Forum Settings
Forums

Character you liked initially but grew to dislike as the anime went on

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 5, 2022 3:41 PM

Sep 2022
Henrietta From “Familiar of Zero”
When she was initially introduced, I thought she was pretty decent. But MY GOD did she start to get on my nerves as the story progressed. Mostly due to her inclusion

Honestly, the anime vague in my head (watched it many many years ago) so I may have gotten some details wrong, but I really don’t like her
Dec 5, 2022 3:43 PM

Aug 2018
Subaru from Re:Zero I guess. I defended him a lot when the first season was new. Lots of people just couldn't cope with the cringe but I liked that he was given room to grow and better himself as a person. As if the typical modern anime viewer posting on MAL would fare any better in his situation. But then season 2 comes around and even though he's supposedly had some kind epiphany and has changed his ways for the better, he actually acts the same way he always did.

B-but it's not like I hate him or anything! I just don't care anymore.
Dec 5, 2022 5:08 PM
Jul 2021
Bell Cranel from Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? At first I genuinely liked this show, everything about this show.

Now I hate it/him beyond words. I even did something I usualy don't do, I dropped this anime, and I'm not looking back.

So long little rookie.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Dec 5, 2022 5:40 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
AverageMangaRead said:
LeonhartAugust said:

I like his young counterpart, but old joseph is pretty meh. I disliked that he cheated on his wife and I don’t like his senile self. That plot point came of nowhere.
I wish the author never wrote him as being a cheater in the first place. He's such a great character and him cheating just tarnishes it. I wish he could've come up with another way of having Joseph.

On top of that, I'm not a fan of part 3's story structure and plot. I hated how kakyoin and advol became wasted characters and the shitty comedy scenes especially the ones involving polnareff and joseph. Especially that one mistaken for gay scene in that one episode. Oh god, how that scene was cringe-inducing.

I'd add Mu la flaga from Gundam seed. Imagine taking a good character and
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - 37 minutes ago

6 by Pokitaru »»
5 minutes ago

» Isekai anime are better than any other genre.

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 20

38 by WaffleMaster89 »»
10 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9065 by Baserleak »»
13 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

150 by ISeeLifePeople »»
14 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

59 by AzafuseKingTora »»
36 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.