Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2019 10:19 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Not your right hand or left hand! You're you!

Seriously though, I want to see how much more Hachimaru wil show in this series. It's only 3 chapters but he has a lot of potential.
May 23, 2019 10:29 PM

Mar 2015
Rival i guess? not bad. well, compare to sasuke, definitely not big accomplishment. still, too vague and uncertain motive.

time for explanation, so didn't try to make our MC underdog?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 23, 2019 11:36 PM

Jan 2009
welp Nanashi did not do a harakiri to become a full samurai in this chapter and they are gonna part ways for now since Hachimaru is gonna go to space

and ye i hope they reveal what or who is Hachimaru anyway but im not gonna be surprise if its just gonna tease some details and leave some greater mysteries about his identity for future chapters
May 23, 2019 11:43 PM
Apr 2014
So what's Nanashi going to be? Lover or rival, lol.

8maru seems to be another chosen one
May 24, 2019 12:44 AM
Nov 2018
Cutting cakes heh? So does japanese tradition also follows the cutting of cake in wedding? Lol.
Well they parted ways for now.

Well i think hachimaru became weak asf due to his father's deeds on him ,maybe not, but we'll find out soon i guess.
May 24, 2019 1:20 AM

Aug 2017
Awww I wanted to see Nanashi's Samurai mode.

Hope it doesn't take too long.
I used to be a watchmaker.
May 24, 2019 1:45 AM
Apr 2016
nanashi's looks like a girl here
May 24, 2019 4:08 PM
Dec 2012
I like this world. I cant wait for hachimaru going to space. As of now the plot is a bit mediocre but there are only 3 charters so lets give it some time. Liking it so far!!
May 24, 2019 6:02 PM
we back

Aug 2015
I absolutely loved the panel where the cut the cannon ball, and the panel where they cut the cake tank was sick too.

I'm enjoying this series so far.
May 24, 2019 7:14 PM

Oct 2014
I really, really hope that this series will keep up with the good transgender representation!
I hope Nanashi will be ok <3 she's so precious
Loving this manga.
May 25, 2019 11:35 AM

Jul 2015
Please Make Nanashi come back soon

I personally hope Nanashi becomes Hachimaru's lover,depending upon if Nanashi is female.

Also seems like next chapter we may get some info on Hachimaru and his father.

May 26, 2019 10:45 AM

Sep 2011
Alright chap, nothing special but im enjoying the series nonetheless. I can actually believe that rumor that this series isnt gonna be all that long (think its 10 volumes what the rumor said) if we we are only really sticking to just mc and his master as the only main characters.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 26, 2019 10:51 AM
Jan 2018
When does the official translation get released
May 26, 2019 11:45 AM
May 2013
I hope that the story doesn't rely too much on Nakama Power. Of the chapters released so far, this is my least favorite. It wasn't a bad chapter, but nothing unexpected really happened. I imagine the story will really take off once we get to outer space so I hope that happens pretty soon.
May 26, 2019 3:29 PM
Feb 2019
I’m interested to see what happens with his dad and how that affects his powers. I thought this chapter was cute and I enjoyed it - I think I’d be happy with Nanashi being either a rival or a love interest, or possibly both. I really like Nanashi.
May 26, 2019 3:30 PM

Jan 2016
Maybe we're going to have both pov... I would like to see each path and Hachimaru/Nanashi alternate by time to time... Kindda like Miyamoto Masashi and Kojiro Sasaki in Vagabond. But it wouldn't take 7 volumes to end an arc this time. (I prefer to imagine that than Naruto/Sasuke switching)

I'm loving all the possibilities the manga is giving us. I'm finding Nanashi pretty interesting. He's cute, and even if I'm the less feminine man ever, I'm liking him for his bunny teeth it reminds me of my biggest complex in my childhood... That and the anxiety I developped along it.
I mean Kishimoto's killing it for us readers to become attached to characters we see ourselves in, and that since Naruto. (can be cheesy, but it is a quality)

Another point is about the 'love interest' we can see here... Not saying that Nanashi's gonna be a bad trans character. But I don't think we're gonna focus on that. (better not be disappointed by Kishimoto not knowing how to deal with it)
Nanashi's just gonna be a really good reliable friend, and some moments will be ambiguous I think, his/her 'difference' is going to show up on several occasions, but yeah it's a story about sci-fi samurai. Nanashi's gonna be the cool and cute samurai companion. (with the two personalities in his hands acting through his mood, which makes him even more unique!) Won't make him/her a bad character or a bad depiction of a trans teenager. You don't need to have a concrete love story, in my opinion. (and as Nanashi don't know how to deal with people, could fell in love with a bunch lot of other characters,we don't know yet) What's for sure is that Kishimoto and Okubo are going to depict the actual society and world we're living in with people's psychology,etc... (wich has quite evolved arround the years in the world and in Japan, since Naruto and before...)

And the art from Ohkubo is also great! Its differencies with Kishimoto's art are a really good add up! All those details on the panel of the tank being cut are pretty amazing! (makes me think of some Akira aesthetic, all of those futuristic technology designs)

... Just a bit worried about the pacing. It feels a bit rushed, but still decent. I guess, when he said he had learn from his mistakes, he was thinking about all the flashbacks, sum-ups, preparation chapters (especially in the last Ninja War 4 Arc) he made... So yeah, don't know if the rumors of it becoming a monthly release are correct? But I don't hope and I don't think so... We need at least one competitor fbeing able to face One Piece already!
Sw3atMay 26, 2019 3:52 PM
May 26, 2019 3:33 PM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
I was not expecting Nanashi to be a love interest. Rather bold move to do that. I guess we're betting backstory next week. That moment with the tank looked really good! I love the art & setting of this series. I just hope we see varying civilization in space.
May 26, 2019 3:42 PM

Nov 2018
Nameless is basically what Haku would be as a MC. After this chapter 100% obvious she's a girl, just a trap who looks like a boy. A rivalry/love interest-type of relationship is fine as long as no harem bullshit or misdirection happens, would massively degrade the series for me. Just focus of these two and build it up from there.
May 26, 2019 7:39 PM
Aug 2018
Really digging the character designs of the samurai in this series, that giant boar holder looked pretty cool as well. I like the concept of katanas having an ID reader to make sure only the wielder can use it, seems people are trying to mitigate the amount of weapons falling into the wrong hands. Nice bit of world building, hopefully that will apply to more things like spaceships and other more destructive weapons. I can see Kishi implementing hackers into the series to counter this aspect of the world.

Best fight scene so far imo, in the previous fight scenes the decisive blow was either not shown or was very understated, whereas in this chapter we got a huge panel of the tank being cut in half. Kind of weird how the driver is seemingly still in one piece though. I also liked that sequence where Hachimaru is trying and failing to draw the katana, the next panel we see another hand grab the handle, followed by the projectile being cut. To reveal in the next panel it was Nanashi helping Hachmaru and the two halves of the shell exploding behind them.

Surprised Nanashi didn’t become a samurai and join Hachimaru, but it’s probably for the best. The current three main characters should get more fleshed out before throwing another character into the mix. Hachimaru wants to be the next shooting star but right now it isn’t really clear what that entails yet. There’s also his father who seems to have some history with Bushi and the matter of how he managed to acquire such a legendary samurai soul.
May 27, 2019 5:50 PM

Nov 2012
They cut a cake shaped tank already haha, so did they already cut the cake?

Great chapter, I really like where this series is heading, has a lot of potential. Still hoping we get some more characters Hachimaru's age, maybe a proper rival since Nameless seems more of a ship now to me.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Jun 23, 2019 6:13 AM

Jan 2011
Now cutting that tank really gave me Dragon Ball feels.
Jul 11, 2020 5:55 AM

Aug 2019
Now I want Nanashi to be a male. I would rather Nanashi's gender to be unknown than be female

More topics from this board

Poll: » Samurai 8: Hachimaru Den Chapter 43 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Thorf - Mar 22, 2020

50 by Ranxomare »»
Jan 17, 2023 11:45 AM

Poll: » Samurai 8: Hachimaru Den Chapter 42 Discussion

deg - Mar 15, 2020

4 by Ranxomare »»
Jan 17, 2023 11:40 AM

Poll: » Samurai 8: Hachimaru Den Chapter 41 Discussion

deg - Mar 8, 2020

9 by Ranxomare »»
Jan 17, 2023 11:37 AM

Poll: » Samurai 8: Hachimaru Den Chapter 40 Discussion

deg - Mar 1, 2020

10 by Ranxomare »»
Jan 17, 2023 11:33 AM

Poll: » Samurai 8: Hachimaru Den Chapter 39 Discussion

deg - Feb 21, 2020

12 by Ranxomare »»
Jan 17, 2023 11:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.