Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 231 Discussion

May 28, 6:28 AM

THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The chapter almost about the drama club. Natsuo, became sub-manager at the club. Serizawa insists for Natsuo tried themselves in the role of the actor and even teaches him how to act. Seems, his depression is completely gone. But the bad thing - Hina returning home from her work finds thrown out Natsuo a stack of writing paper. And Natsuo says he might stop writing... So his writer block didn't over yet?

May 28, 1:18 PM
This chapter is a bit frustrating for me. It seems like Natsuo has regressed a bit in his character growth. I don't think he'll truly be happy doing anything other than writing. I hope this arc allows himself to see that. Hina will probably be a big factor in that as well.

Other than that, it was a pretty uneventful chapter. Being named vice president makes sense for Natsuo, as he's an easily approachable guy and likes to please people. I'm still waiting on some development on Serizawa, mostly because I think if she was already done with her arc, we would see a lot less of her.

Pretty sure Natsuo was talking to his editor, I don't think he'd have the courage yet to call up Rui.

Looking forward to seeing how this unfolds next week.

May 28, 1:39 PM
That Hina smile tho. It's been a while since i saw her smiling like that.

May 28, 6:44 PM

This chapter almost seemed like a filler. No real significant plot movement. Other than Natsuo foolishly thinking he's going to give up on writing. It showed a bit of how obsessed Hina is with him. I know that she is going to put the moves on him soon.

May 28, 7:03 PM

I also think wis chapter was a little fillerish. Only the last scene makes sense and i think Probably, he speaks with his sensei. Although, if Sasuga want to start Serizawa move this chapter makes sense to...

P.S. Corrected my spelling mistake...
Modified by Akagi-kun, May 29, 2:02 PM

May 29, 5:01 AM
I see some of the parallels between Natsuo and Rui. She disliked Miyabi because she knew Miyabi liked Natsuo and Natsuo was too naive to figure it out. Rui got jealous, but Nat kept thinking they were "just friends" and would go to her for help and advice.
Natsuo disliked Kajita because he could tell he liked Rui. Natsuo got jealous and even told Rui, but she was too naive to see it and still went to Kajita for help and advice because they were "just friends". I see both situations coming to a close soon though.
It seems the author likes to have similar things occur to run a parallel situation. For example, when Hina left and broke up with Natsuo, Rui was there to help get him writing and bring him out of his depression. She wasn't exactly his lover yet, so most of that was as his sister. Now that Rui has left and told Nat they should breakup, Hina will be there to get him writing again. I also think it will be as his sister instead of a lover.
I may be wrong, but I feel Miyabi and Kajita will both make moves and be shot down because Natsuo and Rui will both say they still love the other one. I think it will be a trigger to help them both understand the other's jealousy issues too. We will see.

May 29, 10:01 AM

There's no way Nat it's giving up on writing, just remember there was a time skip where we see him in the future and he's still writing novels.
Also I don't think Hina will let him give up too. I mean she knows the best just how much Natsuo loves writing and how hard he worked on impruving his skills and out of all people Hina wants the most to see Natsuo succeed.
Not to mention long ago Natsuo promised her, he will become a capable writer right after asking her if she's gonna marry him in the future

Talking about Hina.... man, that smile when she was talking about Nat, that's not the smile of a older sister, it's the smile of a women in love :)

May 29, 1:05 PM
This chapter felt as an re-introduction to Serizawa (and her threat as a potential girl) and the college aspect of the manga, after the smoke cleared since the break up, the kidnapping the stabbing etc etc. It also reminds me, the pattern from the earlier parts of the manga, when Hina left for the island and Rui took the supportive role, helping him get over the situation and start writing.
In this case, Hina is replacing Rui and instead of writing it is more of a change of pace, to get over his writing block and get over Rui. Hina overhearing him about dropping the author carrier, was a huge turning point for their relationship in general. It will stir things up in many ways, both as brother and sister and as ex lovers as well, cause she was a defining factor that he started writing seriously to make it happen with Hina.
Damn that smile in the end, when Hina was talking about Nat ;)

May 29, 1:20 PM

The dudes name is escaping me right now but it's the writer that had the heart attack. I think Natsuo was talking to him at the end of the chapter. It could be his editor but I feel like it would make a bit more sense if it was the Author he was working with, I feel like he needed someone in the field to talk to about how he was feeling when it came to writing.

He also seems to be having a fun time in the Drama club as well so that could play a big role in his feelings.

I feel like everyone in here is agreeing that this seemed like a filler chapter overall. Nothing Major. Although Natsup not wanting to write is literally the OPPOSITE reason of what Rui wanted when she stayed in America.

Honestly this chapter frustrated me more then anything because like @Dacenkrone1 said Natsuo's development regressed.
Fall 2019 Waifus in Profile.

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 30, 7:46 AM
SoL Enthusiast

Chapter definitely seemed like a reintroduction of Serizawa. I think he will eventually realize again he likes writing.
:)

May 30, 7:48 AM
Mainly all drama club, but we got to see Serizawa, and she wants him to start acting. Hopefully Natsuo doesn't quit being a novelist.

I wonder when we will see Rui and Natsuo speak.

May 30, 8:41 AM

Naewanz said:
I wonder when we will see Rui and Natsuo speak.

Of course they'll talk, but I am afraid it'll be too late for them... For some reason I think it will happen only when Rui comes back (after at least another 6 months). If I understand correctly, it's been over three months since the breakup and about six months since Rui goes to New York.
P.S. If draw parallel with GE, it is possible that Sasuga already made the decision for Rui and she plays Iketani Shou role now.

May 31, 8:01 PM

It'd be a waste for Natsuo-kun to give up writing at this point. Is it just me, or do you guys also see that Chizura-kun telling something about a "Steady life" and Natsuo-kun thinking keenly about that..?

As many have pointed out, it does seem like a filler. Not much relationship development.

But there is new plot development. Now there are things to consider like, why is he giving up writing? Will he really do it? Who might convince him to write again? What is the relationship between Serizawa-san & Natsuo-kun? Why is he such a shitty actor?

Why is Hina-chan so happy while talking about Natsuo-kun?
I know, that's easy. She loves him. :') There is still hope for Hina-Natsuo relationship, even after they pulled that sibling crap in the previous chapter.

That Hina-chan smile though. It has been long since we saw that. :')

Jun 1, 1:40 AM
Natsu and Hina should just get married already 😭😭😭😭

Jun 1, 3:24 AM

thetasteless07 said:

It'd be a waste for Natsuo-kun to give up writing at this point. Is it just me, or do you guys also see that Chizura-kun telling something about a "Steady life" and Natsuo-kun thinking keenly about that..?

As many have pointed out, it does seem like a filler. Not much relationship development.

But there is new plot development. Now there are things to consider like, why is he giving up writing? Will he really do it? Who might convince him to write again? What is the relationship between Serizawa-san & Natsuo-kun? Why is he such a shitty actor?

Why is Hina-chan so happy while talking about Natsuo-kun?
I know, that's easy. She loves him. :') There is still hope for Hina-Natsuo relationship, even after they pulled that sibling crap in the previous chapter.

That Hina-chan smile though. It has been long since we saw that. :')

Just my guess, but he probably wants to quit writing because of Serizawa. She's encouraging him to try acting and my guess is that Natsuo's beginning to enjoy it. He's also probably falling in love with Serizawa.

I have a feeling that Hina is going to make her move but get rejected, and the manga will end with Natsuo and Serizawa together. Rui will get with chef-kun and I wish Hina the best of luck with the rest of her life.

Jun 1, 8:11 PM
I think it'd be interesting if he quit writing. At least for now. I guess Sasuga Kei is trying to develop that acting thing just to show that, in the end, being a novelist is the only suitable dream for Natsuo.

Jun 2, 8:28 AM
Serizawa is so adorable in this chapter, I hope for a big arc about her. Speaking about quitting writing, I’m sure natsuo is just lacking motivation, so either Hina or Serisawa is going to help him understand that he can’t live without writing

Jun 3, 5:52 PM
Rytakahashi09 said:
That Hina smile tho. It's been a while since i saw her smiling like that.

Indeed, I feel that smile can motivate some writing.
Team Hina!!!

Jun 4, 9:59 PM

I already lost my interest reading this since Natsuo broke up with Rui. I'm still reading this incase if there's still hope. Well this chapter was kinda a filler. Nothing much happened. Sad to think that he's going to quit writing. I hope he gets inspiration to write again

Jun 5, 8:11 PM
I like Hina willing to watch over his writing so that if wants to come back to it he can

Jun 6, 3:49 AM

ok like the story is going all over the place...what is even happening now

Preview MangaManga Store