Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 23, 2019 10:22 PM
Nov 2016
How are yall liking the new Tyler album? At first I was very skeptical, but it's starting to grow on me and I'm liking it now.
May 23, 2019 11:22 PM

Jul 2009
Only listened to most of the songs once so I can't make proper judgment yet, but they're all pretty catchy. "Igor's Theme" is my favorite because of that badass synth.
May 23, 2019 11:28 PM

Apr 2013
Ended up giving it a strong 7/3.5 on RateYourMusic compared to the 9 that Melon (Fantano) gave it for the review he recently posted for it on Youtube. Like I legit like the soundscape and the feel you can get from this album both from the sound and lyrics, Flower Boy was the sound of Tyler blooming but Igor was the sound of Tyler being at his most vulnerable. Was more of a fan of Flower Boy which I gave a strong 8 so that is mostly the reason why I decided to keep Igor at a 7. I Think was my fave track on this record.

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
May 23, 2019 11:33 PM

Jan 2019
It's good imo but I think I still like Flower Boy more. It starts of really strong, earfquake is like one of his best songs ever but after that every song sounds way too similar to me. I'm not really into the lyrics either, especially when they're mixed low as fuck it's hard to pay full attention to what he's saying.
I'm not super into it but its cool to see everyone getting hyped over it tho.
May 24, 2019 7:17 AM

Nov 2017
This man and his music keeps getting better and better. At first glance, it's the best work of Tyler's discography and a leading contender for album of the year. It tells a story that makes for every perspective of a love story and an album that does require several listens (which is why I've been having it on repeat).

Tyler is diverse with the songs, but still manages to keep the mood/vibe of the narrative and themes consistent. Igor has a cloudy and dream-like feeling to it, *Randolph Grant voice* and I love it!
May 24, 2019 3:15 PM

Jul 2017
IGOR is easily Tyler's best project. The album perfectly mixes neo-soul with psychedelic and synthfunk influences that blows away the production on all of his previous albums. Tyler also comes off more personal on this album (typical for a breakup album) which makes it his most mature and fully realized album yet. Tyler is at his most emotionally charged and resonant, it's a glimpse at a fantastic moment of artistic clarity and realization of talent.
May 24, 2019 3:32 PM
Nov 2016
HohoVFX said:
It's good imo but I think I still like Flower Boy more. It starts of really strong, earfquake is like one of his best songs ever but after that every song sounds way too similar to me. I'm not really into the lyrics either, especially when they're mixed low as fuck it's hard to pay full attention to what he's saying.

Yeah I do feel like the middle tracks of the album kind of all blend together, but yeah forreal earfquake is one of his best songs ever. That shits been on repeat since it leaked for me and Carti kills it, Tyler knew exactly how to use him on that track
May 25, 2019 5:24 AM

Jan 2019
HohoVFX said:

I've listened to it a bit more now and I think its starting to grow on me a little. I still don't find Tyler's take on a breakup album very interesting lyrically but holy shit the instrumentals sound gorgeous. Really starting to enjoy I THINK, A BOY IS A GUN, and WHAT'S GOOD, those tracks and earfquake are some of Tyler's best work for sure.
Jun 14, 2019 2:01 PM
Jul 2018
I enjoyed it kinda reminded me of Cherry Bomb
Jun 15, 2019 6:03 PM

Feb 2016
I like this side of Tyler, the video for Earfquake was hilarious. Also love the way he spells it.
I prefer my vocals for break up songs to be different but rappers hearts break too.
His dance moves are classic Tyler tho. This album showing he can do more than just rap but he doesn't forget to show he can rap as well.

Overall I think it's a very unique project but it's def some Tyler shit. He's always been different, this is him being different.

"So
Take your mask off
I need her out the picture (Wade in your water)
Take your mask off (Yeah)
Stop lyin' for these niggas
Stop lyin' to yourself
I know the real you
Don't save, don't save, don't save
Halloween ain't for a minute, lose the costume
You need to chill, okay
Been runnin' from the targets and 'em back in the day
And now they working their all, another track out the DAW
Actin' a fool, actin' a ball, we packin' the park, yeah
But I'm still runnin'
Out of time"
One of my favorite parts of the album
“The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one.”
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
Jun 15, 2019 8:44 PM

Oct 2015
wasn't a fan of it tbh :shrug: there was only one song i liked.
⠀‧⠀

Jun 17, 2019 12:29 PM
Feb 2019
I dislike his personality, do i really have to listen to his music?

More topics from this board

» AI generated OP/ED themes from imaginary anime that I came up with. (Over 20 songs and counting!)

FFandMMfan - 4 hours ago

0 by FFandMMfan »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » The Sopranos vs The Wire vs Breaking Bad

DOSS300 - 4 hours ago

0 by DOSS300 »»
4 hours ago

» What Are Your Thoughts On The Owl House?

Enderobot - 6 hours ago

1 by Amityblight »»
5 hours ago

» What's the worst movie you've ever watched? ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Feb 10, 2017

117 by Otakupervert890 »»
7 hours ago

» Favorite childhood TV shows?

56709 - Apr 17

12 by 56709 »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.