Forum Settings
Forums
Jun 2, 9:23 AM

Nobody mentioned Gankutsuou - finished it recently , made me cry like a baby.

Jun 2, 12:24 PM

Not to be that guy but no anime, or any form of media for that matter, has made me cry.

If grave of the fireflies wont do it, will anything?

Jun 7, 8:45 AM

The anime that made me cry the most (almost every episode) is Natsume Yuujinchou.

Jun 7, 9:00 AM

Grimstar said:

- Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai

OH MY GOD ME TOO

Jun 7, 9:04 AM
Your Name. for a movie
AnoHana for a TV show.

Both of them made me cry more than once...

Jun 7, 2:29 PM
My recommendations are Tsuki ga Kirei, Let Me Eat Your Pancreas (this ain't some cannibal crap), Silent Voice, Your Name, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, theres probably some more I could mention but yeah.

Jun 7, 2:43 PM

Where to start...

Monster
One Piece
Fushigi Yuugi
Steins;Gate
Banana Fish
Grave of Fireflies
Versailles no Bara
Digimon
Sailor Moon
Your Name
Saint Tail
Lovely Complex
Natsume Yuujinchou
Made in Abyss

Jun 8, 1:32 PM
美乃滋

i never cried over an anime
but dororo nearly got me
in episode 6

Jun 8, 8:56 PM
Surprised that NO ONE mentioned Fairy Tail. It's the only anime I've cried to, it has a LOT of emotion, many scenes that will bring you to tears. I reccomend you check it out.

Jun 8, 9:16 PM

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso/Your Lie in April.

Jun 8, 9:17 PM

your name
ano no hana
nagi no asukara
angel beats

Jun 8, 9:37 PM
❀リリ光❀

One which makes me cry every time is anohana, no matter how many times I watch it.

Jun 20, 11:06 AM

Angel Beats
Death Note
that's it.
I really wanted to cry for some anime but I just couldn't.

Jun 20, 1:04 PM
Well, there's all the usual recommendations: Violet Evergarden, Your Lie in April, Grave of the Fireflies, A Silent Voice, etc.

However, if you want to have a cry that isn't necessarily sad, but more nostalgic and heartwarming, watch some sports anime. I just finished Major today and I definitely got teary-eyed on multiple occasions when watching it. I figured I would recommend Major since it's a different kind of show than all of the other stuff being mentioned.

Jun 20, 1:05 PM
feelingofgaze said:
Not to be that guy but no anime, or any form of media for that matter, has made me cry.

If grave of the fireflies wont do it, will anything?

Have you tried Violet Evergarden yet?

Jun 20, 1:07 PM
Msjc said:
Where to start...

Monster
One Piece
Fushigi Yuugi
Steins;Gate
Banana Fish
Grave of Fireflies
Versailles no Bara
Digimon
Sailor Moon
Your Name
Saint Tail
Lovely Complex
Natsume Yuujinchou
Made in Abyss

I've definitely cried to a few of these. Made in Abyss, Grave of the Fireflies, and Monster are all definitely hard mode for a try not to cry challenge.

Jun 20, 1:09 PM
Every anime that only has one season

Jun 20, 1:14 PM
Speeny said:
I've never teared up over an Anime. I came close to it in Clannad/Afterstory though.

I thought that i'm the only one who didn't cry to sad animes
guess that's not the case

Jun 20, 2:22 PM

YIKES lol
anohana
clannad and clannad AS
k-on!! and k-on! movie
naruto shippuden
your name
your lie in april
sora yori mo tooi basho
tsuki ga kirei
violet evergarden

Jun 20, 2:30 PM

Clannad
Air
Plastic Memories
Kanon
Koe no katachi
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms
Kimi no na wa
The sisters arc of toaru kagaku no railgun s
anohana
Violet evergarden
SAO
Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199
Orange
Relife the last episode killed me.
Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara

Jun 20, 2:32 PM
Maquia
Sakurasou
Welcome to the NHK
and 5 cm per second

Jun 20, 8:14 PM
swordsmithing said:
I've definitely cried to a few of these. Made in Abyss, Grave of the Fireflies, and Monster are all definitely hard mode for a try not to cry challenge.

Monster got me too! Barefoot Gen was hard to watch.

Jun 20, 8:17 PM
DrJimJangle said:
swordsmithing said:

Monster got me too! Barefoot Gen was hard to watch.

Let me guess... Grimmer?

I've seen Monster 3 times now, and I always find myself teary-eyed at that moment.

Jun 20, 8:23 PM

Devilman crybaby........................

Jun 20, 8:29 PM

The first and only time was because of Komugi and Meruem in (the dubbed version of) HxH - the episode of their last moments alive together, but shh don't tell anyone :D

Jun 20, 8:32 PM
swordsmithing said:
Let me guess... Grimmer?

I've seen Monster 3 times now, and I always find myself teary-eyed at that moment.

Absolutely. Also, the scene with Karl & his mother tears me up inside too...

Jun 20, 8:49 PM
Geshtinanna said:
The first and only time was because of Komugi and Meruem in (the dubbed version of) HxH - the episode of their last moments alive together, but shh don't tell anyone :D

That's such a good pick though. I forgot how upsetting that moment was. The kind of scene that makes no sense outside of context but in context is heartbreaking. Who would have thought that a mutant turtle-man would make me so sad?

Jun 20, 8:52 PM
DrJimJangle said:
swordsmithing said:
Let me guess... Grimmer?

Absolutely. Also, the scene with Karl & his mother tears me up inside too...

True. Pretty much all of Nina's scenes in the final arc are pretty devastating as well.

Jun 20, 9:18 PM

swordsmithing said:
Geshtinanna said:

That's such a good pick though. I forgot how upsetting that moment was. The kind of scene that makes no sense outside of context but in context is heartbreaking. Who would have thought that a mutant turtle-man would make me so sad?

I caught me of my guard when I was eating some basil and mozzarella focaccia-style bread, and I think it upset me so much because in the story (and the dubbed voice acting) it was implied that Komugi had special needs/learning disabilities, as well as being blind.........'Komugi could you.........hold my hand?'

Jun 20, 9:20 PM

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
Seriously.
I have never seen someone talk about this show before but it had me sobbing at the end.
Whether it was predictable or not, the director knew how to make some damn emotional scenes.

Jun 20, 9:25 PM

Banana Fish and Hinamatsuri made me cry recently. I felt heartbroken while I was watching them. After that, I already have moved on.

Also try watching Natsume Yuujinchou and Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, they are also precious ones.
Modified by JerryKen10, Jun 20, 9:29 PM

Jun 20, 9:29 PM
Full Moon wo Sagashite was the first anime that made be bawl my eyes out

https://myanimelist.net/anime/122/Full_Moon_wo_Sagashite?q=Full%20moon%20

Jun 20, 9:47 PM
Geshtinanna said:
I caught me of my guard when I was eating some basil and mozzarella focaccia-style bread, and I think it upset me so much because in the story (and the dubbed voice acting) it was implied that Komugi had special needs/learning disabilities, as well as being blind.........'Komugi could you.........hold my hand?'

Yeah, Komugi had a very tragic life. I honestly didn't remember the learning disability aspect (it's been a while since I watched it), but her past of being rejected and deemed worthless I remember. That was so sad :/

Jun 20, 9:52 PM

swordsmithing said:
Geshtinanna said:

Yeah, Komugi had a very tragic life. I honestly didn't remember the learning disability aspect (it's been a while since I watched it), but her past of being rejected and deemed worthless I remember. That was so sad :/

She was so pure and innocent, the most innocent character from HxH IMO - her only happiness in life were those Gungi games, and Meruem.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]