Forum Settings
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2019 4:06 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Finally a full past is upon us. I hope a lot is answered and we really see how the quints started to become individuals. :)

Penultimate arc, anyone?
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 27, 2019 4:40 AM
Jul 2018
It's interesting to see how little Fuutarou viewed his first meeting with Yotsuba through rose colored glasses and even saw a "holy" light shining on her while in this chapter she actually seemed to be nervous. I'm happy to see Negi didn't forget to include the fact Itsuki clinged the most to her mom because that's a good build-up for her upcoming chapters when the mom dies unfortunately.
May 28, 2019 7:06 AM
Nov 2017
OMG Diego Maradona appeared in the manga! I'm literally out of breath-
May 28, 2019 7:11 AM
Apr 2014
Oh shit, flashback arc featuring their mother and how young Yotsuba met Fuu.

May 28, 2019 1:30 PM
Jul 2018
A fan? What does she mean by a fan??
May 28, 2019 1:49 PM
Dec 2016
Maradona ? or am i dumb?
May 28, 2019 2:14 PM
May 2017
I'm not really a fan of flashback chapters, but i guess it's inevitable at this point.
May 28, 2019 2:38 PM
Mar 2015
Glad to see Mom and Quints together
May 28, 2019 3:52 PM

Nov 2010
Oh, so it’s not their biological father. No wonder he seems so indifferent towards the girls
May 28, 2019 6:44 PM

Nov 2007
Rinji- said:
Oh, so it’s not their biological father. No wonder he seems so indifferent towards the girls

It was revealed a long time ago that he is not their biological father.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 28, 2019 6:48 PM

Jan 2018
*you feel the tense rising of team yotsuba, team miku has fallen due to failed confession. team nino is still at unknown grounds. team yotsuba is starting to diverge into a bigger group*
May 28, 2019 7:03 PM

Jan 2018
So, finally the start of Yotsuba arc with this flashback huh. Also, I've said this before and m going to say it again that their mom is perfect MILF material.

Also, I think that im going to fall in love with Shoutarou seeing how fucking cool he is.
May 28, 2019 9:52 PM

Dec 2014
ok wow finally the past story...... so yotsuba was the one.... really makes sense in a way....
May 29, 2019 12:18 AM

Mar 2015
flashback arc after soo long. also black haired fuutarou childhood friends again. i wonder if she will play big role?

also for people who said this close to end, fuck lol. no way. we just get very few glimse about quintuplets parents story (which play huge deal to this day). also there is no sign yet of fuutarou mother either. and still at least 2 of them still not accepting to fall in love with fuutarou (yotsuba alwyas hinted that she love fuutarou, but she keep backdown for the rest, and itsuki being itsuki).
KumaMay 29, 2019 12:22 AM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 29, 2019 1:11 AM
Mar 2019
Oh my Itsuki 😭😭
May 29, 2019 4:06 AM
Mar 2014
Ever since I read this manga a week feels like a month to me
May 29, 2019 4:07 AM
Jan 2009
Its first time, when we can see Quintuplets mom, but the best is Diego Maradona haha, Negi is fan of him🤔. It would be long few week to wait and wait for new chapters.
PS. Yotsuba is bride come on💪
May 29, 2019 4:31 AM
Dec 2017
thank Gourdness a Yotsuba arc
we gonna be stones until stone ocean
May 29, 2019 6:41 AM
Sep 2008
Oh, man, feels good. Since the beggining Yotsuba was my favorite, I am so fucking happy that she is the one who first met Fuutarou. She is the one. Negi, for christ, do not screw it up.
May 29, 2019 7:58 AM
Jul 2017
Looks like Negi is gonna defy the Murphy's law of harems!
"You are the result of 4 billion years of evolution. Act like it."
"Why don't you eat make up? Then you can be beautiful on the inside too."
"'Sick'? Call me 'twisted'. 'Sick' makes it sound like there's a cure."
"What's messed up isn't my thinking, what's messed up is this god damn world."
"The world isn't perfect, but its out there doing the best it can for us. That's what makes it so damn beautiful."
May 29, 2019 7:59 AM
Jul 2017
Looks like Negi is gonna defy the Murphy's law of harems!
"You are the result of 4 billion years of evolution. Act like it."
"Why don't you eat make up? Then you can be beautiful on the inside too."
"'Sick'? Call me 'twisted'. 'Sick' makes it sound like there's a cure."
"What's messed up isn't my thinking, what's messed up is this god damn world."
"The world isn't perfect, but its out there doing the best it can for us. That's what makes it so damn beautiful."
May 29, 2019 10:05 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Diego45 said:
OMG Diego Maradona appeared in the manga! I'm literally out of breath-

That was so incredibly random, LOL. Couldn't help laughing out loud.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 29, 2019 10:39 AM
Jan 2019
Keeping the shipping wars aside, let us all take a moment to appreciate how cute the quintuplets were in this chapter. :')

No real progress on the relationships front in this chapter.
May 29, 2019 2:32 PM

Apr 2018
Makes sense. Yotsuba has been all conflicted and wishy-washy the whole time. She is a very beautiful character. I read in a comment thread somewhere that Diego Maradona is some marketing plug, that the quintuplets are going to be in some football videogame.

"In front of such a happy Mother ... I could say nothing" -
"In the end, would I be able to smile?" - Setsumi, from Narcissu Side 2nd
May 29, 2019 5:49 PM

May 2016
Soooo, was Doc treating the quint's mom? I'm going to assume they will flesh this out in the coming chapters.

Yotsuba's character started coming out by this time, since she was an airhead(lost the wallet, and separated from the others), athletic(scored the goal), and caring(intervened on Fuu's behalf).
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
May 29, 2019 8:28 PM
Apr 2019
Some things never change. Miku burning people since young and Yotsuba being a kind soul
May 29, 2019 8:49 PM

Jan 2011
Finally it's Yotsuba's time.
May 30, 2019 1:44 AM
Sep 2015
It looks like Futarou may not be the only one that changed 5 years ago but the sisters also starting from Yotsuba. Prior to meeting him they seem to be not fond of individuality as shown how Yotsuba looked concerned on being “different or standing out” making her feel lonely.

The black haired girl (Takebayashi) may have a prominent appearance after this flashback. She was actually Futarou’s first “crush”and the indirect cause why Futarou ended up in circumstance that led to meeting young Nakano. She will likely pop out in future chapters to shed light on Futarou’s transformation and probably cause jealousy to the quintuplets.

I may turn out that Futarou may have met ALL of the quintuplets in separate circumstances throughout the school trip. We all know he met Yotsuba first and then Ichika. So it is possible that he met others along the way and this collection of different experiences over the “same girl” is what truly changed Futarou for the better. This theory might tie in over the idea that the quintuplets also changed into embracing their own uniqueness after meeting Futarou.
May 30, 2019 7:17 AM

Sep 2014
Backstory time! About time if I say so myself lol. This is where it all unraveled for them. Would be a pleasure to see ~
May 30, 2019 7:58 AM
Dec 2018
Kuma said:
flashback arc after soo long. also black haired fuutarou childhood friends again. i wonder if she will play big role?

also for people who said this close to end, fuck lol. no way. we just get very few glimse about quintuplets parents story (which play huge deal to this day). also there is no sign yet of fuutarou mother either. and still at least 2 of them still not accepting to fall in love with fuutarou (yotsuba alwyas hinted that she love fuutarou, but she keep backdown for the rest, and itsuki being itsuki).
Kid_Dynamo said:
It looks like Futarou may not be the only one that changed 5 years ago but the sisters also starting from Yotsuba. Prior to meeting him they seem to be not fond of individuality as shown how Yotsuba looked concerned on being “different or standing out” making her feel lonely.

The black haired girl (Takebayashi) may have a prominent appearance after this flashback. She was actually Futarou’s first “crush”and the indirect cause why Futarou ended up in circumstance that led to meeting young Nakano. She will likely pop out in future chapters to shed light on Futarou’s transformation and probably cause jealousy to the quintuplets.

I may turn out that Futarou may have met ALL of the quintuplets in separate circumstances throughout the school trip. We all know he met Yotsuba first and then Ichika. So it is possible that he met others along the way and this collection of different experiences over the “same girl” is what truly changed Futarou for the better. This theory might tie in over the idea that the quintuplets also changed into embracing their own uniqueness after meeting Futarou.
wait what chapter this childhood friend appears and have direct contact with fuutarou ? Well then that was possible way to doo to make interesting story. quintuplets will assemble to take back futarou heart
It will interesting
May 31, 2019 1:30 AM
Apr 2019
here we go again with flashback Arc
Jun 3, 2019 5:28 AM

Mar 2017
Wow. We are getting a detailed story of the past. So this is how Yotsuba and Fuutarou met.
"My sisters and I" arc, this "I" is referring to Yotsuba I guess. So this arc might focus on Yotsuba.
Jun 4, 2019 12:17 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Minar-kyun said:
Wow. We are getting a detailed story of the past. So this is how Yotsuba and Fuutarou met.
"My sisters and I" arc, this "I" is referring to Yotsuba I guess. So this arc might focus on Yotsuba.

Here’s solid proof that it is her arc, after all. Besides, the last Chapter hinted as such very clearly too.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 4, 2019 12:22 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Solid Chapter, really curious to know what happens next!

So we’re finally getting a detailed look at the past events and it’s amazing to see how their sisterly love was so much more beautiful in essence just like Maradona(lol) described. We got to see a bit more of their mother’s motherly side too, xD @ Nino’s ‘our stone-faced mother’ but that hug was really touching! We nearly saw a bit of Nakano-san too but well maybe later. Poor Maradona though, lol. Yotsuba is an angel from young too just as you’d expect but her shaky self-worth is definitely prone to causing problems just like her getting lost like that. But I suppose whatever happens, it happens for the best. Yotsuba saved Fuutarou and thus begins our story, I suppose.

Looking forward to whatever the author has in store for us next!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 4, 2019 12:55 AM

Mar 2017
_MushiRock11_ said:
Minar-kyun said:

Here’s solid proof that it is her arc, after all. Besides, the last Chapter hinted as such very clearly too.
Nice. It's going to be a good arc then.
Jun 4, 2019 9:08 AM

Apr 2018
YOTSUBA FANS ARE SHAKING RIGHT NOW
shimraiJun 4, 2019 9:12 AM
Jun 8, 2019 10:49 PM

Jul 2017
HOLY SHIT. YOTSUBA. GOURDNESS GRACIOUS.

Once we realize it, everything will fall into place
Our hearts calling to the future with all their might
We'll move forward, holding each other's shaking hands
Apr 18, 2020 5:51 AM

Feb 2018
Whats wrong with pumpkin lol.
Jun 5, 2020 1:27 AM
Apr 2016
EVERYONE Look at The Cover, Yotsuba is really BADASS with that Sarutobi Asuma's Kunai!!!
Mar 30, 2021 8:02 AM

Jul 2020
FUA EL DIEGO.

OLEEEE OLEEE OLE OLEEEEEE DIEGOOOOO DIEGOOOO
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Check my latest web novel on Our Greatest Comeback🦊⛩️ and please drop a like or comment if you liked it!
Jan 16, 2023 6:51 AM

May 2020
Aug 12, 2023 5:45 PM

Mar 2019
I knew it was her.. what happiness. 💞

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 4 Discussion

ichii_1 - Oct 13, 2017

6 by Matheus050 »»
Nov 24, 2023 7:40 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 60 Discussion

Congintive - Oct 31, 2018

34 by MeCuMint »»
Oct 16, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 47 Discussion

ReaperCreeper - Oct 21, 2018

7 by MeCuMint »»
Oct 1, 2023 7:00 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 44 Discussion

badbass55 - Dec 25, 2018

7 by MeCuMint »»
Sep 30, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 88 Discussion ( 1 2 )

shanimebib - Jun 3, 2019

50 by FreedomCanned »»
Sep 28, 2023 1:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.