Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 22, 2019 8:46 PM
Jul 2018
10:30PM My Hero Academia Episode 51 “Moving into Dorms”

11:00PM Dragon Ball Super Episode 112 “A Saiyan Oath! Vegeta’s Resolve!!”

11:30PM Attack on Titan Season 3 Episode 13 “The Town Where Everything Began” (SEASON PREMIERE)

12:00AM The Promised Neverland Episode 7 “011145”

12:30AM Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 17 “Truce”

1:00AM JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable Episode 37 “Shining D (Diamond) Is Unbreakable Part 1”

1:30AM Black Clover Episode 71 “The Uncrowned, Undefeated Lioness”

2:00AM Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 32 “The Quest For Souvenirs”

2:30AM Naruto Shippuden Episode 251 “The Man Named Kisame”

3:00AM Hunter x Hunter Episode 144 “Approval x And x Coalition”

What is Toonami?
Toonami is an action cartoon programming block that airs Saturday nights from 10:30PM-3:30AM on Adult Swim. Adult Swim shares a channel with Cartoon Network, so if you get Cartoon Network, you also get Adult Swim, and thus Toonami. Toonami is only available in the United States. You can watch Toonami via the following:
-Cable TV (as long as you have the channel)
-The Adult Swim app or website (cable login required)
-PlayStation Vue
-Hulu with Live TV
-Fubo
-Sling TV
-DirecTV Now
-Any other streaming service that carries Cartoon Network in the US.
If you want more information on the block, look here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toonami

There is a subreddit for Toonami, r/Toonami. It is an unofficial subreddit, but since there is no official subreddit, it’s the closest we can get. The people that run the subreddit are great people though, and you should check it out if you’re interested, in either the new block or the old one: https://www.reddit.com/r/Toonami/

Finally, the subreddit does have a discord server run by the same people that run the subreddit. It’s called /r/Toonami. I don’t have a link, but if you search for “Toonami” on discord, the server should pop up. Again, if you enjoy new Toonami, Classic Toonami, or just anime in general (there are a few people in the server that don’t watch), then you should check it out. It’s really fun!
May 22, 2019 8:55 PM

Jun 2015
Thank you for the interesting info.
May 22, 2019 9:12 PM

Feb 2016
Might have to watch some commercials to throw it back to my childhood.
“The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one.”
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
May 22, 2019 9:33 PM
Aug 2018
njr428 said:

11:30PM Attack on Titan Season 3 Episode 13 “The Town Where Everything Began” (SEASON PREMIERE)

1:00AM JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable Episode 37 “Shining D (Diamond) Is Unbreakable Part 1”

What is Toonami?
Toonami is an action cartoon programming block that airs Saturday nights from 10:30PM-3:30AM on Adult Swim. Adult Swim shares a channel with Cartoon Network, so if you get Cartoon Network, you also get Adult Swim, and thus Toonami. Toonami is only available in the United States. You can watch Toonami via the following:
-PlayStation Vue
-Hulu with Live TV
-Fubo
-Sling TV
-DirecTV Now
If you want more information on the block, look here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toonami

There is a subreddit for Toonami, r/Toonami. It is an unofficial subreddit, but since there is no official subreddit, it’s the closest we can get. The people that run the subreddit are great people though, and you should check it out if you’re interested, in either the new block or the old one: https://www.reddit.com/r/Toonami/

Finally, the subreddit does have a discord server run by the same people that run the subreddit. It’s called /r/Toonami. I don’t have a link, but if you search for “Toonami” on discord, the server should pop up. Again, if you enjoy new Toonami, Classic Toonami, or just anime in general (there are a few people in the server that don’t watch), then you should check it out. It’s really fun!

Nice advertisement (did they pay you?)
Living in a middle of a ruined world
May 22, 2019 9:48 PM

Jul 2016
Who even cares? Do people even watch TV at this point?
May 22, 2019 10:09 PM
Jul 2018
MountainOfIrony said:
njr428 said:

What is Toonami?
-PlayStation Vue
-Hulu with Live TV
-Fubo
-Sling TV
-DirecTV Now

Nice advertisement (did they pay you?)

Nah. I really love the block though. I wouldn’t know about most of the shows without it
May 22, 2019 10:13 PM
Aug 2018

5 shows???............................
Living in a middle of a ruined world
May 22, 2019 10:31 PM
Jul 2018
MountainOfIrony said:

5 shows???............................

You forget the past shows. Most of the stuff they’ve aired since 2012
May 22, 2019 11:54 PM

May 2018
Wow, battle shounen fanboys are sooo CAPS LOCK enthusiastic!!!

Come on guys, try watching something else for a change...
May 23, 2019 12:03 AM
Feb 2014
Crazy. Around 5 years ago I would have never expected JoJo to make it on that network.
May 23, 2019 12:05 AM

Aug 2016
I do watch a few toonami shows, but only the ones I want to rewatch. Not going to post on reddit since I have another place to discuss it.
May 23, 2019 12:28 AM

Nov 2016
MemeRetro said:
All those shows are garbage aside from hxh. The absolute state of toonami.

Lets not forget JoJo Part 4. The Promised Neverland is ok too.
May 23, 2019 1:03 AM
May 2016
Optigisa said:
Who even cares? Do people even watch TV at this point?

I don’t I’ll probably won’t even buy cable when I have my own place

MemeRetro said:
All those shows are garbage aside from dragonball

Here I fixed it for you

njr428 said:

Talk about reaching for the bottom of the barrel
May 23, 2019 1:00 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Who watches anything on TV anymore?
May 23, 2019 1:06 PM

Apr 2015
I used to watch Toonami when I didn't have a phone or laptop, watched Black Lagoon and Space Dandy on Toonami.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
May 25, 2019 5:21 PM

Apr 2014
toonami is still a thing? nice i might have to check some of their listings
May 25, 2019 11:05 PM

Sep 2012
adult swim and those man-children execs they have in charge of toonami really screwed up big time with how badly they squandered the block's potential.
it could've been a nice little revival thing with decent ratings that reached a certain popularity, but instead you had self-sabotaging shit right from it's inception.

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

May 25, 2019 11:45 PM
Jul 2018
Yomiyuki said:
adult swim and those man-children execs they have in charge of toonami really screwed up big time with how badly they squandered the block's potential.
it could've been a nice little revival thing with decent ratings that reached a certain popularity, but instead you had self-sabotaging shit right from it's inception.

Thing is, those same execs you called man-children are the ones that ran it back in the early 2000’s. The block is still strong, and you can’t argue that it isn’t. I’d also like to point out that other comments in this thread saying things like “who even watches TV anymore” are just stupid. In fact, Toonami is the only thing I watch on TV anymore. Because I love each anime they air. I want other people to be able to enjoy that too, so I try to spread the word of its existence around as much as possible.
May 26, 2019 12:02 AM

Sep 2012
njr428 said:
Yomiyuki said:

Thing is, those same execs you called man-children are the ones that ran it back in the early 2000’s. The block is still strong, and you can’t argue that it isn’t. I’d also like to point out that other comments in this thread saying things like “who even watches TV anymore” are just stupid. In fact, Toonami is the only thing I watch on TV anymore. Because I love each anime they air. I want other people to be able to enjoy that too, so I try to spread the word of its existence around as much as possible.
should've worded that better. i meant to implicate adult swim execs too that really didn't help the block out in it's fledgling years. shit like samurai 7, that god awful tenchi show, and eureka 7 really didn't help build an audience and keep the momentum going. keeping a show like one piece on, even though it was literally killing ratings, just because demarco(toonami exec) really liked it, is one example of how dumb they were. i could go and on, but there is probably a better thread for me to go further into how badly they ran the block's revival.

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

May 26, 2019 10:58 AM

Jul 2007
njr428 said:

This is the best Dragon Ball episode ever made.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

May 26, 2019 8:23 PM

Nov 2008
While I am rewatching Promised Neverland and SAO in this block, I really prefer the subbed versions.

The dubs on Toonami are just something I'll flip to if I'm in the mood. lol

More topics from this board

» what's the worst anime you've watched and what exactly was the worst part of it ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Apr 7

59 by Bruh69XD »»
1 minute ago

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - 51 minutes ago

7 by deg »»
4 minutes ago

» Do you watch anything else besides anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 21

81 by BilboBaggins365 »»
5 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

83 by FanofAction »»
7 minutes ago

» Characters you like but everyone else hates. ( 1 2 )

Spunkert - May 17, 2023

50 by Bruh69XD »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.