3It was OK
23.9%
2Disliked it
5.4%
1Hated it
5.4%
Average 3.8
92 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2019 8:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally, action is back again. At least this time around, Marlya is able to put her powers to good use.

Really wish they made me care more about the storytelling this episode as it still feels the same as usual. The ceremony part had mixed feelings. The crowd definitely wanted their voices heard though.
May 26, 2019 9:47 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Sweeties plan though a risky one sure ended up to be surprisingly successful. Though her betrayal was to be expected. Well with the kind of jobs that they do i doubt many people have a high opinion of the MP's and the SB. Hmm so the culprit was actually one that was in front of us all along. Though the plot was a close one its good that they managed to stop it in time. Looks Ray Dawn was indeed the one pulling strings behind the scenes on account of the fact that he didn't step in to protect the PM. A pretty calm ep that while bringing an end to this investigation also served to show that even if the war is over schemes and grudges are still in effect behind the scenes. Seems that Ray dawn has more cards to play though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2019 10:07 AM

Aug 2013
Pretty decent episode.

So they managed to stop the assassination of the prime minister.

May 26, 2019 4:41 PM
Mar 2015
they stopped the assassination and got a tome But Sweeie got away and Ray Dawn is still there to try again
May 26, 2019 5:20 PM

Sep 2017
Decent episode. I had a felling Ted was Eddies son. They looked pretty similar. Man I just gotta nit pick at them finding the super obvious evidence of tampering with the fairies tho. Like yeah Ted and the old dude coulda lied about the inspection, but I don't think that blonde dude was in on it. Moreover, they did a big inspection last episode with all of Dorthea and others watching. The whole thing was like eyyy no signs of tampering here, so even if Ted was tampering you'd hope it would be something not as obvious as a big ass hole. It's so dumb cause basically everyone had already figured out that there was tampering at that point, so showing the hole was just bad writing.
May 26, 2019 5:30 PM

Feb 2019
Shingster said:
Sweeties plan though a risky one sure ended up to be surprisingly successful. Though her betrayal was to be expected. Well with the kind of jobs that they do i doubt many people have a high opinion of the MP's and the SB. Hmm so the culprit was actually one that was in front of us all along. Though the plot was a close one its good that they managed to stop it in time. Looks Ray Dawn was indeed the one pulling strings behind the scenes on account of the fact that he didn't step in to protect the PM. A pretty calm ep that while bringing an end to this investigation also served to show that even if the war is over schemes and grudges are still in effect behind the scenes. Seems that Ray dawn has more cards to play though.

I'd say that Sweeite wasn't the one who betrayed Dorethea...she left the tome for them. They admitted they were going to arrest her after she helped them, so if anything they betrayed her.

I don't think Ray Dawn had anything to do with the attack. I think instead the guy who stepped in to "protect" the Prime Minister did, and it was probably to win his favor.

That was the guy who was working with Wolfram, who works for Arcane and this plot was supposedly a plot by Arcane.
May 26, 2019 5:56 PM
Jan 2019
I think this anime has lost the magic or am I ?. Well, I'm already going through episode 8 ... there's no turning back šŸ˜….

Anyway, why did not Sweety take the Fourth Black Tome?
May 26, 2019 6:44 PM

Oct 2015
Can't say I condone what Ted did, but I truly understand why he did it. Wished they let him go though, since he never succeeded in the assassination. Bitter won't be caught that easily, but at least she left the artefact.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 26, 2019 10:53 PM
Sep 2016
The past 3 episodes have been just...not very good. Everything that made the first arc fantastic is gone. The action only happens for maybe 3 seconds every episode, and Free and Marlya have taken a backseat to the plot, with Dorothea taking the lead. The final scene was great but it just didn't make sense, why did it take them so long to figure that out? i get them not knowing right away but they had a week to do stuff, in which they did basically nothing. And what was Sweet's motivation behind leaving the black fairy tome behind? It probably wasn't the real one...again. Idk when they keep faking out the maguffin, it makes it seem pointless to hunt after it anyways. The unique episode formula of flashback, intro, buildup, action, payoff isn't intact, either, and to top it all off, the animation wasn't very good in the action scenes in this one, and it didn't even have the killer [K]now_name soundtrack.

I wouldn't rip on the Unification Day arc so much if I didn't love the series as a whole. If I'd seen these episodes first, I wouldn't have given this show a second glance, but it remains my favorite anime this season. Here's hoping they improve now that this meandering arc is over, and at least it was mercifully short.
May 26, 2019 11:43 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
HOOfan_1 said:
Shingster said:

I'd say that Sweeite wasn't the one who betrayed Dorethea...she left the tome for them. They admitted they were going to arrest her after she helped them, so if anything they betrayed her.

I don't think Ray Dawn had anything to do with the attack. I think instead the guy who stepped in to "protect" the Prime Minister did, and it was probably to win his favor.

That was the guy who was working with Wolfram, who works for Arcane and this plot was supposedly a plot by Arcane.

Well Sweetie probably expected them to arrest her at some point. They were only temporary allies but i do agree with you there.

While Ray Dawn didn't look like he was involved here i won't say that he's entirely innocent either. Still winning the PM's favour was an angle that i didn't consider but remains a possibility.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2019 12:09 AM

Feb 2019
I'm so tired of people talking negatively about this anime, it's honestly a great series, it's my 2nd fave of the season after KNY. The only thing they need to do is fix the CGI, some of the cuts they make during episodes and slow up with dropping so many location and people names, tbh it gets overwhelming to get 10-15 European sounding place names dropped per episode lol

Marya is bae
May 27, 2019 12:34 AM
Apr 2016
I probably liked this episode the most. But merely liked.
Re:formed
May 27, 2019 4:39 AM

Jun 2009
WolfDFireBreidi said:

AquaShldEXE said:
And what was Sweet's motivation behind leaving the black fairy tome behind? It probably wasn't the real one...again.

It was established last episode that Bitter Sweet has a perfect memory and can replicate a book after only seeing it once. So she has no need for original and probably didn't want to anger Dorothea by stealing/destroying the book...

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
May 27, 2019 7:51 AM

Feb 2019
AlexTrusk said:
WolfDFireBreidi said:

AquaShldEXE said:
And what was Sweet's motivation behind leaving the black fairy tome behind? It probably wasn't the real one...again.

It was established last episode that Bitter Sweet has a perfect memory and can replicate a book after only seeing it once. So she has no need for original and probably didn't want to anger Dorothea by stealing/destroying the book...

The flashback to her as a girl at the end of episode 7 and the fact that she betrayed Gui Carlin seem to indicate that she has some sort of motivations beyond money, just like Veronica.

She didn't need to take the tome to sell it, she just needs the information. Plus she probably dis want to honor her deal with Dorothea, maybe even thinking their work with the tome would help her.

I do wonder why she hired those two assassins to go after Free and Marlya though. It looked like they wanted more than just the pages of the Tome that Free was carrying, it seemed like they were trying to capture Free and perhaps Marlya too.
May 27, 2019 9:36 AM

Sep 2011
Both Bitter Sweet and Dorothea got what they wanted, and it was better than seeing one of the sides getting the short end of the stick, at least for now. I felt a bit bad for Eddie's son too, I don't think that what he tried to do was "right", but sometimes it isn't that easy to just "accept" things, as necessary as it may be. Oh, and it's nice that Robert is being called by his first name at least by Mariya and Free now, thanks to her.
May 27, 2019 11:48 AM

Sep 2017
Gytanzo said:
I have a hope the next episode will be better because it seems to be the convergence of all of the subplots going around, but I can't be too sure.
At least I was kind of right here. This episode was better than usual. Still not high art or anything like that, but I at least got some enjoyment out of this episode. Soundtrack was great, no complaints there. Chase's investigative process was the highlight of the episode and I wish more screen time had been given to him.
Free Underbar said:
It's okay if you can't forgive. But accept it. The war is over.
First semi-memorable thing to come out of the show, for me at least, and it is purely because Tomoaki Maeno's performance reminded me of Decim. The script was still pretty stilted and the animation was just okay, though, which definitely held the otherwise alright episode back for me. 3/5 episode, just okay.
May 27, 2019 12:20 PM

Feb 2014
I was expecting Sweetie's plan to succeed and thankfully, it did. Not surprisingly, she did betray the group, but she did leave the black fairy tome behind for Dorothea, so I guess she did hold up her end of the deal at least.

Ted had to be caught in the end. I can't really blame his reasons for what he did, but he was going to such lengths to make so much chaos that his actions just couldn't justify his reasons.

As for Ray Dawn, he didn't make any effort to save the prime minister, even though he did have a slight shocked expression on his face, maybe faked or actually genuine, but he's still shady, though.

Good episode overall. =)
May 27, 2019 1:44 PM
Apr 2016
Meta_Yoshi said:
I was expecting Sweetie's plan to succeed and thankfully, it did. Not surprisingly, she did betray the group, but she did leave the black fairy tome behind for Dorothea, so I guess she did hold up her end of the deal at least.

Ted had to be caught in the end. I can't really blame his reasons for what he did, but he was going to such lengths to make so much chaos that his actions just couldn't justify his reasons.

As for Ray Dawn, he didn't make any effort to save the prime minister, even though he did have a slight shocked expression on his face, maybe faked or actually genuine, but he's still shady, though.

Good episode overall. =)

If I know my trade they are setting Ray Dawn up to be a tragic hero, sacrificing his moral superiority and a lot of people to reach some greater good. For example, stop the war and bring on peace. Do something about the fairies, which should not exist in modern world. Is now planning to stop that shady ossan who rushed in to "save" the minister? I am positive every other duke ended up like they did because that ossan had his hands in their treachery/sudden insanity.
I personally like the complexity they are attempting to give to the series. We have at least 5 sides - Dorothea, Arcame, Empire, Gui Carlin and the Ossan (and his every lapdog). AND while at it each faction has splinter cells who have hidden agenda. It might not be executed very well, but nevertheless I find myself enticed.
Re:formed
May 27, 2019 4:16 PM

Jul 2012
I don't see how people like this show. Animation is good (except the fairies), the music is phenomenal. But what's the point they are trying to get across? What's the plot of this show? There are too many characters, too many things going on at once. It's ridiculous. Eight episodes in, and I still feel like I know nothing.

The animation and music are what keeps this show anywhere near a score of a five. I am almost positive you could take the last three episodes out of the story and it wouldn't change a thing once this PA Works flop is over.

I thought they learned from Glasslip and Red Data Girl, but I guess not.
May 28, 2019 9:10 AM

Jul 2017
This episode breaks the case of the building past few episodes wide open.
At least that's IMO.

Bitter Sweet, being the sweetie she is, uses and betrays Dorothea putting Marlya and her companion in distress while Free saves them. However the Black Tome Fairy is kept intact for Dorothea, so I can say that they have both accomplished their goals.

The whole world-buliding debacle still irks me at how linear the storytelling is now in connecting the dots. And this episode, the father-and-son duo of the military beings in control...isn't really what was supposed to be. The father using them as a sign of unification while the abandoned son is using that for a coup e'tat on the government which signed him off as a traitor. Looks like Arcame has a lot under their sleeve...

The PM assassination was broken off once the father admitted to Robert "Chase" that the military beings were the subject of litigation, and thanks in part for this, Dorothea managed to arrest the estranged son Ted.

FINALLY AFTER ALL THIS WHILE OF THE ILLEGAL WHISTLEBLOWING that can malfunction these beings, the part in part small arc is over. Thank goodness...

In summary, this series is slowly connecting the dots as mentioned, but in the long run, what do these events serve for? Only time will tell.
KANLen09May 28, 2019 9:20 AM
May 28, 2019 9:58 AM

Oct 2017
Tbh so far i like Bittersweet the most . She is an interesting character and i would love to see more of her in upcoming episodes too.
May 29, 2019 2:19 PM

May 2018
Finally, the guy who hacked them Artificial fairies was captured by them Dorothea guys, better sweet, shit she outwitted them Dorothea guys again , she doesn't have to steal the book only look at it and keep it in memory.
Jun 8, 2019 7:15 PM

May 2015
Guns don't seem to be very effective against Fairy users...

And there goes Bitter Sweet...Also, Free sure likes to yank on people's collars when he needs to demand something...

So uh...Free used his Fairy to break the wall to get into the passageway. Couldn't he have just done that with the wall that Bitter Sweet entered through?

Bitter Sweet left the tome. Well she did say that she just wanted to see it. If Warlock is right, then she probably memorized the entire thing before Free and Marlya was able to get to it...

"Ray Dawn didn't try to protect the prime minister." Good eye Ver. This episode gets plus points just for that observation.

There will always be those who just can't forget about the tragedies of war...Hmm...I wonder how the people and the prime minister will react after the prime minister was nearly killed by the artificial fairies...
Jun 9, 2019 9:46 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Slow and boring first half of he episode, I was already resting my eyes until it picked up unexpectzedely. The who assassination attempt scene was really well done, the tension and intensity of the moment really were apparent, I hope they show was more of this rather than the wasted potential on dull dialogue.
Jun 10, 2019 9:24 PM

Feb 2015
Sweetie, Marlya and Klara defeated Gilbert’s bodyguards and forced him to tell them where the black tome is, but Sweetie escaped through a passage, Klara called the guys and Free made a hole, they found the black tome and gave it to Nein. Daniel from the security office visited Hanns and took him to question him. Chase investigated and after discovering that Eddy had a son, Hanns revealed him that his assistant is actually Eddy’s son, Ted, and could be possible that he has been modifying the fairies. An anniversary event of the end of the war was being held, the event included some artificial fairies, and Ted went there to control the fairies and murder Golbarn, but Chase could stop him, and Ted was arrested.

The episode was between meh and ok.
Jun 19, 2019 3:10 PM
Mar 2018
I somehow have a feeling that Ted was being used and the whole assassination thing was a smoke screen to hide the real motives of the puppeteers behind the scene. I can somehow begin to see a plot in this anime...., overall it wasn't a horrible episode.
Jun 21, 2019 1:51 PM

Aug 2017
First episode without a stupid flashback yeah!

Well, they stopped the assassination at least. So Ted was Eddies son.

Still, I don't understand the part where there was an inspection last episode with all of Dorthea and others watching and no one noticed anything unusual lol. Why did it take them so long to figure that out? In the end, Bitter Sweet and Dorothea got what they wanted.

Still much better than the first arc.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 8, 2020 11:14 AM

Jul 2015
We already knew Bitter Sweet had a good memory but damn if she escaped so fast after also memorising all those pages while Free and Marlya are going after her then she must be pretty incredible

Would have been interesting if Ted succeeded in finishing off the prime minister before getting caught

Aug 15, 2021 5:20 AM

Feb 2018
Bitter Sweet yoinked that Tome lel

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Gone Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2019

51 by Thewatcher_22 »»
Feb 18, 2022 9:11 AM

Poll: » Fairy Gone Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

72 by JaniSIr »»
Jan 23, 2022 7:58 AM

Poll: » Fairy Gone Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

65 by JaniSIr »»
Jan 23, 2022 7:18 AM

» Is this worth watching?

removed-user - Oct 7, 2021

6 by Pangolin44 »»
Nov 3, 2021 8:26 AM

Poll: » Fairy Gone Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2019

51 by Kap92 »»
Aug 15, 2021 5:20 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.