Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 25, 2019 2:23 AM

Jul 2016
Have to agree with some posters beforehand, this episode felt pretty lackluster to me, the whole stand of green day really worked inconsistently and cioccolata surviving with his spine and then being able to just instantly fix himself felt reaaaaaaally off to me. Also that muda scene was alright but worked way better in the manga than anime, the wryyyyy part was awesome though.
May 25, 2019 3:27 AM
Nov 2017
CondemneDio said:
HereticHunter said:

And what's JoJo without "illogical" turns, "non-sensical" arbitrary rule changes, and "astronomically improbable" plans?

That's right, it wouldn't be JoJo.

Yes, but there is also a limit.
And this episode crossed that limit. Just like DIO and Jotaro spontaneously learning flying in part 3 finale.

I don'y really get this. JoJo's has never had a "limit". Also, they never flew, it was their stands helping them jump. This has been proven over and over.
May 25, 2019 3:37 AM
Nov 2017
Comander-07 said:
thewatcher974 said:

mista only got 6 six the more you got on your colony the more you need to kill to hurt the user
makes sense. However 2/6 isnt 90%

But since when did the rule include "90%"? That was just what some guy on here said, it's not how it actually works
May 25, 2019 4:51 AM
Mar 2018
Youliga said:
Comander-07 said:
makes sense. However 2/6 isnt 90%

But since when did the rule include "90%"? That was just what some guy on here said, it's not how it actually works

yeah my mistake sorry
May 25, 2019 4:56 AM
Mar 2018
here is the definition of colony type stands from jojo wiki
Colony Stands are comprised of multiple units, each able to function entirely on its own. The entirety of the colony constitutes a single Stand, and as a result, their power is divided. Similarly, damage to the user is proportional to the population size of the Stand; the higher amount of units, the less damage is transferred when a unit is damaged.
Thanks to their number, Colony Stands can be used to overwhelm an enemy by attacking from multiple directions, the User not fearing damage since as long as even one unit remains, they won't die.
May 25, 2019 5:53 AM
Oct 2018
MarioAk_ said:
Okay, we're all here because of the Muda.
I think the duration is ok, 30 seconds is great, but I didn't find it as good as the Steely Dan one.
I mean, I didn't really feel the power of his punches and kicks.

You have to remember, though, that Star Platinum is technically stronger than Gold Experience, so while the punches wont be as heavy and hard-hitting, they're definitely going to be thrown fast. Of course, this doesn't mean you need prefer Giorno's over Jotaro's.
May 25, 2019 3:03 PM

Mar 2008
kondee said:
Can someone explain to me what happened with the stag beetle? Why did it return to the bullet hole? As odd as some of the logic is in JoJo, I still wanna understand it.

10/10 top tier production as always though.

EDIT: Oh wait, a piece broke off, stayed in his brain and when the bullet came back...it transformed back into a stag beetle to eat it because it got attracted to the piece that's still there (correct me if I'm wrong). LOL crazy stuff, you can even see the broken piece before when Cioccolata got shot the first time. Neat.

Basically. In the manga, you can see the bullet broken after it went through his head, but Giorno just say it returned for the hole because it was somehow supposed to. The anime made it clear that it was the piece in his head that "attracted" the bullet.

May 25, 2019 3:35 PM

Jan 2013
OST was always one of the best things of this episode!
Giorno is such a badass, i am so glad he found a way to defeat him.
Now i am worried for Bucciarati...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 25, 2019 4:56 PM
Jan 2016
@Metallica_Nero you were right. He appeared at the end of this episode.
May 25, 2019 5:01 PM

Sep 2012
I guess we can conclude that the "WRYYYY" thing is genetic. It makes as much sense as anything else that happened this episode! Like, I know Jojo has always had people survive ridiculous shit (Like having half of your body walked through), but this fight and Doppio vs Metallica have both been trying my suspension of disbelief.

Great episode, though. I went fucking bananas punching the air through the whole Green Day beatdown xD
May 26, 2019 2:21 AM

May 2016
Loved this episode! I felt tense all over and waited in bated breath during a lot of the scenes throughout the episode because I just knew that something bad's bound to happen. Watching each Sex Pistol fall into pieces one by one and causing Mista to burst out bleeding was already stressful enough to watch and Giorno slowly getting Green Day's mold all over him added to it. Cioccolata looking like a monster with his body chopped off, spine dangling with the stumps covered by mold was horrifying but the creepiest part about that was him spending his youth experimenting on himself so he can know where to cut and plug with Green Day "safely".

Giorno seeing through all of his opponent's tricks was really cool and listing off the exact places where he got injured too was a very amusing addition. Finally watching that legendary 7-page MUDA made me really, really happy because David Pro had outdone themselves once again even though it didn't have as much power as Steely Dan's Ora Rush (and for good reason too since GE isn't known for breaking diamonds with his fists). The stuff they've been through should've killed them but that's actually what was going on since the beginning lmao

Cioccolata's bond with Secco was actually pretty cute especially with that final voicemail he sent with him outright confessing his love for his pet who fell head over heels in return. Secco's not done yet but Bruno better finish him off soon because finding out that Ciocco died soon after his last message would be more painful for him than outright dying.

The Man of the Hour's looming in a distance OMG ♥

May 26, 2019 2:33 AM
Apr 2019
three things:
- MUDAMUDAMUDAWRYYYYYYYY is epic, imma give giorno 7 sugarcubes, though I lowkey expected it to be longer, by the way my friend was excited over it coming up (he's a manga reader, I am not)
- Secco and his relationship with Cioccolata oh my dear hear t! It's so twisted but also quite wholesome, you get me? 'I love you' and 5 sugarcubes for the sweet boi
- p o l n a r e f f
tres bien, t-re bi-en, I never realized how much I missed him
May 26, 2019 2:45 AM

Jul 2009
CondemneDio said:
Yeah.........
Am I the only one who thinks this was the worst Jojo episode to this day?
The amount of illogical turns, non-sensical arbitrary rule changes, and astronomically improbable plans working out really made this painful to watch.

You're not alone fam
May 26, 2019 2:54 AM

Sep 2016
The part where Buccellati was called a language teacher was hilarious. For a second, I thought the subtitle was incorrect again, lol. Glad that I totally forgot this part in the manga and could enjoy it more in the anime version.

Cioccolata crawling with his spine swinging around was ridiculously funny. Throwing trash into the trash can makes perfect sense, lol.
That being said, the I love u voice mail scene was unexpectedly touching. The portrayal of different partnership is one of the huge reasons why Vento Aureo stands out to me among the franchise.

Unlike lots of the fans, I’m not particularly obsessed with the 7 page MUDA. To be honest, Ono D’s 3 page ORA is better than Ono Kensho’s MUDA in this ep imho. But then again, I’m quite impressed by his WRYYYYYYYYY. That’s the greatness that cannot be denied.

Also it’s a nice move to bring forward Polnareff’s debut in VA.
May 26, 2019 3:03 AM

Dec 2012
POLNAREFF?!!!!!

May 26, 2019 9:29 AM

Nov 2018
Great episode, glad to finally have great villains ! I wish we had more of Cioccolata, easily the best villain of this season (it's gonna be hard to get back to weak-ass Diavolo...)!

Also between pesci and prosciutto, doppio and diavolo and now Cioccolata and Secco, Part V seems to like having a pair of villains with one being the "docile and weirder one" and the other being the "master" one. Except these two are actually fun and interesting to watch, hope Secco gets a lot of screentime in the next episode!

As for the fight, it was pretty good even if the more I watch Jojo, more I have the impression of watching "Axe Cop" with how everything is dumb/illogical/fun and over the top!
May 26, 2019 2:18 PM
Dec 2013
My favourite part was when Giorna said to Cioccolata:

"Oh, please. Did you really think you'd be that lucky? A piece of shit like you?"

Savage! Especially because that is exactly what Cioccolata is. A piece of shit!
wildhoodMay 27, 2019 9:01 AM
May 26, 2019 4:35 PM

Apr 2014
Not sure how I feel here. It was great FINALLY seeing the muda muda beatdown, but I kind of wish it was a BIT longer. I think I saw a calculation a while back, and if the manga/anime length ratio was the same as it was in part 3, the beatdown would have been about 45 seconds. Ah well, it was still cool.

Also, I've never cared for this battle and I hate how inconsistent Green Day's power is. The branch moves down a centimeter and disintegrates instantly, but Giorno slides down the side of the helicopter and barely gets any mold? Also, wouldn't Mista lowering his arms to reload his gun cause his hands to mold?
May 26, 2019 5:53 PM

Oct 2015
That was an intense battle, gotta give it up for Cioccolata he did a great job as a villain. But Gio was great in that moment, especially when he distracted him.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 26, 2019 8:01 PM
Sep 2018
JokerVentura said:
I love how everyone's talking about the Muda Muda and not a single mention of, holy fuck is that Polnareff at the end?

no hes jotaro secret son, koichi
May 27, 2019 2:24 AM

Nov 2013
CondemneDio said:

Yes, but there is also a limit.
And this episode crossed that limit. Just like DIO and Jotaro spontaneously learning flying in part 3 finale.

They didn't fly, they were just punching so hard it let them leap into air.
You all need to watch Nami.

May 27, 2019 2:44 AM

Aug 2016
FLCD said:
JokerVentura said:
I love how everyone's talking about the Muda Muda and not a single mention of, holy fuck is that Polnareff at the end?

Lmfao, even sat down, the mystery man (Polnareff) is twice the size of Koichi.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
May 27, 2019 3:06 AM
Mar 2018
JokerVentura said:
FLCD said:

Lmfao, even sat down, the mystery man (Polnareff) is twice the size of Koichi.

no thats jotaros and kakyoins baby jouta kujo he was born from kakyoins egg
May 27, 2019 9:34 AM
May 2016
HyperL said:
TBH, I don't think a stand rushdown could mantain pieck hype for 1-2 minutes straight.

And what they lacked in duration was compensated by sheer number of punches.

Absolutely this. Watch a 1-2 minute long video and imagine for the entirety of its length it's just punches. They stayed entirely faithful to the manga and make the beatdown feel long and powerful, I love how every cut was 7 hard-hitting frames too. There's so many cool details that bring out the beatdown so well, like GE's punches steadily getting faster until they sound like a machine gun during Ono's god-like WRYYYYYYYYY. The last part before Cio gets knocked straight into the trash too where you can hear him cry out "YAMEROOOOOO" was also fuggin' perfect.

Edit: Also to add, I counted, in the manga there were 119 MUDAs in the beatdown, in the anime there were also the exact same amount, I don't know how you can get more faithful than that.
ModernoirMay 27, 2019 1:14 PM
May 27, 2019 2:01 PM
Apr 2018
MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA!!!!
May 27, 2019 4:06 PM

Nov 2013
Polnareff is back! Glad I wasn't spoiled on that beforehand, completely hit me by surprise. I probably should have expected old characters appearing now that I'm remembering Kouichi was in the first episode. Fight scenes were epic this week.
May 27, 2019 11:26 PM

Jul 2009
WRRRYYY! Been waiting for this.

Did not disappointed! I literally look at this panel for 5 minutes and listened to ASB voice as Giorno did his Muda/Wry.

Godlike by David Productions!

May 28, 2019 2:15 AM
Sep 2017
As much as I like the basic idea of Gold Experience’s ability, it’s just sad that it is full of contradictions, abilities popping up and disappearing. Like come on Araki, we know you have your goofy moments but try to stick to the rules you’ve written!
May 28, 2019 3:26 AM

Aug 2016
exile89 said:
Why wasnt Cioccolata able to make the tree rot and free the helicopter?

He couldn't move it to the lower altitude as it was already under him. The one Giorno makes later is right at the nose of the chopper so all he has to do is slighty edge forwards for the altitude to drop
May 28, 2019 4:51 AM

Jul 2016
GosuGian said:
POLNAREFF?!!!!!

MY MAN!!!!

So pumped to see him again. One of my all time faves
May 28, 2019 9:40 AM

May 2015
IW_Ai said:
I think Giorno's muda this week was different! What do you guys think?

theres like an extra credit at the end for the mudamudas so it might be that

IW_Ai said:
I mean, Giorno was really trying to spare Ciocollata

nah he still make the beetle regardless if cio alive or dead, you should remember that he kill polpo just because black sabbath killed mario, gio aint gonna let somebody who murdered innocent civilians for fun left unscratched

he takes what he's lost and discards what he's won, he's every bit as alive as you and I
May 28, 2019 6:30 PM

Apr 2017
CondemneDio said:
illogical turns, non-sensical arbitrary rule changes, and astronomically improbable plans working out.

Jesus christ, how have you made it this far into the series? That's the entire show!
May 28, 2019 6:34 PM

Apr 2017
CondemneDio said:
OverkilledRed said:

I mean, that's every battle involving GE. But what rule change you're talking about?

The fact that your stand can't be "caught", which probably means too far, from your body for GE healing to work.

What on earth are you talking about here? I cannot make heads or tails of this sentence.
May 28, 2019 6:38 PM

Apr 2017
Hobgoblin2099 said:
Slimcoder said:

So IT actually happens this episode for real?

Personally, I found Jotaro beating up Steely Dan better.

During the Steely Dan arc we actually see Dan do bad things to the main character so it's satisfying when he finally gets his revenge. In the Green Day arc most of the awful things Cioccolata does are to other people. So I do think the Steely Dan beatdown is more satisfying.
May 28, 2019 6:58 PM

Aug 2013
LeturLefr said:
nah he still make the beetle regardless if cio alive or dead, you should remember that he kill polpo just because black sabbath killed mario, gio aint gonna let somebody who murdered innocent civilians for fun left unscratched

You're right! I'm just overthinking everything...
I can't wait anymore! Make it faster, Letur!
May 28, 2019 9:40 PM
Oct 2014
WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
May 28, 2019 11:11 PM

Apr 2014
oceanmachine said:
Hobgoblin2099 said:

During the Steely Dan arc we actually see Dan do bad things to the main character so it's satisfying when he finally gets his revenge. In the Green Day arc most of the awful things Cioccolata does are to other people. So I do think the Steely Dan beatdown is more satisfying.

With Steely Dan, it was personal. You could feel the rage building in Jotaro every time Dan did something else, and you just couldn't wait to see Jotaro finally get the chance to whoop his ass. Sure, Cioccolata was easily the more evil villain and the bigger threat, and they tried to build some tension with Giorno constantly saying that he's a monster, but it just didn't have the same build-up. Still an awesome scene though.
May 29, 2019 12:09 AM

Jan 2013
oceanmachine said:
CondemneDio said:
illogical turns, non-sensical arbitrary rule changes, and astronomically improbable plans working out.

Jesus christ, how have you made it this far into the series? That's the entire show!

There's a certain thing called suspension of disbelief, and the earliest parts don't blow it up with a ton of explosives, unlike this season.

oceanmachine said:
CondemneDio said:

The fact that your stand can't be "caught", which probably means too far, from your body for GE healing to work.

What on earth are you talking about here? I cannot make heads or tails of this sentence.

Mista couldn't recall his stand from the heli. And for some reason Giorno could only heal if his stand was close enough. Arbitrary rules made up on the spot to keep Mista away from the fight.
I just realized there is a typo in that sentence, so that is probably why you were confused by that one.
May 29, 2019 12:24 AM
Sep 2017
CondemneDio said:
oceanmachine said:

There's a certain thing called suspension of disbelief, and the earliest parts don't blow it up with a ton of explosives, unlike this season.

oceanmachine said:

Mista couldn't recall his stand from the heli. And for some reason Giorno could only heal if his stand was close enough. Arbitrary rules made up on the spot to keep Mista away from the fight.
I just realized there is a typo in that sentence, so that is probably why you were confused by that one.

I agree but also disagree.

This fight has a lot of weird twists and Araki breaks his own rules or comes up with new ones a couple times, but I still think the fight was awesome. The fight when Giorno was on the branch sticking out from the helicopter was nice, and the beatdown ofc. It could’ve been better, but Araki had one of his ”I forgot how this works” moments.

I see a lot of manga readers criticize the Bruno vs Secco fight, but i like it more since it didn’t have any illogical changes in rules of how stands work. Like Gold Experience is a huge mess even if I like its design and ability
May 29, 2019 12:29 AM

Jul 2014
oceanmachine said:
Hobgoblin2099 said:

Right. Also, most of his victims are unnamed people.
May 29, 2019 12:32 AM

Jan 2013
Supersonic_speed said:
CondemneDio said:

I agree but also disagree.

This fight has a lot of weird twists and Araki breaks his own rules or comes up with new ones a couple times, but I still think the fight was awesome. The fight when Giorno was on the branch sticking out from the helicopter was nice, and the beatdown ofc. It could’ve been better, but Araki had one of his ”I forgot how this works” moments.

I see a lot of manga readers criticize the Bruno vs Secco fight, but i like it more since it didn’t have any illogical changes in rules of how stands work. Like Gold Experience is a huge mess even if I like its design and ability

Yea, that's cool. It's good to acknowledge if there's weird rule changes going on, but whether or not that decreases your enjoyment of the show is up to you.
May 29, 2019 12:35 AM
Nov 2017
"
CondemneDio said:
oceanmachine said:

oceanmachine said:

"Arbitrary rules made up on the spot" my ass. This was always a thing. Like don't get me wrong, I see what you're confused over, but this was never NOT the case. If you're still insistent on that it is so, please show me an example of this rule not existing beforehand. Also, the reason he couldn't recall his stand was bc of Cioccolata's Green Day putting mold on them.
May 29, 2019 12:44 AM
Apr 2012
ExodiaX said:
The 7 page muda was glorious and mal is being trash again, people like CondemneDio are absolute mood killer and should get banned. If you got nothing good to say then don't comment.

He deserves a muda muda muda muda too alright
May 29, 2019 2:37 AM
Sep 2017
Youliga said:
"
CondemneDio said:

"Arbitrary rules made up on the spot" my ass. This was always a thing. Like don't get me wrong, I see what you're confused over, but this was never NOT the case. If you're still insistent on that it is so, please show me an example of this rule not existing beforehand. Also, the reason he couldn't recall his stand was bc of Cioccolata's Green Day putting mold on them.

I mean the ”I can’t heal him unless his stand is near him” is really stupid, but if it doesn’t contradict anything then fine. But how can mold grow on a stand? Isn’t the fact that mold can’t grow on stands what saves Secco from getting wrecked by Green Day, or why doesn’t he get infected?
May 29, 2019 4:20 AM
Apr 2016
Cant wait till Diavolo is animated. Such a cool antagonist!
May 29, 2019 5:08 AM
Nov 2016
Supersonic_speed said:
Youliga said:
"

I mean the ”I can’t heal him unless his stand is near him” is really stupid, but if it doesn’t contradict anything then fine. But how can mold grow on a stand? Isn’t the fact that mold can’t grow on stands what saves Secco from getting wrecked by Green Day, or why doesn’t he get infected?
sex pistols were just wonded the mold did not grow on them
May 29, 2019 2:56 PM
Nov 2017
Supersonic_speed said:
Youliga said:
"

Ok while I don't have an explanation for that that is based on any directly stated information, I don't think it's out of the question that Cioccolata has in some way immunized Secco to his stand, since they're a pair and their stands synergize too well.

Also idk about you, but it would be more unusual to have a stand suddenly have an ability that can't affect other stands. That's never really happened before ever.
Jun 1, 2019 7:16 PM

Oct 2013
Mista's Stand again proved its awesomeness!
I loved when Number Five commented on Giorno's actions. ;D

I don't know how 7 pages long "Muda!" looked like in the manga, as for I haven't read Vento Aureo's manga, so I can't say whether it was well-adapted or not. I can only say, as anime-only viewer, that I really enjoyed it and it was satisfying to see something like this. :) By shouting "WRRRRYYY!!" Giorno fully proved he is proud Dio's son (even though he haven't seen his biological father even once).

This scene was great and such, but I must say I liked Jotaro vs. Steely Dan more when in comes to longer scenes with warcries.

Secco is mentally twisted and he proves it each it he has a scene with himself. We don't have to wonder how he became Cioccolata's ally and why he was spared by his "master" as his patient. He is dangerous, submissive and wicked. I guess it was enough for him and Cioccolata.

That ending frame... wait, I know only one person who can be alive in Vento Aureo's timeline and has a haircut like this. Is it really you, Polnareff?! :o
Jun 2, 2019 5:40 PM

Apr 2017
CondemneDio said:

The amount of illogical turns, non-sensical arbitrary rule changes, and astronomically improbable plans working out really made this painful to watch.

I can't imagine thinking that part 5 is less believable than part 4. Do we need to get into how insanely unbelievable Hayato's surveillance system is? What in part 5 comes anywhere close to that?

CondemneDio said:

Mista couldn't recall his stand because both they and he were critically injured. How were they going to get back to him, exactly? They had been cut in half. As for healing, Mista himself had not sustained the damage. He had received damage by way of his stand receiving damage. Gold Experience heals by creating new body parts. I don't see how that was going to help in this scenario, especially since the part of Mista that was receiving damage, aka his stand, was still very much within harm's way. I don't see what about any of this is "made up on the spot".
Jun 2, 2019 5:41 PM

Apr 2017
Supersonic_speed said:

I don't recall the mold ever growing on anyone's stand.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2019

153 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 6:22 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

146 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 5:45 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

264 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:50 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

110 by Seraschi »»
Mar 3, 4:52 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2018

77 by Leh_baka »»
Jan 20, 10:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.