Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
May 22, 2019 9:56 AM

Mar 2019
Ok so first thing first.Man,Tatsumaki is powerful.And I don't know if this would be a topic continued in the following episodes(reffering to the pill that can transform people into monsters).
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

May 22, 2019 10:16 AM
Jan 2018
this has more action then season 1 right ?? and more then mob pysho if so

i wonder if a another studio could actually keep good quality going for 12 episodes or would like struggle doing it
May 22, 2019 11:06 AM

May 2017
Leo said:
Saitama vs Suiryu was great. Suiryu even survived a punch from Saitama.
nope actually saitama pulled out on the punch at last moment.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 2019 1:46 PM

Dec 2018
After the opening we are greeted by a horrible abomination!!!! I don't know what it is but please for its own sake kill it!!!,,,,,, Good start there anime!!!,,, Idiot!!

And its ugly as always and it brought back the over bright light colours!! That burns your eyes!!! Lovely getting another headache from this anime!!!

Why cant you fucking chose if you want a monster invasion or a tournament ?? Its better to do one great then doing both terrible,, And they talk way to much!!! Fight please i don't care about your stupid shit or listing!! You are so fucking boring!!

Hey that's a pretty girl Tornado!!! And she confirmed herself as one of my new waifus perfect!! Now things looks brighter!! And the weak males tries to save the city from the monster invasion!!! And ofc they cant handle shit and fails miserably!! They are inferior beings!!! Well luckily for you maggots!! My Goddess are there and saves the day!! And their worthless males stupid asses!! My waifu is beautiful!!! Strong!!!And brave as hell!!!,,, She obliterates that monster in seconds!!! Crush it!! And then she finish off strong!! By telling the puny incapable males how useless they are!!!,, YES!!! Good girl!!! You are definitely my waifu tell them off!!! And ofc the flash dick!!! Or whatever that pathetic! buffoons name is,,,, Open he's big mouth!! After my girl have left the scene?? Yes tough guy please be cocky to her in her face next time!! You are a joke!!

And now it starts to bored me again becoming monsters to gain strength blablabla please its so boring cant you bring out the girl again? If she speaks i will listen!!

The tournament continues or should i say the debate? Because they are nagging more then they are fighting,,,,and it starts to piss me off!!! Even the audience is fucking complaining!! They should have a refund ,,,, The last part was ok and it actually looks like a fighting tournament then it ended,,,,,, For crying out loud!!!

Little anime you are horrible in every way!! You are ugly as shit you have deformed characters huge problem with the pacing, to many side plots!! enormous problem with the animations and the colours!!! The list goes on and fucking on!! It is pathetic!! BUT you have a strong female that i really liked!! Because of that i'm going to trade you!! 1 point for 1 waifu!! So you had 2/10 now you have 3/10!! Well good trade!! And if you have cute girls for me in the future!! I can consider another business transaction!! ,,,,Better you self to next week!!

Yuri-CrusaderMay 23, 2019 2:51 PM
May 22, 2019 1:49 PM

Jul 2015
CapedBaldy-sama said:
This season is funny for the wrong reasons lol. That scene where saitama flies and hits the wall -- I've yet to see worse animation lol.

That part was hilarious, what was that?
May 22, 2019 2:33 PM

Jan 2013
It was more than obvious that he would get caught and probably disqualified xD
But great episode! I love the emphasis on the other guy and how strong he is and then you have Saitama ahahahaha great fight! Love how he won with an "ass punch" xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 22, 2019 4:01 PM
Mar 2015
That was super lame The first season at least had humor This one just has bad fights
May 22, 2019 4:02 PM
Feb 2009
Tatsumaki legs and Saitama obi falling was enough to make this episode for me
May 22, 2019 4:17 PM
Apr 2019
Weebover9000 said:
Lgdpo said:
The episode was so good that neither was among the best of the week, attack on titan continues in the lead with a 9.5 general average and shoumetsu and the worst of course a forgettable trash like that neither should exist, look on the positive side at least opm 2 and higher than that.

I have no idea what you said, but im assuming you're putting other anime down to put OPM on a better spotlight, which isnt really a good thing to do or a mature thing to do if you're seriously a fan of this series, I find it hard to think what those series could of done to upset you so to act like this.
Removing the text 😁 after I went to see it was horrible and did not pass my opinion, in fact I meant that among the 2 most anticipated anime of the season the quality difference of both is high.
May 22, 2019 5:15 PM

Aug 2009
Almost died laughing.
May 22, 2019 8:10 PM

Dec 2014
I want more saitama action
May 22, 2019 8:58 PM

Mar 2016
As much as I did enjoy Saitama pwning Suiryu with that keijo move, the episode overall was still quite a mess, imho.
May 22, 2019 10:21 PM

Jul 2016
Despite my disdain for this filler-arc, I must admit, that was a pretty fun episode.

Hopefully now that this drawn out tournament is over, we can get back to the real story. The Garou arc is long enough without random filler breaks.
May 23, 2019 1:57 AM

Jul 2016
qwertyMrJINX said:
Despite my disdain for this filler-arc, I must admit, that was a pretty fun episode.

Hopefully now that this drawn out tournament is over, we can get back to the real story. The Garou arc is long enough without random filler breaks.

This "arc" isn't really a filler and it's part of Garou arc, though.
May 23, 2019 4:27 AM

Feb 2019
God, the pacing is horrendous, every supposed-to-be great moment is ruined
May 23, 2019 4:58 AM

Nov 2017
Saitama main worries during the fight is his wig.. thats funny af.
Bruh in the fight Saitama is like a little kid attempting to learn stuff but childishly plays with it after anyway totally not taking it seriously, gotta love that!
And he finishes him by doing a Keijo!!!!!! move, haha!
Next episode I want to see Saitama being chased by the cops gta style.
Or I just rather have Saitama back at fighting monsters and saving other heroes. Still don't have enough of Class S hero reactions to Saitama.
Btw I bet a plot twist would be the emotionless dog Class S hero also has Saitama's powers.

plz @ me
May 23, 2019 8:54 AM
Jan 2017
lol.. saitama fight make me laught so hard,,
he hard to fight cause hold that wig ..and saitama like always one hit win.. lol look at the way he running away from the referee,, The best comedy of s2 series as this far
May 23, 2019 1:04 PM

Jan 2014
Saitama vs Suiryu was good, animation had very good moments (also some medicore), they cut heroes fights but they werent important (madhouse also cut some in first season). I was enyoing this episode so I can give 5. I have to say that the best drawing moments are far better than anything in season one.

5/5

Tatsumaki looks good. :)
Taito10May 23, 2019 1:10 PM
May 23, 2019 3:41 PM
Nov 2016
Taito10 said:
I have to say that the best drawing moments are far better than anything in season one.

Oh boy you must be joking.

Name one thing that season 2 does better than season 1.
May 23, 2019 4:07 PM

Jan 2014
xZabuzax said:
Taito10 said:
I have to say that the best drawing moments are far better than anything in season one.

I already said what is better. If you compare the best drawing (also shading) scenes from season one then season two is better.

Mod edit: one screenshot per post

BarnaldMay 29, 2019 7:51 AM
May 23, 2019 4:11 PM
Nov 2016
Taito10 said:
xZabuzax said:

I already said what is better. If you compare the best drawing scenes from season one then season two is better.

Those are good scenes of season 2 but in no way shape or form those are any better than the "best" scenes that season 1 offered for fucks sake.

Season 2 has far FAR more worse scenes than season 1 and don't even get me started with those goddamned blurry shaky camera that season 2 is plagued with in the action scenes to hide that god-awful animation, it's just way too lazy.
BarnaldMay 29, 2019 7:51 AM
May 23, 2019 4:48 PM

Apr 2016
Man, you can really see the drop in quality in terms of animation this ep. The previous ones as well, but this one stood out a lot.

Why couldn't they get the same team from the first season? kinda hard to look at sometimes Y I K E S
May 23, 2019 6:04 PM

Jun 2012
Damn this was just bad usually I find something good in this season but this episodes was so... low quality. The animation continues to be sub-par.
Maybe the only thing done well was when Saitama stopped punch on Suryu and even then, right after they butchered the joke, because everyone should have thought that Suryu flexed his muscles and his clothes ripped because of it. Onepan makes fun of so much tropes and they are just leaving them out...
Scenes cut-short like Atomic Samurai or Suryu thinking Saitama was having trouble dodging his kicks on the head by a hair and many more, dialogues too got shortened like Suryu explaining his carefree life.
The fast pacing is making everything shallow, it's a pity this tournament gave so much contrast between heroes, non-heroes and monsters. This will ruin the next episode too...
May 24, 2019 12:02 AM

May 2012
woohoooo best fight scene yet of the animee!!! suiryu vs saitama saikouuu!!

if only they make the audience move lol.

awesome drive knight entrance. too bad he is fullmetal xD
i wish they could make the transition better tho. and keep suiryu's body proportion well :( it hurts my eyes :( they could also make the fight scene better by adding some slow-mo. but i am satisifed overall :)) goodluck with further episode!
if you want good story, read novel. if you want good graphic, read manga. anime is beyond that.
May 24, 2019 8:14 AM
Mar 2014
Fantastic episode, loved it. We finally got to see the finals with a full fight too and it delivered. Thankfully I don't read the manga so I can't tell if they missed anything, but that's ok. Can't wait to see the fight with that new monster heading their way.
May 24, 2019 9:17 AM

Jan 2014
xZabuzax said:
Taito10 said:

I already said what is better. If you compare the best drawing scenes from season one then season two is better.

Those are good scenes of season 2 but in no way shape or form those are any better than the "best" scenes that season 1 offered for fucks sake.

Season 2 has far FAR more worse scenes than season 1 and don't even get me started with those goddamned blurry shaky camera that season 2 is plagued with in the action scenes to hide that god-awful animation, it's just way too lazy.

Season 2 has better scenes.
BarnaldMay 29, 2019 7:52 AM
May 24, 2019 9:58 AM
Oct 2016
How can people even watch this shit of an adaptation let alone enjoy it? At this point I just want JC Staff to stop working on OPM and not to release any more episodes. As a huge fan of the manga and S1 of the anime, seeing bs like this hurts my eyes.
May 24, 2019 10:29 AM
Nov 2016
Taito10 said:
xZabuzax said:

No it doesn't, I can find dozens of shitty scenes in season 2 but I won't even be bothered to do it after your lame-ass response.

Maybe someone else can be bothered to do it for you. You're just the minority here after all, we don't even bother to take you seriously, the majority of people here agrees that season 2 is shit compared to season 1.
May 24, 2019 10:59 AM

Nov 2017
The comedy aspect is still good. Too bad the anime made Flashy Flash looked like a joke.
May 24, 2019 12:59 PM

Feb 2019
I am severely disappointed with this season of One Punch Man. No real reason to repeat what has already been said but unless another studio adapts a third season I am dropping this.

It is really unfortunate that this happened but at least I still have Shingeki no Kyojin and Carole & Tuesday to look forward to every week.
May 24, 2019 7:23 PM
Apr 2015
TheCommoner said:
I am severely disappointed with this season of One Punch Man. No real reason to repeat what has already been said but unless another studio adapts a third season I am dropping this.

It is really unfortunate that this happened but at least I still have Shingeki no Kyojin and Carole & Tuesday to look forward to every week.

Story and charecter in season 2 better than season 1
May 24, 2019 8:40 PM

Feb 2017
Jeez that episode went by FAST.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
May 25, 2019 6:08 AM

Jun 2013
I love Tatsumaki and Fubuki so much, I love these sisters a lot and seeing them makes me happy. It was nice seeing Flashy Flash too. Last time I saw him was in an OVA where they were at an onsen. LOL at him badmouthing Tatsumaki after she flew away.

LOL at that fight between Saitama and Suiryu. Saitama was so fucking done with him. Suiryu was pissing me off tbh. Glad he lost because of a twerk.

臭い-
May 25, 2019 6:43 AM
May 2019
I’m not sure if it was this episode or last episode but the octopus monster fight was super baddddd. Bones missing, flash sliced all the eyes but then when he was about to do his final attack, they showed the octopus monster with all its eyes intact. Like wtf, lol. It definitely feels really rushed compared to the manga
May 25, 2019 12:29 PM
Dec 2017
Taito10 said:
xZabuzax said:

I thought everyone (including season 2 defendants) had unanimously agreed that season one had better scenes than season two. Here are just a few good ones that top the images you posted for season 2

Mod edit: one screenshot per post
BarnaldMay 29, 2019 7:53 AM
May 25, 2019 2:43 PM

Mar 2013
Honestly the only thing I really hate about this season is the comments on here. Sure the anime itself could be better but I still enjoy it.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
May 25, 2019 8:15 PM

Nov 2011
Holy shit that was bad. I expected the worst but this was on a whole new level.
—Actually, nevermind.
May 26, 2019 12:29 AM

Jan 2014
ZenL said:
Taito10 said:

I thought everyone (including season 2 defendants) had unanimously agreed that season one had better scenes than season two. Here are just a few good ones that top the images you posted for season 2

Not really, they looks nice (only gif looks good) but shading, details are still better in images which I posted.
BarnaldMay 29, 2019 7:54 AM
May 26, 2019 1:20 AM

May 2016
This episode was actually okay and more enjoyable than the previous one by this season's standards but that leaves a lot to be desired since it's not much. Even though they look really cool, the best-looking shots of the episode (Serious Silly Saitama, Flashy, Atomic, and Tatsumaki's legs) were stills with some mouth movement compared to the first season where its most iconic scenes possess the perfect balance of visual quality and animation. The sound effects continue to sound damp when it shouldn't be and the dull shiny metal effects continue to rear itself too.

It'll be easier for me to list this instead so my gripes with the fight scenes were:
-the lack of Calcium Man who might've been removed because it probably looked like it might be some sort of shade towards Bones who could've done a more splendid job than them
-Drive Knight's transformation bar looking pretty choppy while it transforms
-Flashy Flash's attack looking like me carefully erasing something in PS than a fast flashy flash
-Atomic Samurai's Atomic Slash making Haragiri look like he's one of the unlucky 50% when Thanos snapped instead of a glorious explosion of monster bits.
-Suiryuu's kick tornado not being done justice

That doesn't mean that the episode wasn't enjoyable like I said earlier. Child Emperor and Pig God's scene was done rather well, I enjoyed Tatsumaki's giant takoyaki scene a lot, and most of Saitama's fight with Suiryuu was well-executed, especially that Keijo!!!!!!!! worthy conclusion~ Still hoping it'll get better...

May 26, 2019 1:34 AM
Feb 2019
Finally some Saitama! I want more!
May 26, 2019 2:07 AM
Jan 2016
I love the consistency from this series. The title is One Punch Man and it'll always like that no matter how strong the opponent was...hahaha I really love this series.
May 26, 2019 9:26 AM

May 2015
Wait so Charanko was Saitama?! Damn!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 26, 2019 5:21 PM
Jul 2013
Holy shit I couldn't stop laughing from the animation of Suiryu vs Saitama. It was so bad it was beyond funny. Its not what the series intends to be thought so that's another thing, but seeing Suiryu have massive spasms whenever he's trying to kick several times because whoever created the frames clearly gave no fuck about the outcome made the adaptation look far more stupid than its usually is. If we gotta have this trash quality atleast I hope they keep animating this horribly so I'll atleast have a laugh or two.
May 26, 2019 6:11 PM
Jan 2019
Amazing! Very good episode! 😁👌 I laughed too much watching Saitama's fight against Siryu xD.
1. 5 S Heroes have been set in motion: Drive Knight, Child Emperor, Pig God, Flashy Flash, Atomic Samurai. Adding to Whatchdog Man, Tatsumaki and Silver Fang, are 8 Class S heroes who are fighting at the moment.
2. "Monster cells"? What the hell? Now anyone can become a monster.
3. Saitama lost the Martial Arts tournament for the blessed wig. LOL.
I must admit that Siryu showed great fighting moves, but Saitama did not flinch from his fierce attacks. With just one punch, Saitama beat him 😂😂😂. I seem to have seen that in an anime of girls who fight with their butts, I do not remember the name 😅.
4. I hope to see a full fight between Garou and Whatchdog Man in the next episode 😎👌. Now if the great comes! xD.
PS: Run Saitama, run! Do not let the security team catch you! 😂
May 26, 2019 7:20 PM

Oct 2018
Taito10 said:
ZenL said:

Not really, they looks nice (only gif looks good) but shading, details are still better in images which I posted.

Eh, none of the pics you posted looked outstanding.
May 26, 2019 9:28 PM
Aug 2017
I swear these people criticize the show like the animators killed their entire family xD
May 27, 2019 2:50 AM

Dec 2016
As I said previous episode(s) it still reminds me of the downfall of tokyo ghoul (:RE)..
Worthless randoms 24/7, that sh*t gets awful (well I 4/10'd season 1 so I didn't expect much from season 2)
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
May 27, 2019 6:32 AM

Feb 2019
^^^^guys the bad animation of OPM2 is a fact not an opinion.
May 27, 2019 4:45 PM
Apr 2018
does anyone knows how many episodes will this season have
May 27, 2019 9:33 PM

Oct 2008
Taito10 said:
ZenL said:

You might have come to that conclusion due to the fact that all the images you posted (save for Saitama about to punch, which incidentally contains less detail than the others you posted) are from moments of limited or NO animation. It's either a slow camera pan across a completely still image that last for about 2-3 seconds on screen or three looped frames of movement from hair or clothes. They presumably had more time to work on it because that's all that's going to be on screen a few seconds.

All of the images that were posted as a counter argument are unique frames from actual movement. You posted key frames, they countered with in-between shots.

If you're judging season two as a motion comic It'd score pretty high, but season one set the bar so high in both consistently good animation and excellent direction that this painfully precipitous drop in quality in almost all areas is what's twisting the J.C. Staff knife.

Without trolling, I doubt anyone could reasonably argue objectively that season two is better than season one in almost any aspect.
Prouldy addicted to chloroform!
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

389 by THEBIGNOODLER »»
Apr 10, 2:30 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

200 by Craneface »»
Mar 28, 2:52 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - May 7, 2019

244 by scorpioniclibra »»
Mar 14, 3:26 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

367 by Dr_tardo »»
Feb 21, 6:24 PM

» Bro deadass nearly died

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 17

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 17, 3:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.