Forum Settings
Forums

Support character romances that are better than the main?

New
May 25, 2019 12:31 PM

Jan 2012
Usually when there is a romance story in a show, its between the main character and some other one partner. But sometimes even the support cast has their own romantic story. And quite often, their love story can be more interesting, well written and entertaining than the one that the main character has.

I do have come across some of these during my watch times. Can you personally think of any support characters that had a better love story than the main cast?
How I love a game
May 25, 2019 12:35 PM
Jan 2015
Satou and Yachiyo from Working! come to mind even though they are technically main characters, just not THE main characters.
My Queens

May 25, 2019 12:38 PM

Sep 2017
I can't really think of any tbh. I mean yea for sure there are really good support character romances where we get to see the MC's friend get some love, but I never found them to be better than the MC. I mean that's why they are labeled the MC right? If a support character has a better romantic story than the MC, then damn what's the point in reading it if their story isn't the main plot of it.
May 25, 2019 4:10 PM

Jul 2017
Problem is a lot of supporting characters romances barely even conclude and are just a bunch of shipping moments.

but

Aforementioned SatouxYachiyo
AlexisxMarrine (Grancrest Senki)
KariuxOoga (ReLIFE)
Yukino's Parents (although I wouldn't go as far as to say better than main couple) (His and Her Circumstances)
MinenexMasumi (Future Diary)
MisakixJin (Sakurasou)

And if we take cases where it's heavily implied they will get together sometime later:

WakamatsuxSeo (Gekkan Shoujo)
TooruxMinko (Hanasaku Iroha)
HajimexHinako (Tada Doesn't fall in Love)
Unpopular opinion, but TooruxYuki (Hori-san to Miyamura-kun)
May 25, 2019 5:12 PM
Jul 2018
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. Sasayan and Natsume's romance was far more interesting and well-developed than the main couple. The main romance is your typical bookworm falls for bad boy. Yuck.
May 25, 2019 9:13 PM

Nov 2016
Maki x yuta from kiznaiver, every couple in this story is quite good but this one is by far the best, it makes the most sense the two really complement each other and it was the only one not tangled in some wierd love pentagon
May 25, 2019 9:21 PM

Nov 2008
I liked the ones from 11 Eyes but they were the only good things about that crappy series. xD

Hated the main pairing.

I also liked HinataxYui in Angel Beats more than OtonashixKanade.

May 25, 2019 10:17 PM

Jan 2012
My personal favoruite has to be Uka and Touka from Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. Unforntunaly the anime does cover the best part of their romances from the manga.
How I love a game
May 27, 2019 2:39 PM

Apr 2019
Kotone and Shizuku's romance/relationship in Sakura Trick is more fleshed out and deeper than the protagonists' relationship.

大好き "I just want to be an ancient demigod loli"
May 27, 2019 4:58 PM
Mar 2019
Takahisa Tajima and Yukiko Hirohara from 11 eyes. My favorite characters from that (unpopular) show.
May 27, 2019 5:27 PM

Dec 2018
Short_Circut said:
Problem is a lot of supporting characters romances barely even conclude and are just a bunch of shipping moments.

but

Aforementioned SatouxYachiyo
AlexisxMarrine (Grancrest Senki)
KariuxOoga (ReLIFE)
Yukino's Parents (although I wouldn't go as far as to say better than main couple) (His and Her Circumstances)
MinenexMasumi (Future Diary)
MisakixJin (Sakurasou)

And if we take cases where it's heavily implied they will get together sometime later:

WakamatsuxSeo (Gekkan Shoujo)
TooruxMinko (Hanasaku Iroha)
HajimexHinako (Tada Doesn't fall in Love)
Unpopular opinion, but TooruxYuki (Hori-san to Miyamura-kun)

im really agree with Kariu x Ooga😍

More topics from this board

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

79 by ame »»
53 seconds ago

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - 10 minutes ago

2 by ame »»
3 minutes ago

» For those who ever rewatch anything, are there any anime you can't really casually rewatch in whole or in part due to intensity?

WatchTillTandava - 9 hours ago

13 by perseii »»
14 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 11 hours ago

28 by Kenzolo-folk »»
20 minutes ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Yesterday

21 by L0bsterman »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.