Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 26, 2019 2:38 PM

Aug 2012
Gythia said:
QPR said:
Sniffing rather than blowing their nose.

Seeing a fish head in a bowl is disgusting to me, I wouldn't fancy eating eye slime.

Pretty sure it's because we don't have any tissue on us 24/7.. also, we don't eat eyes..
Some parts of Asia do :D
They're delicious

May 26, 2019 3:13 PM

Sep 2018
The culture of society not doing anything when somebody is in obvious distress or even bullied/attacked. Head down and keep on walking.
May 27, 2019 9:07 PM
May 2019
Being better than you at literary almost anything. Weird.
May 27, 2019 10:31 PM
Jul 2018
japan produces some weird cartoons, omg they are so weird, ruined my eyesight :(((((
May 27, 2019 11:00 PM

Oct 2015
the practice of eating live octopus
May 27, 2019 11:24 PM
Jul 2018
Gonna list Japan's stuff as that the only Asian country I know enough about:
-The hit the nail that sticks out as something they honestly follow by
-Obsession with cuteness that bleeds out to their beauty standard
-One of the skinniest nations with an ideal BMI of 19 or 20, but wants to get skinner to like 17 and become underweight
-School uniforms
-Thinks English sounds cool when they have a better language
-Lots of complicated rules on chopsticks
-They bow a lot

litolily said:
Second that.
May 27, 2019 11:33 PM

Sep 2012
Silverstorm said:
Yomiyuki said:
well, thoughts?
i know there are a lot of people here of asian descent, and technically, since i'm half-mexican, i too am somewhat asian.
Infinietly more curious about your sentence lol

What does identifying half a nationality have to do with anything? And how does sharing Mexican ancestry make something Asian (e.g. somewhat)? I read it like "And technically, I too am somewhat Asian since I'm half-Mexican". Gotta admit it inherently leads to questions for clarity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_history_of_indigenous_peoples_of_the_Americas

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/2012/jul/native-american-populations-descend-three-key-migrations

Scientists have found that Native American populations - from Canada to the southern tip of Chile - arose from at least three migrations, with the majority descended entirely from a single group of First American migrants that crossed over through Beringia, a land bridge between Asia and America that existed during the ice ages, more than 15,000 years ago.
deg said:
balut (Balut (food), a boiled fertilized egg, a popular food in parts of Asia) is also considered disgusting by many foreigners here and it has health concerns too so ye they have the right to be disgusted about it

this reminds me of blood sausages that the british eat for some reason. it also seems really fucking gross.

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

May 27, 2019 11:54 PM

Sep 2012
litolily said:
slow down there sport, how many asians do you know that have been on MAL as long and consistently as i have?
Noboru said:
Not really weird, but I've always found it a bit peculiar how some Eastern Asian tourists rush around with their cameras as if they didn't even have time to enjoy their vacations.

Silverstorm said:
What does identifying half a nationality have to do with anything? And how does sharing Mexican ancestry make something Asian (e.g. somewhat)?
I think that's just the original poster's way to say how he also feels like belonging to the group of Asians, since Mexicans also share Mongoloid blood. In the same manner, I could also say that due to history and how I look, it's very possible that I have some Mongoloid blood in me as well.

aryan and med CHADS, hand in hand.

Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

May 28, 2019 12:00 AM

Jan 2009
@Yomiyuki

there is some disgusting food here that taste super good though and i cannot get enough of it when its available this one https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinuguan
May 28, 2019 12:19 AM

Sep 2012
Kuroko-chan said:
Being half Mexican it doesn't mean you're Asian. From what I know Mexicans are latinos, because they're related to Spain which is in Europe, not in Asia. And as somebody else stated before, where's the other half?

i think hispanic is the word you're looking for. i have always seen "latino" as a meme word the USA uses to describe someone from latin america. "hispanic" is the one that denotes a connection to spain.

as for my other half, i don't know? white, i guess?
i'm not sure of the exact percentages, but considering how pale i get, i'd say there's probably a significant amount of western/north european in me.

Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

May 28, 2019 12:29 AM

Jan 2017
Aidoru-Ojisan said:
Asians eat literally every part of the Animal, it's so weird that they don't waste parts of Animals like we North Americans do!!!! (but pretty sure some states use all parts of the cow too for cooking)
I'd say mexicans eat even more. All my childhood friends were mexican and 90% of the time I was over at their house they would be cooking up all sorts of crazy sh*t lmao. still tasted good tho
May 28, 2019 1:07 AM
Aug 2016
Yomiyuki said:
Kuroko-chan said:
Being half Mexican it doesn't mean you're Asian. From what I know Mexicans are latinos, because they're related to Spain which is in Europe, not in Asia. And as somebody else stated before, where's the other half?

i think hispanic is the word you're looking for. i have always seen "latino" as a meme word the USA uses to describe someone from latin america. "hispanic" is the one that denotes a connection to spain.

as for my other half, i don't know? white, i guess?
i'm not sure of the exact percentages, but considering how pale i get, i'd say there's probably a significant amount of western/north european in me.

Ok, but hispanic plus white doesn't equal asian, you know that right? You can't mix together 2 different things and obtain something totally different, and not a mixture between those two. It's like saying you mix coke with milk and obtain tea. That's not how things work
May 28, 2019 5:34 AM
May 2019
Nightmare21st said:
They eat cats and dogs (specifically the Chinese)

Yea biggest point imo lol, I could never do that : )
May 28, 2019 5:38 AM

Mar 2018
Why they like to kill themselves like wtf???
Help stop the spread of Korean propaganda (KPrOP) and sign this petition!
http://chng.it/Yw8Vzwk4Tg
May 28, 2019 10:21 AM

Jan 2009
Kuroko-chan said:
Ok, but hispanic plus white doesn't equal asian, you know that right?
Hispanic people, like the Mexicans, can be Caucasian (Eurasian descent) + Mongoloid (Asian descent), so it might not be totally different, except the Mexican part contains only ancestors of European descent. But even then, the native Americans are seen as "red", while the Asians are seen as "yellow", so at most, they have a mutual descent in the closer past. More information in this thread.

Yomiyuki said:
Med? Did you mean: Mexican? If so, it would have made for an interesting alternative timeline had Mexico successfully invaded the USA and prevented them from supporting the Entente powers.
May 28, 2019 10:43 AM

Jun 2015
not sure if this is wierd in a good or bad way, but it definetly stands out compared to the standards of my country:

the rigorous education/work schedules, and the extreme societal pressure to climb the corporate ladder. I'd expect there to be some sort of large organized backlash against it, sort of like a people's rights movement, but instead it seems like there's just widespread conformity.
May 28, 2019 1:58 PM
Aug 2016
Noboru said:
Kuroko-chan said:
Hispanic people, like the Mexicans, can be Caucasian (Eurasian descent) + Mongoloid (Asian descent), so it might not be totally different, except the Mexican part contains only ancestors of European descent. But even then, the native Americans are seen as "red", while the Asians are seen as "yellow", so at most, they have a mutual descent in the closer past. More information in this thread

Wow, you really did some research. I bet you spent some time searching for that JUST to prove me wrong. And even that way, the guy is still not sure about his origins, so there's a big possibility that he doesn't have any Asian descendents or origins.
And f we think further, all of us on the planet are related since we all come from a common ancestor and from there we diversed into different races and even species, for example we are family not just between us, but with gorillas, chimps, and other apes aswell.
May 28, 2019 5:09 PM

Mar 2011
Kuroko-chan said:
Noboru said:
Hispanic people, like the Mexicans, can be Caucasian (Eurasian descent) + Mongoloid (Asian descent), so it might not be totally different, except the Mexican part contains only ancestors of European descent. But even then, the native Americans are seen as "red", while the Asians are seen as "yellow", so at most, they have a mutual descent in the closer past. More information in this thread

Wow, you really did some research. I bet you spent some time searching for that JUST to prove me wrong. And even that way, the guy is still not sure about his origins, so there's a big possibility that he doesn't have any Asian descendents or origins.
And f we think further, all of us on the planet are related since we all come from a common ancestor and from there we diversed into different races and even species, for example we are family not just between us, but with gorillas, chimps, and other apes aswell.
Hm, can't tell someone what they "are" or tell them to believe how it originated. I do know that science linked are narratives being tested. More than not, people that put faith in the 'migratory patterns of people' that only a few genetic samples exist do not take into consideration the nuances of what they cite. I know from first hand much of the terms used are out of context (I used the same 'evidence' to have a researcher embarrass me cause I thought I knew things with certainty).
And Latino wasn't something to originate from the US--a term now popularized in the US though.
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
May 30, 2019 5:53 AM

Jul 2013
smol pp ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

May 30, 2019 7:21 AM

Apr 2010
Gythia said:
xxxTypeOxxx said:
They eat lots of rice, and every second one of them know those martial arts n'sheet!

Here where I live, there's an unspoken rule about meals, No rice = doesn't count as a meal.

Need to agree on this. We Asians have rice with every edible things such as, noodles, pizza, chicken wings even ice cream. Though trust me eveyrone, it tastes freaking good. Have you tried mango sticky rice?
I feel so blue ... you are my world ... but you are not mine
May 30, 2019 10:58 AM
Jul 2018
bonauditeur said:
Gythia said:

Here where I live, there's an unspoken rule about meals, No rice = doesn't count as a meal.

Need to agree on this. We Asians have rice with every edible things such as, noodles, pizza, chicken wings even ice cream. Though trust me eveyrone, it tastes freaking good. Have you tried mango sticky rice?

Never tried Pizza/Ice cream with rice, but have tried the others, mango sticky rice is ok, wasn't really my taste
May 30, 2019 11:17 AM

Jan 2009
p0ckyy said:
op, you are half mexiCAN, what is the other half?

i would say uniformity is pervasive throughout all asian cultures, following convention or tradition. anything that veers off from this is looked down upon, even estranged. i feel weird around my own kind tbh. i have an expectation that they want me to be a certain way in order for them to accept me. i am anxious around them because i don’t fit in that preconceived view that i think they want me to be. stupid, i know. i should be myself more... fuck what they think. considering this, i don’t find myself easily associating with my own kind.

also, i would say asians care too much what others think and have to uphold a certain degree of propriety. this lacks individuality and refinement in personality. it’s the rough edges, or flaws that make someone stand out, and it makes someone appear more “human”.

this is the classic western individualism vs asian collectivism that i mention in another thread too

if i remember right you are a filipino too right? from my observation of the youth here they do not care much about collectivism anymore and because the economy is growing as well as internet access is spreading i think individualism is starting to be relevant here too

as an example church attendance is declining for years now here so some traditions like that are fading away

Jun 4, 2019 9:32 PM

Sep 2012
Noboru said:
Kuroko-chan said:
Hispanic people, like the Mexicans, can be Caucasian (Eurasian descent) + Mongoloid (Asian descent), so it might not be totally different, except the Mexican part contains only ancestors of European descent. But even then, the native Americans are seen as "red", while the Asians are seen as "yellow", so at most, they have a mutual descent in the closer past. More information in this thread.

Yomiyuki said:
Med? Did you mean: Mexican? If so, it would have made for an interesting alternative timeline had Mexico successfully invaded the USA and prevented them from supporting the Entente powers.
i meant mediterranean. the majority of what i am is mediterranean. it was a meme, genosse.

Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » representation or relatability ?

soniyay - Apr 14

28 by deg »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » People who leave MAL (finish the thought)

IpreferEcchi - 9 hours ago

4 by deg »»
15 minutes ago

» Top 10 most iconic manga creators objectively ranked

AlphaMaleScotty - 5 hours ago

5 by deg »»
25 minutes ago

» Do you ever miss old/former online friends?

pludel2 - Apr 10

36 by ninjaberserker »»
42 minutes ago

Poll: » How will things look in 40 - 50 years?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 7

35 by Spunkert »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.