Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
May 27, 2019 1:07 AM

Feb 2018
^^Nah, because people dont want autism in the thread
May 27, 2019 1:10 AM

Apr 2019
Roronoa said:
Ethicalll said:
"hE oBvIoUSly WaNtED tO SaVe ErWiN, ChILl iTs reAlLIstIc” this gives the impression that you think Levi was supposed to kill Zeke, and not think of taking his power from him, and you also thought that it was not realistic, so if you understood, why didnt you just explain to him? Trying to mock the argument "realistic" is just dumb xD, because that's actually the case, it couldn't be more realistic than using the serum and taking the Beast power. So yeah, so far, you said nothing but bs.

you still didnt get my point. also if you really want to argue about it, i could say why didnt Levi just kill Zeke and use Colossal titan or Armored titan to save Erwin? im sure if Levi was such a smart guy he would know that killing the mastermind is the goal at all costs. but its just so the story goes on longer ya see, which is understandable but not realistic or smart

Thats not true at all though.
i'll post it again for you, and this time you should read it, i know u were being satirical now earlier, but clearly you are making a suggestion here and i will explain why its "bullshit".

Do you even read what you write dude?
"i could say why didnt Levi just kill Zeke and use Colossal titan or Armored titan to save Erwin? "
i said this earlier, you should have read my answer even if you were being satirical
He was entrusted with the Serum, obviously he is going to look for Situations to use it, on top of that Levi isn't aware of what was going on with the other side, Reiner and Bertholt, so aquiring the Beast Titan would've been a great Help to support them.
This is your Answer.

"if Levi was such a smart guy he would know that killing the mastermind is the goal at all costs."
No its not, the Goal is to kill all of them, and if keeping the Mastermind alive in order to steal his Power has the potential to increase your chances of Victory, its worth thinking about.
You son of a .. turtle

May 27, 2019 1:12 AM

Dec 2009
Roronoa said:
Ethicalll said:
"hE oBvIoUSly WaNtED tO SaVe ErWiN, ChILl iTs reAlLIstIc” this gives the impression that you think Levi was supposed to kill Zeke, and not think of taking his power from him, and you also thought that it was not realistic, so if you understood, why didnt you just explain to him? Trying to mock the argument "realistic" is just dumb xD, because that's actually the case, it couldn't be more realistic than using the serum and taking the Beast power. So yeah, so far, you said nothing but bs.

you still didnt get my point. also if you really want to argue about it, i could say why didnt Levi just kill Zeke and use Colossal titan or Armored titan to save Erwin? im sure if Levi was such a smart guy he would know that killing the mastermind is the goal at all costs. but its just so the story goes on longer ya see, which is understandable but not realistic or smart

No he couldn't do that because he was focused on the fight with the Beast Titan and everything behind the wall went shit to him : remember last episode, both Erwin and Livai witnessed Eren being SMASHED on top of the wall, as far as they knew they couldn't retreat and leave the horses (their only way back to safe places), so either way, even if Eren's team was good on their part and at the time they were rekt by nuclear explosion + Eren smashed, so basically Erwin team was the only hope to succeed / live another day for Levi at this moment.
So of course he couldn't think using the serum for guys of the other side of the wall, because as far as he knew he was the only one who succeeded with the defeat of one of the 3 big titans.

EDIT : Also next week will be explained why he reacted like that so stop assuming things when you don't have the whole picture and just don't try to understand motives of the characters, because otherwise next episodes and seasons will be a hell for you to watch... And when I say stop assuming, ofc you have the right to do that if you know what you're talking about, but you made it clear it wasn't the case with the quote I just replied to.
Batora07May 27, 2019 1:19 AM
May 27, 2019 1:21 AM
Sep 2018
LOVE EPS 4 SO MUCHHHHH ON REPEAT 1000000x
May 27, 2019 1:21 AM

Sep 2018
Eren and Armin taking down the Colossal Titan has to be the most satisfying moment in the whole anime!(tears on my face)
It's sad that Beast Titan got away from Levi but they are both alive so its far from over....
Also please Eren check for a heartbeat or something i'm not buying this scorched body shit, This is Anime after all if he's not confirmed dead and 6 meters under earth (sometimes even that is not enough) then he's not dead.
Next week episode is gonna be wild!
well that's just my opinion.....
May 27, 2019 1:24 AM

Dec 2015
@Ethicalll
@Batora07
@Nim0174

aight my bad dude im not looking for a debate right now since im on mobile (SHITT FORMAT) and its 1AM, so i’d just be pulling arguments out of my ass at the moment :p sorry for making yall type a shit ton
no
May 27, 2019 1:26 AM
Oct 2016
Amazing episode. This is so thrilling.
May 27, 2019 1:38 AM

Jul 2015
The Best Episode.

Everything from Levi vs Beast Titan,Armin's resolve to defeating Reiner was top notch.

Full 5/5 episode.

May 27, 2019 1:41 AM
Apr 2019
So far the best episode.... Every moment my heart was beating so fast...so breath-taking! Everyone is talking about the OST,,it's from female titan arc...another was something like howling of a sumo wrestler!!
AOT is at the best!!
May 27, 2019 1:47 AM
Jan 2011
I didn't expect to get so emotional over Armin, since he was never a favourite character of mine. But I do love when weak characters have their moments of heroism. Self sacrifice just pushes it over the edge.
May 27, 2019 1:50 AM

Dec 2009
SetsukoHara said:
CoeFuiger said:

Oh man you better enjoy these last few episodes because you certainly don't understand what AoT is about

Yeah, I don't like so that means I don't understand. LOL

He didn't mean it in that way I think, it's just that the following arcs of the manga + next episodes are totally like season 3 Part 1 in the way it

That's why he said that x)
(but imo it's WAY BETTER handled than Season 3 Part 1)
EDIT : also in the "grand scheme of things" there are more background development chapters and politics in AoT than fights chapters against titans (like first part of season 1 I mean).
Batora07May 27, 2019 2:02 AM
May 27, 2019 1:53 AM

Apr 2013
mrbull3tproof said:
Another amazing ep. Glad decided to read the manga up to ch84 after previous ep, otherwise I'd go nuts after finishing today episode.

Please mark this as spoiler. You just spoiled that in next episode stuff will resolve (armin not really being dead or something like that) giving us a hint that something will be resolved

clickable▲
May 27, 2019 2:03 AM

May 2017
These are the moments where I regret having read the manga. I can't imagine the feels I would have without manga knowledge. I fear that the knowledge of the manga will affect my final score for this season. I'm sure I would give this season a 10 without manga knowledge but with the knowledge scenes are less impactful and the overall joy (although still incredibly high) is much lower. I remember when I watched Season2's episode 6. God damn the feelings I had back then were uncomparable.

Amazing adaptation, maybe the levi vs beast OST was a little underwhelming but that would be the only criticism.

I mean overall the OST's have been kind of underwhelming in my opinion. Season 2 had so many legendary new osts but ever since season 3 its been a ton of remixing and the new stuff is not really standing out that much.

Armin's sacrifice scene was done perfectly. The scene where eren flies up to Bertholdt was incredible, beauuutiful background animation, the shading was so crispy detailed combined with the high frame cuts.. eye candy.
shayed__May 27, 2019 2:07 AM
May 27, 2019 2:10 AM

Apr 2019
@CrowleYo How did you deduct Armins state just from him saying that he couldn't contain his excitement?
You son of a .. turtle

May 27, 2019 2:12 AM
May 2016
That crack in Eren's voice at the end saying Armin was bravest of them gives more feel than whole Season 8 of GOT combined.
If u can still get goosebumps from a show after reading the manga, the animators have done a hell of a job!
May 27, 2019 2:20 AM
Mar 2013
This episode was Dope!!! 👏 I can't even choose a favorite scene cause all of it is marvelous.
Guys get ready for the next episode of intencity 😁
May 27, 2019 2:24 AM

Nov 2015
My jaw dropped throughout this whole ep! 10/10 best Snk ep ever
May 27, 2019 2:28 AM
Jun 2015
Best. Shit. Ever. Nothing else to add.
May 27, 2019 2:41 AM

Dec 2016
This episode was so fucking sick holy, 10/10
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
May 27, 2019 2:46 AM

Jul 2013
Bufftsuki said:

Is it just me or Reiner's handsome
I knew bald Reiner reminded me of someone, but I didn't remember who until I saw this. Now I can't unsee it.

Also Beast Titan is best boy, he's hilarious.
May 27, 2019 3:01 AM
Mar 2016
Chapters 73-85 Were the best I have ever read.

I'm astonished how this season has not only lived up to the manga. but might even be an improvement.
May 27, 2019 3:05 AM

Jun 2015
This was a massive episode with a lot to take in. I'm devastated.

The information available for public disclosure was so sad
Niveen_SleemMay 27, 2019 3:10 AM
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 27, 2019 3:08 AM

Aug 2015
Finally, Levi got his badass moment it's been a while!
but the star of this episode was definitely Armin I hope he's not really dead!
awesome episode overall!
May 27, 2019 3:11 AM

Jun 2016
in this episode you WILL KNOW WHO IS THE ACTUAL BEAST !!!

also you will know in this episode WHAT IS HERO in this anime and DIE is not meaningless...
May 27, 2019 3:12 AM

Jun 2016
WordIsBond said:
That episode was a great example of why this show is popular. Drama with high stakes, large scale action, lack of plot armor. Loved it.

plot armor ?! all i see they naked
May 27, 2019 3:21 AM

Oct 2017
Respect to Levi the beast god! The BEST episode till date. They did justice to the manga, I remember how crazy I went when i was reading it and watching it in the form of anime makes me go crazy 10x. Looking forward to the next episode.

I want you to be happy.
I want you to laugh a lot.
I don’t know what exactly
I’ll be able to do for you,
but I’ll always be by your side.
May 27, 2019 3:31 AM
Dec 2013
An inconsiderate Anituber fucking spoiled Armin's death for me a couple years ago because the title of his AOT chapter review video literally stated that Armin died. Fucking inconsiderate idiot. I wish I never went to his channel. I was hoping it wasn't true. Pissed off that he did actually die.

Still, this was an amazing episode. I just wish I wasn't spoiled about Armin's death.
wildhoodMay 27, 2019 3:35 AM
May 27, 2019 3:33 AM

May 2016
WordIsBond said:
That episode was a great example of why this show is popular. Drama with high stakes, large scale action, lack of plot armor. Loved it.

Levi has a huge plot armor. Ok, he is a beast, but let be honest: he should have used all of his weapons on his "route" to Zeke and in the fight. But still, he had some left after it, and he can escape...

Don't read the next if you didn't read the manga:
-
May 27, 2019 3:56 AM
Aug 2016
Underwhelming episode, could've been alot better. You can see clearly the focus on certain elements and scenes in the episodes, while the rest of the episode is just plain mediocrity. This show just dropped hard in quality starting from season 3. Even the manga's latest Arc is fucking boring, and going in a very bad direction generally. Every time I see a franchise, that has a promising first season, or introduction in general, then follow up with a good sequel (Season2), then just goes downhill and into the nearest trashcan. Disappointing.
May 27, 2019 3:58 AM

Nov 2012
How much hate would I get if I said the following? I was happy to see Armin get toasted! He annoyed me.
May 27, 2019 3:58 AM

Nov 2017
Wow one of the best episodes in a long time! Man that was really well played. Armin's plan was brilliant and he went out like one hell of a hero. Seeing Levi getting serious for the first time since annie fight was so epic to see too! I'm sure Armin's can see the most beautiful sea you could imagine in heaven!
Next episode is also what we saw in the preview of the first part of this season.. ooo can't wait. This is gonna be very very good!!!

plz @ me
May 27, 2019 3:59 AM

May 2016
virquilium said:
Underwhelming episode, could've been alot better. You can see clearly the focus on certain elements and scenes in the episodes, while the rest of the episode is just plain mediocrity. This show just dropped hard in quality starting from season 3. Even the manga's latest Arc is fucking boring, and going in a very bad direction generally. Every time I see a franchise, that has a promising first season, or introduction in general, then follow up with a good sequel (Season2), then just goes downhill and into the nearest trashcan. Disappointing.

Feels like Game of Thrones xD
-
May 27, 2019 4:02 AM

May 2018
might be too soon to say this, but...

who wants some roasted dinner?
May 27, 2019 4:09 AM
Jul 2018
Hopefully no one noticed this before this episode in the opening

some people are gonna be mad after watching the next episode
removed-userMay 27, 2019 4:24 AM
May 27, 2019 4:15 AM

Apr 2019
wildhood said:
An inconsiderate Anituber fucking spoiled Armin's death for me a couple years ago because the title of his AOT chapter review video literally stated that Armin died. Fucking inconsiderate idiot. I wish I never went to his channel. I was hoping it wasn't true. Pissed off that he did actually die.

Still, this was an amazing episode. I just wish I wasn't spoiled about Armin's death.

just try not to get spoiled in the future^^

SheevPalpatine said:

Levi has a huge plot armor. Ok, he is a beast, but let be honest: he should have used all of his weapons on his "route" to Zeke and in the fight. But still, he had some left after it, and he can escape...

for other people do not open this spoiler its just an answer to sheev

As for Levi, i can agree with that doubt, they don't elaborate on it, so lets just assume Levi is so badass that he can slice pure Titans with blunt blades due to being an Ackermann
also, every Show has Characters with Plot Armor, those that dont die have Plot Armor.
its that simple, there is not 1 show in which not at least one character has Plot Armor.
Or do you know a Show where every single Character dies? I don't

Take Akame ga Kill for example BIG SPOILER

Or JoJo

Every Character has Plot Armor, until they die.
Code Geass?

Death Note?

like dude, most main characters don't die in the middle of a show, and not one show has all main characters die in the middle of a show

Nim0174May 27, 2019 4:18 AM
You son of a .. turtle

May 27, 2019 4:19 AM

Oct 2018
virquilium said:

Then just drop it, rate it 1/10 and don't watch it, if you think it's that bad.

If you didn't like this episode, you won't like the rest either.
May 27, 2019 4:21 AM

Dec 2014
laviha said:

Be mad after the next week episode?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2019 4:21 AM
Jan 2019
fucking masterpiece.
May 27, 2019 4:22 AM
Jul 2018
Still in shock. Armin was precious. To think we wouldn't see him again...

I'm mourning by watching him being silly in this clip. Must have re-watched it 50 times now.

May 27, 2019 4:23 AM
Jul 2018
Clefairiess said:
laviha said:

do you want spoiler?
May 27, 2019 4:24 AM

Dec 2014
laviha said:
Clefairiess said:

do you want spoiler?

Hell no!!! Please
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2019 4:40 AM
Apr 2019
SheevPalpatine said:
WordIsBond said:

Don't read the next if you didn't read the manga:

Only eren and mikasa have plot armor -
May 27, 2019 4:43 AM

Aug 2016
I recently watched on youtube a colorized comic-slideshow of Levi fighting beast titan, and after i watched this episode i can say that it was really close to the manga. The feeling was like i re-watching the same episode for second time.

Anyway, i am certainly feeling about starting reading the manga after this season is over.
May 27, 2019 4:51 AM

Nov 2013
wow rip armin, that was pretty cool tbh

wtf didn't expect Eren to go human form and go all the way up to 60(?) meters , that was also pretty awesome lol

at least hange is still kicking ass =D

the way Levi let the other guy escape made me dispair ... (it kinda reminds me of league when i leave the kills to other as a support and they don't get them LOL)

well this episode was great, i think i'll go rewatch it
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
May 27, 2019 5:03 AM

Mar 2014
Levi vs Beast Titan was fucking awesome. I'm still so sad over Armin getting burned to death, Levi having lost every person he cares about, Erwin's death and Eren seeing Armin's corpse. Just let me die man.
Armin vs Bert was really good, that was such a difficult plan and Armin's actions were definitely heroic. I'm glad they managed to bring down the Colossal Titan.

This episode was 5/5. I just wish Zeke's bitch ass hadn't managed to get away. Also massive thanks to Wit Studio for delivering the fight scenes with such amazing quality and animation. I don't think any team could have done better to be honest!
May 27, 2019 5:08 AM
Apr 2016
The culmination of 6 years wait. What an absolute masterpiece.
May 27, 2019 5:09 AM

Jul 2016
Armin and Edwin both going down.

Levi not getting the kill on beast titan,,,

Beast titan talking about doing this multiple times before?

Is the Wall just a new version of the matrix.
May 27, 2019 5:12 AM

Aug 2013
THIS WAS AMAZING!!!!! BEST EPISODE OMG! Every week is incredible!
May 27, 2019 5:15 AM

Mar 2017
YOOOOO
Levi is a God!!
10/10 ep
May 27, 2019 5:16 AM
Apr 2018
keragamming said:

Crunchyroll getting it today, same time as funimation.

Crunchyroll is Getting it?
My Crunchyroll doesnt even have it?!?
Pages (15) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

801 by mapachefffff »»
Apr 4, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2019

458 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 6:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.