Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
May 31, 2019 7:30 AM

Jan 2019
Chart said:
Weebover9000 said:

Anyone with common sense wouldn't let something as superficial as a mal score bother them, as Ive said to someone previously, why the hell does snk being in the top 10 of a site that doesnt actually matter to the anime community mean so much to you?

Because I care about anime, obviously you do to if you're on this site. Its an insult to other anime that deserve that spot.

Pfff xD so 2 mediocre anime on the top 2 not an insult... But if a legendary one took that place then it is... Ok ... :'D
Merciful lies or painful truth?
May 31, 2019 9:07 AM
Mar 2011
Well, the Armin suicide was just dumb sacrifice to make sacrifice (this is a bad move, i hoped he becomes new scout leader, since everybody capable of are dead) - he already understand colosus consume his muscules to make steam - just make more rounds in attacking him and he will exhaust himself, why burn himself alive? To make more dramma? AFTER WHOLE SCOUT REIGMENT RECRUITS SUICIDE CHARGE U TRYIN TO MAKE MORE DRAMMA? RLY?

And then "deus ex machina" Hange appearance with a spear (she now the leader of all what left from scouts, lol) to help defeat armored one. I am hate this tank-dude for immortality (and hope he is died now for sure), but why so "magical saviour"? What next? Father of Eren will come back from the dead and resucrect all who were killed with jeany in magick lamp he hides in basement?

this season is still better than previous tho.
May 31, 2019 9:08 AM
May 2019
phoenixdevice said:
Well, the Armin suicide was just dumb sacrifice to make sacrifice (this is a bad move, i hoped he becomes new scout leader, since everybody capable of are dead) - he already understand colosus consume his muscules to make steam - just make more rounds in attacking him and he will exhaust himself, why burn himself alive? To make more dramma? AFTER WHOLE SCOUT REIGMENT RECRUITS SUICIDE CHARGE U TRYIN TO MAKE MORE DRAMMA? RLY?

And then "deus ex machina" Hange appearance with a spear (she now the leader of all what left from scouts, lol) to help defeat armored one. I am hate this tank-dude for immortality (and hope he is died now for sure), but why so "magical saviour"? What next? Father of Eren will come back from the dead and resucrect all who were killed with jeany in magick lamp he hides in basement?

You know one of the tags for this anime is Drama, right?
Weebover9000May 31, 2019 9:14 AM
May 31, 2019 9:12 AM
Mar 2011
Weebover9000 said:

I know, but i rooted for a blondy, and he died in such a stupid way my ass burns like hes
May 31, 2019 9:14 AM
May 2019
phoenixdevice said:
Weebover9000 said:

I know, but i rooted for a blondy, and he died in such a stupid way my ass burns like hes

I mean levi still has the titan serum he mentioned while ripping the beast titan a new one and he could use it on either erwin or armin depending on what goes down
May 31, 2019 9:20 AM
Mar 2011
[quote=Weebover9000 message=57721628
I mean levi still has the titan serum he mentioned while ripping the beast titan a new one and he could use it on either erwin or armin depending on what goes down[/quote]

But the serum must be used on someone alive. You cant resurect someone from dead with it. And Armin now is a well done steak, so he is gone forever. I think he uses titanizing serum on Mikasa, since they are cornered with Titans and she is the one who are most capable for combat. And also it can make more dramma when she loses controll and joins the titans.
May 31, 2019 9:24 AM
May 2019
@phoenixdevice

I still have to disagree with you about armins sacrifice being pointless, it was meant to show how much hes grown as a person, being scared shitless inside yet still be willing to do something so brave for his friends and humanity.
May 31, 2019 12:49 PM
Nov 2017
phoenixdevice said:

I think if they tried to trick Bertolt in to expelling steam too many times he would notice, and just would not fall for it. Bertolt is pretty intelligent after all.
Plus take notice of the distance Bert is from the wall - they don't have the time left to slowly wear him out, they've got that one chance and Armin made the decision to sacrifice himself in order to make sure it succeeds.
Besides, with the Armoured Titan reappearing they don't have the people to carry out a battle of attrition (which is the original plan).
I'll admit tho, Hange showing up is pretty convenient (though not impossible). It's just a plot device to drive home the exhilarating fight, as well as letting the viewers know she's still alive.
May 31, 2019 2:11 PM
Mar 2011
Weebover9000 said:
armins sacrifice being pointless

It was not completely pointless, they subjugated Colosus Titan after all, plan was a success. But i insist Armins suicide was stupidity which can be avoided. If they want to kill him - let him die like others - in battle with a titans (or from broken neck from failing from the wall because of gear malfunction, or from food poisoning whatever). Just not from "they grilled me on a rope because i wanted to be grilled on a rope". He has means to escape, but dont use it. This looks so lame since a countless others cant avoid their deaths and die not because they want, but because they should (like onehanded leader).

Lucette_C said:

I think if they tried to trick Bertolt in to expelling steam too many times he would notice, and just would not fall for it. Bertolt is pretty intelligent after all.
Plus take notice of the distance Bert is from the wall - they don't have the time left to slowly wear him out, they've got that one chance and Armin made the decision to sacrifice himself in order to make sure it succeeds.

If he stops vape - they cut him from the titan, just like Jaeger did in the end, that is the reason he steams, and thats why he cant stop to do it while they are close. And about the wall - if he reach it, what happens? He cant throw burning buildings and fight Armin and Eren in same time. He is not as good as a fighter for it. He cant even snatch Jaeger without Braun's help. His most dangerous ability is a simple transformation to titan, and he already used it (and he cant just "get back and transform again", so except size he is not dangerous - if eren is not in titan he cant even grub him and throw to his monkey lord).
May 31, 2019 2:44 PM
Nov 2017
phoenixdevice said:
Weebover9000 said:
armins sacrifice being pointless

It was not completely pointless, they subjugated Colosus Titan after all, plan was a success. But i insist Armins suicide was stupidity which can be avoided. If they want to kill him - let him die like others - in battle with a titans (or from broken neck from failing from the wall because of gear malfunction, or from food poisoning whatever). Just not from "they grilled me on a rope because i wanted to be grilled on a rope". He has means to escape, but dont use it. This looks so lame since a countless others cant avoid their deaths and die not because they want, but because they should (like onehanded leader).

Lucette_C said:

If he stops vape - they cut him from the titan, just like Jaeger did in the end, that is the reason he steams, and thats why he cant stop to do it while they are close. And about the wall - if he reach it, what happens? He cant throw burning buildings and fight Armin and Eren in same time. He is not as good as a fighter for it. He cant even snatch Jaeger without Braun's help. His most dangerous ability is a simple transformation to titan, and he already used it (and he cant just "get back and transform again", so except size he is not dangerous - if eren is not in titan he cant even grub him and throw to his monkey lord).
being near the colossal it self is dangerous, a 60m Titan would have the body temperature of 602 degrees, so getting caught in steam could give second to third degree burns potentially. So I wouldn't call him not dangerous, he's a walking furnace. And as we know he can render 3D gear useless with the steam, so you can't attack him whilst the armored Titan is around because you could get blown away and crushed by Reiner. There for they have to deal with Reiner first, which only leaves a few people to deal with Bertolt no matter how you organise it.
And we've seen from season 2 he can expel heat for quite a long time, so it'd be unrealistic to try wear him down using only the people they've got.
As for the wall, although I'm not sure, but I think colossal will be able to damage it in other ways than throwing buildings alone, such as kicking the already damaged parts. There's no way they can make sure that Bertolt doesn't find an opportunity to throw some debris to the other side - Zeke is throwing rocks atm so all the soldiers and horses are by the walls, and having Bertolt right next to it could potentially wipe out the majority. That was probably their plan.
Lucette_CMay 31, 2019 2:47 PM
May 31, 2019 3:27 PM
Sep 2018
Wow, that's actually pretty impressive
May 31, 2019 7:31 PM
Dec 2018
MAN WHAT AN EPISODE!!, I think japan is ready for another nuclear, get it?!
#kyoanistrong
May 31, 2019 8:05 PM
Jul 2018
Lol. I would had been impressive if it had over 100k votes while still maintaining a score of 9,9/10 like Ozymandias of Breaking Bad. If it was the case It would indeed be the highest rated tv episode of imdb.
May 31, 2019 8:09 PM

Oct 2013
Grimzey said:
Lol. I would had been impressive if it had over 100k votes while still maintaining a score of 9,9/10 like Ozymandias of Breaking Bad. If it was the case It would indeed be the highest rated tv episode of imdb.

Its getting there.
Jun 2, 2019 10:16 AM

Sep 2014
I think we did it weebs. 15k votes and still on top. For anime on a western site thats quite impressive if you ask me. Even the number 2 spot only has 120k, but thats Game of Thrones.

I see this as an absolute win. Have to read the other comments now.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 2, 2019 10:36 AM
Jul 2018
i wonder how is the battle of spam accounts going for this too. amongst the aot retarded fanboys, the aot haters and the anime haters. seems like the peak of autism gathered in one place, might even eclipse mal
Jun 2, 2019 10:56 AM

Oct 2013
The absolute state of fanboyism.
Jun 2, 2019 7:44 PM

May 2015
dc22 said:

The absolute state of butthurt.

Jun 3, 2019 11:19 AM
Oct 2012
I don't take away the episode's merits but did you bother checking any other season episode rated by IMDB?
Pratically every single one of them is above 9,4, even filler trash like the one where Hannes remembers the past, totally undermines Hero's rating.
IMDB means jackshit.
Jun 3, 2019 9:41 PM

Oct 2013
Its back at 10/10, those 1/10 votes doesn't seem to be working. lol
Jun 3, 2019 10:31 PM

Aug 2015
Ahmad_o said:
Nobody cares :| it'll drop down with time anyway.
Well , You could say it dropped from 10 to 9.9 and now it increased to reach 10 :)
Jun 3, 2019 11:43 PM

Jan 2013
Takuto_Shindou said:
I don't take away the episode's merits but did you bother checking any other season episode rated by IMDB?
Pratically every single one of them is above 9,4, even filler trash like the one where Hannes remembers the past, totally undermines Hero's rating.
IMDB means jackshit.

That's always the case when anyone can make an account and rate the thing. Just like MAL, the scores are a joke.
Jun 4, 2019 10:16 AM
Jun 2015
Revoltage1022 said:
Ahmad_o said:
Well , You could say it dropped from 10 to 9.9 and now it increased to reach 10 :)
Revoltage1022 said:
Ahmad_o said:
Man that's insane. A perfect ass 10. God not even Breaking Bad could hit that. And here I thought it would go to the long night. Welp.... that didnt even get an 8 lol
Jun 4, 2019 10:39 AM

Jul 2015
Ultimately it will be the tv rating in Japan which will really factor and from what i heard SNK Season 3 part 2 is constantly holding the position NO.1.

Jun 4, 2019 10:45 AM

Oct 2013
Vivekananda said:
Ultimately it will be the tv rating in Japan which will really factor and from what i heard SNK Season 3 part 2 is constantly holding the position NO.1.

Can you link me the source?
Jun 4, 2019 11:12 AM

Jul 2015
keragamming said:
Vivekananda said:

Can you link me the source?

This was regarding Episode 1

https://mobile.twitter.com/OrganicDinosaur/status/1122599589679439872

After that i had seen some reddit post about Japanese TV rating,SNK was constantly topped the ranking.

Jun 4, 2019 11:14 AM

Jan 2015
CondemneDio said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

IT. WAS. A. JOKE. Calm the fuck down.

You shouldn't joke about things like that, because someone might take it seriously.

thats their own problem
Jun 4, 2019 11:16 AM

Oct 2018
dc22 said:
The absolute state of butthurt 2.
Jun 4, 2019 3:13 PM

Apr 2019
hahaha i love how my statement went from "purposeful haters deserving a punch" to "lets decapitate random people in the comment section"
i have no idea how u escalated that so hard but its kind of amusing to read

@Vazka @keragamming @CondemneDio @Lucette_C @TsukuyomiREKT

first off @Vazka you said "*30+ people deserve to be punched hard because they dont like a chinese cartoon"
thats not what i said, they deserve it because they purposefully hate on it, we are in season 3 part 2, someone who rates it 1 has not watched the show.
people who don't like it will rate somewhere between 3-5, now that doesn't go everyone but the probability is high, if someone doesnt like it i couldn't care less, i do not have the slightest issue with that, people have different taste but this is another story and has nothing to do with this.

that said i was not joking at all
i do believe those people would deserve a punch
but i also believe people should obey the law over that
you guys gotta calm your titties, its a comment on the internet in a forum for an episode of an anime, not an Appeal to the Masses to find these people and bring Justice upon them lmao.
Sit down in your chair and sip on some Milk, it was just a Comment to express dissatisfaction about purposeful hatefulness.
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 5, 2019 1:35 AM

Apr 2019
@haunted you are absolutely right but i'm a moron who's drawn to the negative xD
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 6, 2019 5:24 AM

Sep 2014
well RIP. Chernobyl takes the spotlight.
Jun 6, 2019 9:00 AM

Nov 2018

This is what the ratings for Ep.5 looks like, kinda like whenever an anime breaks into top 10 on MAL and people vote 1/10 to keep it down
_cjessop19_Jun 6, 2019 9:06 AM

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Jun 6, 2019 9:06 AM

Oct 2018
_cjessop18_ said:

This is what the ratings for Ep.5 looks like, kinda like when an anime breaks into top 10 on MAL and people vote 1/10 to keep it down

It doesn't matter, since it's IMDB
Even if it had 50k 1/10 votes,the score would still remain 9.9
IMDB's algorithm knows if the votes are just hate ones

Those haters are just stupid enough, and they don't know it, even thought it's clearly mentioned on their page
Jun 6, 2019 9:11 AM

Nov 2018
-Aincrad- said:
_cjessop18_ said:

This is what the ratings for Ep.5 looks like, kinda like when an anime breaks into top 10 on MAL and people vote 1/10 to keep it down

Those haters are just stupid enough, and they don't know it, even thought it's clearly mentioned on their page

At least an anime is being recognized to have one of the best episodes in television history, it's a shame to see people care more about a show's positioning compared to others rather than giving it a chance.
_cjessop19_Jun 6, 2019 9:15 AM

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Jun 6, 2019 7:07 PM
Jan 2009
-Aincrad- said:
_cjessop18_ said:

Voting a 10 is frankly just as retarded as voting a 1. There's no difference, both are absurd.
Jun 6, 2019 7:44 PM

Apr 2019
@Wedgez No i disagree, the Episode was clearly fantastic objectively spoken, voting fantastic material a 10 is nowhere near as absurd as voting it a 1.

I'll also bet my Ass and 50 Potatoes that most of those 1's are people who haven't even seen the Episode. This Statement is supported by the fact that previous Episodes don't even have 10 votes for the 1 Score.
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 7, 2019 12:09 AM
Oct 2018
Nim0174 said:
@Wedgez No i disagree, the Episode was clearly fantastic objectively spoken, voting fantastic material a 10 is nowhere near as absurd as voting it a 1.

I'll also bet my Ass and 50 Potatoes that most of those 1's are people who haven't even seen the Episode. This Statement is supported by the fact that previous Episodes don't even have 10 votes for the 1 Score.

Yep. Some dumb assholes who probably haven't even watched attack on titan and blindly hate on anime as a whole.
Jun 7, 2019 4:16 AM

Oct 2013
TsukuyomiREKT said:

-Aincrad- said:

Talk about delusional.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zn0_Ik0GDc
Jun 7, 2019 4:58 AM

May 2015
dc22 said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

-Aincrad- said:

Talk about delusional.

You watch ThatAnimeSnob and WE'RE the delusional ones? Lol, ok bud.

Jun 7, 2019 7:22 AM

Oct 2013
TsukuyomiREKT said:
dc22 said:

Talk about delusional.

Yeah the only channel that calls out how bad the majority of popular shows actually are. Stay in your bubble.
Jun 7, 2019 9:30 AM

Dec 2015
dc22 said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Yeah the only channel that calls out how bad the majority of popular shows actually are. Stay in your bubble.

Mindless hating popular things just for the sake of being popular fits a lot more on a definition of a bubble
Jun 7, 2019 10:23 AM

Oct 2015
dc22 said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Ohhh friend... i didnt expect this from you.
>"How bad popular shows ACTUALLY are"
That's called a bias. You think that is the right opinion, when in fact it's just your opinion - which may be legitimate - but still just an opinion.
NostalgikJun 7, 2019 10:27 AM
Jun 7, 2019 1:44 PM

Apr 2019
wow it went back to 10?
unexpected
amazing :D
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 7, 2019 2:06 PM

Oct 2013
Comander-07 said:

And............. It's back at number 1 spot!
Jun 7, 2019 2:35 PM

Sep 2014
keragamming said:
Comander-07 said:

And............. It's back at number 1 spot!
Fight my soldiers!

Lets keep it at the top!

Seriously did not expect a comeback
Jun 7, 2019 5:19 PM
Nov 2017
dc22 said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

-Aincrad- said:

Talk about delusional.

Let me dismantle the arguments here for you.
For starters, this guy's main argument is 'AoT has lots of plot armor even though the fandom hails it to have no plot armor'. This is completely untrue, because the majority do not hail it to have no plot armor. For exp, Reiner being commonly known as 'plot armor Titan'.
Secondly, plot armor does not make a show bad. If characters were randomly killed off before they achieve their purpose, that would be bad writing. Certain characters need to stay alive to push the storyline forward and serve certain goals. So they will stay alive until that purpose is fulfilled. If you think that's such a terrible thing... Well what are you doing here? Drop the show completely because it isn't for you.
Lastly, AoT is tagged as 'drama', so some scenes are there to create drama and be entertaining. While remaining in the realm of the reasonable.
And so, the main argument in this video just doesn't hold up.

I'd like to point out that this guy also held many misinformed, biased views about AoT, such as in his comments: 'Titans are nerfed' 'Mikasa has no emotions' 'Eren is a one dimensional character' 'AoT fails to explain how they got in to that state of conflict'. Overall it's just fueled by misconception and bias.

I understand having different opinions, but when you make a video with so many unfair and wrong ideas... It only goes to show how these arguments stem from ignorance and hatred.
Jun 8, 2019 1:55 AM
Mar 2018
Lucette_C said:
dc22 said:

Talk about delusional.

For starters, this guy's main argument is 'AoT has lots of plot armor even though the fandom hails it to have no plot armor'. This is completely untrue, because the majority do not hail it to have no plot armor. For exp, Reiner being commonly known as 'plot armor Titan'.
Secondly, plot armor does not make a show bad. If characters were randomly killed off before they achieve their purpose, that would be bad writing. Certain characters need to stay alive to push the storyline forward and serve certain goals. So they will stay alive until that purpose is fulfilled. If you think that's such a terrible thing... Well what are you doing here? Drop the show completely because it isn't for you.
Lastly, AoT is tagged as 'drama', so some scenes are there to create drama and be entertaining. While remaining in the realm of the reasonable.

I'd like to point out that this guy also held many misinformed, biased views about AoT, such as in his comments: 'Titans are nerfed' 'Mikasa has no emotions' 'Eren is a one dimensional character' 'AoT fails to explain how they got in to that state of conflict'. Overall it's just fueled by misconception and bias.

I understand having different opinions, but when you make a video with so many unfair and wrong ideas... It only goes to show how these arguments stem from ignorance and hatred.

Thatanimesnob, like some people i know, cough-idealsolution-cough, has made up his mind about aot
Jun 8, 2019 5:17 AM

Oct 2013
thiago52192 said:
dc22 said:

Mindless hating popular things just for the sake of being popular fits a lot more on a definition of a bubble

They're not bad because they're popular, but they are certainly overrated because of it. Deflecting criticism with ad populum is a falacy.

Nostalgik said:
dc22 said:

That's called a bias. You think that is the right opinion, when in fact it's just your opinion - which may be legitimate - but still just an opinion.

Yeah it's an opinion that I'm expressing on a open speech forum, mostly to counter the circlejerk. What's the problem here?

Lucette_C said:
dc22 said:

Talk about delusional.

Sure some of these things might be borderline bashing, but I think Mikasa and Eren are fairly one note characters typical of shounen. As is most of the AoT cast. Why is one of the reasons why this show never ressonated with me on more than a superficial level.
Jun 8, 2019 6:57 AM

May 2015
dc22 said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Stay a butthurt hipster who's only criticism is a buzzword.

Jun 8, 2019 7:46 AM
Mar 2018
dc22 said:
thiago52192 said:

They're not bad because they're popular, but they are certainly overrated because of it. Deflecting criticism with ad populum is a falacy.

Nostalgik said:

Yeah it's an opinion that I'm expressing on a open speech forum, mostly to counter the circlejerk. What's the problem here?

Lucette_C said:

Sure some of these things might be borderline bashing, but I think Mikasa and Eren are fairly one note characters typical of shounen. As is most of the AoT cast. Why is one of the reasons why this show never ressonated with me on more than a superficial level.

Eren has shown plenty of development as a character though.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

801 by mapachefffff »»
Apr 4, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.