislike as the anime went on

Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Post New Reply
Jun 2, 6:11 AM

Probably character like L.

When you are of younger age, you'd find those edgy characters "cool", but as you grow older you would just realize all their actions lack rationality, and it's edgy for the sake of it.

Also I grow to hate those overpowered mc without a good reason on shows that leaning toward a serious tone, especially in an isekai setting.

I also hate shows that the author desperately try to depict mc as someone who's useless/ lack any distinctiveness at the beginning, but quickly reveal it actually has the most overpowered gimmick very soon after the mc got mistreated due to his lack of power.

Jun 2, 6:21 AM
I immediately thought about griffith, but maybe that's not what it means. I like griffith as a character, but hate him because he's a great villain (villain is suppose to be hated, of course).

If you mean something like hate them as the character, I will choose Kirito. He had potential, but his harem, perfect personality and a skill to "hack" makes me just hate him.

The others will be Sasuke from Naruto, Onodera from Nisekoi, and... I can't really think about anyone else.

Jun 2, 6:33 AM

Fujiwara Chika from kaguya sama tbh

Jun 2, 6:36 AM

For the most part, I'm generally pretty good at picking who I like and dislike from the start. I think big shifts upset me, when they don't feel authentic.

For example, I dropped TTGL because Simon became a Kamina clone.

Jun 2, 6:52 AM
Haruhi Suzumiya. Thank God for Disappearance.
Optigisa said:
I thought Shinpachi was the funniest dude ever when I started Gintama, nope, he was what ruined the show for me.
Also that one: his screams and remarks made me laugh a lot early on. By Gintama', I just wished he would stop appearing.

Jun 2, 6:52 AM

like the entire cast of Shingkei no Bahumat virgin soul, such a fucking disaster of a TV series.

Also the entire cast of gundam seed by destiny including anyone from destiny's cast. Its absurd how much that series actively tried to ruin anything decent about it, and how much it succeeds in that regard.

Aastra343 said:
Definitely Chika, she grew to be quite an annoying one.
I mean shes meant to be annoying to a degree which lends itself well to the joke with her being shes a condescending asshole that gets frequently blown the fuck out for being so rude to everyone, I just hope S2 happens so we can see this more directly as the anime only started to lightly cover this part.

It was really weird that her of all character got so popular honestly, shes the only one of the main 5 characters that is played exclusively for laughs and is kind of made out to be a not particularly good person

Ventus_S said:

I also hate shows that the author desperately try to depict mc as someone who's useless/ lack any distinctiveness at the beginning, but quickly reveal it actually has the most overpowered gimmick very soon after the mc got mistreated due to his lack of power.

Youd love world trigger, main character is super in over his head and has to eat alot of shit before gradually getting better and adapting, and even then hes mostly using wits and clever thinking as hes still really weak compared to the people hes going up against.
Modified by JizzyHitler, Jun 2, 6:56 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 2, 6:57 AM

SaiDrew said:
Haruhi Suzumiya. Thank God for Disappearance.
Optigisa said:
I thought Shinpachi was the funniest dude ever when I started Gintama, nope, he was what ruined the show for me.
Also that one: his screams and remarks made me laugh a lot early on. By Gintama', I just wished he would stop appearing.

So selfish, my God, what he did to his poor friends was sad.
No more posts.

Jun 2, 7:11 AM

[quote=Ventus_S message=57734810]Probably character like L.
[/quote
and Light Yagami

Jun 20, 11:03 AM

Naofumi Iwatani, he just became boring

Jun 20, 3:09 PM
Optigisa said:

he keeps shouting obvious stuff and its passed off as humor
my ears can't take it anymore and im only on ep 20

Jun 21, 12:30 AM

I would say it's probably Sanji lol I thought he would have been more influencial

Jun 21, 12:49 AM

Minori, Toradora. I liked her quirkiness at first but she became so obnoxious at the end with all the drama she was involved in. She just kept getting worse and worse imo. She went from my favourite of the three (Ami, Taiga and Minori), to the worst by the end of the show.

Jun 21, 6:54 AM

Kazumi from Gokukoku no Brynhildr She started as a cool morally ambigous hacker who only acts according to her interests, just to became the representation of everything wrong with one dimensional tsunderes. Hot headed, contradictory behaivour, and just being downright awful with the boy she """""""likes"""""""".

Jun 21, 6:58 AM

I've never disliked a character that I initially liked instead, I'd hate the author if they ruin and or waste the potential of a character that I like.

Ne: Dreamy Kid
Fi: Edgelord
Te: Shit-talker
Si: Borderline OCD

Jun 21, 7:08 AM

Chinatsu from Tsukigakirei was the first character that came to my mind. Initially I really liked her; she was sweet and her feelings for Kotaro seemed genuine. But once Kotaro begins dating Akane and Chinatsu still wants to confess her feelings for him that ticked me off. Plus, she’s Akane’s best friend; that just seems like a big stab in the back if you ask me. Maybe it’s just me, but if I like a girl and she already has a boyfriend I consider her “off limits” which includes confessing my feelings for her. I know people feel like they have to get it off their chest, and I did feel bad for Chinatsu, but I still don’t think she went about her feelings in the right way. Oh, and then when she wanted to be alone with him at the carnival when she knew he and Akane were a couple that just seemed so manipulative. Anyways, yes, within one episode she went from sweet and likable to annoying and selfish. Again, I think it depends on what you personally think is appropriate and inappropriate in how you deal with relationships. That’s my two cents! :)

Jun 22, 11:33 PM

Reinhard from LOTGH. He initially looked pretty cool with how he handles things as a leader, but his growing obsession with wanting a fair fight with Yang gradually ruined my impression of him in the long run.

Yes, this is an unpopular opinion :P

Jun 22, 11:45 PM

Re:Zero emilia,but then rem happened. jk

Jun 23, 1:07 AM

Kingushii said:
Mika Hyakuya, I like him a lot in 1st Season especially when they are still kids but at the 2nd Season I started to dislike him maybe his personality change I guess.

Yes he does changing. It will be explained later in the story. It's on purpose and is one of important plot point later on. So don't give up on him!! XDD

Anyway onto the topic, for me:

Tsukuyo.
I really loved her when she was first introduced, Yoshiwara arc was amazing. She is badass, independent, strong. She went up to 2nd place after Kagura. But then she fell for Gintoki (like all recurring female chars in Gintama lmao) and suddenly it brings out her tsundere side to the surface. I hate female tsunderes in general, but what disappointed me more is the author totally use her tsundere side as romantic comic relief and now I can lump her with Otae. Gintoki doesn't need more violent girls around him smh. The author uses her as one of Gintoki's violent girls that has a crush on him more than a good and interesting character she was once. She used to be interesting, now she is just yet another boring and annoying tsundere girl. A shame.

Kaneki.
Tbh I'd grown to hate Kaneki so much now that I've forgotten why I used to have him in my favorite character list in the first place.
OTP: Kid x Law | Katsuki x Izuku | Erwin x Levi | Hide x Kaneki | Sanada x Yukimura | See more!

» My doujinshi collection
» Favorite Boku no Hero Academia doujinshi

"There is only a few things in this world that I actually care. First is my family, second is my husbandos, third is my OTPs, and fourth is my two best friends. So yeah idgaf about your opinion, extras :)"

Jun 23, 1:16 AM

Sasuke from Naruto and Aoyama from Sakurasou are the two I can think of.
ใ€๐Ÿ‡ณโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ผโ€‹ ๐Ÿ‡ตโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ทโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ดโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ซโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฑโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹ ๐Ÿ‡ฉโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ธโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฌโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ณโ€‹ใ€‘

Art by: Mitsuki Sanagi: https://twitter.com/sanagi_zzz?lang=da

I accept all friend requests! - Feel free to add me!

Jun 25, 1:27 PM

Asaeed said:
Minori, Toradora. I liked her quirkiness at first but she became so obnoxious at the end with all the drama she was involved in. She just kept getting worse and worse imo. She went from my favourite of the three (Ami, Taiga and Minori), to the worst by the end of the show.

Omg agree to this so muchi she became so annoying at the end

Also besides Minori,

Light Yagami from Death Note
Hinata Hyuuga from Naruto
Touka from Tokyo Ghoul

I liked them at first but then I couldnt handle even seeing them for 1 sec

Pages (2) « 1 [2]