Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion

May 28, 8:53 AM
The amount of widespread love this episode is getting is so damn nice to see. Considering this season is most likely WIT's last entry into the series, it feels great to see that their swansong is going out with a blast. Hats off to the entire team that made this episode possible, feels good to have known right from the start this series was going to become a modern classic.

May 28, 10:30 AM

It's been a day and I'm still in the middle of processing everything that happened.

First off, I still can't believe that Armin actually died and with it, the way he died.
Also, how does he dare to say he was never the type to be a hero, if it wasn't for him humanity would've been screwed many times ever since he's been introduced.

This whole season has been a fuckfest. Both sides are losing and everyone is dying. I'm just hoping here that Erwin Smith is still alive, personally, he's the character I think has had the most impact for Humanity. Losing him would be disastrous.

May 28, 10:39 AM
Tip top episodes, my favourite one for a long time. Hange is still about as well, 10/10 :-D

May 28, 11:12 AM
Didn't they change a big detail I don't remember Armin falling from the wall ?

I thought he stayed on the wall

May 28, 11:14 AM
Mattinator95 said:

Nah, he fell from the wall, nothing was changed from the manga.

May 28, 11:20 AM
Weebover9000 said:
Mattinator95 said:

Nah, he fell from the wall, nothing was changed from the manga.

For some Reason I thought it happened on the wall . Well just foggy memory been like 2 years since I read the chapters

May 28, 11:30 AM

Even if Levi managed to turn a soldier into a titan, wouldn't Zeke just be able to order him to go away?

May 28, 11:42 AM

OMG did I just watch the greatest anime episode of all time?
The show has really improved and WIT Studio is doing an awesome job.
the episode was just brilliant. maybe lacked in terms of soundtrack but still 11/10.
They were clever with the episode's title too, the audience just won't know who the hero is until the very last scene. i personally thought the "Hero" is Levi or Erwin.
The Scene from armin's childhood was great too and really got to me. shed tears tbh.

Can't wait for the rest of the Season!

May 28, 12:09 PM
Actually Was Disappointed with the Episode especially with Beast Titan - all hype till this time for nothing . For levi fans its great , from that perspective its good . But if you see , all the hype & characterization done here n there for Beast Titan (mentioning him as the strongest titan in manga ) seems all baseless & poorly executed for this part. Was Disheartened !!!
He felt nothing like more than Boulder-Throwing Titan(leaving the strategy part)
Why to built-up & try to make a Good Villain/Enemy kind of when can't end it properly .. :( :( :(
Feels like abnormal Titans have been more of a threat uptill now than Intelligent ones , they even use to pull the string of attached ODM gears of Humans whereas these intelligent ones can do nothing .
It was same Hand of Beast Titan which broke the Armored Titan's Armor & here was cut in two-half by Levi's Blade ...felt a bit inconsistent :(
Modified by angelapari, May 28, 12:12 PM

May 28, 12:18 PM

[quote=KaitoKid8790 message=57703822]Even if Levi managed to turn a soldier into a titan, wouldn't Zeke just be able to order him to go away?

By knowing the answer to your question you will actually be spoiling yourself about a big detail that will be revealed later.

May 28, 12:31 PM

angelapari said:
Actually Was Disappointed with the Episode especially with Beast Titan - all hype till this time for nothing . For levi fans its great , from that perspective it's good. But if you see , all the hype & characterization done here n there for Beast Titan (mentioning him as the strongest titan in the manga ) seems all baseless & poorly executed for this part. Was Disheartened !!!
He felt nothing like more than Boulder-Throwing Titan(leaving the strategy part)
Why to built-up & try to make a Good Villain/Enemy kind of when can't end it properly .. :( :( :(
Feels like abnormal Titans have been more of a threat until now than Intelligent ones, they even use to pull the string of attached ODM gears of Humans whereas these intelligent ones can do nothing.
It was same Hand of Beast Titan which broke the Armored Titan's Armor & here was cut in two-half by Levi's Blade ...felt a bit inconsistent :(

I don't know why someone mentioned him as the strongest titan in manga, but him being able to destroy reiner's armour could be because he too have the hardening ability like eren, annie so just like how eren destroyed him in episode 2 beast titan should be able to do that and also you will later know reiner was among the weakest all along so it was not that big of a deal if he defeated him, also levi caught him off gaurd when he wasn't expecting anyone to attack him and levi is so fast he never had the time to harden . That's why levi was able to cut him the way he did. And before even realizing what is happening he was taken out from his nape.
As for normal titans being more dangerous than shifters, don't be so salty, colossal nuke, Zeke throwing boulders and stones caused scouts a massive loss without them even able to do anything. With normal titans, casualties did happen but most of them were weak scouts, here even the strongest ones were on the verge of being obliterated. Zeke is responsible for killing 2nd best scout Mike, Commander Erwin himself you don't have to be thinking like this because they lost due to being outsmarted.
Modified by God_Yaboku, May 28, 12:38 PM

May 28, 12:36 PM
attacktitan_01 said:
angelapari said:
Actually Was Disappointed with the Episode especially with Beast Titan - all hype till this time for nothing . For levi fans its great , from that perspective its good . But if you see , all the hype & characterization done here n there for Beast Titan (mentioning him as the strongest titan in manga ) seems all baseless & poorly executed for this part. Was Disheartened !!!
Feels like abnormal Titans have been more of a threat uptill now than Intelligent ones , they even use to pull the string of attached ODM gears of Humans whereas these intelligent ones can do nothing .

I don't know why someone mentioned him as the strongest titan in manga, but him being able to destroy reiner's armour could be because he too have the hardening ability like eren, annie so just like how eren destroyed him in episode 2 beast titan should be able to do that and also you will later know reiner was among the weakest all along so it was not that big of a deal if he defeated him, also levi caught him off gaurd when he wasn't expecting anyone to attack him and levi is so fast he never had the time to harden . That's why levi was able to cut him the way he did. And before even what is happening he was taken out from his nape.

Agree to your points , no spoilers from manga , not reading its manga as the show is really great(except few random one's which were already shown in anime) .
It was mentioned in manga only previosly as him the strongest titan but anyways i was letdown by the all built-up for beast titan was for nothing !!

May 28, 12:36 PM

Of course it's the guy who has bnha, opm, mp100 AND Eva (Gotta show I'm sophisticated too) as hisfavs not liking that AoT is getting ahead. What a joke, you're so shallow and easy to see through.

May 28, 12:47 PM
angelapari said:
the beast Titan is really more known as the brains rather than the fighter, Zekes intelligence rating is a 11/10, comparable to Levi's fighting ability. So by powerful, they probably meant it in terms of planning and leadership.
And let's not forget he took down the ENTIRE FLEET of survey Corp soldiers including Erwin. It's with this massive sacrifice that Levi was given the window of opportunity to get closer to him and cut him out of his Titan. Zeke underestimated Levi's abilities because he had no prior experience with an Ackerman.
Beast Titan has hardening abilities and a strong throw, he probably would've done a lot better if he wasn't distracted. He isn't weak, Levi is just stronger.

May 28, 12:49 PM

angelapari said:
attacktitan_01 said:

I don't know why someone mentioned him as the strongest titan in manga, but him being able to destroy reiner's armour could be because he too have the hardening ability like eren, annie so just like how eren destroyed him in episode 2 beast titan should be able to do that and also you will later know reiner was among the weakest all along so it was not that big of a deal if he defeated him, also levi caught him off gaurd when he wasn't expecting anyone to attack him and levi is so fast he never had the time to harden . That's why levi was able to cut him the way he did. And before even what is happening he was taken out from his nape.

Agree to your points , no spoilers from manga , not reading its manga as the show is really great(except few random one's which were already shown in anime) .
It was mentioned in manga only previosly as him the strongest titan but anyways i was letdown by the all built-up for beast titan was for nothing !!
angelapari said:
attacktitan_01 said:

He indeed is most dangerous up until now and is the only one who delivered most severe blows to the scout regiment but in terms of shear strength and fighting skills, he's not that strong sure he has some extra abilities like throwing with extreme force, and being able to control mindless titans make him most dangerous. Hype around beast titan was only because manga readers knew how levi is gonna chop him. Just a piece of advice just don't start expecting too much from any character because things not going the way you expected or wanted can definitely be disappointing. Just enjoy this masterpiece.

May 28, 12:54 PM

Woah, incredible episode

May 28, 1:00 PM
-The fact that the commander had to sacrifice himself just to take down the beast titan just proves how dangerous he is,but if people were expecting from zeke to put up a fight against levi in close range,that would feel inconsistent

-Of course if levi was able to defeat him without sacrifices that would be bad,which wasn't the case

May 28, 1:05 PM
attacktitan_01 said:
angelapari said:

angelapari said:

He indeed is most dangerous up until now and is the only one who delivered most severe blows to the scout regiment but in terms of shear strength and fighting skills, he's not that strong sure he has some extra abilities like throwing with extreme force, and being able to control mindless titans make him most dangerous. Hype around beast titan was only because manga readers knew how levi is gonna chop him. Just a piece of advice just don't start expecting too much from any character because things not going the way you expected or wanted can definitely be disappointing. Just enjoy this masterpiece.

Thx !!! Agree!!!!

May 28, 1:06 PM
amine60__SBD said:
-The fact that the commander had to sacrifice himself just to take down the beast titan just proves how dangerous he is,but if people were expecting from zeke to put up a fight against levi in close range,that would feel inconsistent

-Of course if levi was able to defeat him without sacrifices that would be bad,which wasn't the case

Kindaa Agree with you too :(

May 28, 1:13 PM

For some reason I'm not invested in the characters anymore, maybe it's the waiting between seasons and the weekly schedule, but man still can't believe Armin's dead...

May 28, 2:00 PM

I REFUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE FACT THAT ARMIN JUST DIED T____________T

May 28, 2:44 PM

I seriously need help I can't wait for the next episode and I keep wasting my time reading more and more discussions about this to try to help that lol

May 28, 2:47 PM
In terms of just pure hype, this episode made this AOTS for me already.

May 28, 2:52 PM

This was so great, oh my, I don’t even have words.

Levi vs Beast Titan and Armin vs Bethold were both animated amazingly. And Hänge is back, it’s definitely pleasing to see her again.

May 28, 4:34 PM

It's been a while i don't get emotioned until my tears come down...
a massacre..and Armin...but this is why i love SnK

May 28, 5:28 PM
Been waiting for this for so long. Cant wait till anime only see whats coming up next.

May 28, 6:58 PM
Zoroft said:

Of course it's the guy who has bnha, opm, mp100 AND Eva (Gotta show I'm sophisticated too) as hisfavs not liking that AoT is getting ahead. What a joke, you're so shallow and easy to see through.

As if you acting like a pretentious twat makes you better than him. "LOL you like THESE shows therefore your opinion is inherently below mine, aren't I so sophisticated for looking down on people for liking popular things despite liking AoT? XD"
Way to embarrass the actual fans of this series. The shows you listed (aside from bnha) are all utterly fantastic in their own rights too, not everything has to be a dickwaving competition.

May 28, 6:59 PM

Such an awesome episode,I was speechless!!!
10/10 and easily one of the best anime episodes I've ever seen!

May 28, 7:04 PM

Wow, this shit is still going insane in all fronts! Another fabulous episode. It's all on Armin man... Erwin, Levi, Armin, everyone battling for their lives... these guys have balls of iron, a fierce resolution to tell death to go fuck itself, it's just amazing. If i had to describe this episode, or the entire series, in one word, it would be Heroic. Probably gonna raise my score to a 10 because this is far from over and will keep on being mind blowing! Let's go! On to the next one!

May 28, 7:23 PM

His intention at down playing the episode because it was getting more praise than the shows he liked was obvious. Besides no one's more of a pretentious twat than MP100 fans pretending their show has an ounce of depth and that they're not just jerking off to the power fantasy of "you don't want to make me mad or I'm going to show you how awesome I am by beating you to a pulp, and then tell you how I righteous I am about it afterwards" against a bunch of 1d villains. Pathetic.
Modified by Zoroft, May 28, 7:26 PM

May 28, 7:24 PM
ʕ ・ิᴥ・ิʔo━☆・゜゚*✺

Wow what an episode!! I've rewatched certain parts dozens of times now but still can't stop...

May 28, 7:28 PM
Zoroft said:

His intention at down playing the episode because it was getting more praise than the shows he liked was obvious. Besides no one's more of a pretentious twat than MP100 fans pretending their show has an ounce of depth and that they're not just jerking off to the power fantasy of "you don't want to make me mad or I'm going to show you how awesome I am by kicking your ass, and then tell you how I righteous I am about it afterwards" against a bunch of 1d villains. Pathetic.

The hilarity in someone acting like they aren't pretentious or stupid for randomly bitching about other series that have nothing to do with Attack on Titan and then completely missing the point of MP100 with the funniest misinterpretation I've ever read is just too unreal. You'd know if you literally watched more than 2 episodes that MP100 isn't a power fantasy in the slightest, especially given how the MC's strength is never the driving point of any fight ever, nor is his development tied to his strength as a psychic, they're fights of ideology with the characters' efforts to change being the central driving force of the narrative, by the very end the story comes to such a fantastic and natural conclusion with a universal message that's genuinely sincere. You'd know this if you weren't being an idiot who thinks that there's anything to gain from downplaying the strengths of a series just to suit a pathetic elitist us vs them narrative . Your heart is probably in the right place but you look just as stupid as him. Here's something you should maybe consider: that most series DO have their own merits as to why they're so loved by so many people, especially when they're critically acclaimed? Why are you purposely subscribing to his childish mindset of devaluing good series just to give your point some clout? All you're doing is making the fans of this series look bad, this medium has so much variety and so many things to appreciate, imagine taking pride in thinking that you're smarter than others for not liking the same things they do.

tl;dr You will never beat a troll by stooping to their level, all you risk is making yourself look like an idiot for no reason. Don't do that shit mate.
Modified by Modernoir, May 28, 7:33 PM

May 28, 7:43 PM

Spare me the postureing, you don't have the "high ground" like you seem to think just because you're taking a more conformist stance. If you had any reading comprehension at all you would recognize that the point of my argument was specifically about the APPEAL of MP100 and not the clumsily delivered message of the show which features the juvenile mindset of what I mentioned previously "beating someone to a pulp, then giving them a lecture to show how righteous you are." But I see you're too caught up in your own narrative dichotomy of good guys and bad guys on the internet.

May 28, 7:43 PM

Dang... my mans was lookin' CRISPY after that battle, Armin's a real one for taking on that heat for so long!!

May 28, 7:50 PM
Zoroft said:

Spare me the postureing, you don't have the "high ground" like you seem to think just because you're taking a more conformist stance. If you had any reading comprehension at all you would recognize that the point of my argument was specifically about the APPEAL of MP100 and not the clumsily delivered message of the show which features the juvenile mindset of what I mentioned previously of "beating someone to a pulp, then giving them a lecture to show righteous you are." But I see you're too caught up in your own narrative dichotomy of good guys and bad guys on the internet.

The irony in how incorrect your understanding of MP100 is discredits any potential relevance your posts could've had to this conversation, which were none because congratulations you replied to bait from a known shitposter in these forums and tried to start a random war between series for absolutely no reason. I don't even have to guess to know you've not seen MP100, considering the first and 2nd season directly contradict your belief of it being a clumsy powerfantasy when the series' greatest moments have all been that of brilliant characterization and genuinely touching developments that are as far-removed from the fights as could be. It sounds more like you are just fuming that it's successful (and deservedly so at that) and you can't possibly understand why so many people love it. I'm not the one making a fool out of myself by being a jaded moron for no reason, so perhaps the next time you try and "own" a troll you should read your own posts to make sure you don't sound stupider than them, which is an achievement considering who you were initially replying to.

May 28, 8:03 PM

Again you keep going off into your own simple minded stereotypical narrative and projecting your insecurity all over the place, calling someone a jaded moron just because they don't have the same high regard for a show you do and of course claim that they just didn't get it afterwards. Pretty pretentious I'd say.

Now I'm forced to repeat myself because you completely ignored the point AGAIN. SO ONCE MORE I WAS SPECIFICALLY TALKING ABOUT THE APPEAL OF THE SHOW, not what you think the show is about you sperg BUT THE ASPECT THAT DRAWS PEOPLE IN AND HYPES THEM UP.

May 28, 11:06 PM
Worst episode I have ever seen, why would they kill of Armin? This is almost as bad as when twd killed Carrrrrrl

May 28, 11:11 PM
Eyal_Oged said:
I seriously need help I can't wait for the next episode and I keep wasting my time reading more and more discussions about this to try to help that lol
haha 🤘🏼 Don’t worry! Most people do the same thing 😝

May 28, 11:11 PM
This was hands down the best episode i’ve ever seen!!

May 28, 11:55 PM

MathsBook said:
Eyal_Oged said:
haha 🤘🏼 Don’t worry! Most people do the same thing 😝

Yeah or maybe rewatch all seasons which i did... 😆😆😆

May 29, 12:18 AM

elementex said:
Worst episode I have ever seen, why would they kill of Armin? This is almost as bad as when twd killed Carrrrrrl
lol surely you can't think it was that bad, Carl dying made no sense at all, but armin dying does tbh.

May 29, 12:53 AM
Thorf said:
elementex said:
lol surely you can't think it was that bad, Carl dying made no sense at all, but armin dying does tbh.

And hardly anyone gave a shit about Carl anyway . People wanted him gone since s2

May 29, 1:41 AM

what the fuck was that.. damn had me on the edge of my bed the whole time

May 29, 1:44 AM
Mattinator95 said:
Thorf said:

And hardly anyone gave a shit about Carl anyway . People wanted him gone since s2

So wrong, Carl carried the show and Carly x Enid was the best ship of the show by far

May 29, 1:46 AM
Thorf said:
elementex said:

Just because he died heroically doesn’t mean it’s good, killing off characters that make the show work is just a bad idea. Arming was their master tactician, wtf are they supposed to do without him?

This show just lost me tbh
Modified by elementex, May 29, 1:50 AM

May 29, 2:18 AM

Zoroft said:

No clue who you are talking about considering I don't like BNHA too much, specially not lately.

Sorry for liking other shows, that really makes your opinion more valid.

You seem to have made your account very recently just to defend your favorite show, you are not helping your case insecure Andy.
Modified by Venumidas, May 29, 2:21 AM

May 29, 2:33 AM

Levi vs Beast Titan top! Love it... but at the same time I cried my eyes out because of whats going to happen in next episode as I could predict by the end of this one. I really dont want to see it.
❑ Single (¬‿¬)
❑ Taken (¬‿¬)

✔ Mentally dating a character that doesn't actually exist φ(°ρ°*)

May 29, 3:06 AM

elementex said:
Thorf said:

Just because he died heroically doesn’t mean it’s good, killing off characters that make the show work is just a bad idea. Arming was their master tactician, wtf are they supposed to do without him?

This show just lost me tbh
You never know, Erwin might even live. Also, there's still Hange who's being set up to take over the scouts, because in season 3 part 1 Erwin named her the next commander. She's very clever, so there's still hope. Also, it's lucky all they lost WAS armin and Erwin, because in exchange of their deaths, they took down three of the titans. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

May 29, 3:26 AM
Modernoir said:
Zoroft said:

As if you acting like a pretentious twat makes you better than him. "LOL you like THESE shows therefore your opinion is inherently below mine, aren't I so sophisticated for looking down on people for liking popular things despite liking AoT? XD"
Way to embarrass the actual fans of this series. The shows you listed (aside from bnha) are all utterly fantastic in their own rights too, not everything has to be a dickwaving competition.
if you don't like BNHA you're not a fan of shounen. Its just how it is.

May 29, 4:24 AM
@ABDoesThings

You can still like Shonen and not like BNHA, its not like you're automatically forced to like bnha to like shonen, thats retarded no offense.

Pages (13) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

Preview MangaManga Store