Forum Settings
Forums

Has your AOTY aired if not what show are you waiting for?

May 28, 8:21 AM
Personally, there hasn't been a show that I would put #1 so far. Closest would be Kaguya, but I felt like there were some stuff missing from being absolutely my favorite. Another one would Shield Hero but I'm waiting til it is over to make my final decision. If anything I'm looking forward for Vinland Saga. I've heard many good things from it and it look pretty good from the trailers. So yea, everything I've seen so far has been solid and I cant wait what this year has in store for anime. Looking good as of now.

May 28, 8:37 AM

I haven't seen anything from this year I'd call a masterpiece yet, Neverland, Mob Psycho and AoT are the closest so far. I have high expectations for Vinland Saga as the manga is fantastic. There's also a few promising sequels coming up: MHA, Psycho Pass, King's Avatar and Mo Dao Zu Shi.

May 28, 9:20 AM

It is mob psycho second season for me

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

May 28, 9:27 AM
Yes, Attack on Titan and Mob!! Nuff said

May 28, 9:30 AM

I guess Quanzhi Gaoshou and Vinland Saga. Kaguya and Mob psycho II are my favourites so far.

May 28, 9:32 AM

Attack on Titan and kaguya sama were the greatest of this year so far! I'm really hyped for vinland saga, oregairu and re zero if the latter two air this year

May 28, 9:34 AM
I don't know, but there's a very high chance that either Bungou Stray Dogs 3rd Season or Fruits Basket will be my anime of the year 2019 whenever i get to watching them.

May 28, 9:37 AM

Attack on Titan baby, also waiting for season 4 of Boku no Hero, good shit man.

May 28, 9:38 AM

Miru Tights easily. The number of tears shed only 3 eps in is more like Anime of the Decade
'On-Hold' is another way for a completionist to say 'Dropped'

May 28, 9:40 AM

It'd be Kaguya Sama for me, personally, but I still look to what the second half of 2019 has in store.

May 28, 10:44 AM

No, not yet, but soon. It's "Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru?".

May 28, 10:45 AM
thevagus said:
It is mob psycho second season for me

agreed once season 3 is announced and i have watched it im gonna score all its seasons as 10/10

May 28, 10:56 AM

I'll try to remember this question 7 months from now
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

May 28, 10:58 AM
My Hero Academia sequel is coming in months too so be prepared for that, good boy Mirio will hype a lot of people

May 28, 11:11 AM

Nothing worthy of AOTY yet, Kaguya & Shield hero are possible candidates.

Decide once every certain number of years which members of the ruling class will oppress and crush the people in parliament: this is the true essence of bourgeois parliamentarism, not only in the constitutional parliamentary monarchies but in the most democratic republics
- The State and Revolution (September 1917), Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov "Lenin".

May 28, 11:27 AM

Mob Psycho and Kaguya-sama are currently my AOTYs, with Mob Psycho probably getting my vote even though I loved Kaguya-sama. I haven't seen Attack on Titan SEASON 4 yet, and MHA season 4 is coming soon as well so I'll wait until the end of the year to decide.

May 28, 11:36 AM
Attack on Titan! This season destroys all others imo

May 28, 11:52 AM
My highest rated show so far is Ekoda-chan at 9/10 but the year is still young and I don't watch most shows before they finished airing so I expect there to be a bunch more 9s at the end of the year and hopefully one or two 10s as well, maybe more if this turns out to be an above average year for anime.
no more forums

May 28, 11:54 AM

How am I supposed to know if there'll be airing an anime series better than Sarazanmai and Hulaing Babies over the rest of the year?!
So far, I can call them my favorites, but if it'll change due to better anime airing, or Sarazanmai's ending falling apart in quality in the next weeks is nothing I can prophesize.
----------

May 28, 12:39 PM

Carole & Tuesday and Mob Psycho II are my highest rated shows of the year so far. Still waiting for Vinland Saga and Dr. Stone next season and third seasons of Psycho Pass and Chihayafuru in the fall before making the AOTY claim for anything.

May 28, 3:35 PM

Mob Psycho season 2 is my AOTY at the moment. It'll be difficult for anything to top it since that would involve the show becoming one of my top 10 anime of all time, but we'll have to see.

May 28, 3:54 PM

I'm fairly certain it's going to be Aggretsuko season 2. Could also be Beastars.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"

May 28, 3:59 PM

I don't see the point of asking this if the year hasn't ended...

But so far, the best anime for me is Mob Psycho.

May 28, 4:00 PM

Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 part 2. Mob Psycho 2 was great and all, but it had some weaks episodes on the start and it got only one episode that made me think: "Holy shit 10/10"
Modified by thiago52192, May 28, 4:10 PM

May 28, 4:08 PM

Hmm, so hard to say. Nothing from spring is going to contend, I can basically guarantee that, and from Winter, if Dororo sticks the landing it'll be a contender, otherwise Kaguya-Sama or Mob Psycho 100 will be in contention for it. Oh, and Run With the Wind (because a show is contender for AOTY for me when it ends, not when it starts).

As for what's coming along later that might challenge it, I've heard generally fantastic things about Vinland Saga so if that lives up to the hype it might, and personally Chihayafuru 3 and High Score Girl 2 are sequels to 2 of my favorite anime, High Score Girl 2 really having the potential to become my AOTY as it should be finishing off the story.

Otherwise, I will make no calls on upcoming anime because I haven't heard much about any of them and I don't want to talk about a show based on premise alone.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good

May 28, 4:17 PM

Still waiting for Chihayafuru 3, seems like the most likely contender for AOTY( even tho it's a continuation) and an anime I would love to see as a 10 for me.

Then there's also the 4th season of MyHero with my absolute favorite arc. The anime adaptation tends to be of extremely high quality, so I hope it can take this already great arc and push it even further.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

May 28, 4:23 PM

Saying something like AOTY before even half a year passed is a ridiculous thing..
By the way, my most waiting anime for this year are Chihayafuru S3 and Konosuba movie (sequel) ...

May 28, 4:28 PM
It's still early and things can change, but as of right now. My AOTY is Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru. It would have been Mob, but Run with the Wind just blew me away (pun 100% intended). Definitely one of the best sports animes that I've watched.

But this season and the next two are still going on, so my top pick may change.

May 28, 4:38 PM

Kind of soon to tell but so far the only candidate is The Promised Neverland.

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

May 28, 6:10 PM

How about waiting until the year is about to end?

May 28, 6:34 PM

It’s probably going to be Vinland saga if it ends up being as good as people say it is. Other than that, maybe Dororo? Although, the last 2 episodes I watched didn’t really make me very excited to watch the rest...