Forum Settings
Forums
May 25, 2019 5:43 AM

1. Made in Abyss
2. Shinsekai Yori
3. Sora Yori mo Tooi Basho
4. Shirobako
5. Hibike! Euphonium
6. Yagate Kimi ni Naru (classic for the yuri community).

It’s going to be hard, but I’d be happy to see them become classics (or cult) in their respective communities.

May 25, 2019 12:44 PM
Can some here help me find an anime I can't seem to find it no matter how much I search I don't know the name I just saw a picture of a character

May 25, 2019 8:57 PM

Boybandboy said:
Can some here help me find an anime I can't seem to find it no matter how much I search I don't know the name I just saw a picture of a character

Try asking that question in this forum: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1751300
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 26, 2019 7:18 AM

felipeliborio said:
Heldengeist said:
Nothing. Most of what came out this decade is too new to be considered eligible. Maybe the first 1-3 years can pass, but since time tells what's becomes a classic, the rest needs to wait.

I think you can see Mob, Hunter x Hunter and Madoka becoming classics a mile away. There's no way these anime will be forgotten.

I can see the potential in a lot of series. But most of them are still too new to be considered classics.

Oct 4, 2019 6:30 PM
Just want to know which anime do you reckon will become a modern classic

Oct 4, 2019 6:48 PM

I kinda considered Angel Beats and Lucky Star as modern classics due to their popularity, but it seems there's a good amount of people who actually hate these two.

Edit 10/5/2019 - somehow I didn't even mention Madoka Magica
Modified by Fario-P, Oct 5, 2019 6:22 PM

Oct 4, 2019 7:06 PM

I'm pretty sure 30 years from now we'll be telling the newbies about the glory that was Bananya (https://myanimelist.net/anime/32664/Bananya)

Oct 4, 2019 7:09 PM
Attack on titan for sure, also my hero academia. Not my favorites but those two are really popular. Food Wars could become a classic too

Oct 4, 2019 7:16 PM

Depends on country, in the West, Naruto is considered a modern classic, same with One Piece, FMA, and Bleach. Japan is anyones guess, sure you have One Piece and Naruto being modern classics, but then you have anime like This who are on the verge of being modern classics (do note that one of characters in Sispri is a Vtuber, the 1st anime character as a Vtuber is Super Sonico), also SAO might be a modern classic (your mileage may vary on this one). Also the Fate anime are also on the verge of being modern classics.

Oct 4, 2019 7:40 PM
:)))))))))))))))

I think Vinland Saga will be. I think everyone would agree Violet Evergarden has become one. Shinsekai Yori is one I wish would become a modern classic.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Oct 4, 2019 9:08 PM
Monster
Rainbow
Boku Dake ga inai Machi

Oct 4, 2019 9:20 PM

A lot of the shows people are saying are already at least a decade old, and considering TV anime as we know it has only existed for a little over 60 years, I wouldn't say that's "modern" by anime standards.

If I were to say something recent, it would be Made in Abyss. One of the most unique anime I've seen in recent years.
Modified by HeruruMeruru, Oct 4, 2019 9:26 PM

Oct 4, 2019 9:32 PM

Recently finished A place further than the universe, and it meets all the requirements to be a modern classic:
->Made by Madhouse
->CGDCT
->Kana Hanazawa
It may not be as impactful as K-On! but I can see it being remembered throughout the next decade. Same thing might be applied for Attack on Titan, One punch man and Mob psycho 100.
*plays The Rain Song*

Oct 4, 2019 11:16 PM

Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. for an obvious answer

Oct 4, 2019 11:25 PM

Fario-P said:
I kinda considered Angel Beats and Lucky Star as modern classics due to their popularity, but it seems there's a good amount of people who actually hate these two.

im gonna tell you that a lack of universal approval might not stop something from being considered a classic lol

Oct 5, 2019 1:41 AM

Kaguya sama will be remembered as romcom modern classic
“The sound of the Gion Shoja temple bells echoes the impermanence of all things;
The color of the sala flowers reveals the truth that to flourish is to fall.
The proud do not endure, like a passing dream on a night in spring;
The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.”

Oct 5, 2019 1:43 AM

Thesra said:
Monster
Rainbow
Boku Dake ga inai Machi
Monster is old and not modern in anyway.
Should I troll in the troll bait threads? It is kinda idiotic to be logical in the troll bait threads. Well, it will depend on my mood.

Oct 5, 2019 1:46 AM
Manaban said:
Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. for an obvious answer

LOL idk the show isnt eyepopping in anyway, didnt revolutionsize the genre etc

Oct 5, 2019 1:47 AM

Fario-P said:
Angel beats is a classic (atleast for me). Never saw lucky star but if you are talking about hate then every popular thing gets hate either it's death note, attack on titan etc. The thing matter is how the thing actually is. There can be hidden classics too.
Modified by puneetsingh, Oct 5, 2019 1:51 AM
Should I troll in the troll bait threads? It is kinda idiotic to be logical in the troll bait threads. Well, it will depend on my mood.

Oct 5, 2019 1:52 AM

https://myanimelist.net/anime/14075/Zetsuen_no_Tempest

When the next generation discovers it.

Oct 5, 2019 1:55 AM

I personally kinda hate to say it but SAO will probs be considered a classic. It is the main cause of why the Isekai genre has blown up. Also probably made in abyss will be a classic aswell as konasuba and No game no life, and well the fate series isnt going anywere so it probably will still be going in 30 years XD

Oct 5, 2019 2:04 AM

Oct 5, 2019 2:24 AM

Well about animated movies (still animes for me) I'd say mainstream movies such as Kimi no na wa & Koe no katachi.
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.

Oct 5, 2019 2:33 AM
100% attack on titan
I read the manga and i think i will be the greatest anime of all time when final season airs

Oct 5, 2019 2:43 AM
hello,

Im becoming frustrated with seasonal anime, even the stuff people say is good ends up being boring and bland

so essentially im asking for recommendations, Shows that you consider "a Modern classic" something you expect will be remembered fondly in the future

You are almost asking us the same question

i don't like the cheap style of modern anime

why not watch retro anime when you are not satisfied with most modern shows ? There are so many shows that are considered classics and stood the test of time. You should be able to find something that you like

thanks and regard

Oct 5, 2019 2:55 AM

Pingu

But for real I think Space Dandy will be a modern classic. Has a little bit of something for everyone.

Oct 5, 2019 3:04 AM

shingeki no kyojin

the story, direction, animation and ost are extremely good
looking at the manga now, everything is just masterpiece for me
if the studio did justice later in the final season, i believe lots of people will consider SnK as one of the modern classic anime

Oct 5, 2019 3:10 AM
Hunter X Hunter 2011. Tbh it's easily the best show of the decade. Parasyte and the amazing current Vinland Saga too. Everything else has been ok to just plain trash.

Oct 5, 2019 5:06 AM

You mean series after 2010?

Depends who will classify them as classics. If it is anime fans, expect some unorganised and whimsical chaos. If it is anime critics, expect films like Ghibili and Akira and series like Cowboy Bebop.

Positive thing is that now those series are watched simultaneously by all viewers in Japan and abroad so votes will be more representative

Eg one reads today that series like Ranma, Maison Ikkoku, Kimagure Orange Road, Touch, Lupin III, LOTGH etc are classics, when only a few countries got them on TV butchered or for a limited time or not at all.

Oct 5, 2019 5:23 AM
Forum Moderator
If I were to interpret modern as being released post 2010 then I think Madoka Magica has the potential to if it's not classic already. Same goes for NNB, Fate/Zero, Monogatari, Steins;Gate, Made in Abyss etc.

From less famous, but potentially very impactful, series I think 3-gatsu no Lion and Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu could become classics among people looking for more advanced entertainment (kinda like Monster, LoGH or other more serious series are now).
Modified by MrZawa, Oct 5, 2019 5:27 AM

Oct 5, 2019 6:25 AM
When it gets an anime, SPY X FAMILY will go down as a classic.

Oct 5, 2019 6:36 AM
kimetsu no yaiba and attack on Titan

Oct 5, 2019 6:42 AM
Sing For Me Miku

Little Witch Academia and Yuru Camp.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]