Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 26, 2019 1:46 PM
Sep 2018
HOLY FUCKING SHIT, LEVI OMFG WTH. WHAT A GOD. RIP ARMIN.I think Erwin will become the Titan or probably that scardy guy.
May 26, 2019 1:50 PM

Dec 2013
jesus christ - what an episode.
RIP Armin, you will be missed - your tactics were pretty neat!

But oh my god - WIT studio + Levi scenes = a work of art. nuff said
May 26, 2019 1:51 PM

Jun 2009
BestBoiEren said:
god i hope that scum reiner and berthold will be fucking executed in a very painful way

Agree. I also hope the same thing will happen to Eren.
May 26, 2019 1:55 PM

Oct 2017
Somebody pls pass Armin that sunscreen

May 26, 2019 1:58 PM

Dec 2014
Holy fuck. Levi vs Beast Titan. I couldn't contain myself. I screamed like a fucking maniac
May 26, 2019 1:59 PM

Feb 2013
The price for this victory was huge.
May 26, 2019 2:01 PM

Dec 2015
I honestly don't know what I should focus on after having finished this episode. Both "halves" were absolutely amazing.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 26, 2019 2:01 PM
Oct 2016
The episode is way to intense. Watching levi slicing beast titan was on other level. Nonetheless 104th buddies also did well dealing with armoured and Colossal titans but all these achievements have cost them alot.
May 26, 2019 2:02 PM
Mar 2016
I was on the verge of crying throughout the whole episode
Jun 2017
levi vs beast titan animation couldn't get better than that,thank you Imai,also eren delivering the killing blow was fantastic with that slow motion.
RIP armin,you are indeed the bravest of the survey corps
May 2016
God. I fucking cried, that was something else. Imai was saving the best for the most pivotal ep, the animation was stunning. Levi vs the Beast Titan was better-animated than anything I could imagine and 2Volt fit the entire scene so well, the scouts vs Reiner had some really slick dynamic action too but good god, the scene of Eren scaling the Colossal and ripping out Bertholdt, all in glorious 2D. That alone makes up for my qualms about the CGI in this season honesty. God I loved this ep to death, honestly the OST I thought was perfectly used this time round, the lack of purely epic tracks with more melancholic, dramatic ones helped keep the ep's tone consistently somber all the way through. Stuff like Zeke's inner-monologues, Marlowe's final moments, and by god every single bit of Armin's performance, from his acceptance of his death to the last seconds of the ep where Eren says he was the bravest of them all.

Best episode in the series, hands down. This show is utterly fantastic.
ModernoirMay 26, 2019 2:17 PM
May 26, 2019 2:04 PM
May 2019
Fucking best episode I've witnessed in a long long time that had me pumped throughout the episode . Got chills when levi scene took place it was like captain America going up against Thanos except if it were levi he would have turned Thanos into kebab xD shit was great 10/10
May 26, 2019 2:05 PM

Sep 2012
This show is so much better when it doesn't attempt at politics or try to develop boring characters like Historia. It took me forever to finish part 1 of this season, and now I can't wait for the next episode!

Great fights with cool animation and nice strategy! Erwin, Armin and Levi were the true beasts.
SetsukoHaraMay 26, 2019 2:09 PM
May 26, 2019 2:09 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well that was probably the best SnK episode in quite some time
May 26, 2019 2:13 PM

Jul 2013
I feel like Levi vs Beast would be more emotionally satisfying if it was in the last episode. My hype died out a bit after a week of waiting. With that said, holy fuck that animation, god mode Levi surely didn't disappoint.

The freaking ED song almost made me cry.
May 26, 2019 2:19 PM
May 2019
Levi gotta make sure zeke isnt able to get himself hard in time
May 26, 2019 2:23 PM

Apr 2009
Holy shit Armin noooo :((( loved him from the very beginning, so sad to watch him die and so painfully at that :( What I would do is fricking use that syringe on Armin in the hope that it still could work on newly-dead bodies (it might not, but has anybody ever tried that??), let him regenerate from the burns, and make him eat one of our traitors, so he could come back to his human form (because as I remember, it's the condition for a titan to be able to do that?). But that doesn't explain why Levi was so mad in that teaser at the end of last season - and I'm guessing that it had to do everything with that syringe, but that guess might be off. Maybe it's gonna be a choice between Erwin and Armin??
Also, Levi is some sort of god of blades, this episode is the final proof of that, and I feel he deserved to get that last Beast kill, and he was denied :( Levi you blood-drenched hero, I salute thee!
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
May 26, 2019 2:26 PM

May 2015
This episode was beautifully done, I liked the music a lot and the overall calm but extremely sad atmosphere in the end.

And with that the shit gets real. I don't think I'm ready for the next episode :(
May 26, 2019 2:27 PM

Jul 2010
Damn, the best 20 minutes of my day.
May 26, 2019 2:27 PM
Apr 2017
Magnificent. This show finally reached the pinnacle I knew it could. If I didn’t ever see the ending of this show I would still be ok knowing this was the last episode I’d see. From the high stakes to the strategic plans, fighting, Ariel maneuvering, camera angles showing off the Titans towering over everything, and the heroic deaths from multiple characters I give this 10/10. The choreography of everything was so beautifully done and exciting that I believe it to be AoT best work. I was adrenaline pumped through Levi’s scene. Which brings me to a few points so I don’t ramble on about how excellent I think this episode was. Lol 1. Can we please make a spin-off with Levi as the MC? 2. I am convinced after watching this that Levi is the strength of this show because he is the most skilled. Eren is the heart of the show because he’s MC and a titan which is what the show is about. And finally Armin is the soul of this show because he represents everyone’s hopes and dreams. Both The other characters and the audience watching. His quote as a kid about not losing because he didn’t run was the ribbon on top. Finally Was does some debris hit them when others don’t? Lmao The rocks the beast giant threw killed everyone but the debris didn’t hurt anyone when Reiner was tearing up houses. Lol Except when Sasha missed her thunder spear and Reiner blew her away with the house. Idk I just need consistency haha Either way best ep of the whole series imo.
May 26, 2019 2:30 PM

Feb 2019
Wow, that episode was something else. The first one to really hit home this season. Not that the earlier episodes were bad by any means but the impact of this one was heavy. Stunning sakuga.
May 26, 2019 2:31 PM
Dec 2016
SetsukoHara said:
This show is so much better when it doesn't attempt at politics or try to develop boring characters like Historia. It took me forever to finish part 1 of this season, and now I can't wait for the next episode!

Great fights with cool animation and nice strategy! Erwin, Armin and Levi were the true beasts.

Oh man you better enjoy these last few episodes because you certainly don't understand what AoT is about
May 26, 2019 2:31 PM

Apr 2008
Great ep. But the Levi fight on Zeke was much better in the manga.
Armin looks very well done there hehe.

May 26, 2019 2:35 PM

Apr 2008
JustMonaka said:
I feel like Levi vs Beast would be more emotionally satisfying if it was in the last episode. My hype died out a bit after a week of waiting. With that said, holy fuck that animation, god mode Levi surely didn't disappoint.

But it couldn't have been in the last ep. Unless I'm forgetting how it goes in the manga, they're following the timeline of the manga just perfectly now.
This was supposed to happen now, then after the next ep I know what's going to happen if they follow the manga completely.
And if they do that stuff after the next ep, you non manga readers will be in for a great treat.

May 26, 2019 2:42 PM

Jun 2014
They took how it was in the manga, and made it a million times better. That was glorious, my only complaint is that I wish it lasted longer. Mikasa fucking up Reiner with that thunder spear was also beautifully animated, what an episode.

Looks like we're finally entering the part of the story that was briefly teased in the ED of the final episode of S3 part 1.....
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 26, 2019 2:45 PM

Jul 2013
FluffyDango said:
JustMonaka said:

But it couldn't have been in the last ep. Unless I'm forgetting how it goes in the manga, they're following the timeline of the manga just perfectly now.
This was supposed to happen now, then after the next ep I know what's going to happen if they follow the manga completely.
And if they do that stuff after the next ep, you non manga readers will be in for a great treat.

I have read the manga. I don't agree that anime should always perfectly follow the source. Manga cliffhanger doesn't necessarily need to be an anime cut off point. The fight could be fit into the last episode if they adjust the pacing/switch things around a bit.
May 26, 2019 2:48 PM

Oct 2018
I'm really curious what will happen next

It seems like the battle is already over
Reiner and Berthold have been defeated, and Beast Titan is seriously injured as well, and basically all of the soldiers are dead

And there are still 5 episodes left

Well, we'll figure it out eventually :D
May 26, 2019 2:56 PM
May 2016
JustMonaka said:
FluffyDango said:

I have read the manga. I don't agree that anime should always perfectly follow the source. Manga cliffhanger doesn't necessarily need to be an anime cut off point. The fight could be fit into the last episode if they adjust the pacing/switch things around a bit.

But that'd make no sense? Levi vs the Beast Titan had to happen at this moment, if you switched it any later it wouldn't make sense at all given the last episode was building up to it. Did you forget Erwin sending himself and all the troops to their deaths was solely to lead Levi to the Beast Titan? They couldn't have done it any later or they'd all get wiped out by rocks.

DrDre20392 said:
Magnificent. This show finally reached the pinnacle I knew it could. If I didn’t ever see the ending of this show I would still be ok knowing this was the last episode I’d see. From the high stakes to the strategic plans, fighting, Ariel maneuvering, camera angles showing off the Titans towering over everything, and the heroic deaths from multiple characters I give this 10/10. The choreography of everything was so beautifully done and exciting that I believe it to be AoT best work. I was adrenaline pumped through Levi’s scene. Which brings me to a few points so I don’t ramble on about how excellent I think this episode was. Lol 1. Can we please make a spin-off with Levi as the MC? 2. I am convinced after watching this that Levi is the strength of this show because he is the most skilled. Eren is the heart of the show because he’s MC and a titan which is what the show is about. And finally Armin is the soul of this show because he represents everyone’s hopes and dreams. Both The other characters and the audience watching. His quote as a kid about not losing because he didn’t run was the ribbon on top. Finally Was does some debris hit them when others don’t? Lmao The rocks the beast giant threw killed everyone but the debris didn’t hurt anyone when Reiner was tearing up houses. Lol Except when Sasha missed her thunder spear and Reiner blew her away with the house. Idk I just need consistency haha Either way best ep of the whole series imo.

Fully agree with your review of the ep. Man it feels so good to see this series reach this point, I knew from the start SnK was going to be something special, it's almost euphoric to see other people start to realize just how good this series actually is from season 2/3 onwards to now
May 26, 2019 2:58 PM

Sep 2012
CoeFuiger said:
SetsukoHara said:

Oh man you better enjoy these last few episodes because you certainly don't understand what AoT is about

Yeah, I don't like so that means I don't understand. LOL
May 26, 2019 3:01 PM
Jul 2018
The tone shifted. The entire atmosphere of the episode was just... Dark.
Feb 2019

Is it just me or Reiner's handsome

Jul 2013
Modernoir said:
JustMonaka said:

But that'd make no sense? Levi vs the Beast Titan had to happen at this moment, if you switched it any later it wouldn't make sense at all given the last episode was building up to it. Did you forget Erwin sending himself and all the troops to their deaths was solely to lead Levi to the Beast Titan? They couldn't have done it any later or they'd all get wiped out by rocks.

I'm saying that they should put Levi vs Beast BEFORE the last episode ended... Basically going straight from Erwin's sacrifice to Levi without ending the episode.
JustMonakaMay 26, 2019 3:05 PM
May 26, 2019 3:04 PM

Apr 2008
-Aincrad- said:
I'm really curious what will happen next

It seems like the battle is already over
Reiner and Berthold have been defeated, and Beast Titan is seriously injured as well, and basically all of the soldiers are dead

And there are still 5 episodes left

Well, we'll figure it out eventually :D

Damn, hadn't noticed that there's only 10 eps this season.
Hmm, then the last 4 will hopefully be of the arc I'm hoping for. Seeing as what they showed in the preview for this part, then I'm guessing they'll do the arc I want to see for the last 4 eps.
It'll be some great 4 last eps then.

May 26, 2019 3:05 PM
May 2016
JustMonaka said:
Modernoir said:

I'm saying that they should put Levi vs Beast BEFORE the last episode ended...

I mean, they could've? I don't see why they should've though. This episode was perfect because of how it was paced, we got to see the payoffs of everyone's noble sacrifices all at once, the tonal shift for this episode was absolutely spot-on. I wouldn't have it any other way, especially since it's how the author intended it.
May 26, 2019 3:14 PM

Jul 2013
Modernoir said:
JustMonaka said:

I'm saying that they should put Levi vs Beast BEFORE the last episode ended...

I mean, they could've? I don't see why they should've though. This episode was perfect because of how it was paced, we got to see the payoffs of everyone's noble sacrifices all at once, the tonal shift for this episode was absolutely spot-on. I wouldn't have it any other way, especially since it's how the author intended it.

The fight was like 3-4 minutes long. They could've just skipped the OP/ED, or cut everything about the 104th corps after Eren got kicked up the wall and put it in this episode instead. The pacing wouldn't even change that much. I'm just not into how there's a week break between the build up and the pay off.
May 26, 2019 3:17 PM
May 2016
JustMonaka said:
Modernoir said:

The fight was like 3-4 minutes long. They could've just skipped the OP/ED, or cut everything about the 104th corps after Eren got kicked up the wall and put it in this episode instead. The pacing wouldn't even change that much. I'm just not into how there's a week break between the build up and the pay off.

I mean, that's a problem that could just be nullified by watching the season after it's all aired? There's nothing that can be done to avoid anime episodes airing 1 week after the other, it's just something that comes with the medium of TV anime. I'm sure watching the eps back to back gets rid of this issue quite easily. I don't think the OP/ED should be skipped at all since they add a lot to making the episodes enjoyable imo, plus it would've been crammed to hell and back, ending last week's episode on Erwin making his elder god-tier final speech before biting the bullet was the perfect way to end the episode with maximum effect for his sacrifice.
May 26, 2019 3:21 PM

Dec 2016
Legendary Episode! Legendary Fights!
What can we also ask for?
I think the scene where Levi, Mikasa, and Eren talk to each other on some roof will appear in next episode (this scene has appeared in the last minutes of last episode of the first part).
May 26, 2019 3:25 PM

Aug 2013
Holy Fucking fucking fuck what the fuck was that, i'm so fucking high right now FUCK
May 26, 2019 3:26 PM

Jul 2013
Modernoir said:
JustMonaka said:

I mean, that's a problem that could just be nullified by watching the season after it's all aired? There's nothing that can be done to avoid anime episodes airing 1 week after the other, it's just something that comes with the medium of TV anime. I'm sure watching the eps back to back gets rid of this issue quite easily. I don't think the OP/ED should be skipped at all since they add a lot to making the episodes enjoyable imo, plus it would've been crammed to hell and back, ending last week's episode on Erwin making his elder god-tier final speech before biting the bullet was the perfect way to end the episode with maximum effect for his sacrifice.

Sure, but that would mean I have to wait until all episodes are out? That's a pretty bad argument considering that the anime is intended to be released one episode per week. I've been watching airing seasonal since 2011 and this "issue" rarely came up.

I would say the maximum effect of Erwin's sacrifice is the satisfaction of seeing his goal came true (in this case, the Beast Titan going down), but let's just agree to disagree there.
May 26, 2019 3:30 PM
Apr 2018
best snk epsiode ever. my god it was incredible
May 26, 2019 3:40 PM
May 2016
JustMonaka said:
Modernoir said:

Sure, but that would mean I have to wait until all episodes are out? That's a pretty bad argument considering that the anime is intended to be released one episode per week. I've been watching airing seasonal since 2011 and this "issue" rarely came up.

I would say the maximum effect of Erwin's sacrifice is the satisfaction of seeing his goal came true (in this case, the Beast Titan going down), but let's just agree to disagree there.

Fair enough. I can appreciate seeing a different interpretation of these events, I hope the rest of the episode delivered for you at least.
May 26, 2019 3:46 PM

Mar 2018
Don't tell me Armin is going to be Meruem 2.0 lol. I would rather have Erwin be the one to get the titan sperm. No idea who's getting it, initially I thought the random soldier who didn't die would be the chosen one. They still have to get Zeke first though right? Can't remember if the titan sperm they have is pleb titan or also one with special powers

Great episode, action was on point, not the best tho imo.
poop
May 26, 2019 3:47 PM

May 2018
best episode so far. I'm about to cry

btw levi goat
May 26, 2019 3:48 PM

Oct 2009
This is how Game of thrones should have felt like. Let us fear for our protagonists and maybe actually kill them off.
May 26, 2019 3:49 PM
Aug 2018
Best Episode 10/10
May 26, 2019 3:50 PM

Aug 2012
Esquirtit said:
Can't remember if the titan sperm they have is pleb titan or also one with special powers

The term is pure titan and you only get the powers after eating someone with powers
May 26, 2019 3:50 PM
May 2016
WiseKouichi said:
This is how Game of thrones should have felt like. Let us fear for our protagonists and maybe actually kill them off.

Ahah, the entire time I was watching season 8 of GoT from ep 3 onwards I always had this exact thought in my mind.
May 26, 2019 3:54 PM

Apr 2013
Oh SHIT! The Plays
Levi fucking up the Beast Titan in his enrage as expected, Armin sacrificing himself so Eren can finish off Bertholdt With his ODM Gear! And Reiner getting defeated again with the help of Hange, had a feeling she survived it, it looked like the other guy was going to cover her right before Bertholdt nuked the place, didn't make the episode any less awesome though, Damn!
DelusionalUzumeMay 26, 2019 4:02 PM
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
May 26, 2019 3:58 PM

Mar 2018
Funseco said:
Esquirtit said:
Can't remember if the titan sperm they have is pleb titan or also one with special powers

The term is pure titan and you only get the powers after eating someone with powers
Thanks I forgot, what exactly happens again if you become a pure titan? You lose your consciousness and can't turn back right? Or do you just have the power to turn into a normal titan
poop
May 26, 2019 3:59 PM

Jan 2009
the ep was about the glory of Captain Levi period

overall amazing ep. thank you Wit studio and pleeeeeeeeeeeease! don't leave the adaptation!
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

801 by mapachefffff »»
Apr 4, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2019

458 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 6:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.